Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Robert_296:

I'm going to have a go as the Softies from where spc left off anyway and I'll use that save if Poopy doesn't turn up, if that is ok

Up to yourself, I don't see too much of a problem with it.

Poopypants, please either claim this season sometime tonight or let us know if you're happy to switch positions with Robert, cheers.

Originally posted by ridleys:

What's the full time thing?

Make sure players the contract is set to full time if you're negotiating with anyone. They were all part time previously and I'm fairly sure it's part of the reason we had become so carp.

Yeah most of the players have left, tim phillips was my 4th choice striker i really dont think he is good enough for the BSP. Your old mate Olly Kenney is now at Northampton I think and banging in the goals.

Good Luck Robert I think you've got a good chance this season of a play off spot or maybe better if you can bring in some quality to the right areas.

If anyone has been following and reckons they can do better, you're more than welcome to have a crack at it, just let me know. The Monkeys in particular could do with a few more definites.

Also, quite a few people declared an interest previously and pulled out for whatever reason. If you want back in, just say, won't be a problem.

History so far:

Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

Season 1. Bermybhoy - BSN - 7th

Season 2. aaberdeenn - BSS - 1st, promoted!

Season 3. NepentheZ - BSP - 21st, relegated

Season 4. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS - 17th

Season 5. bermybhoy - BSS - 2nd, promoted via play-offs! icon_biggrin.gif

Season 6. ridleys - BSP, season starting soon

7. NepentheZ

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen, 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Southern Softies / Legends FC

Season 1. Robert296 - BSS - 1st, promoted!

Season 2. Dafuge - BSP - 5th, play off semi-final

Season 3. elf_30 - BSP - 17th

Season 4. Spc1485 - BSP - 11th

Season 5. Poopypants (tbc) - BSP - season starting soon

6. Robert296

7. Dafuge

8. elf_30

9. Spc1485

Honours

BSS Champions, 2007/8 - Robert296

FA Trophy, 2008/9 - dafuge

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spc1485:

Unfortiunately this player, who dafuge signed left last year to exeter for 24k. He would have made a massive difference this year if he was here

Robert Murray

I know this was a while ago, but how did he get sold for £24k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took over after you Dafuge and I sold him to raise some cash at the start of my season. He was the player that most of the teams were interested in and for my team, he was expendable to me.

Peace

Ten Ton FC August 2012 report

I still don't know how to change the name from Solihull Moors.

So, The Monkeys are back in the Blue Square Premier for the 2nd tim in their history. After relegation the last time they reached this level, they will be hoping to survive for longer than 1 season this time. Pre Season went well, losing just one of 5 games, scoring 13 in the progress. I brought in a few players, Michael Bastow a goalkeeper from Wrexham on a free transfer, Ben Vaughan a midfielder from Merthyr Tydfil for £1k and Ben Bell a striker on a season long loan from Leicester, to strengthen and add more depth to the team.

The month started poorly with an abysmal 0 - 5 defeat to Grays Athletic. We defended poorly and the strikers couldn't get the supply they needed to bag a goal. The second game was just as bad, losing 2 - 6 against Kidderminster. Once again we defended awfully but at least we managed to score a couple of goals. I felt the need to sign a defender and I got Dave Reid on a season long loan from Leicester.

We slowly started to show signs of improvement as we grabbed a deserved 2 - 2 draw at Southport, with both goals coming from Free Kicks taken by Ishmael Reeves. We also managed a draw 1 - 1 against Torquay, on TV, which saw us move off the bottom of the table at last.

The end of the month ended on a high, winning a game at last! It was an excellent game where we were behind for most of the game. We were 2 - 0 down in 20 minutes before grabbing a goal in the 25th minute. We went in 3 - 1 at half time and I was praying that it wouldn't turn in to another smashing. The team talk must have worked though as the lads came out full of confidence and going on to win the game 3 - 4!

At the end of the month I brought in 2 more defenders, Andy Robertson and Gavin King to hopefully add more strength to the defence and concede less goals.

Check your email now icon14.gif

Sounds like a tricky start, hope it contnues to pick up. I found the defence pretty good, played Hancox in goal, with Reed, Gray, Scannell and Reeves across the back, didn't make many mistakes. Sold anyone yet?

Ten Ton FC September 2012 report

I still don't know how to change the name from Solihull Moors. The email I got sent had an attachment which I put into the folder but it hasn't worked.

After the improvement towards the end of August, I was hoping for some more improvement this month. There were 8 league games in total, so the team was rotated a fair bit.

Results:

Ten Ton FC 0 - 2 Salisbury - Poor performance which led to a poor defeat really. Not a great start to the month.

Kings Lynn 1 - 1 Ten Ton FC - 2 late goals and an 88th minute equaliser by James Dunn saw us draw a game which we should have won.

Ten Ton FC 5 - 1 Macclesfield - How on earth were they unbeaten before this game!? We absolutely outclassed them. Despie them having slightly more possesion?

Aldershot 2 - 1 Ten Ton FC - The other one of our 2 defeats this month. I can't really make any complaints though. They had more shots and were better coming forward. The best team won really.

Ten Ton FC 1 - 0 Blyth - I can't believe how we only scored only 1 goal. We had 19 shots and completely dominated the possession. Still the result moved us up to 15th place so I was pleased.

Ten Ton FC 1 - 1 Ebbsfleet - Fairly even game where a draw was the best result, although we hit the bar twice.

Leigh RMI 2 - 3 Ten Ton FC - I was confident at half time when we were 2 - 0 up that it would be an easy 3 points, but it wasn't. Tom Scannell was sent off just after half time and the pressure was on. They got it back to 2 - 2, but a wonderful goal by Ollie Hawthorne sealed the 3 points in the 88th minute.

Ten Ton FC 2 - 1 Kettering - Another fairly even game, which came down to which team took their chances, which was us.

So a decent second month, losing just 2 of the 8 games and picking up 14 points from a possible 24.

League Table

Robert,

The four key players I would look for are in order;

1. A reliable keeper - Niether keeper is up to much so this should be your first port of call. I find at this level good keepers are hard to find so maybe a loanee is required to fill this void.

2. A solid no frills DMC to allow Driver to play in an AMC role (providing you like playing with a AMC in your formation). Driver is quality and i think if played in the AMC role he would score bucket loads behind the striker/s.

3. A centre back partner for Foster ideally with some pace as he isnt the quickest

4. Talbot and Blackburn worked well up front but a striker with genuine pace may be better suited to this level and provide some much needed cover for injuries as when i lost one of them my cover wasn't good enough.

Hope this helps although i'm sure you will need more than 4 recruits to turn this team into promotion hopefuls. Good Luck with it!

Ten Ton FC October 2012 report

Not a good month unfortunately. We won just 1 of 5 games, losing 3 of them and drawing the other. We have dropped to 18th in the league again as well. A positive though was that we got through to the 2nd round of the FA cup with a win against Corby in the 1st round.

Results

Forest Green 2 - 1 Ten Ton FC - Unfortunate to lose this game. We dominated for most of the game but couldn't score when it matters. It didn't help that Simon Owen was injured eiher.

Bury 3 - 1 Ten Ton FC - Not much between the two teams really apart from they took their chances and we didn't.

Ten Ton FC 2 - 1 Boston Utd - Our only league win of the month, although they were 3rd from bottom so it was a game we had to win.

Ten Ton FC 0 - 1 Droylsden - A goal in the 5th minute secured a win for them. It was a poor game and a poor performance by us.

Crawley 1 - 1 Ten Ton FC - Dissapointing seeing as we led for half the game. Their equaliser in the 86th minute meant we had to settle with only 1 point.

Ten Ton FC 3 - 0 Corby (FA Cup 1st Round) - Easy win really and they weren't helped by getting one of their players sent off.

I can't put a league table in until the December update because I forgot to take screenshots in October and November meaning I can only get the current league table.

Great work robert unless you get £1m plus do not sell as i dont think you will able to get a better midfielder at this level.

Looking forward to the start of your season to see some of my old squad take us to the football league. No Pressure!!

I'm out of the country for the next week for work so good luck with the season, look forward to seeing how you get on

Ten Ton FC November 2012 report

Much better month compared to October. We lost only 1 game and came up with a fantastic 1 - 1 draw against league leaders Rushden on TV, as well as an even better 4 - 0 thrashing over Bristol Rovers who were 3rd at the time. We have also pushed back up to 14th place in the league.

Results

Ten Ton FC 4 - 0 Bristol Rovers - Once again we have shown our class to upstage one of the leagues promotion chasers. We did well to keep a clean sheet as well which we only managed once last month.

Weymouth 1 - 2 Ten Ton FC - One early goal and one late goals did enough to gain us 3 points on this occasion in a game that could have gone either way.

Ten Ton FC 2 - 1 Workington - Two first half goals withing 10 minutes of each other managed to scrape us the win, despite Workington piling on the pressure and scoring a goal 8 minutes from time to give them a little bit of hope.

Ten Ton FC 1 - 1 Rushden - Probably our most deserved point so far this season, although it was a shame we couldn't go on and win it after having most of the possesion and having more shots at goal.

Dag & Red 3 - 2 Ten Ton FC - Our only defeat of the month against possibly our easiest opponents of the month. When we scored a 83rd minute equaliser I thought that we had got a point but then a dubious penalty was given to them in the sying seconds of the game. Gutted.

I can't put a league table in until the December update because I forgot to take screenshots in October and November meaning I can only get the current league table.

Ten Ton FC December 2012 report

Another good month containing just one defeat again. We also managed to score 15 goals in the 7 games we played, including 3 or more goals in 4 consecutive games. We also played against Hull City in the 2nd round of the FA Cup which we unfortuantely lost 2 - 1, but it was a good effort.

Results

Ten Ton FC 1 - 2 Hull City (FA Cup 2nd round) - It was a good effort against a team 2 divisions higher. They were first to score and once we equalised i thought we were back in it, until just a few seconds later, right from the kickoff they basically sliced through my defence and scored again.

Ten Ton FC 3 - 0 MK Dons - With them aiming for a playoff place, this result would have hurt them. It also moved us up to 12th place in the table.

Ten Ton FC 4 - 4 Kidderminster - A very entertaining game although we chould have won with ease. We were 3 - 1 up at half-time despite them scoring and I thought that we would win comfortably, but they came at us and some how scored 3 goals in just 11 minutes to take the lead. In the end we were lucky to score a 90th minute equaliser.

Ten Ton FC 3 - 0 Blyth (FA Trophy 1st round) - after beating them only 1 - 0 in the league I felt that we needed to win this game by a bit more, so i set the team to go more attacking and it worked, with us runnung out easy winners.

Ten Ton FC 3 - 0 Ebbsfleet (Setanta Shield 4th round) - Another easy win, despite me resting a few players. We did get lucky though when they had a player sent off early on.

Torquay 0 - 1 Ten Ton FC - A scrappy game and a scrappy win in all fairness. They missed numerous oppurtunites, inluding a penalty, right before half time. They also had a player sent off right before half time, which hindered their chances of picking up any kind of result from the game.

Southport 2 - 1 Ten Ton FC - For the 2nd month in a row our only defeat of the month has come in the final match of the month. They went 2 - 0 in the first half, and our 51st minute goal didn't give us the right momentum to make us push forward and grab another.

League Table

Fantastic stuff Ridleys. Really got this side going in the right direction. Shame about October, really. In terms of points though, we're closer to the playoffs than to the relegation spots, which is a fine effort for the first season up.

Who are the top performers at this stage? What sort of actics are you using? Goals are fairly flying in at both ends. Best of luck for the rest of the season icon14.gif

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Fantastic stuff Ridleys. Really got this side going in the right direction. Shame about October, really. In terms of points though, we're closer to the playoffs than to the relegation spots, which is a fine effort for the first season up.

Who are the top performers at this stage? What sort of actics are you using? Goals are fairly flying in at both ends. Best of luck for the rest of the season icon14.gif

I'll include a bit about this in the January update icon_smile.gif

This summer Roberts got rid of quite a few of the regulars to make money for other signings and to keep the wages down. Here are the transfers. Nightingale may be old but I think he can do a job at left back and occasionally centre back, for this season at an rate as he has played 5 games for England so he should bring a lot of experiance to the defence. Ellis seems a good signing and although I think Nightingale is a better defender he is only 27 so has a lot more years still in him. Darcy is another right back to strenghthen the defence and has 4 under 21 caps to his name. Francis is another exoeriance player who is now well into his thirties but I was still delighted to snap him up on a free transfer as he has played for England 5 times scoring twice. Jones is the goalkeeper spc asked for as he is a "good signing for a league two side" and I think he can claim the number one shirt for himself.

I am rather pleased with my team from the four friendlies we played. Although we lost every game apart from the 4-0 win over Harrogate, we only lost to a late penalty and a 94th minute strike against Slough. We lost to the "mighty" Aberdeen 6-0 icon_razz.gif and after leading over Chester we were pegged back and eventually lost 2-1.

I think I will use the 4-3-1-2 formation that was used last year as that was what I used in the 4-0 win over Harrogate and the unlucky loss to Slough. Here will be my first team lineup.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Jones

Darcy Ellis Byrne Nightingale

Bartlett Driver Wood

Francis

Talbot Blackburn</pre>

media prediction: 12th

My prediction: 10th

Update for the first month will come some time today. Probably this afternoon.

Archived