Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December was a mixed month with 3 wins 1 draw and 2 losses here are the results:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">1-0 Dorchester (H)

1-0 Bishop's Stortford (H)

4-3 Newport County (A)

1-2 Newport COunty (A) Setanta Sheild 4th round

1-2 Hayes & Yeading (A)

3-3 Bromley (A)</pre>

We had a great start to the month as we got back to our winning way by winning the first 3 games with TIm Phillips getting 4 goals including a hattrick against newport County but after the 4 minutes of alloted injury time Tim Phillips got injured and he is out for 2 to 3 months icon_mad.gif Results started to go very bad after he got injured including being knocked out of the cup. We will need him back so but on the bright side Andy Bartley is back and has already fitted straight back into the midfield.

January was a mixed month for us with 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw. Here are the results:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">1-1 Maidenhead (H)

0-1 Bath (H)

1-2 Cambridge City (A)

1-0 Welling (H)

3-0 Eastbourne Boro (H)</pre>

January was looking like it was going ot go the same way as the previous months with lots of disapointment but at the end after the loan signing Olly Kenney from Arsenal led us to two wins in the final two games including a 3-0 drubbing over promotion rivals Eastbourne Boro. Tim Phillips will be back in a few weeks.

February went very well for the Softies. The results were as follows:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">5-0 St Albans (H)

3-0 Bognor Regis (A)

1-0 Thurrock (H)

1-2 Braintree (H)</pre>

An emotional return to Braintree for Danny Roberts, where he brought them to Champions league and Premiership glory and scored over 1,000 goals, spoiled an otherwhise perfect month for Legends FC winning all but the Braintree game and keeping clean sheets in all of the wins. David Nugent has claimed his place in goal for the softies as Palacios was looking a bit shaky so Nugent got a go and he became the first choice keeper, Olly Kenney was also a brilliant signing as he scored 7 goals in those four matches in February to add the the brace against Eastbourne Boro.

March was a great month as we went unbeaten.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">2-1 Weston-super-Mare (H)

0-0 Hampton & Richmond (H)

2-0 Eastleigh (A)

4-1 Lewes (H)

4-2 Havant & Waterlooville (A)

3-0 Bishop's Stortford (H)</pre>

We only dropped one point in the whole of March which was in the second game where Hampton & Richmond held us to a draw. Olly Kenney brought us to winning all these games as he was prolific scoring 9 goals in the six games. The 3-0 win over Bishop's Stortford secured a playoff place for the Softies. A great month was capped off with Olly Kenney getting player of themonth and Danny Roberts getting manager of the month.

April and May were great months as we won the Blue Square South.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">5-2 Basingstoke (H)

4-0 Dorchester (A)

2-1 Sutton Utd (A)

0-2 Newport Co (H)</pre>

The month started very well as Olly Kenney scored 4 to win the Blue Square South for Legends FC after they were predicted 18th. Then came an embarrasing 4-0 loss to DOrchester but it didn't matter as we have already finished 1st.

League Table

Great season for us hopefully iacovone can build on it in the blue square premier.

Player reports to follow shortly. icon14.gif

Squad

Goalkeepers

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Rubén Palacios - He started the season well but then made a few errors and was dropped. Up to you whether to resign him.

David Nugent - Backup for most of the season but when Palacios was dropped he did well as he conceded less than a goal a game.</pre>

Defenders

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Matty Rowntree - Was solid but if you find a good replacement go for him.

Fernando Alfonso - Valued the most out of any of our players apart from players on loan. Definitely sell if you get the opportunity,

despite his value he is rubbish.

Scott Button - Look for a replacement

Steve Simmonds - did well when called upon. Don't think he can make the step up to Blue Square Premier.

Alexandre Diop - Great loan signing, definitely loan him again.

Charlie Hunt - Club captain. Decent centre back, might not be able to make step up to Blue Square Premier.

</pre>

Midfielders

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Jonathan Bond - Good free transfer. Getting old, will need to find a replacement.

Andy Bartley - Best midfielder for the team. Definitely will be able to make the step up. Vice captain also.

Greg Bloomfield - Ass man says he is the best midfielder but he didn't even get into the team most of the time. Unless you get a good offer keep him.

Chris Grundy - The youth teamer was great this season and managed to become a first team regular. Definitely keep him.

John Kelly - Was decent backup for Bond this season. Look to replace him.

Gary White - SELL!!!!!

Geoff Perkins - Was a good player but is getting old. Look to replace.</pre>

Strikers

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Kieran Beckford - Sell him. Got a few important goals but not very good.

Darren Grainger - Did ok, think he can do better. Unless a good offer comes in keep him

Olly Kenney - Loan at all costs!!!! 22 goals in 15 games just says it all.

Peter O'Connor - Was a good partner for Tim Phillips before Olly Kenney came. Up to you whether to keep him, might not be up to BSP standards.

Tim Phillips - Definitely keep, stats don't look too good but he got 20 goals in 26 stars.

Rob Webb - Not given a chance really, transfer listed from day one. Made one sub appearance. Sell if you can</pre>

Save file

Database

Hope they work and gl iacovone icon14.gif

PS mon Softies icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Robert_296:

What will you do if iacovone doesn't come on in the next few days?

I'll get my season done, and have the updates ready, then I'll pass the game on to aab so he can begin, and we will just have some stuff backed up waiting for you softies. icon14.gif

I've got the Save Game, just waiting for the DataBase. icon14.gif

Hopefully will start this tonight, but my order of "work" is this...

1. Finish Tandragee Season, and get update done.

2. Finish Fantasy Football Update

3. Start my Northern Monkeys season.

1 and 2 could be finished by tonight, but I wouldn't hold my breath. (However, I am trying my hardest.! )

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Maybe him and dafuge could swap places?

I think Daf wanted to wait until he has some time off work before he started his season. ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right, thought he said the earliest the better.

Originally posted by Robert_296:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

I think Daf wanted to wait until he has some time off work before he started his season. ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right, thought he said the earliest the better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps he did, I could be wrong icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Oh right, thought he said the earliest the better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps he did, I could be wrong icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll read through the discussion thread icon14.gif

The only diference will be the name of the club tbh.

yea, and some of the things like Stadium and stuff. Still. I don't want to play with Solihull Moors. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Birthday today. Been out on the lash icon_biggrin.gif

Database has been uploaded and I see it's been downloaded by someone....what's the problem with it Nep?

The problem is, I don't know how to open the .fm save, with the downloaded database. ! icon_confused.gif

Cheers. Same problem occurs, it can't find the database. icon13.gif

Given how minimal the edits were, all we're really losing is the club names. I think I set our club to own it's stadium, that might be lost, not sure. I think the rest are variables that would chage as soon as the game moves on anyway.

There's a thread in General on the problem, maybe someone knows the answer - otherwise, personally I think we're as well just to carry on, tis a pain losing the names, but as I say, I can't see much else that is likely to lost. And, someone can just go in and edit them back to the proper names. Thoughts?

I think I've figured out why it wont recognize the DB. I play on a Mac. icon_frown.gif

Which means, I'm going to have to play my season as solihull moors, or forfeit. I don't mind either. aab, if you want to take the 2nd season, instead of me, so you can do it during your holidays, I wouldn't mind icon14.gif

Well, I'm downloading both files just now and if they both work - I'll report back if they do - then I'm happy to go and take your place for now.

I've effectively got tomorrow, Friday, and Sunday to get the season done so that should be plenty of time.

I'm getting the same problem, the database isn't being recognised so obviously nothing to do with what type of computer you're on wether it be a mac or desktop. I'd just suggest leaving the database and continuing on with just the save.

I'm not too bothered what we do but it seems as though just using the save only and playing with Solihull Moors may be the only viable option to continue this unless we can get this database to work.

But seeing as Nep suggested it I think I'll take over second spot for now and go on with completing the second season and then he can take the third if that's ok with everyone?

If we can sort the database then great, if not, hey ho, it doesn't really matter to be honest.

Well...we've all had the same problem then. I think we're as well to carry on with the wrong names. They are the Monkeys and the Softies regardless icon14.gif

Next up for the Softies was iacovone then Dafuge...not sure if either of them is set to give it a go?

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Actually, can't you only choose what database you wan't to use when starting a new game?. I'm not sure you can continue with a game that uses a different database to the default one, not entirely sure but I'm sure that's right thinking about it.

Yea thats true. What I did was start a new game with the new DB, then Go to "Load Game" hoping it would load it from the DB I was using, but no joy.

Someone said something about saving the game fixed it, but I'm not so sure.

The thing that gets me is this, he's not using real players, yet the players from the different DB's are still the same icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Well one thing that's happened already which is quite a big surprise is that we have been placed in the Blue Square South this season rather than the Blue Square North.

Could make things interesting..

Isn't Solihull quite far north though?

Archived