Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Well done. GL with the playoffs, but don't really want you to make it or the Softies are out of sight.

That guy is way too good. Wishing I'd thought through the rules a bit more and banned the use of parent clubs icon_wink.gif

Actually to be fair it's made me think it's a genuine issue with the game, hence I've been ranting about it in the general forum, for all the difference it will make.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

icon_biggrin.gif we just need to unleash Kenney and we will be through icon_razz.gif

He's injured icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif well done on the FA trophy though \o/

Just had quick look at what I've got to work with at Ten Ton and the squad looks good for the BSS. The guys before me have done a decent job I reckon, as for me... well I just hope I don't get sacked, I've not had too much experience managing at this level in England on FM08.

I'm going to try and get through pre-season before Monday and then really crack on with it on my two days off work (Tues & Wed).

'Mon the Monkeys. icon_cool.gif

Northern Monkeys

Season 1. Bermybhoy - BSN - 7th

Season 2. aaberdeenn - BSS - 1st - promoted!

Season 3. NepentheZ - BSP - 21st - relegated icon_frown.gif

Season 4. Gundo - BSN - Season starting soon

5. rlipscombe

Southern Softies

Season 1. Robert296 - BSS - promoted!

Season 2. Dafuge - BSP - 5th, play off semi-final

Season 3. HunterKiller - BSP - starting soon

4. elf_30

5. Spc1485

Again, anyone else who wants to take part welcome.

Originally posted by HunterKiller:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Ah well. You did good to get up to the playoffs in our first season in the BSP now lets just hope the next manager will improve on it. icon14.gif

You do realise that's me don't you?

No pressure icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Ihave faith in you

Cheers icon14.gif

Just abouit to get started..Cheers for the tactics/training dafuge icon_smile.gif

Not a problem. The only advice I have is give Robert Murray lots of games. He was injured for a large part of my season but he could become a quality player.

Legends FC (BSP) - 2009/10 Mid Season Review

The first major change implemented by the erratic Danny Roberts this season was to sever the club's link with Premiership side Arsenal. Personal differences with Arsene Wenger were cited as the reason, leaving Legends FC without their leading scorer and general wonderkid Olly Kenney for their second season in the Blue Square Premier. Was this decision brave or foolish?

Competitions

The League Table tells it's own story. The start of the season was abysmal, but a tactical switch to a more catious outlook has seen things brighten up a touch. Relegation is still castin a large, threatening shadow, however. The cups have been a disappointment, with only the Setanta Shield left in terms of silverware. We've scored a fair amount of goals, but the defending makes Titus Bramble look like Franco Baresi at times.

Players

Danny Richards has been the best player so far, looking fairly solid at the back and contributing a number of goals from set-pieces. Tim Phillips is the top scorer with 11 goals, and has looked generally impressive. Young Keenan looks like a good prospect for the future.

Transfers

Why did you stop Arsenal being the feeder club? icon_frown.gif

I just felt it was a bit unrealistic. Am regretting it now though icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't that have been something you discussed with the forum first? I know YOU ARE the manager, but still. Thats a huge statement.

I think the whole feeder/parent club stuff is crap as it's not part of real football. There are no official links between players. Clubs have ties with other clubs and send their youngsters to similar clubs when they are available to be sent out but there are no officially done set deals.

Well, I do think each person's entitled to do it as they like. I did think Arsenal was a bit excessive tbh, and the guy on loan was simply way too good to be realistic. One thing is that the Monkeys simply can't get a parent club of any sort, so it certainly evens things up in that regard.

Well played to him, the right thing to do really.

It wouldn't happen in real life so it's blagging the game to do well, so theoretically it is cheating. The same way that scoring loads of goals from corners is, it's a break in the game so you hardly bragg about doing well when you're gaining from a fault in the game, doesn't make you a good manager.

Fair play Hunter, exactly the right thing to do. I'm all for having a parent club but having a premiership team loaning you championship standard players is excessive. No problem people taking the option if they can but its up to the manager themselves to make the final call

Just to clarify myself on this, why does everyone consider a parent club as cheating. To me, if the option is available in the game, a manager should take full advantage of whatever he can to make his team better.

Yes, it may be different in real life but then again, this is a game and although it does mirror real life in a way, it is not real life.

You do have to look at it from this games prospective. Other clubs, those controlled by the computer have the option of having feeder/parent clubs and some do. If you want the game to be fair toward the human run teams, why should they be handicapped when a computer controlled opponent is not. IF SI had made this something you could stop or change in the setup, then I would say, good, no one can take advantage, but they have not and they did include it.

Dont want to beat a dead horse, but in the example given here, with Legends, had we not had Arsenal for the time we did, maybe Sutton Utd or one of the other teams in the BS/S would have and in the end we would have been affected adversily.

Just my thoughts, when I take over if no one wants a parent club, I will do as the rest agree, but that are just my thoughts.

Cant wait to take over. Love this idea, it is a great thing to see.

peace

Been giving this debate a bit of thought. Looking back, what I said at the start was simply don't cheat, and adopt LLM rules if you wish. Now, I can very much see how having Arsenal as a parent and loaning Kenney can be regarded as de facto cheating, but it is a 'normal' part of the game, and thus allowed as set out.

What I personally think is that in the spirit of this challenge, there's a danger of it detracting slightly from the level playing field we set out to achieve. But there is clearly a range of opinions on the matter, so basically I think it needs to be up to whoever is in charge at the time.

I was going to suggest we have a vote on the matter but after giving my own biased opinion it occurred to me it would be along he lines of a Daily Mail phone poll...you know the ones... "do you think foreign criminals who promote terrorism and sell smack to 7 year olds while claiming benefits should be allowed to remain in the country? - vote yes or no"

Originally posted by Robert_296:

Don't give the blame all to me Dafuge icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to shift the blame. I could have easily refused to use them but since no rules were being broken I carried on, which is exactly the same as what you did.

I agree with you elf_30 but it's all a matter of moral/pride.

Being successful playing the closest rules you can to real life that the game allows is the best form of acheivement you can get on the game. It doesn't happen in real life so I wouldn't use it in the game, even if it does leave you at a disadvantage from the other AI teams. Depends on the player who's playing, so I suppose it's not cheating then, it's a matter of moral/pride.

That's all I'm saying on this matter.

Sorry that all generated into an argument. Don't worry about it all Robert, evidently there's a spread of opinion on the matter, so nowt wrong with it.

GL with the rest of the season, hunterkiller. Has Gundo kicked off for the Monkeys yet?

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Has Gundo kicked off for the Monkeys yet?

I got through pre-season friendlies yesterday and I plan to make a start on the league campaign from tonight. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Has Gundo kicked off for the Monkeys yet?

I got through pre-season friendlies yesterday and I plan to make a start on the league campaign from tonight. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Luck Gundo icon14.gif leave the club in a good position for me..... icon_wink.gif

Erm... What happens if I get sacked? icon_confused.gif

We are rock bottom after 5 games. icon_frown.gif I have really have hardly played the English league in FM08 and I'm really struggling, the standard of players in the BSN/S is shocking.

Archived