Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

It wasn't that I like MC's it was that they were decent and couldn't find any others

You'll be pleased to know that Tim Phillips has appeared on the club's favoured personnel list. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ he was fb during the early part of the season. Can't wait for an update.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NepentheZ has taken this relegation hard. Quite looking forward to him having another go to make amends.

Just wondering whether we should just go back to the start once those on the list currently are done? Would having a closed shop add or detract from it? Not sure if any non-participants are following this anyway, but there's not been a vast amount of interest thus far...

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

NepentheZ has taken this relegation hard. Quite looking forward to him having another go to make amends.

Just wondering whether we should just go back to the start once those on the list currently are done? Would having a closed shop add or detract from it? Not sure if any non-participants are following this anyway, but there's not been a vast amount of interest thus far...

I think it's a great idea, hopefully some more people will sign up for it but if not, we can always keep rotating and complete multiple seasons.

Early pre-season news

Legends FC are proud to announce two (yes two) new feeder clubs, Enfield and Slough Town.

I've also gone a bit bonkers on my 'building for the future' idea, bringing in 13 new players under the age of 20.

I'm pretty excited about this signing.

Natural Fitness is good, and nice mental attributes too icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

\o/ Have you released any players?

Not yet, although I've brought in almost a completely new first team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a feeling, until a few absolute key players are established in either team, that will happen every year icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Spc1485:

He looks like a great signing dafuge, 6ft 5!!! Suits my style very well so look forward to playing with him when he's in his early 20's. Hopefully the rest of youre signings are as promising.

My coaches think he would be a good signing for League 1 sides, so hopefully he will be good further down the line.

\o/ Have you released any players?

Not yet, although I've brought in almost a completely new first team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I genuinely hope that your team doesn't take ages to gel causing you to drop a lot of point early on as happened when I did that icon14.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Defence looking a bit shaky conceding that many goals no?

It is a bit of a worry, won my first league game 3-1 but that one goal has still worried me. I'll give it a few games then decide if something needs to be done, it could just be where I was playing weaker players later on in the friendlies.

Hitting a bit of a wall now, just suffered 4 consecutive defeats icon_frown.gif

Unlucky Daf.

I'm in two minds here.

Mind 1. I want you to lose. You're my rival, and I hate you. icon_biggrin.gif

Mind 2. I want you to win. Roberts inspired me to carry out Black and Wallace's career, and without them we wouldn't even be here.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Hitting a bit of a wall now, just suffered 4 consecutive defeats icon_frown.gif

Unlucky Daf.

I'm in two minds here.

Mind 1. I want you to lose. You're my rival, and I hate you. icon_biggrin.gif

Mind 2. I want you to win. Roberts inspired me to carry out Black and Wallace's career, and without them we wouldn't even be here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A corner has been turned, just got three wins in a row.

Danny Roberts is the greatest name in FM history. Is that enough motivation for you?

Motivation? Thats insulting is what that is. We all know Paul Wallace is the greatest name in FM History. He didn't have great attributes, but he still scored 1069 CLUB Goals. (How many club goals did Robert's Score?) Arguably, he also played less games per season.

Mind 1. I want you to lose. You're rival, and I hate you.

I think I know which I've decided.......

Motivation? Thats insulting is what that is. We all know Paul Wallace is the greatest name in FM History. He didn't have great attributes, but he still scored 1069 CLUB Goals. (How many club goals did Robert's Score?) Arguably, he also played less games per season.

I'd fancy myself to be able to score 1000 goals in the NI league icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I'd fancy myself to be able to score 1000 goals in the NI league icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what. You're no Paul Wallace. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

4. icon_frown.gif

Just 174 short of Danny then icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's all about CLUB goals. Come on Daf.!

(How many did Roberts actually score? I don't really remember what it was close to, to even have an educated guess...)

(How many did Roberts actually score? I don't really remember what it was close to, to even have an educated guess...)

No idea, all the threads containing the details have been deleted now. I have a feeling it was about 1080, although I'm not sure.

No idea, all the threads containing the details have been deleted now. I have a feeling it was about 1080, although I'm not sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1080 huh. Thats coincidentally close, but just a little more than Wallace icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

No idea, all the threads containing the details have been deleted now. I have a feeling it was about 1080, although I'm not sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1080 huh. Thats coincidentally close, but just a little more than Wallace icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just a challenge to find proof icon_biggrin.gif

1080 huh. Thats coincidentally close, but just a little more than Wallace icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just a challenge to find proof icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take it as you will.....

That's just a challenge to find proof icon_biggrin.gif

Take it as you will..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't find it anywhere, both the Pele challenge thread and the FM2006 records threads have been deleted now. This is the best proof I can find, although he played until he was 38, I have a feeling he reached 1089 goals.

ly

That archive shows 20 seasons. So he would have only had 2 more seasons.

1000 Total goals, less 178 international leaves 822 club goals. Which means to hit close to what Wallace achieved, he would have had to have 2 amazing seasons...... (or am I wrong. Maybe I am. icon_frown.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ly

1000 Total goals, less 178 international leaves 822 club goals. Which means to hit close to what Wallace achieved, he would have had to have 2 amazing seasons...... (or am I wrong. Maybe I am. icon_frown.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those screenshots didn't include the Club World Championship goals he scored, which I think were added on later. I'm pretty certain the final total was 1089, which included his international goals but didn't include the few goals he scored for Forest before he moved.

Half Way(ish) Season Review

I was meaning to do a season review at the half way stage but got a bit carried away last night and played past it.

Results

As predicted in pre season, I'm playing some exciting football involving lots of goals, currently played 32 scored 76 conceded 60.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The league has been pretty exciting with results ranging from a couple of 4-0 defeats to a 4-4 to a 5-0 league win. After winning my first two games I hit a run of poor form and it looked like I would be in for a relegation battle, but things have picked up and I'm in with an outside chance of making the playoffs.

The cup run was short, losing in the FA Cup to Histon who I beat on the opening day of the season. I'm still in the FA Trophy and Setanta Shield, so there's still a chance of silverware this season.

Squad

I didn't really like the look of the existing squad, so I went about trying to rebuild it.

Squad

Transfers

The Arsenal loans are almost all short term, brought in to give my season a bit of a boost. As soon as they leave I imagine my form will dip again.

Olly Kenney

He's been far too good. Normally, in my own game I wouldn't have taken a loan like this but since the previous manager brought him in, I've carried it on.

Misc

Finances

The finances seem to be pretty healthy, although I'm worried that might all be wiped out by the high league bonus I've offered.

Affiliated Clubs

We didn't have any feeder clubs and I've somehow managed to bring in three so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ly

1000 Total goals, less 178 international leaves 822 club goals. Which means to hit close to what Wallace achieved, he would have had to have 2 amazing seasons...... (or am I wrong. Maybe I am. icon_frown.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those screenshots didn't include the Club World Championship goals he scored, which I think were added on later. I'm pretty certain the final total was 1089, which included his international goals but didn't include the few goals he scored for Forest before he moved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif fair enough.

Legends FC - Season 2008/09 Review - Blue Square Premier

After their promotion last season, I had the tough job of taking the club into the new league. My aim was simple, try to stay in the league and try to make sure the next manager has a bit of help in getting them promoted next season.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

Had a tough start, but soon settled down. Absolutely delighted to snatch a playoff spot late on, going in as the form team I should stand a pretty good chance.

Squad

Transfers

The Arsenal loans are something I wouldn't usually do, but since there were some at the club last season I assumed it was ok to keep them. With an average age of 19, there should be plenty more to come from this group of players.

Star Player

He was just too good, so good that he really shouldn't be coming on loan to a club like us.

The next few weeks should be interesting, we have the playoff semi finals sandwiched either side of the trip to Wembley for the FA Trophy final, updates will follow.

Archived