Unbelievable! Still not fixed!!! (Refers to 11.2)

OP, what nationality are you in the game? I know it shouldn't matter but i've seen this on various FM's where regardless of your rep and what you have won, it can be very difficult to get jobs in certain leagues if you have a certain nationality.

We shouldn't write off the whole game as impossible to move jobs full stop as there could be more to it... Fair enough if you are world class nationality shouldn't matter, but i've seen this happen in previous games...

I was Scottish, with English as the second nationality. I thought that may explain the foreign teams not wanting to take a chance on me, but for Stoke etc it is really no excuse.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I don't get this problem? I play with patch 11.1 and I have played two career games so far.

Game 1:

Started unemployed

FC Køln

Blackburn

Lorient

Game 2:

FC Nordsjælland

Standard Liege

Hoffenheim

Liverpool (I quit from Hoffenheim, then told Liverpool I was interested if Benitez got fired, then they fired him and asked me)

(I start with "auto" reputation)

Forgive my ignorance but are Hoffenheim and FC Koln in Germany? If so then perhaps you have not had a problem because the German league has a much greater reputation than the Scottish. Still doesn't explain why it should affect the manager's own rep.

Has anybody tried building there rep up in the premiership with a mid table club? I'm asking because I want to take over Birmingham, win some stuff, maybe even the title and move onto bigger clubs. Think I'll have any issues?

I hope sarcasm was used in this thread, waiting ages for a job isnt game breaking, still very playable, stop sooking over it. Sure its dissapointing but it doesnt ruin teh game totally

It does completely ruin a game and in my opinion it is game breaking. Being unemployed for years is game breaking. Pretty straight forward to understand I would have thought.

Has anybody tried building there rep up in the premiership with a mid table club? I'm asking because I want to take over Birmingham, win some stuff, maybe even the title and move onto bigger clubs. Think I'll have any issues?

Probably not. Celtic and Rangers in my game are have very insecure managers atm in my game. I declared an interest and the chairmen made the right noises about considering me. I think once you have success in a country you have no issues in that country. Also being in England helps due to their national rep. Seems to be when success is had by managers in leagues of a lesser stature.

I really can not see why people are arguing against the OP here.

Managers like MoN,Smith and McLeish moved to Premiership teams and they were managing either the Old Firm teams or defeated but proud Scotland teams.

OP is managing Hibs winning everything on a domestic level but also in Europe and also won the EU Championship with Scotland....lets keep it real here...this guy if it was in real life(what a sim should be)would have has choice of jobs in top leagues all over the world,he would be on his 3rd or 4th door by now with people knocking on it.

Yup yup. I would be the new Mourinho ;) Oh yeah baby!

I'm having a similar problem.

Started unemployed with Sunday league rep and eventually took over at Winners Park in the South African 2nd division. After 10 years I'd won the league 3 times in a row, won numerous domestic cups and finally the African Champions League.

I quit and moved to Shandong in China. I've just completed my 3rd season, winning the league and cup double in all 3 years, the Asian CL in my 2nd year and I came runner up in my final year.

On the international front, I came runner-up in the Nations Cup with the Cook Islands in 2016, and most notably won the World Cup with Croatia in 2022.

My rep is 'World Class', my description is 'Legendary Manager', yet in my final year with Shandong I have been applying for any and all jobs in Mexico and I'm being overlooked by mid-table sides in favour of people like Nikola Zigic who has no managerial experience whatsoever. I even got rejected by a Mexican 2nd division side!

I posted this in another thread but will also post it here:

I started in Brazil with Cruziero with Italian nationality and automatic past experience. In my first season won the Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League) but was sacked after just 10 games of the league season after a few loses (very cut throat in Brazil).

Since then i have been offered the Swansea and Leicester jobs in the Championship, a second division Mexican side, a Serie A Brazil side, the Catania job in Serie B Italy and FC Utrecht from the Dutch Eredivise (top league). I finally settled for the Pumas job in the Mexican top league and all these job offers were in the space of 4 months of my sacking. I had just one competition win to my name and only 7 months of being a manager, so deffo possible to get new jobs based on this.

I might add all of these jobs were offered to me, i didn't apply for any of them.

It sounds like the experience of the CL helped your case for job offers from Italy and France. Can't really see any other reason why you would get the offers and I wouldnt. Certainly be interested in how your new game turns out.

you never got offers because of the league rep o scotland i would think if you returned to scotland and won the champions league then englisdh teams would go for you.

What does automatic actually mean? Is that then based on your country of origin largely? I played a FM10 game where one of us chose automatic/Wolfsburg and the entire time players were whining OH NO MY MANAGER IS TOO LOW-PROFILE. So to me, automatic was broken in FM10. Is it less broken now?

And yeah, we're all waiting for the OP to tell us his past experience setting and most importantly his nationalities.

I believe that automatic is supposed to set your reputation so that it is as low as possible while still allowing you to get a job in a league that is loaded in your database. It didn't really work that way last year, but this year I thought they had fixed that.

The fact that managers can have "world class" reputations while still finding it hard to get jobs in (as mentioned) mexican second division sides, makes me think that this is not a reputation issue, or the game not realizing that you've accomplished great things. The game does recognize it, but it seems that clubs place far too much weight on things like nationality. Or perhaps (and i have NO idea if this is true), you have a ton of local reputations and you've only raised specific ones, like in scotland, or china or whever, not where you are applying for a job?

What I do not understand is at the start of the game I set up I was an English manager and could get a job at Hereford in league two. I went to manage in New Zealand and although it is an extremely poor league reputation wise I won the league 4 times the O-League 3 times and had really good performances in the Club World Cup all these things made my reputation go from regional to continental over the seasons. Now I cannot get a job at teams in the BSP the league underneath league two where I could get employed at the start. I was running my game based on FM10 where I moved through the following countries in this order New Zealand, Australia, Mexico, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, England, South Africa and then Egypt.

My journeyman save is unplayable as I cannot leave New Zealand.

So far, only bearsy has given me a save to look at. It's all well and good saying you're unhappy with this issue or that issue, but there's so much conflicting information here it becomes difficult to nail the issue and improve things for you.

Please, post about your issues in the bugs thread and upload your saves to the FTP so this can get looked at.

Thanks.

I PMed Neil Brock and he said this issue is being looked into I uploaded my save as Acidburn.fm a couple of weeks a go. Tomorrow I can upload my save that now has continental rep yet cannot get a job anywhere if that would be any help.

you never got offers because of the league rep o scotland i would think if you returned to scotland and won the champions league then englisdh teams would go for you.

Oh for goodness sake. So to get a job in England I should win the CL with a Scottish team?? Please. I won the Euro Cup with Hibs. The European Championship with Scotland, never mind the numerous league titles and domestic cups. Martin O'Neil didnt even achieve that during his time in Scotland and he went into the villa job.

In my game managers of far FAR lesser reputation than my world class are appointed jobs ahead of me. That is a bug. How anyone can say it is not is beyond me.

Oh for goodness sake. So to get a job in England I should win the CL with a Scottish team?? Please. I won the Euro Cup with Hibs. The European Championship with Scotland, never mind the numerous league titles and domestic cups. Martin O'Neil didnt even achieve that during his time in Scotland and he went into the villa job.

In my game managers of far FAR lesser reputation than my world class are appointed jobs ahead of me. That is a bug. How anyone can say it is not is beyond me.

well because you've never managed in england and martin o'neil was in reallife this is a game so your point is what. i'm not saying its not a bug the bug is that they seem to favour managers over a world class ones thats nit managed in there country.

well because you've never managed in england and martin o'neil was in reallife this is a game so your point is what. i'm not saying its not a bug the bug is that they seem to favour managers over a world class ones thats nit managed in there country.

Stop embarrassing yourself mate, seriously xD Clearly a bug for the OP.

Re: Dave Byrd:

Cruzeiro in Brazil is actually starting in a decent job. For example, you can't start unemployed and get even a 2nd division Brazil job with a semi-pro rep. What needs to be checked is whether the problem Grozny is having (starting in South Africa and winning everything possible etc. but the achievements aren't being recognised.)

I started Serie A and won CL and Serie A 2nd season. I'm now linked to high profile jobs and even got offered ManU job. So atleast sometimes achievements are recognized. I didnt start unemployed though and not in an obscure league.

My point is that the game is supposed to be a simulation of real life football management and in real life Martin O'Neill got a top ish job in the EPL, yet I cant despite having far more success than he did. I'd have thought my point was pretty obvious.

I sure hope you, Grozny and AcidBurn can upload enough savegames and provide other helpful input in a bug thread so that this can be fixed in 11.3.

I have posted in the bugs forum and uploaded my save game as well. Hoipefully this can be fixed as it ruined one of my saves so much I have given up and started another one club game.

OK, I started a game unemployed with a semi-pro reputation, I turned down a few lower league English job offers to take the job at African Warriors.

After finishing 5th (which was the expectation) and turning down a contract extension, I resigned from the club with better managerial stats than I began with. Yet, despite having more managerial experience etc., I now cannot get the type of job I could get at the start of the previous season.

I'm currently on holiday applying for every job in South Africa, Italy, Brazil, Germany, England and Spain. Nothing is coming up.

The game is already uploaded to the FTP as weirdjoboffer.fm which was about another bug, but it covers this too.

So yes, basically if you're starting in a lower rep league, you're screwed as you actually lose reputation.

I have the same problem ! But i've realised if you chose your nationality English, Spanish, or one of the big leagues and your past carrer is a former international you can get a preety good job. But because i am romanian, i chose romenia, so, after wining the UEFA Cup two times in a row, and some domestic cup in Romenia, basicaly in those two years i won everithing that you could win, National and International, two years after i even managed to win the world cup. So after getting tired of managing always the same team i applied for jobs, first wore teams like Manchester United, Sevilla, no one accepted me, i even applied for Torino, and they just say that will think about it. I resigned as the manager of my former club and and even like that i could find jobs only in Romenia, how stupid is that. =(

I have the same problem ! But i've realised if you chose your nationality English, Spanish, or one of the big leagues and your past carrer is a former international you can get a preety good job. But because i am romanian, i chose romenia, so, after wining the UEFA Cup two times in a row, and some domestic cup in Romenia, basicaly in those two years i won everithing that you could win, National and International, two years after i even managed to win the world cup. So after getting tired of managing always the same team i applied for jobs, first wore teams like Manchester United, Sevilla, no one accepted me, i even applied for Torino, and they just say that will think about it. I resigned as the manager of my former club and and even like that i could find jobs only in Romenia, how stupid is that. =(

I'm English on the game, so nationality has little effect. The problem will have been the Romanian league itself, which is low rep.

Damn. So what really mathers on this game is the league reputation, basically your achievements don't mean anything. By starting unnenployed i managed to get a job at Hereford, i think that's the name, but if i start the game at a Romenian club, and then apply for Hereford they won't accept me, witch it's simply stupid. :|

OK, I started a game unemployed with a semi-pro reputation, I turned down a few lower league English job offers to take the job at African Warriors.

After finishing 5th (which was the expectation) and turning down a contract extension, I resigned from the club with better managerial stats than I began with. Yet, despite having more managerial experience etc., I now cannot get the type of job I could get at the start of the previous season.

I'm currently on holiday applying for every job in South Africa, Italy, Brazil, Germany, England and Spain. Nothing is coming up.

The game is already uploaded to the FTP as weirdjoboffer.fm which was about another bug, but it covers this too.

So yes, basically if you're starting in a lower rep league, you're screwed as you actually lose reputation.

That would explain it I am not sure how reputation works but I downloaded a scouting tool to check the progress of my reputation. There was current rep, home rep and world rep all three got higher and higher as I won things in New Zealand. I am guessing the game might see the rep different to the scouting tool as although it went up from regional to continental I could not get a job in BSP let alone the Hereford which I could get at the start of the game.

Guys, I followed this threat and other similar ones with interest as I usually play career games but I have a problem with the complete OPPOSITE effect.

Started career game (North & South American leagues) unemployed. When creating my profile the 'Sunday League footballer' setting was unselectable so I chose 'Semi-Pro'. I then got a job with a Second Division club in Colombia BUT on accepting it, my reputation immediately went to 'Continental'.

Don't know why I couldn't select 'Sunday League Footballer' to start or it's the rep is changing instantly when I take over a club. I also tried this with 'automatic' rep and had the same affect.

*Uploaded 'Colombia' game save to ftp. Please take a look.

Damn. So what really mathers on this game is the league reputation, basically your achievements don't mean anything. By starting unnenployed i managed to get a job at Hereford, i think that's the name, but if i start the game at a Romenian club, and then apply for Hereford they won't accept me, witch it's simply stupid. :|

That's exactly what happens no matter what you do - you can get that available Hereford job when you start but one year later, seemingly no matter how well you do in South Africa/Romania/New Zealand or any other small league, you're suddenly not good enough for Hereford or the equivalent.

I managed to get a job at the club that just entered the South African 2nd division (the regen club with no manager or staff etc.), but I've got a very distinct feeling that because I started managing in South Africa that this was literally the ONLY job in the game I could have got.

If I resign again at the end of this season, if I win the league, I can pretty much guarantee the only job I'll be able to successfully apply for will be the team that enters the 2nd division again.

If anyone from SI wants to test the weirdjoboffer.fm and see if they can get a job other than at Maritzburg City in South Africa be my guest xD

This really needs a hotfix to be honest as it is a game killer.

hmm.. I've just jumped from regional to national after starting unemployed then taking a job at a part-time club in Indonesia (Hereford told me to do one...)

they do have a national reputation though so, I assume I am nationally recognised in Indonesia now (but in Ireland/the UK I'd probably be lucky to be local?)

The regional at the beginning is a bit confusing though...

hmm.. I've just jumped from regional to national after starting unemployed then taking a job at a part-time club in Indonesia (Hereford told me to do one...)

they do have a national reputation though so, I assume I am nationally recognised in Indonesia now (but in Ireland/the UK I'd probably be lucky to be local?)

The regional at the beginning is a bit confusing though...

Weird. There probably is a link between the odd managerial reputations and the difficulty in moving leagues as a manager.

The bigger problem is that you're now stuck in Indonesia for life ^^

Weird. There probably is a link between the odd managerial reputations and the difficulty in moving leagues as a manager.

The bigger problem is that you're now stuck in Indonesia for life ^^

and I can't sign any staff...

got lucky with an Ass Man but that's it, no scouts, no coaches, nothing... even the very worst want at least double what the board will let me pay...

I'm screwed :(

Stop embarrassing yourself mate, seriously xD Clearly a bug for the OP.

Re: Dave Byrd:

Cruzeiro in Brazil is actually starting in a decent job. For example, you can't start unemployed and get even a 2nd division Brazil job with a semi-pro rep. What needs to be checked is whether the problem Grozny is having (starting in South Africa and winning everything possible etc. but the achievements aren't being recognised.)

what i'm making the point ok thats the reason i never said its not a bug the bug is that being in a smaller league not in england means its harder to get a prem job.

what i'm making the point ok thats the reason i never said its not a bug the bug is that being in a smaller league not in england means its harder to get a prem job.

There's literally dozens of examples of managers getting a job in the English Premier League off the back of success in other leagues, and not just big leagues. To name a few..

Christian Gross - Switzerland (Grasshoppers Zurich) to England (Tottenham)

Arsene Wenger - Japan (Grampus Eight) to England (Arsenal)

Roy Hodgson - All over the place (U.A.E, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy) to England (Fulham, Blackburn, Liverpool)

I don't get what your point is basically! It's actually harder to be an Englishman and get a Premier League job as a manager!

• Administrators

Cheers AcidBurn - yes, people please post in that thread with your save games uploaded to the FTP and they'll be looked at. Thanks. :thup:

• Administrators
There's literally dozens of examples of managers getting a job in the English Premier League off the back of success in other leagues, and not just big leagues. To name a few..

Roy Hodgson - All over the place (U.A.E, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy) to England (Fulham, Blackburn, Liverpool)

I don't get what your point is basically! It's actually harder to be an Englishman and get a Premier League job as a manager!

That's a bit of a flawed argument, Wenger was appointed mainly for his amazing success at Monaco (not exactly in a small league) where he managed players like Weah to great success. Gross was seen as a reaction to that appointment, but Sugar got it totally wrong and Hodgson managed amazing well in Switzerland, but it was only after success with the national team (where he led them to 3rd in the admittedly flawed world rankings) that he got worldwide recognition and was appointed by Inter.

But yeah as said, upload a save and we'll take a look. Thanks.

I'm having a similar problem.

Started unemployed with Sunday league rep and eventually took over at Winners Park in the South African 2nd division. After 10 years I'd won the league 3 times in a row, won numerous domestic cups and finally the African Champions League.

I quit and moved to Shandong in China. I've just completed my 3rd season, winning the league and cup double in all 3 years, the Asian CL in my 2nd year and I came runner up in my final year.

On the international front, I came runner-up in the Nations Cup with the Cook Islands in 2016, and most notably won the World Cup with Croatia in 2022.

My rep is 'World Class', my description is 'Legendary Manager', yet in my final year with Shandong I have been applying for any and all jobs in Mexico and I'm being overlooked by mid-table sides in favour of people like Nikola Zigic who has no managerial experience whatsoever. I even got rejected by a Mexican 2nd division side!

Just as a quick update to this (I don't check these forums every day so haven't uploaded a save, sorry!) After leaving Shandong, I holidayed while applying for all jobs, the only offers I got were with rubbish South African teams and a 2nd division Turkish side. After 4 months I got a job with Montevideo Wanderers, predicted to finish 9th in Uruguay. After a year the Club América job came up and I was linked as the favourite (the first time I've ever been mentioned as a candidate for another job, I'm currently in 2025), so I released a statement saying I would be interested and they offered me the job, which I start at the end of the Uruguayan season.

Interestingly, América rejected me when I was a free agent after I left Shandong, but wanted to poach me when I was under contract at Wanderers (despite me not winning anything new), and are now being forced to pay £325k in compensation.

If you still want me to upload my save let me know :thup:

this means the player carrer will end after sacked or resigned

Yes, unless you want to stick to the same country all the time.

Just as a quick update to this (I don't check these forums every day so haven't uploaded a save, sorry!) After leaving Shandong, I holidayed while applying for all jobs, the only offers I got were with rubbish South African teams and a 2nd division Turkish side. After 4 months I got a job with Montevideo Wanderers, predicted to finish 9th in Uruguay. After a year the Club América job came up and I was linked as the favourite (the first time I've ever been mentioned as a candidate for another job, I'm currently in 2025), so I released a statement saying I would be interested and they offered me the job, which I start at the end of the Uruguayan season.

Interestingly, América rejected me when I was a free agent after I left Shandong, but wanted to poach me when I was under contract at Wanderers (despite me not winning anything new), and are now being forced to pay £325k in compensation.

So you still managed to move to another continent, how many leagues did you have loaded?

Well I must admit I am encouraged by the fact that it was not just me suffering from the issue, and also the fact that SI have seen the thread and have said they would look at the uploads. :)

Good news for all of us, it means on the third patch I can hopefully start the type of save that was the reason I bought FM11.

That's a bit of a flawed argument, Wenger was appointed mainly for his amazing success at Monaco (not exactly in a small league) where he managed players like Weah to great success. Gross was seen as a reaction to that appointment, but Sugar got it totally wrong and Hodgson managed amazing well in Switzerland, but it was only after success with the national team (where he led them to 3rd in the admittedly flawed world rankings) that he got worldwide recognition and was appointed by Inter.

Grabbing at straws much?

All those managers were very much under the radar when it came to English clubs,no-one seen Wenger coming to Arsenal.

Since the topic is about managers doing well in other leagues and then coming to a "higher" league how about SAF,he did well in Scotland and is now,and for the last what seems 50 years the manager of the biggest club in the world.

As we are answering to the OP Fergie was manager of Aberdeen and for a Scottish side had good success,although if you read what the OP won Fergie does not hold a candle to what he has achieved.

Try not to be blind sided,I bet Fergie would have snapped off your arm to have the same success as the OP.

yea i know but whgere talking about a game here hence how i said its a bug meaning you should be getting prem jobs but theres a bug not letting you.

your listing of hodgen is wrong its not like he came to england after being in all they places he was at a few then had came to england and left again and it was his sucess at fulham that git him the liverpool job.

Are you joking?! That's literally what I'm saying - all the managers came from obscure yet very decent success to the Premier League.

There's literally dozens of examples of managers getting a job in the English Premier League off the back of success in other leagues, and not just big leagues.

That's the whole point - they forged success in other countries before coming to England! I'm not saying they're completely unheard of and randomly got a chance in the Premier League! xD Very harsh on Gross btw; his credentials were good, it's just the media didn't like the fact he was a bit odd ^^

your listing of hodgen is wrong its not like he came to england after being in all they places he was at a few then had came to england and left again and it was his sucess at fulham that git him the liverpool job.

He made his managerial name abroad in every single way. He had managed extensively in Scandinavia, then the Swiss national side, then Inter Milan before taking his first Premier League managerial job at Blackburn. His extensive back catalogue of European management experience landed him the job at struggling Fulham, and the rest is history - but it's all backed by his career away from the EPL.

The funny thing is that after winning the dutch 4th tier there have been newsitems linking me to several dutch 2nd and 3rd tier posts where the current managers were under fire, which seemed logical. But applying to those jobs resulted in nothing but a lot of laughs. Just like the other very low rep league clubs I applied at all over europe.

Took months to get a job in english 8th tier (on holiday and applying to all available jobs) and just took it as it seemed the only option I had. At this moment I'm finishing my first season there, struggling in the bottom of the table, no hints of interest of any club what so ever (and probably rightly so considering my relegation battle at a mid-table expected club) and suddenly, while I've almost settled with the idea that a sack means end of game because of tis 'cant get a job-bug', I'm linked with a dutch 3rd tier club again in the media. Surprise surprise, there must be something going right in the rep-department, a club seems to remember my achievement of an earlier season despite my woeful season in the worthless Southern League First Division South/West. I take that as a positive.

No guarantee what so ever that this link in the media will not result in a lot of laughs once I show interest in that job though (probably will, considering my experience with applications at clubs I'm linked with in the media), and I'm not trying in fear of the boot with an end of game scenario in mind, but the fact I'm not immedeately forgotten in the country I had some success makes the whole achievements-rep-business a bit more believable to me than before. Some part of the game actally seems to do its job well (I'm recognised for my achievements by a club (or the media really) in the country I achieved them in), but it's a pity another part messes it up again (getting laughed at by that same club, not even worth a consideration for the job and jeopardising my current job).

A bit off topic, but I feel you should be able to show interest in another job (or inform about your chances) without the media jumping on it resulting in a chance your current club will sack you for lack of loyalty. Same goes for interest in players btw. I think that in real life a lot of phoning about is done, concerning players and jobs, without the media knowing about it.

• Administrators

Please do, it seems to be something worth look at alongside the other saves as well.

Grabbing at straws much?

All those managers were very much under the radar when it came to English clubs,no-one seen Wenger coming to Arsenal.

Since the topic is about managers doing well in other leagues and then coming to a "higher" league how about SAF,he did well in Scotland and is now,and for the last what seems 50 years the manager of the biggest club in the world.

As we are answering to the OP Fergie was manager of Aberdeen and for a Scottish side had good success,although if you read what the OP won Fergie does not hold a candle to what he has achieved.

Try not to be blind sided,I bet Fergie would have snapped off your arm to have the same success as the OP.

Off-topic on the thread here, but I don't think it is true that no-one had seen Wenger coming to Arsenal. Maybe from a wider public view this is true, I still remember the "Arsene Who?" headlines. Having said that, it's like as Brocky said, Wenger had significant success elsewhere, and it's been known that he was friends with David Dein as far back as 1988. You could use your argument for Sven's appointment as England manager as well (did people see that one coming?), but he had a successful record at the time of his appointment. So maybe it's not *that* surprising - just like in real life, people playing the game want to be rewarded for their success, which is why we want to look closer at people's issues at not being able to get a job elsewhere.

The funny thing is that after winning the dutch 4th tier there have been newsitems linking me to several dutch 2nd and 3rd tier posts where the current managers were under fire, which seemed logical. But applying to those jobs resulted in nothing but a lot of laughs. Just like the other very low rep league clubs I applied at all over europe.

Took months to get a job in english 8th tier (on holiday and applying to all available jobs) and just took it as it seemed the only option I had. At this moment I'm finishing my first season there, struggling in the bottom of the table, no hints of interest of any club what so ever (and probably rightly so considering my relegation battle at a mid-table expected club) and suddenly, while I've almost settled with the idea that a sack means end of game because of tis 'cant get a job-bug', I'm linked with a dutch 3rd tier club again in the media. Surprise surprise, there must be something going right in the rep-department, a club seems to remember my achievement of an earlier season despite my woeful season in the worthless Southern League First Division South/West. I take that as a positive.

No guarantee what so ever that this link in the media will not result in a lot of laughs once I show interest in that job though (probably will, considering my experience with applications at clubs I'm linked with in the media), and I'm not trying in fear of the boot with an end of game scenario in mind, but the fact I'm not immedeately forgotten in the country I had some success makes the whole achievements-rep-business a bit more believable to me than before. Some part of the game actally seems to do its job well (I'm recognised for my achievements by a club (or the media really) in the country I achieved them in), but it's a pity another part messes it up again (getting laughed at by that same club, not even worth a consideration for the job and jeopardising my current job).

A bit off topic, but I feel you should be able to show interest in another job (or inform about your chances) without the media jumping on it resulting in a chance your current club will sack you for lack of loyalty. Same goes for interest in players btw. I think that in real life a lot of phoning about is done, concerning players and jobs, without the media knowing about it.

In terms of your success in the Dutch 4th tier, I'd agree that you that its logical you should be considered for a higher job. It does seem that being 'laughed at' is a common reaction from the media, when they should perhaps be looking at it a bit differently. If you could upload your current save as well so I can have a look at that as well that would be very much appreciated.

So many complainers about this issue yet only 2 people upload a save? If you are not experiencing the issue or you are not prepared to upload a save maybe you should go elsewhere...

On the contrary homerjnick, the feedback on the issue is very much appreciated, though it is equally important that we get as many saves on this as possible (and we do encourage you to upload them to the FTP if you are experiencing problems) so we can get to the root of the problem and improve things. As Grozny stated earlier in the thread, he's been able to move around. Yet others seem to find it near-impossible. I see what your saying but it's like with anybody affected by this issue, please upload your saves for us to look at.

Thanks very much for the feedback and saves uploaded thus far :thup:

Archived