Unbelievable! Still not fixed!!! (Refers to 11.2)

I think what's missing is the sort of manager the chairman is after.

[---]

That would be rad! :D

Unfortunately it's going to take half a decade or so of half-assed/broken implementations to have it working decently...

On a sidenote, we're still sorely missing a sensible "cycle of life" of managers at a club... Barring untalented managers taking the boot due to underperforming, every ok-ish manager can have Fergusonesque runs at a club...

IMO the whole managerial dynamics must be reworked from scratch...

* Contracts need to reflect an actual project, not just "go with the flow". So an ambitious club can decide it's time for a change, or just change manager for the sake of it at the end of the current contract/season.

* Achievements must mean a lot more than they do now... Once Roberto Mancini has been sacked by City AND Chelsea, I see no valid reason for United to hire him... IRL he'd be more or less done for as a Top-flight manager, at least in England.

* Human managers who have rarely put a foot wrong shouldn't be overlooked in favour of unproven domestic schmucks... If we're able to go far in Europe with a mid-table club from Randomstan, there's no good reason for clubs in the Top Leagues to ignore you... at least not for mid-table clubs or clubs whose chairman in business-oriented.

Sadly these are very nuanced and complex dynamics, and I don't expect SI to get them right in one try... but at least the Reputation issue should have been fixed a long time ago. Not to mention the ridiculous lack of managerial mobility...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post RBKalle. Not much to add to that one.

I opt for some sort of job-interview. And if you dont make your promises in that interview true, you pay the consequences. If a club invites lets say 3 managers for an interview and your answers correspond most to the ambitions of a club you're the man. A club can go for quick success, or maybe look for a less ambitious stable management that lasts for years. But saying that, there must be some way in the game that clubs ambitions are stored. I doubt there is such a thing.

I've noticed that the new patch is out, does the problem is still in the game, did you guys been able to get a better job ? I can't play it because my laptop broke, so good bye FM for some weeks. =) lol

I think FM is a good game, but I can hardly imagine it taking these sorts of director-decisions. Would be great if it did, but it's probably just a couple of numbers (rep and such, or maybe some random lucky numbers) that make the managerial decision. Not the interests or panic of the director.

I don't think it's terribly hard, personally... Considering the board give you certain targets anyway ("Win the Premier League in 3 seasons"), this implies it's all trackable.

Ok, I have reported this bugs weeks and weeks ago in the bugs forum, but got no response. There has been numerous threads in here, yet I think I can only recall one response from SI. Yet, after installing the new patch I still cannot get a job despite having a World Class reputation and significant success.

In 3 seasons as Hibs Manager I won everything domestically, including 2 league titles and 4 domestic cups. I also won a Euro Cup, which is quite an achievement for a team of Hib's stature. I then as Scotland manager won the European Championship and quit Hibs. Took forever to get a job and that was down in the Championship with a pish poor Sheff Utd team. In my half season with them I got them promoted through the playoffs and then decided to apply for other jobs. Each and every one I was laughed at, or not even considered in with a chance of getting. I decided that a career game was pretty much pointless, as me having a World class reputation did me no favours when clubs like Newcastle were appointing nobodies from League 1 rather than me.

I decided to wait for the patch after reporting the issue, along with MANY others. To my delight I saw that the patch was available yesterday, I installed it and loaded up my old Hibs game. I quit as Sheff Utd and declared my interest in some struggling clubs in the English Prem, Serie A and La Liga. I get told that I was not even in consideration. Lets be clear here... I am not talking about the likes of Sevilla or Liverpool struggling. I am talking about Bologna and Stoke. Nothing has changed!

What is the point of starting up a career game in a country with a lower reputation with the aim of working your way up like Mourinho when you cannot even get a proper job after some superb success? What is the point of having a 'World Class' reputation when clubs appoint people with national reputations, or that you get laughed at by chairmen from 'little' clubs for declaring an interest?

The game is now in my opinion pointless and unplayable, unless I start off with Real Madrid or the like. Seriously disappointed SI.

I took over bolton midway through the season, made a load of changes and ultimately got relegated on the last day of the season, got promoted as champions first time of asking and midway through the season both wolfsburg and FC Twente offered me jobs, despite not really achieving anything and having professional rep, so it is possible to get job offers from decent clubs.

I took over bolton midway through the season, made a load of changes and ultimately got relegated on the last day of the season, got promoted as champions first time of asking and midway through the season both wolfsburg and FC Twente offered me jobs, despite not really achieving anything and having professional rep, so it is possible to get job offers from decent clubs.

It is generally possible, but only when they offer. When I had worldwide reputation at Shakhtar, both Milan and Inter were sniffing around and Inter even offered me a job. But when I declare interest or apply, I get laughed at by both clubs in addition to others with much smaller reputations.

On 11.2 I started at Auckland City with a semi-pro rep I won the OFC Champions League 4 times and the domestic league 4 times along with a semi-final appearance in the World Club Championships. Despite this I could not get a job even in the BSP. I start on 11.3 and only won one domestic title and one OFC Champions League with Auckland City and I started with the same rep as before. I can get a job in the BSP which I could not on 11.2 so there must be some differences.

Not sure how much has changed at the top level but this is making a difference to my current game.

It seems it is changed. With a worldwide rep, I declared interest in jobs at Roma and Fiorentina who previously laughed off my interest. Now the press said I was the ideal candidate for the job and their respective boards said that they would seriously consider me if they sack their current managers.

Their was two jobs available, Arsenal and Juventus, I applied for both. Arsenal didn't hire me, but they hired Shearer, who had contintental reputation and was English, so that's okay in my book (I also didn't speak English) and Juventus offered me the job just a few days after.

At least for me, this is fixed in 11.3. You can have a long-term save now!

Things have definately changed in this aspect, before the patch i had only recieved 3 job offers in 9 seasons, one from a badly struggling newcastle who are lucky still to be in the championship, and two from Russia, since the patch i have turned down the Man City job, the Spurs job, the England job (who went and got Xavi instead!!!) and am heavily linked with the Barca and Inter jobs, all in the space of 6 months. This is whilst managing Aberdeen and winning 1 Euro cup and several leagues over 10 seasons.

Archived