[iPhone] Requests for Items to be included in the next update

As mentioned previously the only thing alot of us would like to see (especially those who have some form of Youth Policy) is the option to Loan / Transfer etc directly from the Reserves. It is such a hassle having to promote, list, offer, demote.

Is there alot of coding involved to get this implemented?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually suggested this and agree it is not ideal to have to promote a player just to transfer list him or offer him out. Hopefully at some point in the future this could be implemented, although bare in mind there are some issues that don't have any way round them at all that might take more of a priority.

Feel free to report any similar issues.

Marc can I suggest these please???

1) A newer fresher skin, not just last years skin with a lighter shade of blue. Maybe a dark skin and a light skin.

2) Ability to delete saves on FMHi itself

3) Customise formations

4) Player runs in formations

5) Kits? I mean not major high detail kits but like basic designs like dec's first FMHKits. On the Club Info screen an option to go from Club Info> view> kits?

6) More press

A great addition would be to see a little bit of background information when you are choosing a club. (ex. media prediction, staff, key players, etc.) Would be nice to know if you have very little knowledge of a certain league.

Hi manager2010,

You'll be pleased to know this one is in our list.

I have to start by saying that the game is great and the option to manage across countries is a fantastic addition. I have a problem though - i have been managing Sydney FC in the A-League for 3 seasons. I have won the league and the finals series each season, I have won the Asian Champions League twice and the World Club Championship once (beating AC Milan in the final), yet I cannot get a job in Europe. The problem seems to be that jobs managing teams from the lower leagues in, say, England do not appear. Only teams in the top divisions are ever without managers. I am playing with Australia, England, Italy and Spain as active leagues.

Should jobs in the lower leagues become available? It doesn’t seem likely that I will be able to advance my career if I begin in the A-league.

Irks me that my reputation has gone from world class to national in less than 2 seasons after moving from Liverpool to Cheltenham.

I'm still winning everything I can, and am 7-2 in league 1 after winning the BSP my first year.

I have to start by saying that the game is great and the option to manage across countries is a fantastic addition. I have a problem though - i have been managing Sydney FC in the A-League for 3 seasons. I have won the league and the finals series each season, I have won the Asian Champions League twice and the World Club Championship once (beating AC Milan in the final), yet I cannot get a job in Europe. The problem seems to be that jobs managing teams from the lower leagues in, say, England do not appear. Only teams in the top divisions are ever without managers. I am playing with Australia, England, Italy and Spain as active leagues.

Should jobs in the lower leagues become available? It doesn’t seem likely that I will be able to advance my career if I begin in the A-league.

Any leagues run in the background (the second section of leagues chosen), will only have the top division active. This means that only clubs from the Premier Division would be manageable with England as a background league, for example. It's most likely that a club just promoted to one of the background leagues would offer you the job so make sure you apply for that sort of club. They will usually be vacant in mid-June.

Without changing the game entirely I'd like to see the following:

(1) Viewing options. On squad lists or search list results, being able to view by attacking or defending attributes. This is particularly clumsy on search results which cover say 8 pages. You have to manually check every player to see if they are exactly what you want, once they've met the basic search criteria.

(2) Player searches. As above but also, be able to pick multiple criteria at once, not laborious pick one, confirm, tap to add another, pick it, confirm it etc. Also, I'm astonished that if you want to alter a search criteria from say 15-20, to 14-20 to pick up more results, you have to delete that filter and then add a new one with 14-20. With a proper search screen it should be a one-tap process to change any of the selected criteria. Use a vertical scrolling screen! The format smacks of one inherited from the PSP.

(3) On your home screen you can change the squad view to team selection. That's what i have it on as a default. However, see point 1 again, which is handy if applying for other jobs. Also, when it's time to play your next game, you will always check your tactics and formations because there might have been injuries or players coming back. You can change the squad around at the team selection page, but to check the tactics you have to tap for main screen, tap club, tap tactics, adjust these and then tap the corner gadget and finally select player tactical roles or back to formation. This is really messy. Also, there are time when having changed player roles, instead of applying it, you have to tap back to see the confirm button. So what I would like to see is that tactics being closer integrated to the formations when viewing the first team. So, you could change the formation and then there's a button on screen to change to tactics, not the trawl across the menus.

(4) The pressing option applies as a team function, but as I don't know how you've programmed this to work, I'd like to see it on a player basis, so that the centre midfield could press but the wingers were allowed free reign. Or the rest of the team could press but the strikers didn't. I don't know if individual player roles over-ride the pressing function or not. They don't seem to, hence this request.

(5) Better media interaction - because there isn't any - and also more rewards. By rewards i mean that when my team wins the leage, i don't just want a repetitive message that gets used for all competition wins across the board, I want displays showing newspaper headlines, I want pictures of crowds celebrating, i want job offers from other teams, i want my players commenting on how great it is, I want media interviews where you can bask in the glory, I want a TROPHY CABINET! This is not hard to do and how much overhead do some JPEGs of trophies actually amount to. Just make them generic so you don't have to licence the images. One for a league, main cup, secondary cup, main european cup etc.

(6) Which leads me to this. The look and feel of the game is so retro I feel like partying like it's 1999 all over again. I would like pictures of the manager’s office, the training ground, the stadium, the new conferences etc. It all elevates the game from the numbers involved and provides a more rounded experience. Now I know there are memory issues, but 4th Gen iPod, iPHone 4 and iPad all have double the memory of the earlier generations so perhaps it could be an option for them and not for older devices with less memory. Or, have it as an option - single league plus graphics or multi-league, no graphics. I would rather have some interesting displays than run five leagues at once. Other people wouldn't so hence the option. Even if you can't make it look more appealing that way, then please have a designer look at your icons, colour schemes and fonts because they are grim. Look at CM2011. Yes, the game engine is pants, but even with a basic (ie non-photo based) interface it looks far cleaner and modern than FM2011. I'm really not impressed by reading disparate news and report sources from the board, players, media, scouts etc, all in the same dire font, colour and style.

(7) Sounds. I have them turn on however the only sound i get is one for tapping on things. Surely this could be an option for more-memory devices without losing the bottom end of the iDevice market. Chanting from the home crowd, cheers for home goals, smaller cheers for the away team, boos from the home crowd. At the moment it's like playing football in a graveyard. An away win in the San Siro should be a triumph, not a footnote.

Basically, I'd like the game interface tweaks mentioned, better presentation and for it to be more rewarding for the player. I'd be happy to pay £9.99 if I got all the above, though I doubt the moaners on iTunes would.

On one of the scout report screens it says like "X is not considered one of the better defender's on the team" with that apostrophe in whatever position, defender midfielder etc. It's just a plural, not possessive of anything, it shouldn't have an apostrophe.

:)

• SI Staff

With regards to feedback in this list please bear in mind it will take a while to implement and I can't promise they'll all sneak into updates:

(1) Viewing options. On squad lists or search list results, being able to view by attacking or defending attributes. This is particularly clumsy on search results which cover say 8 pages. You have to manually check every player to see if they are exactly what you want, once they've met the basic search criteria.

Ok noted.

(2) Player searches. As above but also, be able to pick multiple criteria at once, not laborious pick one, confirm, tap to add another, pick it, confirm it etc. Also, I'm astonished that if you want to alter a search criteria from say 15-20, to 14-20 to pick up more results, you have to delete that filter and then add a new one with 14-20. With a proper search screen it should be a one-tap process to change any of the selected criteria. Use a vertical scrolling screen! The format smacks of one inherited from the PSP.

Its not 'inherited' - it was bloody horrible scrolling a little with potentially 5000 items in it if you were looking for item 243 .... either you had to 'rev' like mad to scroll quickly through a list or you found you skipped past where you wanted to get to.

(with regards to the other filter requests - that makes sense)

(3) On your home screen you can change the squad view to team selection. That's what i have it on as a default. However, see point 1 again, which is handy if applying for other jobs. Also, when it's time to play your next game, you will always check your tactics and formations because there might have been injuries or players coming back. You can change the squad around at the team selection page, but to check the tactics you have to tap for main screen, tap club, tap tactics, adjust these and then tap the corner gadget and finally select player tactical roles or back to formation. This is really messy. Also, there are time when having changed player roles, instead of applying it, you have to tap back to see the confirm button. So what I would like to see is that tactics being closer integrated to the formations when viewing the first team. So, you could change the formation and then there's a button on screen to change to tactics, not the trawl across the menus.

This is an area I'm planning to look at.

(4) The pressing option applies as a team function, but as I don't know how you've programmed this to work, I'd like to see it on a player basis, so that the centre midfield could press but the wingers were allowed free reign. Or the rest of the team could press but the strikers didn't. I don't know if individual player roles over-ride the pressing function or not. They don't seem to, hence this request.

Ok noted - its a 'balancing' act tbh as I don't want to encumber the game with 'too many' options that it becomes tedious for the less intensive players to enjoy it.

(5) Better media interaction - because there isn't any - and also more rewards. By rewards i mean that when my team wins the leage, i don't just want a repetitive message that gets used for all competition wins across the board, I want displays showing newspaper headlines, I want pictures of crowds celebrating, i want job offers from other teams, i want my players commenting on how great it is, I want media interviews where you can bask in the glory, I want a TROPHY CABINET! This is not hard to do and how much overhead do some JPEGs of trophies actually amount to. Just make them generic so you don't have to licence the images. One for a league, main cup, secondary cup, main european cup etc.

Noted - please bear in mind that in the first few iterations of a game the most important thing imho is to get it 'playing' right .. after that its easier and less stressful for developers to express themselves.

(6) Which leads me to this. The look and feel of the game is so retro I feel like partying like it's 1999 all over again. I would like pictures of the manager’s office, the training ground, the stadium, the new conferences etc. It all elevates the game from the numbers involved and provides a more rounded experience. Now I know there are memory issues, but 4th Gen iPod, iPHone 4 and iPad all have double the memory of the earlier generations so perhaps it could be an option for them and not for older devices with less memory. Or, have it as an option - single league plus graphics or multi-league, no graphics. I would rather have some interesting displays than run five leagues at once. Other people wouldn't so hence the option. Even if you can't make it look more appealing that way, then please have a designer look at your icons, colour schemes and fonts because they are grim. Look at CM2011. Yes, the game engine is pants, but even with a basic (ie non-photo based) interface it looks far cleaner and modern than FM2011. I'm really not impressed by reading disparate news and report sources from the board, players, media, scouts etc, all in the same dire font, colour and style.

I disagree with your dislike of the icons and colour scheme to be honest - if you're playing on retina or ipad and have good eyesight I can see why you might not like the lack of resolution if you're particular about that sort of thing BUT I personally like having a consistent colour scheme and think Chris did a very good job on the icons etc. (its one of those things its impossible to please everyone all of the time).

(7) Sounds. I have them turn on however the only sound i get is one for tapping on things. Surely this could be an option for more-memory devices without losing the bottom end of the iDevice market. Chanting from the home crowd, cheers for home goals, smaller cheers for the away team, boos from the home crowd. At the moment it's like playing football in a graveyard. An away win in the San Siro should be a triumph, not a footnote.

One day I want to add match sounds to the game but bear in mind with only a very small team on the project its a balancing act and tbh thats the type of thing which will take a LOT of time to implement, which might be better spent on a more commonly used feature at present (as in my experience most people turn off sound in management games when playing, preferring to listen to music or whatever).

• SI Staff

The 'prior match report' bug is something I'm trying to track down - simply put its a graphical glitch because its showing the scorers from the wrong match (we store the players 'index' and the team they're on for scorers not an actual player ident), but I haven't worked out exactly why/how this happens.

Its in our bug system and we're actively trying to suss out the cause and fix it - but thanks for mentioning it.

Thanks Marc.

I also have played a whole season with the new update. As you may remember I played only with commentary and you said commentary has been tweaked. I think the commentary is certainly better, although I am still annoyed with the mandatory commentary just before a substitution (the ball basically has to go out of play twice before the sub is done). Any chance of making it more brief?

And will there be a new update with updated squads in the coming days when the transfer windows shut?

• SI Staff
I also have played a whole season with the new update. As you may remember I played only with commentary and you said commentary has been tweaked. I think the commentary is certainly better, although I am still annoyed with the mandatory commentary just before a substitution (the ball basically has to go out of play twice before the sub is done). Any chance of making it more brief?

I'll try and take a look - however its entirely possible that might not make it into the next update as I'm always rather chokka with plans for that one.

And will there be a new update with updated squads in the coming days when the transfer windows shut?

Yes there will be a database containing updated squads from the January transfer window in the next update.

photo-1.png

Another bug? It should read Aston Villa. I also checked Algerian National Team's info and Hodgson is not the manager for them!

Marc - just another rant about 2 things:

1) "Greedy" players. I find it too often that a certain type of player asks for salary rises 3-4 times a season. In my team that includes Balotelli, Adebayor and Pique. Can you make this less frequent? Also it will be good to give the manager a choice of how to handle the request for higher salary (just as we can for players asking for more first team opportunities).

2) Selling players. This is way too difficult even with top class players listed. I tried to sell Adebayor and Balotelli but no takers. I tried the trick of offering the player to other clubs for a tiny sum (<1m euros) and still no interest at all. Surely in real life they will be very popular with the big clubs?

Could we please have the ability to arrange friendlies? It’s a little frustrating having a big squad but only 2 games to give them all a run out and try out tactics

Or if its too memory intensive how about the option to just select how many friendlies you'd like to play and then that number could be automatically created?

On one of the scout report screens it says like "X is not considered one of the better defender's on the team" with that apostrophe in whatever position, defender midfielder etc. It's just a plural, not possessive of anything, it shouldn't have an apostrophe.

:)

This has been raised by QA and hopefully should be sorted out as soon as possible.

• SI Staff
So when is the update? I take it's later this week due to the transfer deadline ending tonight?

It'll take a while for us to get the database update completed based on the deadline day deals, then there will be a QA period during which the balance of the game is tested and its ensured that nothing inadvertant has occurred (incorrect transfers or competition related) - plus I'm still working on a few tweaks in the game engine .... so please be patient, we'll be as prompt as possible but we want to be sure we get things right.

• SI Staff
Is it possible to be able to watch matches in 2d in full in the next update ?

If you mean the full 90 minutes, no that isn't practical tbh - firstly there are limitations on the devices processing power (for comparison I estimate it'd take over four minutes to just process a FM PC match on an average iPod - that isn't watching it, just processing it so the match can start being viewed by a user, whenever you made a tactical change or substitution etc. you'd have a similar pause again), but secondly the game is 'aimed' at allowing people to play in 15-20 minute bursts if they want/need to and a full 90 minute match would take quite a bit longer than that to watch.

This has possibly been mentioned before. When you win something you get a message from the board. However, at the next board confidence update it's like it never happened. Okay, so I took Leeds to the European Champions Cup final and won, got a message from the board saying how pleased they were and then the next board confidence announcement a week or so later they said they were pleased with my management of the team, due largely to my management of the salary budget! Excuse me! Due largely to the against-the-odds victory in Europe i think! Yes, small point I know, but the game is about the epic wins remembered. I just think this should have lasted in their minds until the next season started.

• SI Staff
This has possibly been mentioned before. When you win something you get a message from the board. However, at the next board confidence update it's like it never happened. Okay, so I took Leeds to the European Champions Cup final and won, got a message from the board saying how pleased they were and then the next board confidence announcement a week or so later they said they were pleased with my management of the team, due largely to my management of the salary budget! Excuse me! Due largely to the against-the-odds victory in Europe i think! Yes, small point I know, but the game is about the epic wins remembered. I just think this should have lasted in their minds until the next season started.

Thats a fair enough point - I'll be honest its not something I'll be able to look at immediately for the next update (as it might involve changing the save game slightly and I'm wary of doing that on a tight timeline) but its now on the list.

is it possible to increase the amount of funds you can spend on a transfers instead of being limited to 60 million. i am in my third season with man city and winning everything but cant seem to get the superstars city can afford like messi, ronaldo, xavi, iniesta, kaka etc. sorry if this has already been mentioned on this thread.

One small thing Marc that I am sure it is easy to change.I am with Arsenal in 2022, I have won 8 Champions League titles and attendance in any of the the 8 Final games was not more than 33-34K. I am sure that you agree it is pretty small figure for CL Final and there are many stadiums in Europe with higher capacity.Thanx

• SI Staff
is it possible to increase the amount of funds you can spend on a transfers instead of being limited to 60 million. i am in my third season with man city and winning everything but cant seem to get the superstars city can afford like messi, ronaldo, xavi, iniesta, kaka etc. sorry if this has already been mentioned on this thread.

You should be able to accumulate funds through transfers or transferring wage budgets if you're careful - but I'd say a 60m budget isn't too restrictive tbh ....

When I choose my team before the game , I like to have the formation screen on the left showing the layout on the pitch, and the scroll of players on the right display the postion and thier condition. When it comes to half time or during a sub, the condition of the players is no longer there, I think replaced by a performance rating. Is there a way of having the condition on there as well as at the moment it means having to go to another page to see who is just about to drop dead on their knees and then go back to the formation page to drag and swap.

Excellent game btw, cant beleive you have bought the magic and addictivness to the phone. I actaully did a complete circle line journey on the tube cause i found the tactics that worked for my Bath team and couldnt be bothered to get off and work could wait.

• SI Staff
When I choose my team before the game , I like to have the formation screen on the left showing the layout on the pitch, and the scroll of players on the right display the postion and thier condition. When it comes to half time or during a sub, the condition of the players is no longer there, I think replaced by a performance rating. Is there a way of having the condition on there as well as at the moment it means having to go to another page to see who is just about to drop dead on their knees and then go back to the formation page to drag and swap.

If you use the 'View' button on the subs page I believe you can view the condition on that page.

Excellent game btw, cant beleive you have bought the magic and addictivness to the phone. I actaully did a complete circle line journey on the tube cause i found the tactics that worked for my Bath team and couldnt be bothered to get off and work could wait.

Heh - glad you're enjoying the game :D

It is a little restrictive if your wanting to buy the likes of the superstar players, But apart from that your right. Is it just that your not able to increase the limit because of memory or something like that on the iPhone. It would be more realistic to how the Market is right now in the beautiful game.

One small thing Marc that I am sure it is easy to change.I am with Arsenal in 2022, I have won 8 Champions League titles and attendance in any of the the 8 Final games was not more than 33-34K. I am sure that you agree it is pretty small figure for CL Final and there are many stadiums in Europe with higher capacity.Thanx

Ok it is minor, but i do expect a response

• SI Staff
Ok it is minor, but i do expect a response

Sorry I do try and reply to people as much as possible; but do please bear in mind that my job is actually making the game (posting on the forums isn't part of my job role at all 'officially' ... its just something I think helps, it allows me to help people who have issues with the games and keeps me from getting cocky about development by letting me hear about all the good and bad people feel about the games I work on).

This close to the cut off to the next update (as it includes a transfer window data update I don't want people waiting around forever for it to arrive if at all possible) I'm beavering away working on this which might mean I don't personally reply to every post made - sorry about that, but its a trade off between talking to people here and actually making the fixes requested.

With regards to the attendance bug you've indicated - its logged in our system now and I will try and take a look for the next update, however I can't guarentee it'll get an immediate fix (ie. sneak into update 2) as I don't know the cause of the issue at present or how it should be resolved, if its 'quick' then I'll sneak it in - if not then it'll likely have to wait for the next update.

Sorry again for the delay in replying.

Probably never going to happen, but my dream's to have more than 30 seasons. Essentially no limit.

Also, when playing with fake names, the players are exactly the same, just the names have been changed. So, I found Rooney, who's got the exact same stats, same price, English etc, just with a different name..

• SI Staff
Also, when playing with fake names, the players are exactly the same, just the names have been changed. So, I found Rooney, who's got the exact same stats, same price, English etc, just with a different name..

This is ALWAYS one of the problems with making a 'fake name' generator for our games - people always feel they've found the players in the game somewhere and often there will be similar players present BUT they aren't the same ones ....

I will try and further improve the randomisation of this feature, but suffice to say that the players aren't the same ones.

What the game does is take the existing players then 'mix them up' then it goes in and modifies all the abilities (CA, PA and individual abilities) and mental characteristics and (hopefully) all data which could be associated with said player. Its 'possible' in theory that a player might come out unmodified from this but it'd be blooming unlikely.

I at first thought I saw Bellamy; I mean come on! A Welsh AMF/RLC on loan at Cardiff? So I screenied his stats on two games, and although he was a loan player, Welsh and AMF/RLC, his stats were *completely* different. A similar number of red/blues/greens but all on different stats. That convinced me :)

Sorry I do try and reply to people as much as possible; but do please bear in mind that my job is actually making the game (posting on the forums isn't part of my job role at all 'officially' ... its just something I think helps, it allows me to help people who have issues with the games and keeps me from getting cocky about development by letting me hear about all the good and bad people feel about the games I work on).

This close to the cut off to the next update (as it includes a transfer window data update I don't want people waiting around forever for it to arrive if at all possible) I'm beavering away working on this which might mean I don't personally reply to every post made - sorry about that, but its a trade off between talking to people here and actually making the fixes requested.

With regards to the attendance bug you've indicated - its logged in our system now and I will try and take a look for the next update, however I can't guarentee it'll get an immediate fix (ie. sneak into update 2) as I don't know the cause of the issue at present or how it should be resolved, if its 'quick' then I'll sneak it in - if not then it'll likely have to wait for the next update.

Sorry again for the delay in replying.

Thank you Marc. I did not want to be offensive.Once again congrats for all your hard and gr8 work you have done.FM11 for Iphone is absolutely fantastic

I've decided not to buy this until a version is released that has unlimited play (i.e. no 30 season limit). I also want to see an option to have all club logos in there for the Premiership, even if we have to create them ourselves and import them.

Marc, I know this is a loooooong shot but what are the chances of releasing CM01/02 for iPhone with updated database?

• SI Staff
I've decided not to buy this until a version is released that has unlimited play (i.e. no 30 season limit). I also want to see an option to have all club logos in there for the Premiership, even if we have to create them ourselves and import them.

I'm afraid its very very unlikely that the 30 season limit will be removed, there are memory depending items which are controlled by that limit and without it the game would likely become unstable on some systems.

Club logo's are trademarked and we cannot add them into the game unless we have a league/club licence without violating those trademarks. Unfortunately EA have an exclusive deal with the Premier League in England which is why no games apart from theirs contain those logo's.

Marc, I know this is a loooooong shot but what are the chances of releasing CM01/02 for iPhone with updated database?

Errr FMHi is basically that - with some extra improvements because its been evolving a while.

I'm afraid its very very unlikely that the 30 season limit will be removed, there are memory depending items which are controlled by that limit and without it the game would likely become unstable on some systems.

Club logo's are trademarked and we cannot add them into the game unless we have a league/club licence without violating those trademarks. Unfortunately EA have an exclusive deal with the Premier League in England which is why no games apart from theirs contain those logo's.

Thanks for the reply. What I meant was maybe a future version will allow unlimited play?

Also, will it ever be possible using iphone explorer to copy replacement logos into the correct folder so Premiership badges are used?

• SI Staff
Thanks for the reply. What I meant was maybe a future version will allow unlimited play?

Its doubtful that it'll ever be 'unlimited' - I have managed to push it out to 30 seasons but how much further beyond that we can take it is debatable - perhaps one day, but it won't be with the current generation of devices (do please bear in mind I have to design the game so it can startup on fragmented devices with only 6Mb of memory available, I know if an iPhone4 is looked after and rebooted regularly it has LOTS of memory available - but few people do look after them and keep them in an optimal situation for memory usage ... me included ;) ).

Also, will it ever be possible using iphone explorer to copy replacement logos into the correct folder so Premiership badges are used?

I'm hoping to be able to continue improving the customisation of the game in the future, users can now take their save games and configuration files from their devices and swap them with friends etc.

I'm looking at potentially allowing the same for tactics and other items in the next update and do like users to be able to play the way they want to.

However obviously I'm never going to encourage people to do anything which is illegal.

One addition I'd like to see is a balance sheet for the club. It doesn't need to be too detailed, but something along the lines of what used to be in CM2 on the PC would suffice - monthly outgoings/incoming funds etc.... used to be a good feature as you could decide to release a couple of players on frees to ensure that you made say £20k profit every moth, which in turn would boost your transfer budget

Archived