[iPhone] Requests for Items to be included in the next update

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One addition I'd like to see is a balance sheet for the club. It doesn't need to be too detailed, but something along the lines of what used to be in CM2 on the PC would suffice - monthly outgoings/incoming funds etc.... used to be a good feature as you could decide to release a couple of players on frees to ensure that you made say £20k profit every moth, which in turn would boost your transfer budget

I didn't even realise this feature wasn't even included. You mean you can't see your monthly finances at all? When playing the PC version I use that to decide if I can afford a new player etc.

• SI Staff
I didn't even realise this feature wasn't even included. You mean you can't see your monthly finances at all? When playing the PC version I use that to decide if I can afford a new player etc.

irl a manager isn't bothered with the actual financial statements from the plc which employs him - he's given budgets which he has to adhere to and thats the approach which is taken with FMHi.

(thus if you're given a transfer budget then your board think its fine for you to spend it - some boards will be more 'ambitious' than others though, keep half an eye on your clubs financial state - if your board if getting carried away then you'll see it drop somewhat and then its up to you whether to shoot for the top of try and ease off spending a little to ensure the clubs long term health ..)

@Adam-T93: It's like that with me, for 3 seasons he has been moaning.

Marc,

Could it be possible to implement this feature:

Custom Team Colours

At the start of every season the manager (you) will get the option to either change the clubs home and away colours or keep them the same or let the board decide. That would be a neat feature as I tend to get bored of the same style home colours e.g. I use Bradford and their default colours are Amber and Claret, I'd like to maybe swap them around to become Claret and Amber, same with the away colours instead of boring White and Black I might want light blue and navy colour. It really does get boring seeing the same colours seasons on.

Only just read this thread in full, I am astounded by some of the criticism!! The request to launch cm 01/02 is a joke and customising team colours made me snigger too!

My nice to haves in no particular order are:

- selecting a captain team. Vice etc

- squad numbers

- reprimanding poorly disciplined players

- listing reserves with no promote to seniors

- loan to buy transfer

- player plus cash transfer

- league position history

Just nice to haves and I'll reiterate that in my opinion the game is outstanding and I still can't believe it exists and works so well on my phone!!

A season re-loads in 10 seconds... When I had my amiga 1200 I had to configure my next season over night!!!!

MARC,

Whats up with the player history? Can you make it like on PC version? Say if I loan out a player in the 2011/12 season at the beginning it will still have a record of that player being at my club on that season whereas on PC version it does not. It's not exactly a HUGE issue but it is abit annoying and untidy tbh.

• SI Staff
MARC,

Whats up with the player history? Can you make it like on PC version? Say if I loan out a player in the 2011/12 season at the beginning it will still have a record of that player being at my club on that season whereas on PC version it does not. It's not exactly a HUGE issue but it is abit annoying and untidy tbh.

I'll take a look at that for patch+1, the february patch is in QA now and I'm loathe to delay it unless something vital comes up.

• SI Staff
Marc, any chance of a few more save slots. Would be nice as I like to start a lot of careers.

The next update is in QA now so I'm afraid not in that one, I'll think about it for a future version, however do bear in mind that I'm somewhat loathe to do so simply because it encourages displaying a scrollbar which is something I try and avoid on the handheld UI whenever possible.

• SI Staff
I'd like to see a squad gelling screen. Tells us how in sync they are with formations and other players around them?

There is no 'gelling' for a formation in FMH, players are presumed to be able to play in all the standard formations and as such will play to their optimum level when you put them in one. This is simply because if I add in things like this to the game it becomes far slower and harder to play as you're never certain if a bad performance is down to the team not being good enough or whether its just them 'settling in' to a formation.

With regards to players 'gelling' into a squad - if you look on a players profile page you'll see a comment in their happiness description if they are still settling into a squad and its likely to affect their performances. I'll consider looking into a page to display this information in an easier to locate manner in the future.

Hi Mark, the one thing which I really want to see tweaked is lowering the difficulty in selling players and allowing more interest in the user's players when they are listed. I hope this has made it to this update? =)

If your not selling a particular player, remember it may come down to the fact that the player isn't good, therefore not attracting clubs.

Plus if your setting them to listed, when it ISN'T in the transfer window, i found they may not get as much attention than when you set them to transfer listed DURING the transfer window

If your not selling a particular player, remember it may come down to the fact that the player isn't good, therefore not attracting clubs.

Plus if your setting them to listed, when it ISN'T in the transfer window, i found they may not get as much attention than when you set them to transfer listed DURING the transfer window

Um, no.

1) I tried selling Adebayor, who I eventually had to pay out his contract and then he was instantly snapped up by West Ham. I also tried to sell Balotelli. I tried lowering my asking price to less than a million and even asking for a free transfer - no interest at all.

2) This happened during the summer transfer window. For Adebayor, this went on for 2 summers and I got fed up and paid him to leave.

• SI Staff

Could you indicate the salaries you had these players on before you tried to sell them please? - as that can often be a factor which dissuades otherwise interested clubs from bidding on them (simply put if the player is on a 100k/week deal then a club otherwise interested but with a salary range capped around 60k won't bother bidding because they know its pointless and would be embaressing to have the player turn them down).

Could you indicate the salaries you had these players on before you tried to sell them please? - as that can often be a factor which dissuades otherwise interested clubs from bidding on them (simply put if the player is on a 100k/week deal then a club otherwise interested but with a salary range capped around 60k won't bother bidding because they know its pointless and would be embaressing to have the player turn them down).

You could be right. Adebayor was on 160k per week and Balotelli 120k, when they demanded more money and when I refused, demanded to leave.

But then when West Ham signed Adebayor for free, they paid him 60k per week. And if the player wants to leave surely they are more likely willing to go down in pay?

• SI Staff
But then when West Ham signed Adebayor for free, they paid him 60k per week. And if the player wants to leave surely they are more likely willing to go down in pay?

Depends on the player and circumstances tbh - in the case you indicated the player was requesting more money from your club; so I think it fair enough that they weren't particularly interested in a drop in pay to move on ....

(I presume you paid off his contract when he left, so at that point he's basically made out like a bandit in addition to his new 60k/week contract - not bad pay if you can get it ;) )

I've already nagged with my wishlist but there's something else that occured to me. Often, the scout reports on your own players will say John Donkey is better than Alex Speed, whereas when you compare the stats, Donkey might be a decent player but Speed is clearly better. I've been thinking that this is either because (a) the scout is an idiot and his reports are not 100% accurate or (b) the scout is taking into consideration the hidden attributes you mentioned once before. Soooo, my request is that the hidden attributes are actually listed on screen (on a separate screen) but are blank when you first get a player or take over a club. The longer you have the player, the more of them are revealed, as you "get to know" the player over the season(s). You could have the scout report in every time a hidden attribute becomes live. That might be an arse to program so alternatively, the scout reports could include some details which directly correspond to the hidden characteristics so you have SOME idea of what they actually are.

• SI Staff
I would like to see a rating system for players.

Could you explain what you mean by this? - if you mean an 'overall rating' for a player, I'm afraid the games a little too complex for that to be reliable - someone could easily be a 'good' striker as a target man for example but a lousy poacher, then on top of this you've got morale, personalities and other things to take into account. As such its important that a manager look at his squad as people not just an overall rating number.

Depends on the player and circumstances tbh - in the case you indicated the player was requesting more money from your club; so I think it fair enough that they weren't particularly interested in a drop in pay to move on ....

(I presume you paid off his contract when he left, so at that point he's basically made out like a bandit in addition to his new 60k/week contract - not bad pay if you can get it ;) )

I understand, but for the manager, the options are pretty grim.

1) Don't raise the player's salary and he will be forever unhappy.

2) Raise the player's salary and cannot sell him later.

The thing is, the players I am try to get rid of are very good players. Surely big clubs will become interested? Especially after I drop the asking fee?

I agree with this. Selling players like Adebayor should not be that hard. Yes his salary is high but, come on, what the game asks you to do to sell him is ridiculous and unrealistic. By transfer listing him it should encourage offers which then leads to wage negotiations; for interested teams to not even bother offering a transfer fee without even trying to agree personal terms is silly. Arsenal would never put Fabregas on the market for £2m just to attract interest then up-sell, why do you have to do it in this game??

I want to see my signings, who join to my club in the next transfer window. For example I sign a player in January by Bosman, now I dont see him nowhere, because he joins to my club in July.

I signed at leat 6-7 players, and I dont know where are they.

• SI Staff
*COUGH* :confused:

Thats a bad cough you have there son, shouldn't smoke - its bad for you ;)

(I can't really answer that as the time line involved is variable depending both on whats found at our end - but also what happens when we submit to Apple which isn't within our direct control .... I do envisage the update being out before the end of the month though)

• SI Staff
I want to see my signings, who join to my club in the next transfer window. For example I sign a player in January by Bosman, now I dont see him nowhere, because he joins to my club in July.

I signed at leat 6-7 players, and I dont know where are they.

Thats a very good point - unfortunately too late for update 2, but I'll try and rectify this in the next update implemented.

Just read through all the posts, some good suggestions. I guess I'd like to echo the congrats on putting together a really good version of FM for handheld devices, a lot of fun to be had.

One thing I do miss is the ability to interact in more detail both with the media and with players, but really that's a nice to have and wouldn't want it at the expense of the speed of the game. One of the things that makes it so playable is that it's quick and not cumbersome. Ability to choose your captain again, nice to have but not essential. Perhaps a bit more recognition from the board/media of your achievements would be nice perhaps, but again this would come under increased media interaction i guess.

I did have a question actually, in about ten seasons with Derby I've won the prem and champs league a few times, and am rated world class, but never get linked to jobs or get any offers. Is this functionality not included in the handheld version?

Thanks

• SI Staff
I did have a question actually, in about ten seasons with Derby I've won the prem and champs league a few times, and am rated world class, but never get linked to jobs or get any offers. Is this functionality not included in the handheld version?

You do but there is a 'sweet spot' for getting those offers generally - if you're at a big club and dominant then you can land jobs but have to go and ask normally ..

This simulates the fact that Alex Ferguson doesn't get 'rumoured' to be interested in Barcelona (nor does Wenger etc.) ... its presumed they're happy at their clubs unless proven otherwise.

You do but there is a 'sweet spot' for getting those offers generally - if you're at a big club and dominant then you can land jobs but have to go and ask normally ..

This simulates the fact that Alex Ferguson doesn't get 'rumoured' to be interested in Barcelona (nor does Wenger etc.) ... its presumed they're happy at their clubs unless proven otherwise.

Like it, thanks mate.

Dynamic league rep would be great and Im not talking as big as the PC version but something small such as winning the Champions League as Ajax could boost the Dutch league rep a bit. What do you guys think? Could be better for signing bigger players.

Got two times offered a job - Barcelona, Real - Both after winning 7 titles in a season!

Oliver

Could it be possible to view the full data from the last game you played - possession, stats, match ratings etc..., as opposed to just the result and the scorers?

I appreciate that holding this data for every single game in a seson like on PC versions is maybe unrelaistic for a handheld device, but perhaps just for the last game played could be achievable?

I only ask because I have just returned to the game after 2 weeks off doing work stuff, and although I can see my last result it would be good to have the full stats just so I can remember who did especially well - which players contributed more in the way of goal attempts etc..??

Hi Marc

After finishing 14 season I would like to put together my thoughts about the actual level of game play and possible improvements for the future:

a) Variation

As mentioned before it becomes more and more boring during my career to see always the same teams on top in PRM and Europe. A bit more variation along the time path would be more interesting. Furthermore I recognized that the game is always following the same structure. Early in a season (10-20 games) some teams, often just relegated from CH, seems to start very well tackling the top of the ladder but at the end always the same 4 teams are fighting for the second place (Lol). I would appreciate if let me say a certain period of time (>10 years) new teams will emerge and able to hold top positions and become more competitive in PRM and Europe. This will certainly improve my long term motivation. I know I can move to other leagues but it is the same all around the game - Bayern wins always the German Title and Real or Barca in Spain (lol).

b) Player nationality and naming diversity

Well after 8 or 10 seasons you are simply unable to find interesting / good players which are not out of the 3 main leagues / activated nations. For most of the nations you cannot find at least one player at all. Hhmm just boring for me and I would seriously appreciate more diversity in creating new players during the game including the naming.

c) Hidden skills

I am still hoping for more information provided through the assistant coaches or within the players information to get better along with the lack of information provided in FMHi compared to PC Version. As mentioned already the ability to review more information about players character and/or health basics would improve the ability to manage the team and rooster efficiently. Your first step in offering character hints was a good attempt in the right direction but I hope that your are following up this path for future releases consequently.

d) Player national team caps

I expect that there are reasons why i.e. German Players cannot get caps to the national team, however, I cannot believe that it should be not possible to randomly give them some caps by any given criteria without putting them into an official national team rooster. Of cause I like these kind of players based on the fact that they are never asking for a salary increase based on the number of caps but it is simply not realistic enough for me.

e) The Walls

Sorry, but I determined a strong advantage of defensive playing teams against offensive ones. Means I need around 10 to 12 shots on goal for one hit against the WALLS from the bottom of the ladder. I understand that this teams are playing a strong defensive style against my team but however I got normally around 10 to 15 shots on goal due to my skilled offense but finally managed to win barely by one goal. This does not reflect the real world especially taken into account that it happens against all teams and all time at home where my bet ratio is 1:6 or better. May it be possible to tweak the game balance system behind a bit to avoid annoyance.

f) Stats

Realizing that there is a possibility to download saved game files from the I-Phone I guess it is time that SEGA provide the users with a suitabile game file reader. I am looking just for extracting player stats and if you are able to provide another option (separate download of the stats after each season) without opportunity to manipulate the saved games itself, you should go for it. Well let me know what you think?

g) Youth Academy

I love this feature a lot - well done! BUT the number of players promoted every season is huge and filling up my reserve team quit rapidly without having the chance to test the young guns for several years or loan them out before making a decision about their future. I would say it might be more appropriate to reduce the number of talented players promoted to max 3 or 4 per season. By the way I think I got 8 or 9 during last summer season break? Furthermore the players are often really crab and I would fire my youth coach if possible for some of his recommendations. Finally my game internal "son" was also a "less" talented player to make it gentle and I was personally dissapointed - Please kindly trigger this special option a bit to make me more proud!

h) National team coach

Is it possible to implement the option to coach a national team and your home team (League) at the same time like a part time national coach. I am interested in both but I do not like to miss out the large number of league matches just for one national team competition a year.

That's all for today and I am looking for forward to the announce update!

Oliver

• SI Staff

Is it possible to implement the option to coach a national team and your home team (League) at the same time like a part time national coach. I am interested in both but I do not like to miss out the large number of league matches just for one national team competition a year.

Yes this is possible already - just accept the second job offer when/if it becomes available).

(and many thanks for the other feedback)

a) Variation

As mentioned before it becomes more and more boring during my career to see always the same teams on top in PRM and Europe. A bit more variation along the time path would be more interesting. Furthermore I recognized that the game is always following the same structure. Early in a season (10-20 games) some teams, often just relegated from CH, seems to start very well tackling the top of the ladder but at the end always the same 4 teams are fighting for the second place (Lol). I would appreciate if let me say a certain period of time (>10 years) new teams will emerge and able to hold top positions and become more competitive in PRM and Europe. This will certainly improve my long term motivation. I know I can move to other leagues but it is the same all around the game - Bayern wins always the German Title and Real or Barca in Spain (lol).

Completely agree with this, currently year 2026 with Burnley and also find it is the same teams that go up and down each seasons

b) Player nationality and naming diversity

Well after 8 or 10 seasons you are simply unable to find interesting / good players which are not out of the 3 main leagues / activated nations. For most of the nations you cannot find at least one player at all. Hhmm just boring for me and I would seriously appreciate more diversity in creating new players during the game including the naming.

Another valid point, my whole team consists of pretty much English, Spanish and Brazilian players due to the huge amount of regens generated for these nations.

d) Player national team caps

I expect that there are reasons why i.e. German Players cannot get caps to the national team, however, I cannot believe that it should be not possible to randomly give them some caps by any given criteria without putting them into an official national team rooster. Of cause I like these kind of players based on the fact that they are never asking for a salary increase based on the number of caps but it is simply not realistic enough for me.

Have exactly the same in my game, I have 1 German player he is a solid Defender, and was curious why he never got called up, checked the German national team and there is not 1 single German player in the squad, the whole squad is filled with grey players, and was during the world cup aswell.

g) Youth Academy

I love this feature a lot - well done! BUT the number of players promoted every season is huge and filling up my reserve team quit rapidly without having the chance to test the young guns for several years or loan them out before making a decision about their future. I would say it might be more appropriate to reduce the number of talented players promoted to max 3 or 4 per season. By the way I think I got 8 or 9 during last summer season break? Furthermore the players are often really crab and I would fire my youth coach if possible for some of his recommendations. Finally my game internal "son" was also a "less" talented player to make it gentle and I was personally dissapointed - Please kindly trigger this special option a bit to make me more proud!

Another problem, it has got to the point that I release them as a soon as they pop up, I get around 8 every season, I am sure I got more last summer but havnt really counted. Also my “son” is a 1 star goalkeeper...his stats are pretty poor and even though I play him in games against lower teams and have him on intensive training I cant see him improving, infact he would of been released if it wasn’t for the fact I have spent 14 years waiting for him. Very disapointed

Yes this is possible already - just accept the second job offer when/if it becomes available).

(and many thanks for the other feedback)

HoHo - Thank you Mark for this clue - means there is a hidden unlockable I guess?

Has somebody got such a second position offer to date?

Bye Oliver

• SI Staff
HoHo - Thank you Mark for this clue - means there is a hidden unlockable I guess?

Has somebody got such a second position offer to date?

Bye Oliver

Its not really an unlockable - just that if you accept an offer from a club when managing a nation (or vice versa) you'll retain your other role.

If you start as a nation then there are normally a handful of 'open' job offers for clubs kicking around, if you apply to one of the lesser ones you've a reasonable shot at getting it ...

(but thats not a bad idea for a future unlockable - being able to select both at the game startup ... hmmmm ..... thinking ....)

Its not really an unlockable - just that if you accept an offer from a club when managing a nation (or vice versa) you'll retain your other role.

If you start as a nation then there are normally a handful of 'open' job offers for clubs kicking around, if you apply to one of the lesser ones you've a reasonable shot at getting it ...

(but thats not a bad idea for a future unlockable - being able to select both at the game startup ... hmmmm ..... thinking ....)

Hmm.. pro-active job offers to a manager are very rare and I have not seen one as national coach. I would like to coach a national team whilst I am still with Arsenal in PRM!

Thank you

Oliver

Maybe a feature like this:???

When you try sign a player and a club rejects an offer maybe a reason for it could be "This player has only just joined clubX and we are unwilling to let him go so soon." or something along those lines, also when offering players contracts who have only just signed for a new club. Because for example it would be daft if Chelsea were to sell Torres so soon or Liverpool to sell Carroll.

Also why dont players start with injuries? I mean at the start of a new game players that are injures irl are not injured in the game e.g. Owen Hargreaves.

• SI Staff
Also why dont players start with injuries? I mean at the start of a new game players that are injures irl are not injured in the game e.g. Owen Hargreaves.

This is simply a restriction on how the database is exported to the handheld games at present, this might be included in a future version at some point.

Does this work the other way around? If I'm managing a club/national team and I apply for a job at a club/national team (opposite type to the one I'm already at), will I keep my original job as well as gaining the new one?

Archived