[iPhone] Requests for Items to be included in the next update

A very nice little feature I would have loved is Dropbox-support. Properly configured I could play a few matches on the iPhone while commuting, then saving to dropbox. When home I could grab my family's iPad, load the game from dropbox and continue where I left off on the iPhone. Dropbox keeping the saves in sync.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When using the attributes filter in a player search, I would like to be able to click on multiple attributes at one time to "select" them and then click CONFIRM.

At present, you can only add one attribute filter a time. But if you could set a value and then click multiple in one go (with being able to click them again to deselect them) it would save a lot of time.

(Click means touch as I'm playing the iPhone version)

Loving the game. No longer have time to play PC version but this is a great, accessible way to play.

When using the attributes filter in a player search, I would like to be able to click on multiple attributes at one time to "select" them and then click CONFIRM.

At present, you can only add one attribute filter a time. But if you could set a value and then click multiple in one go (with being able to click them again to deselect them) it would save a lot of time

This is actually already one of the things requested by our QA team. We agree that it would make things quicker and easier. Keep enjoying the game :)

Haven't played FM 2011 for a few months but picked it up again for the past 2 weeks.

I've moaned about this before but I think the commentary can still improve. To start with, it's plain annoying that when a substitution happens, the commentary comes on for the preceding events leading to the ball going out of play, and then mention the subs. Why can't we not just have one line to say who's coming on for who? Same as announcing stoppage time.

The number of goalkeeper red cards and also red cards for bringing down a player as the last man is far and few. In fact, I'm not sure if I've had a game when one of the GK was sent off.

And any plans to improve player experience with selling players? Just extrememly difficult to sell despite players may actually be half decent.

These are my major moans for the current version!

The number of goalkeeper red cards and also red cards for bringing down a player as the last man is far and few. In fact, I'm not sure if I've had a game when one of the GK was sent off.

I had a couple of goalies sent off... Not nice :)

What about getting managerial offers from other clubs - i.e A team approaches your board, and the board ask you whether you would like to speak to that club or not. You then have to weigh up the pro's and cons of speaking to the other club - i.e you could speak to the other club, but then decide to back out , this may also affect your board confidence.

If you decide to speak to the other club, they tell you what your transfer budget would be and outline their expectations for the coming season??

A very nice little feature I would have loved is Dropbox-support. Properly configured I could play a few matches on the iPhone while commuting, then saving to dropbox. When home I could grab my family's iPad, load the game from dropbox and continue where I left off on the iPhone. Dropbox keeping the saves in sync.

Have to say this would be a very neat addition, given my recent weeks of working in London. I play FM on my iPhone on the way to and from work, then have to plug two devices to and from PC so that I can continue on my iPad2. Dropbox support please :-)

• SI Staff
Have to say this would be a very neat addition, given my recent weeks of working in London. I play FM on my iPhone on the way to and from work, then have to plug two devices to and from PC so that I can continue on my iPad2. Dropbox support please :-)

You are aware you can already swap saves back and forth through the iTunes file sharing feature without the need for a third-party app?

(just go into your device in iTunes - display the list of apps you've got installed and at the bottom of that there will be a 'file sharing' area - highlight FM2011 and hey presto you'll see all the save files, tactics etc. on the device.

You are aware you can already swap saves back and forth through the iTunes file sharing feature without the need for a third-party app?

(just go into your device in iTunes - display the list of apps you've got installed and at the bottom of that there will be a 'file sharing' area - highlight FM2011 and hey presto you'll see all the save files, tactics etc. on the device.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply.. as far as I know and forgive me if I am wrong on this, but if you have an iPhone and an iPad then you would first have to plug your phone into your PC, download save file, then unplug.. plug in iPad, copy file over etc etc. It's very tedious but I can live with it if you think that's all we can do. Perhaps apple won't allow files other than photo/videos to be copied around, other than through iTunes itself?

Could you change it from saying MC to MCR and MCL. It makes doing player instructions a lot easier, as-well as picking the team line up or swapping positions as it is hard to know which is which without having to check the team line up formation screen.

Also has the bug where when you change a players positions on the formation screen and press comfirm and then it just goes back to the original position, has that been fixed for PSP and Iphone?

• SI Staff
Yeah I've been doing it in the tactics menu so far but mid-game I can't remember if Mulley likes to be a deep lying midfielder or ball-winning one when I bring him on for example. Thanks for considering it in a further update.

Ok so you know - the next update will allow you to view the 'positions' page on player profiles during a match - that means you'll be able to see if they can play at all in other positions but also see their preferred roles etc. in match ...

• SI Staff
Also has the bug where when you change a players positions on the formation screen and press comfirm and then it just goes back to the original position, has that been fixed for PSP and Iphone?

I've fixed it on the iPhone - will ask QA to look and see if it exists on the PSP as I hadn't heard it was an issue on that device.

• SI Staff
Unfortunately it is Marc. Will the MRC and MLC be added, not crucial, just a simple touch to make choosing a starting line-up more simple :)

This won't be done as part of the next update because its something I'd like to road test with QA and some 'test' users to ensure they understand the connotations before pushing it out (I do fully understand why you want it - just don't want to confuse users potentially who are used to things as they stand).

This won't be done as part of the next update because its something I'd like to road test with QA and some 'test' users to ensure they understand the connotations before pushing it out (I do fully understand why you want it - just don't want to confuse users potentially who are used to things as they stand).

This can get quite confusing when applied to three central defensive midfielders: DMRC, DMCC, DMLC...

• SI Staff
Any news when the update will be ready Marc?

I'm hoping to get it into 'final' QA the latter part of this week and probably sub it the end of the week after .... but no promises as obviously speed bumps do occur.

This can get quite confusing when applied to three central defensive midfielders: DMRC, DMCC, DMLC...

Rafa, the only one of those that looks out of place in the DMCC :)

And for that it can just be DMC (as it is just Defensive Midfield Centre)

I dont really know if someone has mentioned it before me. I would like to be able to watch Cup draws as they happen (both domestic and international) for my team and all other teams one by one. It will add excitement to the game!

• SI Staff
Please fix this on the next update when you win he Belgium league it doesnt show up on your manager stats

Already done - from the changelist ..

Belgian league win recognition on human manager profile

PS - Preliminary QA on the patch should be starting today or tomorrow all being well

It does actually work every now and then. Avoid appealing for every red card as this would not be appreciated by the FA.

I think the main problem with appealing is that you don't really have a clue of what really happened. The commentary mentions (in very few occasions) that 'this seems a bit harsh', but other than that is not really worthy annoying the FA.

I think the main problem with appealing is that you don't really have a clue of what really happened. The commentary mentions (in very few occasions) that 'this seems a bit harsh', but other than that is not really worthy annoying the FA.

That's true. Personally I only appeal when I think the red card cost me the match or when it's a player with low Aggression.

That's true. Personally I only appeal when I think the red card cost me the match or when it's a player with low Aggression.

On top of this while on topic, and it had been mentioned before, I had a player sent off for a global 90 day ban for head butting the referee. When I criticised him publically he felt victomised, and majority of my team were upset for not supporting him

On top of this while on topic, and it had been mentioned before, I had a player sent off for a global 90 day ban for head butting the referee. When I criticised him publically he felt victomised, and majority of my team were upset for not supporting him

Maybe there is another issue here. With the current interaction system, you cannot really choose why you are criticising the player. So I would guess that your player had a good form before the ban, and the criticism was probably directed to his consistency rather than his behaviour.

Maybe there is another issue here. With the current interaction system, you cannot really choose why you are criticising the player. So I would guess that your player had a good form before the ban, and the criticism was probably directed to his consistency rather than his behaviour.

Would agree with this – it would help if you had some kind of choice like 3 simple criticism options:

- Poor performance in prior match

- Violent conduct

- Poor attitude in training

I could happily live without the FA appeal feature if this was brought in instead

• SI Staff
Would agree with this – it would help if you had some kind of choice like 3 simple criticism options:

- Poor performance in prior match

- Violent conduct

- Poor attitude in training

I could happily live without the FA appeal feature if this was brought in instead

This won't happen in an update I'm afraid as this would require a fair few changes (and a LOT of new text to be translated) .... but its definitely something I'll consider for next years version.

I'm still in love with this game and after saving over my beloved Man Utd save, I decided to give Rangers a go.

I have a few issues:

1. Where is my 'do you want to overwrite this savegame' popup? ;)

2. When scouting players with multiple player positions, I would like to see a more detailed scout report, giving a report for each postion. It bugs me when I scout a D/DMC player for his DMC spot and the scout comes back with a DC report.

3. When I have a high profile player wanting higher salary than I can afford, I should be able to ask the board for more wage budget for this guy in particular, especially if I've received the 'we will do anything for you' message at some point.

4. A team report for reserves

5. I use the 'Clear team' + 'Pick team' alot (I'm lazy), but I would like to set some criteria for the 'pick team', fx. that condition has to be above 90%.

6. some statistical details for European leagues (CL, EL etc).

Can you bring back the old fat scrollbar? It was uber convenient, thanks!

Btw Marc, your super lucky. I love it when my projects get this big that I can just go around and tweak stuff here and there. Shame none of my current projects are at this stage yet :(

• SI Staff

Just to give people an state of play update on the next iteration (2.5) ...

[b]#2.5 FMHi 2011 - Update 4[/b]
Tweaked human transfer acumen calculation
Stop job offers affecting current club finance constraints
Fix size of match icons on iPad ratings pages
Fix clumsy selection between manual/credits on start page
Tweak the effect of home advantage in the match engine
Added extended information to iPad Coach Reports
Rotate screen on device tilt (in-game - splash pages don't rotate)
Added iPad high score table
Restore fat scrollbar at user request
Fix rare race condition with end of season transfer setting
Make names draggable on club squad page (iPhone)
Improve set-piece taker selection during matches for human teams
Fix future transfers sometimes renewing contract with present club
Belgian league win recognition on human manager profile
Fix very rare issue with save game loading issue where nation name is blank
Allow viewing of player positions page in match
Fix for condition text colour not updating during match
Fix for rare Spanish Super Cup bug where team was drawn to play itself

This is in preliminary QA at present - no fixed release date, but tbh most of the items in it are relatively 'minor' in nature and not mission critical (ie. hopefully not affecting most peoples enjoyment of the game) .... although some bugs will definitely have been noticed and irked the few people who've come across them and some of the new features like the 'screen rotation' will definitely be things people will appreciate once they're there.

• SI Staff
Could you give a short description of this update? Is home advantage too advantageous or not very influential in the current game version?

Its not something I can easily describe as it was to do with specific teams and scenario's based on data from a lot of simulations and assessment (the basis of which was driven initially by user feedback to encourage me to look into) - it basically makes things a little more realistic and its not a 'huge' effect at all, but balances the game engine slightly better ...

PS - Do bear in mind that 'home advantage' is to do with the pressure given by the atmosphere at a ground ... it affects the mentalities and morale of teams and their manager, not whether they can play football ;)

Fix very rare issue with save game loading issue where nation name is blank

[/code]

It may be rare and it may not have affected the actual game play too much, but I can say that it is one of the most annoying bugs in the game. Once it happens, it spreads and soon half of the teams don't have a name and you have no idea who you are playing! Honestly, I bet I'm the only person this ever happened to. It was really crazy! I had to quit my game after I sent it to SI because, well, I had no idea who half the teams were!

Glad it's fixed now!

• SI Staff
Marc, what are the chances of including Cup Draws in the update like in the PC version?

I'm afraid this isn't going to sneak into the update sorry - its already in QA and as such only 'fixes' to existing changes will be done.

• SI Staff
Bring back the old hall of fame; I don't like the new one as much. Besides - I like knowing I'm better that Ferguson or Mourinho.

Will look at making both visible in a future version; that way people can view their status on either.

The ability to backup and/or share your save games is a great feature that I was very happy to see. However in practice ...

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply.. as far as I know and forgive me if I am wrong on this, but if you have an iPhone and an iPad then you would first have to plug your phone into your PC, download save file, then unplug.. plug in iPad, copy file over etc etc. It's very tedious but I can live with it if you think that's all we can do. Perhaps apple won't allow files other than photo/videos to be copied around, other than through iTunes itself?

... what he said! :)

It's just too much of a pain to do on a regular basis. I recently bought an iPad 2 and the new native iPad functionality is another much welcome feature. I've moved my current game from my iPhone to my iPad but to be honest I just can't be bothered moving it back again! This means I've been playing the game a lot less lately as I don't always have my iPad with me. And even if I do, it's much harder to sneak my iPad into the toilet at work when I'm going for an iPoo that it is my iPhone!

I though about suggesting DropBox functionality but saw somebody already beat me to it. Glad somebody else thinks it's a good idea though :)

I know it's probably more complicated, but is it any different than having Twitter integration? That also depends on a 3rd party service.

Archived