I've had it with this transfer system!!!

SiN8

Kudos if they are working hard on the patch and one trusts they gave eqaul devotion to 11.1. Releasing a simple staement probably takes a few minutes at most. SI gave daily reports to the Mirror on new game features over 20-30 days pre-release and released various comprehensive podcasts. They have the resources to deal with the suggestion The Gent made - and which I think is correctly made. Isn't that part of the marketing bloke's role? A simple statement would be a very, very minute allocation of their time.

With any new patch, I don't think anyone would expect everything to be 100% per cent ok. Everything was not ok with 11.1 which is fair enough if the bugs are minor. A fair proprotion have expressed reasonable issues with the transfer system and why they are waiting for SI to deal with it.

I imagine that there are those who spend so much time telling us how pefect the game is and yet will be obtaining the new patch as soon as it is released.

Fair points but has't it been said a 1000 times that patch will be out this month how many diffrent ways can this be told to people ??

and as for this quote "I imagine that there are those who spend so much time telling us how pefect the game is and yet will be obtaining the new patch as soon as it is released"

people will want the newer patch for diffrent reasons, more advanced Match engine, new data, hopefully fixed transfers plus other fixes so of course those who dont complain about game will still want the patch

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Confident 11.3 will be ok? Have si brainwashed you that badly mate?

I find your comment absolutely hilarious!

"oh I don't mind spending £30 on fm11 in November as long as it's playable in four months time when last patch comes out."

Everyone goes on about how si get 3 chances with each fm but I'll tell you what's killing them...

They're complacent. A total lack of competition.

If they had a top rival breathing down their neck, another top draw management game they could lose us too,

I bet each year si would serve us the fm we all dream off and like pretty much every company around, they wouldn't need patch after patch after friggin patch.

It's human nature, if you haven't got to put the effort in, you don't put the effort in.

no one has made that statement, he isnt happy with the way the game is so he chooses to continue playing the older version, everyone is entitiled to do that.

people keep using this "unplayable" comment, its complete nonsense but i guess this is old ground.

I would imagine the lack of competition is due to the fact they are so good at what they do, anyone who has attempted to challenge them in this kinda game has failed, Champ manager was a complete waste of time and the EA version is terrible. This is not an easy game to put together hence why most game companies are not bothered about even trying to break the stronghold they have on the genre. Who's to say competition would improve things anyway i would say thats just speculation. They have had competition before, and all of them have failed, hence why FM is still the biggest and best football manager sim in the world.

Fair points but has't it been said a 1000 times that patch will be out this month how many diffrent ways can this be told to people ??

and as for this quote "I imagine that there are those who spend so much time telling us how pefect the game is and yet will be obtaining the new patch as soon as it is released"

people will want the newer patch for diffrent reasons, more advanced Match engine, new data, hopefully fixed transfers plus other fixes so of course those who dont complain about game will still want the patch

plus the fact us who play through steam have very little option :)

of course everyone will want the patch, if it improves the game you would be stupid to turn it down, i dont think one single post on here has described this game as perfect, i think everyone has stated things they would like to see improved just some of us dont go over the top accusing SI of stealing from them and cheating them out of anything.

No far from it. Ive been playing their games since CM2 and im a satisfied customer, simple as, otherwise I wouldn't keep buying their games. Im confident that 11.3 will be great based on previous years. Never has the 3rd patch been a let down imo. Why would I have reason not to? Previous versions have been way buggier than this on release.

"oh I don't mind spending £30 on fm11 in November as long as it's playable in four months time when last patch comes out."

Like I said above, my FM cycle is Feb - Feb, so inital problems with the game don't bother me, im happy to wait for the 3rd patch. 30 squid for a years great entertainment is well worth it don't you think? Iv'e spent 200 on ONE night out before and not remembered a thing the next day, now thats wasting money :)

If they had a top rival breathing down their neck, another top draw management game they could lose us too

Championship Manager and Fifa Manager?

Everyone goes on about how si get 3 chances with each fm but I'll tell you what's killing them...

If they had a top rival breathing down their neck, another top draw management game they could lose us too,

I bet each year si would serve us the fm we all dream off and like pretty much every company around, they wouldn't need patch after patch after friggin patch.

It's human nature, if you haven't got to put the effort in, you don't put the effort in.

As it not come across you that the lack of competion shows how hard a football manager sim is to create and be successfull if it were easy im sure there be more

As it not come across you that the lack of competion shows how hard a football manager sim is to create and be successfull if it were easy im sure there be more

That was going to be my reply to those who laughed off CM and FIFA Manager!

2 massive companies who cannot create a game anywhere near the level of FM.

Maybe that shows how good SI are, not how bad the competition is.

No far from it. Ive been playing their games since CM2 and im a satisfied customer, simple as, otherwise I wouldn't keep buying their games. Im confident that 11.3 will be great based on previous years. Never has the 3rd patch been a let down imo. Why would I have reason not to? Previous versions have been way buggier than this on release.

Like I said above, my FM cycle is Feb - Feb, so inital problems with the game don't bother me, im happy to wait for the 3rd patch. 30 squid for a years great entertainment is well worth it don't you think? Iv'e spent 200 on ONE night out before and not remembered a thing the next day, now thats wasting money :)

Championship Manager and Fifa Manager?

It's an interesting perspective - your February - February cycle, especially considering the game is released in November. I'm not sure I could have the same enthusiasm to start a cycle in February becuase by the end of February, the start date of the previous July seems, for want of a better word "old". And you will have a data update which starts in game from July and in real life from January. If SI released a season update to coincide with the final patch so that you could take your team "as they stood" in real life as of 1 February 20[ ]- or had the option to do so, - that would easily convince me to follow suit and to have the same cycle as yourself. I doubt it would happen though as it would probably lead to a fair number not buying the game in November and instead waiting until February. And the accountants wouldn't like that.

no one has made that statement, he isnt happy with the way the game is so he chooses to continue playing the older version, everyone is entitiled to do that.

people keep using this "unplayable" comment, its complete nonsense but i guess this is old ground.

I would imagine the lack of competition is due to the fact they are so good at what they do, anyone who has attempted to challenge them in this kinda game has failed, Champ manager was a complete waste of time and the EA version is terrible. This is not an easy game to put together hence why most game companies are not bothered about even trying to break the stronghold they have on the genre. Who's to say competition would improve things anyway i would say thats just speculation. They have had competition before, and all of them have failed, hence why FM is still the biggest and best football manager sim in the world.

In all honesty, I think you are being very unfair to many of the very reasonable posters who relay their issues/bugs in a very reasoned manner and who do so for the benefit of the game. They take time to post their bugs on the bugs forum so that the game can be improved for everyone. Have you ever considered that the game is where it is because there are so many customers who take the time to report their issues?

It's an interesting perspective - your February - February cycle, especially considering the game is released in November. I'm not sure I could have the same enthusiasm to start a cycle in February becuase by the end of February, the start date of the previous July seems, for want of a better word "old".

Thats perfectly understandable, and thats whats great about this game, we all play it the way we want to. Iv'e ensured that im stuck into a good game of 10.3 to keep me going through the Christmas period and right the way up to 11.3. When in the middle of a great save, I have the enthusiasm to keep going despite the new release.

And you will have a data update which starts in game from July and in real life from January.

Even after you install 11.3 you can still use the 11.2 database. So when I start a new game in Feb I will have all the fixes of 11.3 but the old July database of 11.2. I hate the Janurary transfers being included in July.

In all honesty, I think you are being very unfair to many of the very reasonable posters who relay their issues/bugs in a very reasoned manner and who do so for the benefit of the game. They take time to post their bugs on the bugs forum so that the game can be improved for everyone. Have you ever considered that the game is where it is because there are so many customers who take the time to report their issues?

not at all those are not the people who i mean at all, putting across a point very reasonably of course benefits the game! giving full details of any problem and loading save games when asked will always do the game the world of good, but these threads that say "OMG SI you have stolen from me this game is unplayable" are not helping anyone, i guess i just wish people were able to put across their concerns in a reasonable mannor without having to go over the top. ill say it again, the game is NOT unplayable by any stretch, but its not perfect.

.... I totally disagree... Let's stop this legend "more competition, better products", what about CM management ? They HAVE a top rival (SI & FM, sure...), but it doesn't seem things is going fine for them.

And no, it's not "human nature", I'm sure Ter and SI boys work hard because they LOVE this game and try their best to sell a bug-free product.

So, quite sure we have problems every year and maybe it could be a good choice to put FM on shelves in February, but let's talk seriously, you can't start to sell a football game late in season, try and read posts in this forum on June/July ("Release date ?" "I can't wait..." "Just a screen, pleeeeeease...").

Personally I consider FM11 not a masterpiece, but totally playable while waiting for the ultimate patch, and even if SI consider me a "beta-tester" from October to December, well, it's my cent to create a better game..... :)

not at all those are not the people who i mean at all, putting across a point very reasonably of course benefits the game! giving full details of any problem and loading save games when asked will always do the game the world of good, but these threads that say "OMG SI you have stolen from me this game is unplayable" are not helping anyone, i guess i just wish people were able to put across their concerns in a reasonable mannor without having to go over the top. ill say it again, the game is NOT unplayable by any stretch, but its not perfect.

Yes but they are entitled to their views. I would also opine that there are "Fanboys" who have actively sought to antogonise those experiencing issues and that comments such as "Well I'm not having any problems with my game" or "it must be your computer" or "the game is perfect" or "well it did happen once in real life" are eqaully undesireable and unhelpful.

I have read many posts where people have said they are waiting for the next patch before starting again. I certainly would not categorise all of them, or indeed most of them, as unreasonable. I think their views are valid. I think there is genuine disappointment with the transfer issue (and other issues, depending on the user). Given the nature of this (and the need for the hotfix), people who have bought the game are entitled to query the testing process and whether "sometime in December" is sufficient or whether SI should be more sympathetic to the views of a fair share of their consumers.

.... I totally disagree... Let's stop this legend "more competition, better products", what about CM management ? They HAVE a top rival (SI & FM, sure...), but it doesn't seem things is going fine for them.

And no, it's not "human nature", I'm sure Ter and SI boys work hard because they LOVE this game and try their best to sell a bug-free product.

So, quite sure we have problems every year and maybe it could be a good choice to put FM on shelves in February, but let's talk seriously, you can't start to sell a football game late in season, try and read posts in this forum on June/July ("Release date ?" "I can't wait..." "Just a screen, pleeeeeease...").

Personally I consider FM11 not a masterpiece, but totally playable while waiting for the ultimate patch, and even if SI consider me a "beta-tester" from October to December, well, it's my cent to create a better game..... :)

You might please relay your views on the "legend" to the European Commission as they seem to think the "legend" has some merit. In fact they appear to have dedicated a whole branch of regulation to the whole concept of "Competition Law" on the basis that competition ultimately benefits the consumer. Imagine they have even coined a concept of "abuse of a dominant position" - please set them straight.

I think competition would be a great thing. If there was a viable aternative, SI would have to up their game. There may not be any at present - but things can change. Sometimes.

ill say it again, the game is NOT unplayable by any stretch, but its not perfect.

I'm curious as to what your definition of "playable" is. Obviously, this is very subjective, but when I pay money year after year, I certainly don't expect playable = merely booting up. Think about it, you and I paid for FM10. Don't you expect to get an overall improvement for FM11?

A big problem with the testing of this game is that it is done by non-fans.

The Sega testing team are just general video games testers. They have no knowledge of football, let alone Football Manager.

So they haven't got a clue about most of the things that actually make it a great game. They can only test for crashes and stuff like that. Which they probably wont even find if they play the game absolutely bog standardly.

A big problem with the testing of this game is that it is done by non-fans.

The Sega testing team are just general video games testers. They have no knowledge of football, let alone Football Manager.

So they haven't got a clue about most of the things that actually make it a great game. They can only test for crashes and stuff like that. Which they probably wont even find if they play the game absolutely bog standardly.

You have no proof of this so dont make wild statements

I think the bigger problem is that the game reviewers are non-fans. FM gets rave reviews every year (aside from that joke IGN review). However, this game is a simulation so unless you follow football closely, you wouldn't know that Modric to Arsenal for 7.5m is an absolutely joke.

:thdn:

I fined Dani Alves for picking up another red card and he got unhappy and requests a transfer every week. I told him fining him was a mistake but he said he doesn't believe me (WTF?) and won't even talk to me anymore. Now he's a world class player leaving on a free transfer :thdn::mad:

Maybe, but tbh im in the camp who say at least SI work hard to release fixes for the game, as late as 4/5 months after the game is released.

Ive learned to adapt to this every year. My FM cycle goes from Febuary - Feburary as opposed to October - October. (ie. 10.3 - 11.3)

I fully understand the OP frustrations, he is paying hard earned cash for a game in October and wants to play a fully fixed game immediately. Unfortunately with all computer games there will be bugs, but at least we know our game will be patched which is probably not the case with every game out there.

I don't see us as guinea pigs. We pay 30-40 euro / pounds / dollars etc for a game that gives us incredible entertainment for a whole year. Amazing value imo. If it takes these forums to make the game better via patches then ive no problem with that. Im happy if ive contributed.

I may agree to a certain extent but with quite a few games they will delay the release until the game is as it should be,FM always comes out at the same time with the thought "we will sort it in the patch's".

I always buy the game at release but I won't in the future,I will buy the game in February when it is at least half price and fully playable.

Not to start a massive thing here but maybe other players should do the same,SI needs to know that players are not willing to pay to beta test a game and either has to shake up there beta testing process or delay the game until it is the game they want and players expect.

It really does seem to be a yearly thing now,release the game,admit there are problems,tell players the patch will be released when ready(thanks for the cash though),rinse and repeat.

I think if I preformed to such standards in my job I would be out of work very soon,I work as a hydraulic mechanic making skip loaders and hook systems,I could just imagine saying "yeah I knew it was not working properly but will stop by in a few weeks to see what I can do".

Some may argue it is not the same thing but actually it is,I test my product before it leaves,if it does not work properly but needs to be delivered then the delivery is delayed until it is ready(we build to customer specs so every system is different).

For me I really think SI have to change there beta process as it is clear it is not working and I would hazard a guess that a high percentage of testers are only looking for a free trial.

have you ever beta tested a game? It is a very very boring task especially the first few weeks, and especially if you are not getting paid for it. You would need thousands and thousands of testers over a few months before you would come close to catching everything, and this just isnt the way things work, its not cost effective at all. These testers would also need to be willing to give up a lot of free time for nothing.

Would you beta test the game?

Beta tested quite a few games in the past both paid and unpaid and you are right it is at times very tedious work but at the same time very important work,I do not beta test now as I really do not have the time to devout to the process.

I do feel though that maybe SI have to weed out the freebie tester's,you know the guys that get invited back every year but give little or no feedback.

You have to be blind not to see there is a problem here,every year so many major bugs come release that should have been caught at the beta stage.

For me get the beta testers sorted out and to be honest release the game 3 or 4 months later,although I am sure that is not an option as it would miss the Christmas market.

Oh dear. And I thought it was just because all these teams were bankrupt and liked me so much that they offered my their best players so cheap!! :-)

OK - so I am also experiencing this bug.

- Bid 14mil for Hamsik. Refused.

- About 3 months later, he's offered to me for 8mil.

- Sauraz (you know. Little Uruguay cheater...) offered to me for 4.5mil after earlier refusing a 8mil bid.

- Subotic from Dortmund valued at 10mil. Offered to me for 3.5.

- And now Villa are offering Agbonlahor to me for 6.5mil when he's hit 14 in 20, scored even more last year, and was voted player of the year (or something similar!).

Anyway, point is I thought this was all down to my managerial greatness....after reading this, obviously not!!

Has there been any acknowledgement from SI yet that this will be fixed in the next patch??

OK does anyone else get this problem?

Players take AGES to agree/refuse a new contract. Example - I bid 13.5m for Zapata from udinese. I'm Barca, I won everything in my first season etc. About a week passed and he hadn't made a decision. Then Arsenal came in with a bid that matched mine and it was accepted. I offered Zapata 50k per week and Arsenal offered 43k ... Guess who he chose? :rolleyes: Arsenal! And they finished 5th in the PL last season while I won every single competition I entered! :rolleyes:

OK does anyone else get this problem?

Players take AGES to agree/refuse a new contract. Example - I bid 13.5m for Zapata from udinese. I'm Barca, I won everything in my first season etc. About a week passed and he hadn't made a decision. Then Arsenal came in with a bid that matched mine and it was accepted. I offered Zapata 50k per week and Arsenal offered 43k ... Guess who he chose? :rolleyes: Arsenal! And they finished 5th in the PL last season while I won every single competition I entered! :rolleyes:

Yep, that is a pretty big bug that happens to me too.

About 10% of the time, you agree terms, but it takes over a week for them to come back, and then they reject you and there is some sort of silly reason as to why.

have you ever beta tested a game? It is a very very boring task especially the first few weeks, and especially if you are not getting paid for it. You would need thousands and thousands of testers over a few months before you would come close to catching everything, and this just isnt the way things work, its not cost effective at all. These testers would also need to be willing to give up a lot of free time for nothing.

Would you beta test the game?

Agreed beta testing is a very boring process. Also agree that it becomes a bit difficult if beta testers are not being paid money. But have you consider the fact that we gamers are paying SI to beta test the game so that the final patch will finally fix the game? With regards to him revising beta testing, i agree. While it might be difficult to find each and every bug in the game, as many have said before, some of the bugs are so in your face, that it speaks volumes about the beta testing conducted for this game. All you have to do is to play a couple of games to realise that there is a problem with option swapping in the tactics screen, that when using a specific tactical view, some of the players get "frozen". Less than one season in Spain/Russia would have thrown up the suspension problem in those leagues..Just over one complete season would clearly show the transfer bug or the French league bug where teams have more than 70 first team players on their book.

I think the bigger problem is that the game reviewers are non-fans. FM gets rave reviews every year (aside from that joke IGN review). However, this game is a simulation so unless you follow football closely, you wouldn't know that Modric to Arsenal for 7.5m is an absolutely joke.

That is true, none of the reviews reflect the real state of affairs. I assume SI are in very good terms with some of those magazines.

But the transfer system issues, the cards/ban issues (fixed by hotfix) and crash issues (where experienced) are not minor bugs.

And:

- many own goals

- many red cards

- the inability to get a feeder club

- inability to call up a dual nationality player (reported it)

- my player being injured by a player co-owned and playing for another club !!!

- players and managers changing clubs all the time. Good players are changing clubs every 2 years in my game, Wenger always leaves Arsenal to sign for some crappy club etc etc.

- players get unhappy easily. I've had an entire first team, all my starters declare unhappiness and request to be sold because they all disagreed with 1 player. I'm not kidding.

There are MANY bugs now. I'm not upset, I always say FM gets good only after a patch or two. I've played 15 season with 11.1.1, have stopped playing now and waiting for the next patch until I play again. The game can be really good, the bugs just need to be ironed out.

So many bugs thats so sad.Not worth the money!

Not really true ernset as some of us are't getting all these bugs so were do we draw the line im 5 seasons in and not seen 90% of bugs some people have so for me well worth money

im not saying games has't got problems but each to his own

Transfer system - broken

Player Interaction - broken

Agents - somewhat broken

AI Squad Building in French League - broken

Career Game - somewhat broken

Tactics Screen - broken (bugged to be more accurate)

What else do you need?

Again not for everyone only 1 ive noticed in all of them is player interaction but this has't caused me any serious problems, if it had i would't be 5 season in i can guarantee you that

Again not for everyone only 1 ive noticed in all of them is player interaction but this has't caused me any serious problems, if it had i would't be 5 season in i can guarantee you that

Yes...and in these i am not affected by the French league bug since i have not managed in France so far...i admit that SI will fix these (or at least most of these) in the next patch but the fact is that there are some major problems with the game. We dont really know the scope of the transfer bug. For example we can easily identify problems with world class players sold for free/peanuts but what about very good or even good players? I can easily buy some very good players at the lower end of Championship level whom i had trouble buying for a relegation threatened Premier League team in 10.

Yes...and in these i am not affected by the French league bug since i have not managed in France so far...i admit that SI will fix these (or at least most of these) in the next patch but the fact is that there are some major problems with the game. We dont really know the scope of the transfer bug. For example we can easily identify problems with world class players sold for free/peanuts but what about very good or even good players? I can easily buy some very good players at the lower end of Championship level whom i had trouble buying for a relegation threatened Premier League team in 10.

In those 5 seasons ive played worse transfer related things ive seen are balotelli going to liverpool in 2nd season for 6.5 million but i did't think that was too bad as he'd been unhappy for months and man utd releasing valencia but in fairness he was 29 not that old i know but also his stats had degraded slightly

What's worse than Balotelli going to Liverpool for £6.5m is that I was able to get Corluka, Jenas and Joe Hart for free before they were even 30 years old for Sheff Weds in the Championship! I also signed Scott Brown who stayed with me a few seasons, he left my team as he wanted a bigger club and then retired from the game completely at 30 as no one would sign him.

Kieran Westwood, retired at 31, Craig Gordon, retired at 32. I struggle to believe that no team would sign these players on free transfers.

Albiol, Steve Davis (both 31) and Aaron Ramsey are sitting as free transfers at the moment and my guess is they'll retire completely from the game at the end of the season.

Not broken. What's up with your game?

What has been highlighted in this thread, hence why I posted in it...

For me, the game is unplayable - what's the point of starting a long term game (heck, even a short-term game of a few years) when ridiculous transfers are inevitable?

Seems like you've had a few problems yourself, despite your last 3 posts asking people what's wrong with their game. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/240914-Gundo-s-FM11-Challenge%E2%84%A2-Bonus-Leagues-Edition-sponsored-by-Quackje?p=6233878&viewfull=1#post6233878

What has been highlighted in this thread, hence why I posted in it...

For me, the game is unplayable - what's the point of starting a long term game (heck, even a short-term game of a few years) when ridiculous transfers are inevitable?

Seems like you've had a few problems yourself, despite your last 3 posts asking people what's wrong with their game. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/240914-Gundo-s-FM11-Challenge%E2%84%A2-Bonus-Leagues-Edition-sponsored-by-Quackje?p=6233878&viewfull=1#post6233878

For me the game is entirely playable. The crashes I experienced were down to my PC, and not the game. It runs fine now. So, your only issue is ridiculous transfers?

Archived