The oldest FM fan

Interestingly, my own father has just turned 60 a few weeks back. I've been trying to get him interested in FM for many years now, as we have some great discussions about tactics and players.

It just doesn't appeal to him, though he does tend to prefer shooting and blowing things up, so thinking of the right birthday and Christmas presents is usually easy if there's the latest Call of Duty or Company of Heroes game out...

33. I've been playing since 1996, when I discovered it on my mate's computer over the summer - just 2 days before heading back to university for the fall semester. I almost failed all my classes that semester.

...and I've been playing every version since then!

I'm 35 and I've been hooked on football management games since around 1988 with Tracksuit Manager on the ZX Spectrum, they've certainly advanced a tad since then!

The best Football Manager ever!!! :D

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-adverts/t/TrackSuitManager.jpg

Had to use a cassette to play it :D

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-inlays/t/TrackSuitManager.jpg

CM1? you would have been in nappies when that came out, son!

Oh and by the way, I'm 42 and been playing since CM1 , missed the odd version here and there of CM and FM, but very much continuously.

Nope CM2 was Clive Tyldesley commentary, thats first one I played, and played them all since

My grandfather is very close to 70 and plays FM. He only got into the series in like 2008 after I gave him something to replace LMA manager with. He picked up SWOS instead of the CM game back in the early 90's otherwise he'd have been playing it for even longer lol.

What about females? How many of them are here? Of all ages :)

There are at least 10 females on this forum that I know for sure. There are also 5 or 6 usernames that I think MAY be females. You'll be shocked at some who are female, they don't have anything in the username to suggest they are, so they get treated like guys. Which, really, is the way it should be.

Any yeah, there are a fair few oldies on the forums that play FM.

Perhaps we could measure age by how many of these threads we've seen over the years. I estimate there are around 4 per year, which makes me ...

(I like these threads because I always feel I'm the oldest one, and then I find out I'm just a tyke.)

57, BTW.

So; is it official?

I am the oldest poor devil with now't to do except plat WWFM all day.

First time I ever won anything!

Close! but no cigar

oescus is 68 and a current regular on the forums

By comparison Kriss and I are mere children;)

It is comforting to know that there are a lot of "experienced" FM players out there who can and do contribute on the forums though.

Archived