FM 2011 waaaay too easy, 100 unbeaten in the league

I play Arka Gdynia, real outsider in Polish ekstraklasa.

I win almost every game. I have 8 new players - suprisingly team don't need any time to gel.

This game is so easy! It's hard to be motivated. I'm not 10 years old to have fan of permanent winnig!

Please do something!

Nigel de Jong (now Man City) have been transfered to Zaglebie Lubin (another polish ekstraklasa outsider) during the season 2013/2013. I predict it's because of the dynamic reputation, but I can't imagine players of this sort in Polish ekstraklasa even in 5 or 7 years!

Please do something!

FM always was a complicated game, now it's a piece of cake. I play 11.1 version.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I play Arka Gdynia, real outsider in Polish ekstraklasa.

I win almost every game. I have 8 new players - suprisingly team don't need any time to gel.

This game is so easy! It's hard to be motivated. I'm not 10 years old to have fan of permanent winnig!

Please do something!

Nigel de Jong (now Man City) have been transfered to Zaglebie Lubin (another polish ekstraklasa outsider) during the season 2013/2013. I predict it's because of the dynamic reputation, but I can't imagine players of this sort in Polish ekstraklasa even in 5 or 7 years!

Please do something!

FM always was a complicated game, now it's a piece of cake. I play 11.1 version.

This is the sort of thing I'm finding too. Whoever I start as, I can easily finish upper midtable with practically ZERO INPUT. Default everything, clicking continue and very little else. As Tubey suggests, it seems as though the more you complicate it the more difficult you make it.

But hey, the masses have spoken. SI knows that it'll sell a million copies to thirteen year olds with short attention spans so they can get Bognor Regis into Europe in an afternoon, rather than 100,000 to more mature gamers who like a challenge...

Hahaha :D Good one.

I know this is a suggestion, but in the past I've played fair and the best I could.

I want to play the best squad, not youth. If I had Boruc I'll play Boruc you know. If i have Messi i want to put him into the selection.

I want to success, but I want it difficult, especially when i manage a weak squad, weak team.

I know what you mean, i have the same problem, the game is really too easy, but theres nothing we can do about it.. so as i said before, i started this challenge in which you are not allowed to buy any players at all... i find it quite amusing.. especially while managing FC United of Manchester in BSN. Its almost like Athletic Bilbao Basque only policy :)

Oh come on now! You can't honestly believe that! Sure, the game is more "user friendly", but the game suffers for it.

What do you mean by the bolded part by the way? I'm fairly certain that my "tactical decision" of using a pre-set 4-4-2 isn't exactly fun or dynamic, and I don't think figuring out the correct media responses and making a substitution if someone is "looking complacent" being the only in-game thing you have to do as fun and dynamic either!

Once you have a "routine" now, you click around five times on various parts of the screen before a match, press Continue and know you're fully prepared for the game ahead. You then click another four or five times with the mouse during a match, and more often than not win.

This is the market SI are catering for at the moment:

That quote above pretty much sums it up for me.

I guess it depends what you mean by "fun". If fun is having victories handed to you on a plate, then it's fun. For me (by the way, three seasons in, fourteen defeats /in all competitions/ - correction: league defeats, three consecutive promotions and a scored-to-conceded ratio of 3 to 1 ALL with a pre-set 4-4-2, pressing "Continue to Match" every six minutes, as Blyth Spartans!), it's not fun. I've actually just deleted my game so I can have a fresh start when the patch hits actually.

The game should still be an entertaining management simulation, not a text-based FIFA11. Sure, I could try weird formations, impose a transfer wage cap on myself at bigger clubs, play a goalkeeper left wing etc. but that's not how I want to play. I want to be tested and have to challenge myself rather than have to deliberately screw up to create a challenge!

I'll have to say again though; I am by no means a tactical genius on this game. I literally do nothing. I just select a team and press continue, select a team talk, play the game, win, rinse and repeat... If I wanted a game I could win at constantly without trying I'd play myself at Connect 4!

Funny, there are large numbers of people on here who are not experiencing this "easy" success you alude to. But, then, they are the ones who treat the game in a more realistic fashion. Since it is not the case that you always do well no matter what you do, and since it is not the case that doing "smart" things as a manager is not eventually rewarded if you give it time, then the fact that someone with no interest in doing more than mashing buttons can, at times, be successful is hardly a damning indictment of the game. After all, you can become incredibly rich and have everything you want in "The Sims", too, without doing much of anything difficult, yet that fact alone hasn't made the game uninteresting for the millions who enjoy playing it at a somewhat more comprehensive level.

So the fact that this has never happened in English football in over 100 years (not just PL as I said initially) isn't enough for you?

You may say it is a computer game and anything can happen, if you did say this then I would simply say SI are trying to make this as real as possible. If this is the case they are failing, in yet another department.

Don't see how you can argue frankly. Still you are concluding that if reall life leagues were played a gazillion times then this would happen, a slight assumption there. Seeing as I said it hasn't happened thus far, I think 100 years + is a good length of time to draw conclusions from.

Are you serious?

100 years of premier league equals 100 seasons. I'm not sure how many times the premier league has been replicated in FM2011, thus I admit my 'gazillion' might not be entirely correct, but if we just add the combined simulation experience of the people in this thread it kinda makes the 100 years look like nothing.

But I have experienced this in my game:

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=den/nationalleague/standings.html

Completely unrealistic! Oh wait, game...IRL....

Are you serious?

100 years of premier league equals 100 seasons. I'm not sure how many times the premier league has been replicated in FM2011, thus I admit my 'gazillion' might not be entirely correct, but if we just add the combined simulation experience of the people in this thread it kinda makes the 100 years look like nothing.

A gazillion is definitely closer to the answer than a hundred.

Play again in Hard Mode: take F.C. United of Manchester to the glory!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/232807-FM11-FC-United-of-Manchester-Thread-The-Red-Rebels!/ - The FC United club thread. There is a save game there where they are promoted into the BSN without database editing.

As an aside, I've got them to League One atm, playing without player/staff search and using my own tactics. On FM10 I had completed Dafuge's Challenge with them by 2022.

Are you serious?

Hmmm, I am presuming you missed the bit where I mentioned I wasn't just referring to the PL anymore?

So that's over 100 years (yes over not 100 exactly but we can work to 100 to make it easier for some) of football leagues being played. PL (or Div1 in it's former guise), Div1, Div2, Div3, Conf, lower leagues, we can even go in to Scottish, Spanish, Italian etc but I won't.

So all those leagues being played for over, sorry 100 years, and not one instance of this?

Still you presuming it will happen in the year 6 gazillion and 43 means it must be possible :thup:

Hmmm, I am presuming you missed the bit where I mentioned I wasn't just referring to the PL anymore?

So that's over 100 years (yes over not 100 exactly but we can work to 100 to make it easier for some) of football leagues being played. PL (or Div1 in it's former guise), Div1, Div2, Div3, Conf, lower leagues, we can even go in to Scottish, Spanish, Italian etc but I won't.

So all those leagues being played for over, sorry 100 years, and not one instance of this?

Still you presuming it will happen in the year 6 gazillion and 43 means it must be possible :thup:

Well - I haven't researched real life runs of good fortune, but as my link indicates stranger things have probably happened around the world the last 100 years of football.

I think you miss my point entirely: being that this game simulates football seasons as many times as it does, you will always find freak seasons and players, but this shouldn't necessarily cause changes or indicate a general problem.

Well - I haven't researched real life runs of good fortune, but as my link indicates stranger things have probably happened around the world the last 100 years of football.

I think you miss my point entirely: being that this game simulates football seasons as many times as it does, you will always find freak seasons and players, but this shouldn't necessarily cause changes or indicate a general problem.

i think you make an excellent point i had never considered before, every single game of FM played will be different, with an almost unlimited amount of possibilities in terms of form, games won, lost ect. Therefor these things may crop up.

As you say and i have said, this is a game overall, not a replica of the current 10-11 season.

The problem for me comes from the fact that the AI just fails to keep up most of the time. AI teams consistantly buy average players for overinflated prices and do not significant strengthen their squads unless they get taken over by a rich owner. Meanwhile, we, as the human managers, can make more informed decisions on who to buy. So we already have an unfair advantage before we even start the game.

Managing in the lower leagues starts out difficult because you do not have the resrouces nor the player quality to achieve much. However, ineivtably you will have the resources one day and you will be able to buy quality players. Success becomes easy after that.

19 games unbeaten is hardly a freak. 49 games by Arsenal maybe...

I don't miss your point, you miss mine. Freak is something which happens once in a while. This has never happened therefore it is new ground being covered.

19 games unbeaten is hardly a freak. 49 games by Arsenal maybe...

I don't miss your point, you miss mine. Freak is something which happens once in a while. This has never happened therefore it is new ground being covered.

Trust me - I do understand what you are trying to say, but you are just wrong. Because something hasn't happened IRL EVER doesn't mean it shouldn't happen EVER in FM.

It's a simulation of real life football. Each game is different as would each real life season be if we were to make slight changes to squads, media, players, weather etc.

If you Hugh Everett-Multiverse style considered every fm2011 season of Premier League 2010/11 as an instance of how it could be played out, I guess you would see some kind of probability bell curve for each teams and players performance, some curves would be 'taller' than others, but nonetheless each team, players etc. would have a probability of success, and you were to play enough games Man Utd (and other teams) at some point ought to go for a run of 100 games without loosing.

Trust me - I do understand what you are trying to say, but you are just wrong. Because something hasn't happened IRL EVER doesn't mean it shouldn't happen EVER in FM.

It's a simulation of real life football. Each game is different as would each real life season be if we were to make slight changes to squads, media, players, weather etc.

If you Hugh Everett-Multiverse style considered every fm2011 season of Premier League 2010/11 as an instance of how it could be played out, I guess you would see some kind of probability bell curve for each teams and players performance, some curves would be 'taller' than others, but nonetheless each team, players etc. would have a probability of success, and you were to play enough games Man Utd (and other teams) at some point ought to go for a run of 100 games without loosing.

Excellent post my man :thup:

I've been saying for ages that for every RL prem season there are 1000's being played out on FM. These kind of things are not beyond the realms of possibility.

Well I guess we'll have to differ on this one because I know you are wrong.

You totally contradict yourself when you say IRL this has never happened, yet this game simulates RL. If this is the case it should simulate the difficulty in going 100 games unbeaten in one of the best leagues in the world, with factors such as injury, suspension, weather, form, morale, freak occurences and many other things taking place. It just won't happen.

There have probably been over 100,000 'professional' league seasons played throughout the world since 1900 and while I am not totally 100% sure this hasn't happened (maybe it happened in the transylvanian league in 1947) I am almost certain it hasn't.

Is it possible? Of course, but there are too many factors which mean this will not happen, if it was really that possible then some team would have come close and the closest I know of in England is AFC Wimbledon, who went 78 games I think, at a very poor level.

P.S. I think you're really super intelligent using all the 'Hugh Everett-Multiverse' references etc. I'll have to remember to go to work tomorrow and tell everybody how amazed I was with your statement :thup:

Well I guess we'll have to differ on this one because I know you are wrong.

You totally contradict yourself when you say IRL this has never happened, yet this game simulates RL. If this is the case it should simulate the difficulty in going 100 games unbeaten in one of the best leagues in the world, with factors such as injury, suspension, weather, form, morale, freak occurences and many other things taking place. It just won't happen.

There have probably been over 100,000 'professional' league seasons played throughout the world since 1900 and while I am not toally 100% sure this hasn't happened (maybe it happened in the transylvanian league in 1947) I am almost certain it hasn't.

Is it possible? Of course, but there are too many factors which mean this will not happen, if it was really that possible then some team would have come close and the closest I know of in England is AFC Wimbledon, who went 78 games I think, at a very poor level.

P.S. I think you're really super intelligent using all the 'Hugh Everett-Multiverse' references etc. I'll have to remember to go to work tomorrow and tell everybody how amazed I was with your statement :thup:

that one statement actually backs up his point, its a simulation not an exact replica of the real footballing world.

78 games unbeaten is pretty epic, when you consider they are playing teams around the same level as them, so it really isnt that far fetched.

i still think the guy has reloaded, having played every version of this game since it came out i know how you will always end up losing one game somewhere along the line in a season, it may be im not the greatest at this game but i have only gone one full season in the league without a defeat in any version of this game.

that one statement actually backs up his point, its a simulation not an exact replica of the real footballing world.

78 games unbeaten is pretty epic, when you consider they are playing teams around the same level as them, so it really isnt that far fetched.

i still think the guy has reloaded, having played every version of this game since it came out i know how you will always end up losing one game somewhere along the line in a season, it may be im not the greatest at this game but i have only gone one full season in the league without a defeat in any version of this game.

Exactly, it will always happen.

By the way, SI are trying to replicate RL as much as possible, they are 'simulating' RL scenarios. This is not a realistic simulation of that as it has never happened IRL, it can happen but wont, so something is wrong.

78 games unbeaten was good yes, but they were not of similar standard of the teams around them, don't you remember the hype surrounding AFC Wimbledon? I think if I remember correctly they had Kevin Cooper playing at a level which was way beyond his skill level, he scored about 60 goals in one season. Lots of other players were above their level. This is why they went 78 games unbeaten, they atttracted better players because of the hype. I think they are top of the Conf now, doing well...

Exactly, it will always happen.

By the way, SI are trying to replicate RL as much as possible, they are 'simulating' RL scenarios. This is not a realistic simulation of that as it has never happened IRL, it can happen but wont, so something is wrong.

78 games unbeaten was good yes, but they were not of similar standard of the teams around them, don't you remember the hype surrounding AFC Wimbledon? I think if I remember correctly they had Kevin Cooper playing at a level which was way beyond his skill level, he scored about 60 goals in one season. Lots of other players were above their level. This is why they went 78 games unbeaten, they atttracted better players because of the hype. I think they are top of the Conf now, doing well...

who says it wont happen? there is no way to say for 100% that this will never happen at some point in football therefor your point is completely invalid.

If you could show me why this will never happen i would be happy to read it.

I think we can easily say Man U have players miles ahead of everyone in the prem league except a few teams, and on their day they can beat anyone in that league, infact id go as far to say they could beat any team in the world when they are on top form, how long this form lasts for would depend on injuries, tactics ect. Dont rule anything out in football, thats the beauty of the game, ANYTHING is possible

who says it wont happen? there is no way to say for 100% that this will never happen at some point in football therefor your point is completely invalid.

If you could show me why this will never happen i would be happy to read it.

I think we can easily say Man U have players miles ahead of everyone in the prem league except a few teams, and on their day they can beat anyone in that league, infact id go as far to say they could beat any team in the world when they are on top form, how long this form lasts for would depend on injuries, tactics ect. Dont rule anything out in football, thats the beauty of the game, ANYTHING is possible

So why hasn't it happened so far in any league in the world?

past history is nothing to do with your point, you are saying this will never happen, i am saying you cannot sit there and say for definate this will never happen. When you say any league, i can guarentee you do not have the records for every single league in the world for the past 100 years, so again your statement is invalid.

I bet no one thought arsenal would go an entire season undefeated, but it happened, i bet no one thought rangers would go onto win 9 SPL titles in a row but it happened. I bet no one thought Porto would win the Champs League when they did, but again it happened, as i say thats the beauty of football.

past history is nothing to do with your point, you are saying this will never happen, i am saying you cannot sit there and say for definate this will never happen. When you say any league, i can guarentee you do not have the records for every single league in the world for the past 100 years, so again your statement is invalid.

I bet no one thought arsenal would go an entire season undefeated, but it happened, i bet no one thought rangers would go onto win 9 SPL titles in a row but it happened. I bet no one thought Porto would win the Champs League when they did, but again it happened, as i say thats the beauty of football.

See my previous posts, I said IT IS POSSIBLE, but it won't happen. It is that unlikely. The odds would be massive, bigger than anything you could imagine.

We are talking about reality here, not possibility, two totally different things. Anyone who thinks this is possible (pardon the terminology) in the modern PL is an idiot in my opinion and knows nothing about 'the beautiful game'. EDIT: Don't forget SI are trying to replicate reality.

It is possible for a giraffe to come running through my living room at any given time, will it happen, I am pretty sure it wont.

Asec Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire) went 108 games unbeaten between 1989 and 1994, and Steaua Bucuresti (Romania) went 104 matches unbeaten between 1986 and 1989.

I'd agree though that the chances of it happening in the English Premier League are pretty tiny.

Asec Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire) went 108 games unbeaten between 1989 and 1994, and Steaua Bucuresti (Romania) went 104 matches unbeaten between 1986 and 1989.

Actually your information is incorrect regarding the Ivorian team. They won 5 titles out of 6 between that time, losing several matches in one season, I saw the website which stated this and it is not correct.

Steaua is correct, different standard of league though.......

These are the only two teams ever to do this, well done (1 is incorrect). Making it one team ever.

I'd agree though that the chances of it happening in the English Premier League are pretty tiny.

Probably so, It'd be amazing if it did, but the odds are as you say tiny.

Can't believe Steaua did it though, amazing record.

See my previous posts, I said IT IS POSSIBLE, but it won't happen. It is that unlikely. The odds would be massive, bigger than anything you could imagine.

We are talking about reality here, not possibility, two totally different things. Anyone who thinks this is possible (pardon the terminology) in the modern PL is an idiot in my opinion and knows nothing about 'the beautiful game'. EDIT: Don't forget SI are trying to replicate reality.

It is possible for a giraffe to come running through my living room at any given time, will it happen, I am pretty sure it wont.

see the post above, it is possible however unlikely, and that is the point.

There are a lot of things that happen in the game that will never be replicated in real life, hence the word, GAME.

Yes they are replicating reality, but they are not making a carbon copy of it. Ive said this before but it is a simulation of Football management!!

Actually your information is incorrect regarding the Ivorian team. They won 5 titles out of 6 between that time, losing several matches in one season, I saw the website which stated this and it is not correct.

Steaua is correct, different standard of league though.......

These are the only two teams ever to do this, well done (1 is incorrect). Making it one team ever.

It was only four titles according to this article.

do you have a source to disprove this, just completely out of interest not wanting to add anything further to this debate.

LeedsX3 you seem to be confusing reality and history. Because something hasn't happened, doesn't preclude it from ever happening. All FM seasons are an 'alternate reality' so to say that 100 game winning streaks won't ever happen is absurd.

Firstly congrats on the tonne!! I think its just down to the manager am afc wimbledon and had an alrite first season at 14th in BSP now am suffering in 20th iirc and the dog fight of relegation is pulling me in..... its got to get better the performances have been good and at times only losing by the odd goal.

look at me ramble on! anyway certainly not too easy for me I went the whole of FM10 without a competition win :-(

What's with all the FM fanboys jumping on someone whenever they say something slightly bad about the game? you guys are probably in your thirties yet acting like the PES fanboys did back in the day, being the best team doesn't mean you win 100 matches in a row I guess you lot have never seen Barcelona and Real Madrid lose to lesser teams? same goes for any of the big sides, they still lose to lesser sides yet going them means you win every match?

I don't know. I play with Boro and just got promoted to the Premier League. Now teams like United, Everton, Tottenham and Birmingham are having their way with me. I did beat Arsenal and Chelsea though. I am losing again ...lost 3 in a row now. I don't find the game too easy but thats me.

I find FM11 a lot harder than the previous 3 versions. On FM09, I was winning the Quadruple every season with Man Utd, but on FM11, I struggle for 4th place.

What's the secret to FM11? Other than taking advantage of a broken transfer market? :thdn:

I take it back. This game is easy. :o

28 wins, 9 draws, 1 loss with Barcelona won the Super Cup, Liga BBVA, Champions League and Copa del Rey in my first season.

The secret to success is not to tinker with tactics.

So yeah, it's easy but winning is fun. I like winning :)

I take it back. This game is easy. :o

28 wins, 9 draws, 1 loss with Barcelona won the Super Cup, Liga BBVA, Champions League and Copa del Rey in my first season.

The secret to success is not to tinker with tactics.

So yeah, it's easy but winning is fun. I like winning :)

Easy with barca now theres a suprise :rolleyes::D

Easy with barca now theres a suprise :rolleyes::D

Haha, true well i'm relieved it's so easy because I was struggling with Man Utd, but probably because I tinkered with tactics and team talks instead of using the same ones and leaving team talks to the ass man

Haha, true well i'm relieved it's so easy because I was struggling with Man Utd, but probably because I tinkered with tactics and team talks instead of using the same ones and leaving team talks to the ass man

Im still in championship with my leeds save 4 seasons in. struggling is not the word :(

I'm glad it's not just me then! I can't seem to get leeds up, I'm in the 3rd season at the mo!

Well in fairness i actually got to playoffs in 3rd season but cardiff beat me in semi's since that had knightmare think im 5th bottom at presant :mad:

LeedsX3 you seem to be confusing reality and history. Because something hasn't happened, doesn't preclude it from ever happening. All FM seasons are an 'alternate reality' so to say that 100 game winning streaks won't ever happen is absurd.

Spot on mate.

Archived