Yaya Sanogo

Mr. D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must ask again, in what role do you use him? :D As i plan tobuy him...

I use him as an Advanced Forward in a 4-2-2-2. All setpieces are aimed at him and the two wingers are instructed to cross often.

wow show us your training schedules :D:D:D

I've never been big on crafting my own schedules (seems pretty boring) so I just downloaded the first set of training schedules I saw in the Tactics & Training forum, which were these ones. They're all I've used so far so I can't comment as to how good they are as I have nothing to compare them to. In past years I've always used Tug's Training but I don't think it's out yet for 2011.

Do not rate him at all. Signed him for my Aston Villa team first season while he is still 17. Told him I wanted to place him in the reserves to get some experience and game time he got all moody with me so I just kept him in my first team without playing him too often (Except League cup and games like Blackpool at home etc) He wasn't getting the games I wanted him to get so I put him available for loan, then he demanded to leave the club! I said sorry but he wasn't having any so now he is sat on the transfer list. Im still playing him some games incase he changes his mind but I think he will be on his way in the summer... P.S. He has played about 10 games, 0 goals.

91goals.png

53 starts, 91 goals. 59 goals in the league alone, obliterating his own Premiership all-time goalscoring record by a clear 23.

53 starts, 91 goals.

91 goals.

91 goals

What makes this even more ridiculous is that I didn't even play him in the Champions League group stage because we drew a really easy group that we would clearly walk, so I rested him until the knockout rounds. Who knows how many more he might have had if I had played him in those

This lad is immense.

Just signed him for my Sunderland team in 2013/2014 season for £11.75m and so far he's brilliant

8 Apps - 9 Goals - 5 Assists

Av Rat - 7.82

Playing him upfront by himself in an Advanced Striker role.

Eden Hazard is usually the one playing the balls into him!

91goals.png

53 starts, 91 goals. 59 goals in the league alone, obliterating his own Premiership all-time goalscoring record by a clear 23.

53 starts, 91 goals.

91 goals.

91 goals

What makes this even more ridiculous is that I didn't even play him in the Champions League group stage because we drew a really easy group that we would clearly walk, so I rested him until the knockout rounds. Who knows how many more he might have had if I had played him in those

Oh my god, what are your tactics? Please could you upload them for us poor people who are struggling with this game!

Oh my god, what are your tactics? Please could you upload them for us poor people who are struggling with this game!

I'm not at my home computer right now but I started out using this tactic, and have modified it a fair amount as I've progressed: the DMC is moved up to MC (this just suits the players I have a little better), I changed the AML/R to traditional wingers rather than inside-forwards and set their crossing to 'Often'/'Far Post' to give Sanogo more opportunities to score headed goals, and the individual setpiece instructions are altered so that it's Sanogo who is the target from corners and free kicks. I think I also raised the fullbacks' crossing frequency too but I'm not certain of that.

Setting corners up in particular is key (corners to 'far post' and have Sanogo on 'attack far post') because he is so dominant in the air that with a good delivery he will have a clear-cut chance almost every time:

setpiece.png

This guy is truly awesome. At first he didn`t play very well and missed a lot of chances (still does sometimes). But now he`s banging them into the goal for my Ajax team. I have him up front with Suarez as a poacher and Suarez as an advanced forward.

My question is this: what`s the best role for Sanogo if he plays up front with another striker? Poacher or another role?

Absolutely incredible this man!

sanogo.png

Just look at that!!!

28 Apps, 33 Goals AND 18 assists!

Absolutely dominating the goal scoring charts! Shame it wouldn't let me register him for my Champions League campaign :(

12353950.png

Managed to score 5 in the League against Coventry with Jordan Henderson my only first choice midfielder fit! (Eden Hazard injured, Paulo Henrique, Stewart Downing, Lee Cattermole, Nkoulou all rested due to a lot of matches)

Also I'm only into February and have already beaten the record for goals scored in the League! 92 so far.. where is this years records thread!?

Really don't know what to do with this guy. I have bought him at the begining of my Fiorentina save but he broke his leg after 3 games (still got 1 goal and 1 assist) so just came back in for the last 7/8 games of the season. I have just won the league with Gilardino, Babacar, Mutu and Lemmello as my strikers now him! All good but now I have been offered Suarez for £5mill !!! Thinking of taking him and loaning out Sanogo and maybe Lemmello??

Most posts on he show he gets to his best after a few seasons so thinking he might benefit for some time out??? Any suggestions from people who have experience of him would be very helpful. Thanks Sith

I just bought him for my QPR squad off Real Madrid where he fell out with Mourinho for like two million or so in January 2015 (funnily enough as my first post 11.2.orwhateveristhelatestpatchnumberincludinghotfix signing), looks like a proper scoring beast he does.

I actually had no idea about his being so class, in fact I had no idea about him, I mean as opposed to the Otamendis and Lukakus of the FM world, so to see his brilliant stats, low price and then this thread made me smile.

Him and Bojan are going to storm the world of Premier League midtable obscurity!

I bought him at the begining of the 4th season for my Man Utd team. I would just like to know what training schedules does everyone use for him? I want him to be my striker with attack duty, so the support striker could pass him the ball for Sanogo to score.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers.

Statistics Apps Gls Av. Rating

League 37 54 8.34

Cup 10(2) 15 8.05

Continental 7 13 8.94

Overall 54(2) 82 8.35

record for 2015/16 for swansea... he then got 72 with an average rating of 8.13 in the next season... quite simply the best striker i've ever seen on fm

• 1 month later...

OK, I know I've posted about Sanogo a couple of times in this thread already, but I only really touched on his first few years at my club, and he's been my first choice striker for almost a decade and a half - now that his playing time is coming to an end, I just thought I'd post an overview of everything he's achieved, to demonstrate what one might expect over the course of a whole career from a Sanogo who gets a good roll on his PA. I already wrote earlier about how his attribute distribution makes him a superb all-around striker, so I won't rehash that in this post.

First things first:

7jGpl.png

There are the vital statistics. According to his ingame bio, he has made 505 league appearances for me, in which he has scored 571 goals and laid on 183 assists. Superb consistency, and a few absolutely mindblowing years - 1.64 league goals per game for the length of a whole season in 2018/19! It's worth noting that he's still scoring more than a goal a game even as he closes in on 35 years of age, although my coaches are now telling me he is in significant decline, and he is no longer a preferred first-choice striker in terms of the Team Report.

One thing that really jumps out is how incredibly resilient to injury he is - he has only had two long-term injuries in his whole life (broken arm, broken wrist) both of which kept him out for ~2 months, and both of which - and I will admit I got really lucky here - he incurred right near the end of a season, so he only missed a handful of games and then had the summer to recover. His stamina and fitness are so great that if he does not pick up niggling injuries he can easily play a full 38-game season, 90 minutes a game, without his condition really suffering. Obviously he can no longer fully recover from game to game once he gets into his early 30s but he can still put in a good shift. In his last season or two I kept on playing him even though he had a starting condition in the 80% range because I wanted to wring as many more goals out of him as I could before he retired. I think I would probably have been better served limiting his appearances a little at that point, but I got a bit sentimental :o

His stats in all competitions:

FGNFO.png

807 goals in 727 games. Lifetime average rating of above 8.

While we're discussing his performance in non-league competitions, it's worth mentioning he is also France's all-time top goalscorer, as well as holding the French record for most international goals in a season and most goals in one game.

Just for fun, the roll of honour. All the awards he's collected:

lAr1a.png

To summarise the notables,

English Footballer of the Year x 13

French Player of the Year x 13

English Premier Division Top Goalscorer x 13

European Golden Boot x 13

European Striker of the Year x 11

Champions League Golden Boot x 5

World Golden Ball x 6

World Player of the Year x 5

Miscellaneous personality stuff: in 14 years, he never had a falling out with me of any kind. Never agitated for a pay rise (even though for long periods he was being criminally underpaid as he was far and away the best striker in the world - until he was about 30 he was paid £70k a week and was fine with it), never made noises about wanting to move to a bigger club (even though for a good while in his 20s we weren't one of the top clubs in the world, and he deserved to be at one). I always tend to keep an eye on motivation during games, and he was almost invariably 'Looking motivated' or 'Looking fired up'. I almost never saw him complacent, nervous, or indisciplined.

Spoiler stuff follows about PA and hidden stats:

This game was started in 11.1 and updated midgame to 11.2, so my Sanogo has his 11.1 PA of 180. In 11.2 he has a PA of -9 so you would have to get a roll at the high end of his potential spectrum (150 to 180) for him to turn out this good. That said, he is *so good* if he develops well that he is undoubtedly worth spending the money on just in case.

More hidden stat stuff: after I finally decided to retire Sanogo and promote his understudy to first-choice striker, I downloaded one of the editing tools (FM Real Time Editor) and checked out some stats that I had been wondering about. Firstly - Injury Proneness. My version of Sanogo had an Injury Proneness of 5, which is pretty low, but even so I must have got extremely lucky for him to only pick up two non-trivial injuries in 14 years. Kind of suspect is his Important Matches stat - which for me was 7 - but then, he did some fantastic things like score all three goals in a Champions League final that we won 3-2, so it didn't seem to hinder him in the big games? I dunno how much significance this attribute has.

So that's about it. A very long post I know, but I think a career of this length from a player of such incredible ability deserves it.

To summarise,

quite simply the best striker i've ever seen on fm

Have to agree. I've played every iteration since the game became FM and Sanogo (at least - 11.1 Sanogo / 11.2 Sanogo with a high PA roll) is, for my money, the single best striker that has ever been in the starting database.

I was going to comment that he was a poor man's Babacar, but after seeing how you guys have made him play (and especially how well massive_genius got him to play), I'm beginning to reconsider that thought and call it blasphemy! Looks incredible, think I may need to make a purchase.

I was going to comment that he was a poor man's Babacar, but after seeing how you guys have made him play (and especially how well massive_genius got him to play), I'm beginning to reconsider that thought and call it blasphemy! Looks incredible, think I may need to make a purchase.

don't think you can fail with either, although these are two players in particular where i've seemed to notice people will buy one or the other, but not both. My personal preference is always Sanogo. You should definitely give him a try, especially with his value at the start of the game

The MOODIEST striker I've ever had though.

He doesn't agree with my style of management, and keeps throwing a hissy fit when I drop him for not scoring for 4 months.

Had anyone else noticed that he can't score penalties, or is that just me?

74 goals, 21 assists in 54 games last season (2020/21) following on from 66 and 22 in 60 the season before and 45 and 10,in 50 the season before that

currently has 15 and 4 in 6 this season, and he missed the first 5 english games due to bans from the previous season

absolute gun

74 goals, 21 assists in 54 games last season (2020/21) following on from 66 and 22 in 60 the season before and 45 and 10,in 50 the season before that

currently has 15 and 4 in 6 this season, and he missed the first 5 english games due to bans from the previous season

absolute gun

what striker role you got him on?

this is what he finished with me

yayasanogoprofileattrib.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 4 weeks later...

I must be the only FM2011 player who cannot get him to play..,

I'm managing Leeds at the moment. I'm in my third season and I've had him for two seasons and scored something silly like two goals in both seasons including a penalty against Barnet in the FA Cup :L

can anybody give me any tips on how to play him in what roles. Should I loan him out to get game time?

Archived