Fm11sx

littleblue50

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LB, I imagine your original estimate of a new version being released in 4-6 days will need revising. Any chance you could provide us with another estimation or status update?

BTW, I have to congratulate you on a job well done. This year's version is far better than last year's, both in terms of having a load of features and being bug-free thus far. It's really an incredible little program and a massive help for us oft-neglected Mac users. The fact that you're doing this as an amateur and in your free time makes your work all the more commendable.

Fellas, I understand we all are very keen to be able to recriut our new youngsters in Zambia or New Guinea, but please, let's save LB from the pressure. Yes, it's true we do have an illness called Fm2011 and we need a medicine only she is able to provide, but that's life. Instead of asking her about release dates, it is good to inquire about how many of you donated money through Paypal for her work. Anybody?

Doesn't she deserve money for struggling against a disgusting flu in the hospital? Thanks to LB we can reap our new wingbacks coming from Belarus or Bahrein.

Cheers and Happy 2011 for everyone.

changes for 0.9.2 so far

- fixed a bug where staff reputation & PA/CA weren't editable
- fixed a bug where 'maximize all stats' wasn't always visible in player stats
- maximize player stats now sets dirtiness to 1 & aggression to 50
- maximize player stats now only sets goalkeeping stats to maximum if the player is a goalkeeper
- added a heal team button to club team view which removes injuries and fixes condition, fitness and morale
- fixed a bug loading humans
- fixed a bug loading lang_db.dat causing non-english selections to crash
- expanded contract inspector to include contract clause infos, new contract clauses and contract bonuses
- fixed some buggy GUI positioning
- fixed working with youngsters now on a 1-20 scale
- removed set pieces coach rating
- split goalkeeping coach rating into shot stopping and handling
- added initial 11.2 support

Hai Littleblue,

Its a frequently asked question, but when will the new version be out ? If your not going to release it tonight, I am gonna sleep at my girlfriends place, but when you release it tonight, I will stay home ;)

Thx for all your hard work !

I haven't really thanked the little one before.. But here it is: Thank you! I really admire what you've accomplished with your FM-apps.

And I'm really impressed of how you handle people in these forums. Most people behave really good, but some don't.

I just hope you don't devote too much of your time on this :)

Thank you again!

Is it wrong that I actually downloaded this before I started downloading the game on steam, and I am now getting fed up of waiting for the game to download so I can have a play with this! Well done LB, by enabling an in game creative side to the game, you keep me interested in this game year on year, and prevented me from wasting £'s on a PC just to use an editor. Also well done for getting a version available so early!

Is it wrong that I actually downloaded this before I started downloading the game on steam, and I am now getting fed up of waiting for the game to download so I can have a play with this! Well done LB, by enabling an in game creative side to the game, you keep me interested in this game year on year, and prevented me from wasting £'s on a PC just to use an editor. Also well done for getting a version available so early!

you'll have to be patient fella. The Steam version will arrive fully patched. LittleBlue is hard at work on the 11.2 update for FM11SX. For now though, you won't be able to use the editor with your game.

I'm sure she's fine...

I don't mean this to be rude, because I greatly appreciate LB's editor and I use it every year. But the same thing happens every year...a functional release comes out from LB, we all love it, use it and wait anxiously for the new (very key) features to be added to the editor. However, it takes a long time for these features to be added and by the time LB releases an update, FM has a new update that makes the editor almost irrelevant or incompatible. You have to choose whether to play with an earlier version of the game and LB's editor, or the new update with no editor (like now).

Then, by the time LB's final product comes out, we've had the game for six months and we're less giddy about playing the game. We've all played 500 games adding the same prospects, etc...

Yes, it's very frustrating and hard to be patient, but that's the reality of the situation for us Mac users. It's not great but it's a helluva lot better than the alternative: being a PC user!!

Huge thanks to LB for all her work ... but we wish she could be faster!! :)

with scouts like these being so popular, i dont know why SI doesnt include one on the game itself, as they include a pre game editor, why dont they go the next step?

because it's cheating?!

I'm sure she's fine...

I don't mean this to be rude, because I greatly appreciate LB's editor and I use it every year. But the same thing happens every year...a functional release comes out from LB, we all love it, use it and wait anxiously for the new (very key) features to be added to the editor. However, it takes a long time for these features to be added and by the time LB releases an update, FM has a new update that makes the editor almost irrelevant or incompatible. You have to choose whether to play with an earlier version of the game and LB's editor, or the new update with no editor (like now).

Then, by the time LB's final product comes out, we've had the game for six months and we're less giddy about playing the game. We've all played 500 games adding the same prospects, etc...

Yes, it's very frustrating and hard to be patient, but that's the reality of the situation for us Mac users. It's not great but it's a helluva lot better than the alternative: being a PC user!!

Huge thanks to LB for all her work ... but we wish she could be faster!! :)

At least she makes it. Without her we have NOTHING.

However, I would be OK with it if she didn't add any new features and just released a working version with each patch. Then in free time add the new features in. But honestly, I'm just glad we have something! Although next time I'm not patching FM until FMsx is updated!

because it's cheating?!

First I'd like to answer the OP. Technically SI do have scouting features in the game (the scouts of course). However, I think your question was more in terms of scouting the hidden aspects of the game. And although obviously the hidden data is hidden for a reason, I agree with you that a "scouting app" like their own editor really should be done.

As for the response that scouting is cheating. I think it's naive to think that the game is set up perfectly and that any alteration to the setup (including editors) is cheating. Typically those in power make the rules and rules are not necessarily golden. This game was created by humans who will always add some, well, human element to the game. What I mean is that the game is inherently "not evenly balanced".

I ran a few tests with FM2010 where (using the game's editor) I moved all the Man Utd players to Wigan and visa versa. I did the same with Chelsea players and Burnley (again this was FM2010 so they were in the EPL at the time). In both test seasons the better "named" team ended up in the top 3 while both Wigan and Burnley finished 18th. As good as managers Ferguson and Ancelotti are, I really doubt that Ferguson could take Wigan's players to a top 3 finish. Nor do I feel Martinez would be regulated with Man Utd's team.

It may be cheating but si give us a way to cheat via the pre game editor anyway. Also it's upto the player wether he wants to cheat or not. Some use this for the scout , some for the in game editor. Just annoys me that si make so many patches because of errors in the game that people like littleblue, when they realease programs , a month later and it's out of date. Si should really have their own in game editor as a part of the game I feel.

Archived