Fm11sx

littleblue50

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me see...it wasn't any contract details anyway. Just notched a few things up for some players and then I removed an injury on another one. I think that was it.

I'd hazard a guess that it had something to do with the injury removal. As mentioned, when I've had game crashes due to editing, it's usually around players and their availability for the club (loaned, etc.).

If you can and have the desire, see if you only make the attribute edits and leave the injury thing alone and see if the game crashes again.

Side note to LB: I sent you an email (hopefully) better explaining the changes needed for the Coaches Star Ratings, however if you want me to make the changes and commit them I'm cool with that. Just let me know. I'm also done with the first take on the Player Role/Position Ratings (but please note it is VERY raw and will probably need lots of tweaks to the formulas). I'll send you an email on that after I watch the Birmingham/Tottenham match.

I am having an idiot issue with myself.. When I try to save my changes it tells me 'Only Non-Compressed games can be saved'. Can anyone direct me as to what I'm meant to do and how to change my game to non-compressed? Sorry I'm just not very good at this stuff!

In the game, go to preferences, and uncheck compress saved games. I don't know if that's exactly what it says as I play in spanish language, but you'll find it easily!

Essentially we're building a feature that will analyze player's attributes and then give ratings (1-5 stars) for the effectiveness a player can play a particular role. There are 33 roles that an outfield player can play within a tactic (that's not including the sub-roles of Attacking, Defending, or Support). That's a bunch and quite frankly too many to work with. So I've "narrowed" it down to the what I believe are the mainly used 26 roles. These are:

Striker (5): Target, Deep Lying Fwd, Advanced Fwd, Poacher and Trequarista

AMC (4): Inside Fwd, Attacking Mid, Advanced Playmaker, and Trequarista

AMR/L (3): Winger, Inside Fwd, and Advanced Playmaker

MC (4): Central Mid, Advanced Playmaker, Deep Lying Playmaker, and Ball Winning Mid

MR/L (2): Winger and Wide Mid

DMC (3): DMC, Deep Lying Playmaker, and Anchor Man

DR/L (2): Full Back and Wing Back

DC(3): Stopper, Cover, and standard CB

I have not yet tackled GK and the remaining roles that I excluded from the above list may in the future be added in. But these are the primary roles that most game players will utilize. Yes I know I am missing a couple that certain folks might feel are primary roles, but I had to draw the line somewhere and sorry but this is where it was drawn. So for roles like Sweeper or Defensive Winger, well, we are just going to have to wait for now.

Each of these roles require different talents or more accurately different ratings in certain attributes. A Target Striker for example must have excellent strength and be a great header but doesn't really need to be quick or have great marking or tackling skills.

Each role/position of those 26 main ones was given a defined set of key attributes. And those key attributes have been ranked because some of the attributes are more important than others, even though a large group of attributes are needed, or valuable if you will, for the specific role/position. So I've done a weighted average of the attributes by assigning them a value (a multiplier). With the total value of all attributes required for a particular role/position equal (i.e., all 26 roles total to 10).

Let's look at Target Striker again as an example.

The key Physical Attributes are:

Balance (0.3)

Strength (0.9)

Jumping (0.9)

The key Technique Attributes are:

Technique (0.5)

First Touch (0.9)

Finishing (0.5)

Passing (0.5)

Heading (0.9)

The key Mental Attributes are:

Creativity (0.5)

Anticipation (0.6)

Decisions (0.2)

Off The Ball (0.2)

Composure (0.5)

Bravery (0.7)

The key Background Attributes are:

Work Rate (0.6)

Determination (0.7)

Teamwork (0.6)

As you can see, each attribute has a value next to it. That is the multiplier which is, well, multiplied by the player's attribute value. All of their attributes will then be multiplied by these values and the result is summed. So if someone has a value of 12 for Balance then the calculation will be 12 * 0.3 = 3.6 for Balance, that would then be added to whatever the calculation is for Strength, Jumping, Technique, First Touch, and so on.

The final result will be some number between 0-200. All 26 roles/positions are calculated and then the highest value is technically the best role/position for the player's particular skill set.

However, players of course cannot play every outfield position (or at least 99.999% of them can't). So a "point deduction" has to be done for players that are not natural or accomplished at the position. For example, John Terry will get a rating for being a Target Striker but is not even rated (by the game) for the striker position. So he will have a point deduction for those positions he is not rated for. This way defenders don't end up having Target Striker listed as their best position.

Well that's basically it. There's a lot of work needed to actually get it coded into FMSX, so please be patient. But any comments or questions are welcome.

May I ask which file is actually the edited save? The over-save file or the one with 'name Original' save?

thanks

As MonsterMasch says. The one called "xxxxx Original" is a backup of your original file prior to any edits. A nice safety feature that LB put in.

Amy i have a look inside ... and i understand where i could put my hand for graphic change ... could i do something and show you when i do? i have some ideas ;-)

Marco

sure! :)

(off topic btw...)just won a trip to a movie premiere in London on monday with accomm, travel and spending money!!! woohoo! I never win anything lol!!

(back on topic...)expect a nice big update next week (got a week off work so spending some time on SX again) :)

sure! :)

(off topic btw...)just won a trip to a movie premiere in London on monday with accomm, travel and spending money!!! woohoo! I never win anything lol!!

(back on topic...)expect a nice big update next week (got a week off work so spending some time on SX again) :)

Really lucky you ... i will be in london in Jan finally ... i miss london so much have to back again :D

Wow, I've been really busy for quite some time with work and life in general, so I haven't really kept up with the development of 11SX. All I can say is WOW! LB is doing an awesome job and this edition of the editor has come together really quickly. I can't wait to thoroughly test it out soon!

Thank you again, LB, and congrats on the movie premiere!

EDIT: Some notes that I think could improve the usability of the editor:

1. The Maximize All Stats button should set a player's aggression to something like 60-75 and dirtiness to 1. I think that everyone can pretty much agree that a perfect player with max stats would not be a dirty, over-aggressive scumbag.

2. While the tab key works to switch from box to box on the Player Stats screen, it does not for (at least) Player Data

3. The default window size of the app hides the Maximize All Stats button

4. When using the Maximize All Stats button to edit a non-goalkeeper, the app should detect that the player's goalkeeping stats do not need to be increased to all 20s

Again, in its current form, the app is fantastic and I'm grateful that LB got it running so quickly; I just think that these four things will increase the efficiency of the app.

Hi LB first of all thank you very much for this application (both the 2010 version as the 2011 version). I think you did a wonderfull job. I do however have a question, although I assume that maybe it has been asked before but I couldnt find the answer on the forum. When I take a player from my team i do current ability on 175 and potential on 200. And thereby i press on "maximize all", after some matches I see a decrease in the stats. Why is that and can it be solved?

Hi Moechie,

I may not be LB, but I think I can answer your question nonetheless. The game is programmed to not allow anyone to maintain so-called "perfect" stats of all 20s, so they naturally decrease over time. That said, even a player with all 15s and 16s will still win the Ballon d'Or each year, so it isn't necessarily a huge deal.

No disrespect to arg, but I think he's got it wrong :

I think the CA is calculated from the individual abilities.

So if you set CA to say 170, but set individual abilities to a total that would make the CA exceed 170, the abilities will decrease in order to fit the CA of the player.

I may be wrong though...

Actually you're both right.

Krillz is correct in that the attributes setting can exceed the actual CA and thus would not show to the higher number you set. And this is a key point to attributes in general. The attributes themselves DO NOT total up to 200. If you take all attributes at 20 and add them up it's a much higher number. So even if you set all of them to 20 they won't actually be there.

Further, all attributes are not equal. What I mean is that there is some unknown formula that "weights" some attributes more than others. So that if you move attribute "A" up from say 15 to 18, while also moving attribute "B" the same (from 15 to 18), attribute "A" may eat up more of the CA.

arg is also correct in that attributes degrade over time. We clearly see this in players past their prime, I don't say "older" because at 46, all these guys are "kids" to me.

;)

AND some attributes will also degrade based on the training (or lack thereof) that the player is getting.

I'm sure you've noticed...but saves wont load since the 11.2 patch today. Apparently they changed the database schema or something....dummies.

BTW, I am an actual professional software engineer and I must applaud your novice attempt at software. Well done.

I would write my own application, but since I am a software engineer all day at work I don't want to be one when I go home.

EDIT: Some notes that I think could improve the usability of the editor:

1. The Maximize All Stats button should set a player's aggression to something like 60-75 and dirtiness to 1. I think that everyone can pretty much agree that a perfect player with max stats would not be a dirty, over-aggressive scumbag.

2. While the tab key works to switch from box to box on the Player Stats screen, it does not for (at least) Player Data

3. The default window size of the app hides the Maximize All Stats button

4. When using the Maximize All Stats button to edit a non-goalkeeper, the app should detect that the player's goalkeeping stats do not need to be increased to all 20s

all implemented for 0.9.2 - thanks for the feedback :)

I agree with you on the dirtiness. But I don't think a 100 for aggression is bad if the guy has a 1 for dirtiness. I mean, he would be a guy who basically wanted to dominate everyone with class. I wouldn't mind that :)

jonnie - try http://code.google.com/p/fmsx/downloads/list if you cant dl from fmscout

everyone - i promised a few people 0.9.2 would be out this weekend....but then on thursday i got flu :( Having not eaten in 4 days and being in agony, logging onto the internet for 10 minutes here and there to prevent myself going mad is the best i can manage - coding is impossible (as anyone whos ever had flu can attest too). So apologies and it will be out as soon as Im no longer dying. (for all you literalists, Im not *actually* dying as far as I know but I may as well be lol)

...now back to bed :)

jonnie - try http://code.google.com/p/fmsx/downloads/list if you cant dl from fmscout

everyone - i promised a few people 0.9.2 would be out this weekend....but then on thursday i got flu :( Having not eaten in 4 days and being in agony, logging onto the internet for 10 minutes here and there to prevent myself going mad is the best i can manage - coding is impossible (as anyone whos ever had flu can attest too). So apologies and it will be out as soon as Im no longer dying. (for all you literalists, Im not *actually* dying as far as I know but I may as well be lol)

...now back to bed :)

Oh that sucks! I know how you feel! I hate to ask, but do you have any idea when it will be released? Don't want you to feel rushed, just wondering how much the flu has set ya back! :)

I was reading through issues and came across something that was mentioned long ago for FM10SX regarding changing the "natural/accomplished/etc." values for a player's position. The crux of what is being reported is that after editing positions (say, changing a natural AML to be natural at both AML and AMR) the change would disappear after a few matches or a few weeks.

I've done some minor tests and I think I may (but that's a big may) have cracked it. Let me be clear and state that what I'm saying here is NOT a fact, it's just my guesstimate of the issue after running a few (far too few, really) tests. Much more research will be needed to really know what causes the issue.

Regardless, I certainly don't think it's an editor issue. Instead, I think there is some hard coded values for the player's original positions (I mean prior to us doing any editing of a player). And so what we are editing is in fact the values that a player could, within the game itself, just learn to play a new position. Everyone should know that within the game you can have a player learn a new position or enhance his knowledge of a position he can already play (for example, if he's "competent" you can turn him into "accomplished" and then "natural" with training). You can have the player within the game be a natural at AML and then try to have him learn to become natural as an AMR (if he isn't already of course). And I think that this "learned position" is the value we are in fact editing.

What I feel this means is that if you edit a player to be natural at a position he was not originally natural at, he will automatically degrade from being "natural" over time (just as he would in the game if he "learned" the new position).

However, I also believe there is a workaround to this. The attribute "versatility" accounts for the ability of a player to learn a new position or tactic (how quickly they learn, how long the new learning lasts, etc.). So if you also edit this attribute to "20" (of course in FMSX I mean set it to 100), this will help to keep whatever edits you've made to the player's position (my example above, setting a natural AML to be natural at both AML and AMR).

Again, this is just a guess at this point but I believe this may be the issue and certainly editing the versatility attribute isn't going to hurt. So if you are editing a player's natural position, you may want to give this a try and see what happens.

littleblue50 - I looked through the new features on google code and I had an idea for another one (although I would rather it not be in this iteration so that you guys can release what you've been working on sooner). My idea is for the Scout - Can it possibly save your filter settings so that we don't have to set up a filter every time we scout? I generally use the scout feature to filter all players by Age under 21 and PA above 170. It takes time to set this up every time. It would be a beneficial feature IMO. Of course, it's not crucial and I'm willing to wait so that it won't delay the next release. Oh yeah, and would you guys mind another developer who's willing to help out every now and then in his spare time? :)

Once again, thanks for all your hard work!

littleblue50 - I looked through the new features on google code and I had an idea for another one (although I would rather it not be in this iteration so that you guys can release what you've been working on sooner). My idea is for the Scout - Can it possibly save your filter settings so that we don't have to set up a filter every time we scout? I generally use the scout feature to filter all players by Age under 21 and PA above 170. It takes time to set this up every time. It would be a beneficial feature IMO. Of course, it's not crucial and I'm willing to wait so that it won't delay the next release. Oh yeah, and would you guys mind another developer who's willing to help out every now and then in his spare time? :)

Once again, thanks for all your hard work!

This is a great idea and (I think) fairly easy to implement.

I know LB appreciates any help she can get. My coding ability is pretty basic, so my contributions are more ideas and examples of implementations which then she writes as "real" code. But one of the things that I love about LB of is how open she is to adding new stuff or changing stuff in her project. Of course if it's something that doesn't make sense or is just significantly difficult to implement she'll push back, but 9 times out of 10 she's able to add things people suggest, which I think is totally cool.

HI is this 11.2.1 compatible I just downloaded 11.2.1 then tried to open fm11sx and the game file wouldn't open with a box opening saying incompatible database version - 1572. thanks

The database changed with the 11.2.x updates. They are coding away as we speak to update this to make it compatible with the changes.

I know LB appreciates any help she can get. My coding ability is pretty basic, so my contributions are more ideas and examples of implementations which then she writes as "real" code. But one of the things that I love about LB of is how open she is to adding new stuff or changing stuff in her project. Of course if it's something that doesn't make sense or is just significantly difficult to implement she'll push back, but 9 times out of 10 she's able to add things people suggest, which I think is totally cool.

My whole this is want this to come out asap because it is unusable at this point. I would rather them fix the issue with the database and release it rather than add new features. That way at least we can use it while the new features are being added.

Quote Originally Posted by smgran:

My whole this is want this to come out asap because it is unusable at this point. I would rather them fix the issue with the database and release it rather than add new features. That way at least we can use it while the new features are being added. .

Actually, just looked at the code and tried to see just how easy it is to save filter settings. Unfortunately, I realized that it's not quite as simple as I first thought.

FMSX loads a game file which of course has bits of data related to the game you are running in FM2011. FMSX then can use some different bits of data to look at the game file's bits of data (searches, etc.). But to save what FMSX is using inside the game file that FM2011 is using would most likely not work.

That being said, FMSX could have some preset filters assuming there were some, let's call them "standard searches", that the majority of FMSX users would find useful.

As far as getting to 11.2.x compatibility, well obviously LB will be working that issue first. And as you say, she's already working on that.

However, I use, like you, the same searches over and over again. So I do believe your idea has great merit. But as mentioned, I think it would have to be hard coded into FMSX in the form of standard searches and that means a little more universality and a little less individuality. Naturally, people would still be able to make very individual and specific searches but some form of preset searches would, again IMO, be cool.

Actually, just looked at the code and tried to see just how easy it is to save filter settings. Unfortunately, I realized that it's not quite as simple as I first thought.

FMSX loads a game file which of course has bits of data related to the game you are running in FM2011. FMSX then can use some different bits of data to look at the game file's bits of data (searches, etc.). But to save what FMSX is using inside the game file that FM2011 is using would most likely not work.

That being said, FMSX could have some preset filters assuming there were some, let's call them "standard searches", that the majority of FMSX users would find useful.

As far as getting to 11.2.x compatibility, well obviously LB will be working that issue first. And as you say, she's already working on that.

However, I use, like you, the same searches over and over again. So I do believe your idea has great merit. But as mentioned, I think it would have to be hard coded into FMSX in the form of standard searches and that means a little more universality and a little less individuality. Naturally, people would still be able to make very individual and specific searches but some form of preset searches would, again IMO, be cool.

No, it wouldn't have to be hard coded searches. You just need to save a file other than the game file somewhere on the hard drive and reload it every time the app is opened. It's pretty standard, although I never assumed this would be an easy request because as far as I know, it doesn't have the capability to save a file other than the file it already saves.

No, it wouldn't have to be hard coded searches. You just need to save a file other than the game file somewhere on the hard drive and reload it every time the app is opened. It's pretty standard, although I never assumed this would be an easy request because as far as I know, it doesn't have the capability to save a file other than the file it already saves.

Well, let me rephrase what I said.

The easiest implementation of your idea would be hard coded preset searches in FMSX.

Yes, I thought about the concept of adding "helper" files. Actually LB does do some saving of non game files currently (shortlists, etc.), but those are for use within FM2011. I still think the best (because it is so easy to add) way would be to have 5-10 preset searches.

The ability to save, load and use user created searches would be cooler, but (once again, IMO) more coding than it's worth.

Well, let me rephrase what I said.

The easiest implementation of your idea would be hard coded preset searches in FMSX.

Yes, I thought about the concept of adding "helper" files. Actually LB does do some saving of non game files currently (shortlists, etc.), but those are for use within FM2011. I still think the best (because it is so easy to add) way would be to have 5-10 preset searches.

The ability to save, load and use user created searches would be cooler, but (once again, IMO) more coding than it's worth.

I was thinking just automatically saving the last search they use for now. This would mean no changes to the GUI would be necessary (which is usually what takes the longest from my experience). It would take about an hour at most if I were familiar with the language.

Eventually support could be added to create and select from a list of queries, but that would take much longer than the simple change I was talking about.

But the quick and easier change would be all I needed to get by :)

Btw IMHO it's rarely a good idea to hard code stuff like this.

Archived