FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've played through January and after about 5 attempts to negotiate with Tevez's agent I gave up the ghost. I'm even on his agent's disliked personnel :p His demands are now up to 250k+, looks like only Barca/Real can afford him. Had I not annoyed his agent I think its possible to get him for around 140k-150k, if you want him and don't mind having him on more than Torres and Gerrard.

Anyway I signed Eden Hazard instead for 16m so I'm over 20m in the red by February with a huge wage bill, really need to make the final of the Europa for some cash, but I look pretty solid to make top 4. No chance of the title Arsenal have only lost 1 match all season.

Torres has been crocked a lot but Babacar is developing very quickly and has 2 hattricks to his name already. I really can't recommend him highly enough.

Evening All,

Just thought I'd share my early progress before the real game kicks off!

Managed to sell:

Babel - Villareal - 7mil

Maxi - Shaktar - 5mil

Mavinga - West Ham - 250k +40%

Itandje - Besiktas - 675k*

*Crazily the fans are disappointed with the sale as they thought he had something to offer the team :O

1 Purchase - but it's a goody :D

Bale - Spurs - 16.5mil!!

Been trying to unsettle Wilshere, Walcott & Rodwell with huge bids but no bites yet! Tried to loan Aaron Ramsey with a 11mil buyout clause and got rebuffed with them wanting a 63mil buyout clause!!

Been playing the narrow 4-2-3-1

GK Reina

DR Johnson

DLC Agger

DRC Carra

DL Bale

MC Lucas

MC Miereles (great corner taker = decent assists = good form)

AMC Cole

AMC Gerrard

AMC Kuyt

SC Torres

Pacheco, Wilson, Shelvey, N'gog all getting good minutes and contributing (especially Pacheco)

P4 W3 (Blackpool H, Spurs A, Bolton H) D1 Wigan Away :(

Europe so far has been easy - FYR & Hibs.

Time for a breather and I'll tinker with the tactics ahead of my next session.

Going to really trim down and let contracts expire - prune down the salaries and sell wherever possible and then buy 1 big player (Real M. style) every transfer window or so. (least thats the plan!!)

Come on you Redmen

YNWA

How did you manage to get bale so cheap?

Is that considered cheap?

All my offers are cash up front and with a % of next sale. I don't believe in paying over 48months unless I have no other choice.

I've read some people get offered Wilshere for 5mil??? Having bid about 3x that on about 10 different occasions, I somehow doubt I'll get that sort of deal!!

Is prising Rodwell away a smart move? I'm really trying where possible to add more domestic based talent and when I can't I'll go shopping in Spain.

Had 27.5mil for Mata accepted... agent wanted 6mil and signing on fee of 8mil..... to sign the real big boys is going to be near on impossible. I was hoping for Mata or Aguero as my monster Marquee signing next summer. Think I'll have to get rid of some more dead wood in January and see what Mr. Henry will give me to spend!!

In my first season i finished 6.th. Nando was injured almost the whole season with a broken leg. I played 4-2-3-1 and signed Hazard, Santa Cruz, Cassano, Aogo, Lukaku and Kadlec. In the European League it went wrong. We lost to Bayer Leverkusen in the quarter-finals. This was not a priority. In the FA Cup it was much better. There, we won!

Im looking forward for the next season. The goal is to win the league!

Congratulations every Liverpool supporter with the triumph against Chelsea today! YNWA!

[quote=Bill Shankly;6090182

]Is prising Rodwell away a smart move? I'm really trying where possible to add more domestic based talent and when I can't I'll go shopping in Spain.

I have a feeling the Liverpool faithful, would have a big problem with you signing a player from a same City Rivalry team! You could sign someone from Chelsea I think without them caring to much, but when your after a player from a team that features in such a rivalry as ours.. They're not going to be happy

Good morning lads what a match by Torres his armband proves hes a red hes back as are Liverpool FC.Im downloading the game on steam so i can unlock the aciv if hope i can carry on my old save if not ill start again.

Just a quick update but had a succesful season winning the premiership, mainly due to other clubs underperforming and won europa league. Lost in League cup final to Chelsea and FA cup semi final to chelsea.

Managed to get 2 bargains, David Silva for £8 mill and Pastore for £10.5 mill, for next season.

Cant argue with that.

Alright Lads.

On for the night now (apart from MOTD 2 want to watch the game again)

Always makes me chuckle when the Terry's mam chant gets rolled out

Love it

In my first season i finished 6.th. Nando was injured almost the whole season with a broken leg. I played 4-2-3-1 and signed Hazard, Santa Cruz, Cassano, Aogo, Lukaku and Kadlec. In the European League it went wrong. We lost to Bayer Leverkusen in the quarter-finals. This was not a priority. In the FA Cup it was much better. There, we won!

Im looking forward for the next season. The goal is to win the league!

Congratulations every Liverpool supporter with the triumph against Chelsea today! YNWA!

Well done on the FA Cup win

Just a quick update but had a succesful season winning the premiership, mainly due to other clubs underperforming and won europa league. Lost in League cup final to Chelsea and FA cup semi final to chelsea.

Managed to get 2 bargains, David Silva for £8 mill and Pastore for £10.5 mill.

Cant argue with that.

Well done

How should I play hazard as an AML and also how are people being offered wilshere for cheap?

I just got offered him by an agent for £5M snapped his friggin hand off although dont know where am going to play him

Ok lads im off to work good luck in your games

Cya mate

I've stated well with Liverpool, i'm currently 2nd in the league after 5 games, i'm not getting too carried away though. Here is my transfers i made.transfers.jpg

Good luck with the season

YEAH. SO. UM.

YESTERDAYS RESULT???????

TORRES, TORRES!

His armband proved he was a red,

Torres, Torres!

You'll never walk alone it said,

Torres! Torres!

We bought the lad from sunny Spain,

he gets the ball he scores again!

Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number 9

:D:D:D

Alright ladies and gentleman. Been a keen stalker of the boards since I purchased FM11 purely to try and get myself attached with the game. I've started a career with my beloved Liverpool and quickly adopted the "build for the future" approach therefore the only player I've sold so far is Soti- hard, but he was the weakest of a defence made of Agger, Carra, Skrtel and Wilson so I had to cash in.

I've brought in Arturo Vidal (£11M) to contain the CMD position, Fabio Coentrao (£3M - couldn't believe this!!) for the already-weak left back position and Arda Turan (£7.5) to give me a little more technical width on the right. These 3 acquisitions should offer me a stronghold for the first season. I'll slowly bring some of the younger lads in to the mix as some of you have done already (Wilson, Pacheco, Shelvey) so overtime I can get rid of the so called "dead woods", i.e. Poulson, Babel but for now I'll keep them here just so the squad doesn't suffer too much.

This leaves me with some money left in the transfer budget and therefore I'll concentrate on revamping my staff. I've already let a few scouts go (I couldn't for the life of me rid of Daglish even though let's be honest, he's not the best scout in the whole wide world :( ). I have set my scouts to try and obtain all the best group of lads aged between 15-25 throughout the world. (Daglish has settled with the U18's in England). Now I'll spend a couple minutes revamping my coaching staff- I want to try and settle with at least 4 stars in each section of training....effffort.

I've set up with a 4-2-3-1, the results in pre-season haven't been too bad. Training has also been customized.

Just also had to sack Sammy Lee

After a match I had unfortunately lost to Lille, In France - I was abit down in the dumps, and decided I didn't want to face the press. So I asked Sammy to take my place at the conference.

Journalist : " So Sammy, with Premier Division very tight this far into the season, who can you see winning the league"

Sammy: "Manchester United are a certainty for the Title"

FIRED!

Offered Gerrard a Player/Assistant manager role :D

After a match I had unfortunately lost to Lille, In France - I was abit down in the dumps, and decided I didn't want to face the press. So I asked Sammy to take my place at the conference.

Journalist : " So Sammy, with Premier Division very tight this far into the season, who can you see winning the league"

FIRED!

What season are you in?

Alright ladies and gentleman. Been a keen stalker of the boards since I purchased FM11 purely to try and get myself attached with the game. I've started a career with my beloved Liverpool and quickly adopted the "build for the future" approach therefore the only player I've sold so far is Soti- hard, but he was the weakest of a defence made of Agger, Carra, Skrtel and Wilson so I had to cash in.

I've brought in Arturo Vidal (£11M) to contain the CMD position, Fabio Coentrao (£3M - couldn't believe this!!) for the already-weak left back position and Arda Turan (£7.5) to give me a little more technical width on the right. These 3 acquisitions should offer me a stronghold for the first season. I'll slowly bring some of the younger lads in to the mix as some of you have done already (Wilson, Pacheco, Shelvey) so overtime I can get rid of the so called "dead woods", i.e. Poulson, Babel but for now I'll keep them here just so the squad doesn't suffer too much.

This leaves me with some money left in the transfer budget and therefore I'll concentrate on revamping my staff. I've already let a few scouts go (I couldn't for the life of me rid of Daglish even though let's be honest, he's not the best scout in the whole wide world :( ). I have set my scouts to try and obtain all the best group of lads aged between 15-25 throughout the world. (Daglish has settled with the U18's in England). Now I'll spend a couple minutes revamping my coaching staff- I want to try and settle with at least 4 stars in each section of training....effffort.

I've set up with a 4-2-3-1, the results in pre-season haven't been too bad. Training has also been customized.

Good luck with the save and welcome :)

Wow, what a goal!

I always hold onto Sammy Lee. He never has said anything stupid for me.

Same here i use to always replace him with Di Salvio on fm10 but never really bothered this time although i still might change him in the future

Just lost in the League Cup Quarter Final to Ipswich!

I put out the worst team I have done all season, that included

Brad Jones

Victor Palsson

Martin Kelly

Luc Caistagnos

Pacheco

Suso

Usually Play a fair bit of experience with these youth players, but thought that being at home and playing a Championship team, would be alright for me to play these guys. Just didn't step up!

P.S - Pacheco couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo

Just lost in the League Cup Quarter Final to Ipswich!

I put out the worst team I have done all season, that included

Brad Jones

Victor Palsson

Martin Kelly

Luc Caistagnos

Pacheco

Suso

Usually Play a fair bit of experience with these youth players, but thought that being at home and playing a Championship team, would be alright for me to play these guys. Just didn't step up!

P.S - Pacheco couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo

Cupsets do happen! Unfortunate though. Just a quick one lads, but have you guys found any decent graphics to spice the game up yet?

FIRED!

I just signed carra as player/fitness coach, and gerrard as player/coach

Archived