FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

i'm in my first season and currently 1st in premier league. I got knocked out on euro cup by OM. Kinda feel that I should have won that one.

I bought

andy carrol -> 5 m but his scoring still under ngog

marc albrighton->15 m 5 upfront, 5 in 48 months and 5 after 30 league appearances. kinda disappointed with him tough, I hope he can develop more on the technical and mental side

van der wiel->excellent one. I put him as left defender and did very well

alan dzagoev->this one should be a good attacking midfielder for the future.

as you might expect gerrard and torres are beyond anything you hoped for. They are absolutely the best. Surprisingly I use shelvey quite often and he didn't disappoint me too much.

Good luck with the save

Just started my game now, first thing was to get a new assistant manager and found this guy, what do you think?

assistantmanager.jpg

Nice find

Ive agreed to sign Afellay on a free but i have loads of MC/AMC's will have to get rid of a few

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a shame that my management abilitys are not legendary, approaching the january window and not even in the europa league spots. i can see myself getting sacked before the end of the season if this continues, currently losing 2-0 to tottenham at anfield.

took joe cole off for suso 80th minute, susos first touch plays dzeko through on goal 2-1 tottenham 10 minutes left. c'mon boys do it!

is it the same for you lot if your strikers dont score in a game both their morale instantly plummets into the red?

Never noticed will have a look if they dont score

This thread is nothing short of legendary. Thanks everyone!

No worries

Torres out for rest of season :( 4/5months

Ouch unlucky mate

im currently struggling to get into the european spots, im likely to get sacked :D

Keep going mate

Signed Tevez from city in jan for 9.5 and my good the man is SUPER!!!!!

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/683/tevezg.png

I got offered him for £13.5M but didnt have any money i think its a bit mad the way players like Tevez and Wilshere are TL

Am off anyway catch everyone later cya later lads

Guys, when it says I become complacement against lower reputation teams - does anyone know how I can change that? I can't seem to get them composed against smaller clubs.

I just tend to encourage them to be honest. That way they can go out and push for another goal.

Wow talk about bad luck in the first game of my season.

FulhamvLiverpoolLiverpool__Tactics.png

How and how much did you pay for Mata??

Burton 0 N'gog 4 in the q/f of the League Cup - i've had a **** easy draw (haven't met a Prem team yet and hope to draw Burnley in the semi :D

Toni Silva debut in this match too and a great assist to boot. He is looking very promising. Suso came on 2nd half but yet to see any magic from him. Jack Robinson got some mins at LB too. Chelsea and Man City always enquiring about him so I guess he continues to develop nicely.

Burton 0 N'gog 4 in the q/f of the League Cup - i've had a **** easy draw (haven't met a Prem team yet and hope to draw Burnley in the semi :D

Burton????!!!!

How on earth did they get that far!!!

I have 11 points lead over chelsea with 4 games to go. FA cup final against man utd as well. Anyone can give me an advice on training because Andy carroll, ngog, shelvey all didn't improve much. All of my training schedule are heavy with separate training schedule for each position.

Nice pick up.

I'm off to sleep now (1am in Japan).... just went to check my players stats and Gerrard is only showing for me as having played 2 games all season?? In the next news report it says its between him and Rooney for player of the year and in the Prem stats page he is showing as 11 goals, av. 7.64 etc

(Side note - shame Sammy Lee voted for Rooney judging by his PR - knobber) Any ideas where his stats mightve gone or is this a known bug?

its a shame that my management abilitys are not legendary, approaching the january window and not even in the europa league spots. i can see myself getting sacked before the end of the season if this continues, currently losing 2-0 to tottenham at anfield.

took joe cole off for suso 80th minute, susos first touch plays dzeko through on goal 2-1 tottenham 10 minutes left. c'mon boys do it!

Hehe, how your failure always cheers me up :p ... **** it, as long as you can turn youth into world class players you'll always be remembered ;)

So start of second season and I won the Community Shield on penalties vs Chelsea. Also won the Euro Super Cup vs Lyon. Was really lucky to win that but a wins a win.

I shal post my transfers in and out in abit.

Kyrgiakos has just become a coach \o/ January of first season, offering him a new contract as player/coach now

Got Carra to become a coach on mine. Gerrard can also become a coach.

Though the stats seem fairly random, did a few reloads to test this.

Aquilani is annoying again this year. Juve bid 9m for him so I negotiated to the agreed price and they pulled out. Now the best offer I can get is 5m.

Yeh I only got £5.5 mill and im still paying abit of his wages but he needed to go.

how would you play torres and dzeko up front? I am thinking torres as advanced forward and dzeko as complete (support).

I would have 1 of them dropping off to link the midfield. Iv never had dzeko but Id imagine hed do that job better.

I'm gonna load up in a minute I think... Don't really want to though :L I'm doing abysmally. I was literally like 2 points behind united with 2 games in hand over them, and I've squandered my opportunites! Tactic is failing, Torres is out, should of bought bigger name players at beginning of the game! F' my life

I'm gonna load up in a minute I think... Don't really want to though :L I'm doing abysmally. I was literally like 2 points behind united with 2 games in hand over them, and I've squandered my opportunites! Tactic is failing, Torres is out, should of bought bigger name players at beginning of the game! F' my life

That's the beauty of the game! Anything above 4th should be seen as progress really anyway, fix your errors in your second season.

^

Yeah I've had it go both ways for me in last year's game. In one year I completely blew a lead and ended up finishing third. In another it was a neck and neck race and a bunch of guys went out with injuries but a 33 year old Steven Gerrard rallied the troops and literally carried the team for the last 7-8 games scoring I think 10-11 goals and 6-7 assists. His rating average close to 8.5-9 for the last 5 games. Very fun to see that happen.

Anyways I'm in mid November 2010 and Steven Defour hasn't settled in very well at all for me. Right now he gets the odd Europa group match and occasionally comes on late in games if we're up by enough. Hazard is just doing average for me but I'm not worried seeing as he's only 19.

Coentrao has been a stud and Toivonen is a capable back up. Babacar is tearing up the reserves and U18 league and will be getting some looks pretty soon and Kevin seems to be a good player as well. Unfortunately I've got no money to spend in the winter window if something goes terribly wrong.

Welcome back to the game Roonini!

Only tips really are, Bring In A Good left back, probably Coentrao, as I'm sure you've seen everybody else choose him. Awesome player. Also get shut of some dead wood like, babel, itandje, poulsen, konchesky if you can, usually a loan move for konchesky and poulsen will be appealing to teams and most will over you a money deal with an option to buy.

Archived