Last 16 - Spain v Portugal, BBC1, 7.30 BST/8.30 CET

bomma

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain should take off Busquets or Iniesta and bring Llorente on. Villa has played on the left all game, Fernando Torres has played on the right quite a lot and there has been no-one in the middle. Bring Llorente on and play Villa and Fernando Torres off him. Iniesta has had a poor game, Busquet's once again has hardly been needed defensively because Portugal attack down the flanks and not through the centre so I would take him off rather than Iniesta. Llorente would act as a decoy, defenders would be distracted by his presence and this would give Villa & Fernando Torres more space and freedom from slightly deeper positions.

Spain should take off Busquets or Iniesta and bring Llorente on. Villa has played on the left all game, Fernando Torres has played on the right quite a lot and there has been no-one in the middle. Bring Llorente on and play Villa and Fernando Torres off him. Iniesta has had a poor game, Busquet's once again has hardly been needed defensively because Portugal attack down the flanks and not through the centre so I would take him off rather than Iniesta. Llorente would act as a decoy, defenders would be distracted by his presence and this would give Villa & Fernando Torres more space and freedom from slightly deeper positions.

What would be the use when Torres seems to be unable to even control a ball when he would be straight through on goal

What would be the use when Torres seems to be unable to even control a ball when he would be straight through on goal

Or take Busquets off and Llorente on, and Fernando Torres off and Pedro on. Pedro is better as a right sided attacker than Fernando Torres after all. Definately should get Llorente or Pedro on though.

They should bring off Busquets and bring on Emilio Butragueño, tbh.

Game looks good so far, with something called 'tactics' (listening, Fabio?) winning the day for Portugal against a technically superior opposition.

Could get very interesting...

They were some fantastic trousers.

:D. They were pretty funky to be fair, apart from the emblem ;].

Boring game so far(sorry but it is!). Torres needs to shape up already, though I see a goal from a fumble/bounce from these "wobbly" Ronaldo freekicks.

I am a neutral to this game :).

Archived