Last 16 - Spain v Portugal, BBC1, 7.30 BST/8.30 CET

bomma

Costa barely touched him. Capdevilla was on the verge of getting up before he saw the ref coming over, when he quickly went back to rolling around on the floor. The ref was dreadful for the whole game, let the game flow yes, but also missed blatant fouls.

Villa was offside too, only just but definitely off.

The only thing should have happened there is a yellow card to the diving cheat. I'm so incredibly fed up with this ****. That's two incorrect red cards Spain's opponents have gotten thanks to diving.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Spain pretty much got everything spot on..

They have a solid defence and a very good attacking line up. Torres, despite being poor, will benefit from the 60 (?) mins that he got and if he can build on that, will only get better for it.

Villa is incredible, though. Out of position and he is looking every bit the best player at the tournament.

The only thing should have happened there is a yellow card to the diving cheat. I'm so incredibly fed up with this ****. That's two incorrect red cards Spain's opponents have gotten thanks to diving.

I dont like Torres but he didnt dive for chiles red card, his heel blatently got clipped, it was a foul, accidental and not deserving of a second yellow maybe ( but the player in question should have recieved a second yellow earlier ) but wasnt a dive, although torres made a meal of it for sure after he went down

The second incident, costa blatently throws out an elbow towards capdevilla, even looking round for him, whether he made contact is debateable as i havent seen many replays ( especially not good quality ones ) to say one way or another, but the intent was there and it was a red card irrespective of whether he made contact or not

Thought Spain pretty much got everything spot on..

They have a solid defence and a very good attacking line up. Torres, despite being poor, will benefit from the 60 (?) mins that he got and if he can build on that, will only get better for it.

Villa is incredible, though. Out of position and he is looking every bit the best player at the tournament.

The WC so far has just been about Torres getting match practice ;)

What cms186 said regarding Spain's opponents red cards. Torres was ridiculous but a second yellow isn't completely unwarranted. I'm still not sure Costa tried to hit Capdevilla but if he did then the red is fully deserved. The ref obviously thought it was intentional and Costa will obviously say that it wasn't so we'll never know for sure.

Archived