Slovenia vs USA, Group C, BBC1, 3pm kickoff

Philip Rolfe

I think either a draw or win for Slovenia. We will beat Slovenia in our last game I think and could overtake at the top of the group. If Slovenia win they have 6 points and hopefully we have four. USA on 1 and Algeria on 0. That means we can also look at the final standings of Germany's group as I would take a draw/loss to Slovenia if it meant not having to play the Germans in the round of 16.

Will be difficult as you play at 16:00 CET the final group game while Germany plays the same day at 20:30 CET there final group game. bit risky imo

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will be difficult as you play at 16:00 CET the final group game while Germany plays the same day at 20:30 CET there final group game. bit risky imo

Aahhh I didn't realise that. I just presumed we would play after them. Clever by FIFA, if that wasn't for tv then it stops teams playing for a draw etc because they know the results. In that case I still want Slovenia to win as then if we beat Algeria, we are basically through. Also then fancy us to beat Slovenia whatever the result here tbh.

It's over. There's another four years of progress just to throw it away on the big stage. Thanks for showing up, guys.

C'mon man, you guys get a draw, beat Algeria and we beat Slovenia and you're all set. Not too difficult to picture.

are you watching? we look worse than australia, and at least they had the excuse that they were playing germany.

Yes I am watching but to say your tournament is over already is a ridiculous statement. No matter how badly your playing anything can happen in 70 minutes.

Aahhh I didn't realise that. I just presumed we would play after them. Clever by FIFA, if that wasn't for tv then it stops teams playing for a draw etc because they know the results. In that case I still want Slovenia to win as then if we beat Algeria, we are basically through. Also then fancy us to beat Slovenia whatever the result here tbh.

It's not that clever. Group C play their final games before Group D. So Fifa basically went for alphabetical order.

If we were Group D and Germany Group C then you could implement your fiendish plan.

It's not that clever. Group C play their final games before Group D. So Fifa basically went for alphabetical order.

If we were Group D and Germany Group C then you could implement your fiendish plan.

I have got completely confused there. Forgot England were in group C due to seeing the group D game first. Makes sense now and my fiendish plan will not work :(

Why could USA not play this badly against us ffs :D
You'd hate that, wouldn't you? ;)

Should get out of the group, if only because we tend to do better in World Cups held outside Europe. But we also have an annoying tendency to play to the level of our opponent, so I could easily see a heroic win over Eng-er-land, followed by miserable defeats to Slovenia and Algeria.

wis, tbqh

The way Slovenia play, and the way we play against teams like that, it's over. A quick goal for them is the worst possible thing that could have happened. Of course, it's also what happens in every game this US team plays.

Slovenians must be happy, beaten Russia to get to the WC and are a goal up against USA, but teams can change from one half to the next so you never know. Anyway, you conceded a quick goal against England and it turned out all right.

I have got completely confused there. Forgot England were in group C due to seeing the group D game first. Makes sense now and my fiendish plan will not work :(

the World Cup schedule has gone a bit out of order recently as Group B's 2nd games were finished before the 2nd game in A and it will be the same with C and D as well with Ghana/Australia not till tomorrow afternoon. Strangely after match 26, it goes back to alphabetical order - somebody has probably mentioned why I reckon but it's probably travel or something. Maybe TV companies wanting certain games to start at certain times possibly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_schedule - as you can see between match 17 and 26 it goes out of order from the 2 games in A, 2 games in B etc

the World Cup schedule has gone a bit out of order recently as Group B's 2nd games were finished before the 2nd game in A and it will be the same with C and D as well with Ghana/Australia not till tomorrow afternoon. Strangely after match 26, it goes back to alphabetical order - somebody has probably mentioned why I reckon but it's probably travel or something. Maybe TV companies wanting certain games to start at certain times possibly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_schedule - as you can see between match 17 and 26 it goes out of order from the 2 games in A, 2 games in B etc

Yeah I notcied all the other games that changed just forgot about it for group c and d. TV will have a big influence as France-Mexio which was 7.30pm yesterday was probably the biggest match of the day.

Archived