These forums

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody's going to have to explain to me how some people seem to think, entirely genuinely, that FM09 is full of bugs. I can hardly see any. I'm either blind or an outrageous fanboy.

EDIT: *Must make a connection with the topic - these forums*

There just seem to be so many indignant posts about bugs.

Somebody's going to have to explain to me how some people seem to think, entirely genuinely, that FM09 is full of bugs. I can hardly see any. I'm either blind or an outrageous fanboy.

EDIT: *Must make a connection with the topic - these forums*

There just seem to be so many indignant posts about bugs.

I agree, I actually worry about myself in that respect but I don't really care. I am really loving the game.

The bug that really stands out for me is the crossbar/post one, seems to happen far too often. Other than that I haven't had any serious problems.

You have to remember that people consider their PC not being able to display 3D a bug :rolleyes: So someone saying bug, doesn't necessarily mean an actual bug that we will all experience.

Ha, good work glamdring. I'm surprised that someone didn't come back with one of those wonderful posts where they make an outrageous guess, but claim it is fact. "FM has 3,000,000% more long shots than real life FACT".

I'm gonna sound like such a fanboy, but the ones I'm most fed up of are:

"Worst game ever"

"SI are a disgrace"

"This game is ***** in the rear **** because 3D is ***** and ***** dragons **** curry sauce ***** bugs bugs ***** bugs!"

You get the point.

EDIT: My asterisks are there as part of my point. Please don't consider them genuine expletives. :)

The bug that really stands out for me is the crossbar/post one, seems to happen far too often. Other than that I haven't had any serious problems.

You have to remember that people consider their PC not being able to display 3D a bug :rolleyes: So someone saying bug, doesn't necessarily mean an actual bug that we will all experience.

Ha, good work glamdring. I'm surprised that someone didn't come back with one of those wonderful posts where they make an outrageous guess, but claim it is fact. "FM has 3,000,000% more long shots than real life FACT".

That and the keepers kicking one are the only two that jump out at me, but I can live with those.

I haven't really seen any major bugs in the game, every game has it's niggles. I'm really enjoying the new installment, i reckon the ****** threads might begin to dissipate within a few weeks, it's the "when's the next patch?" ones that really annoy me,

What's the keeper kicking one?

I agree Mike, but not many of those survive these days :)

Where he smacks it and all of the defence push forward After the keeper has made contact with the ball, leaving the strikers with a free strike on goal.

I agree with Mike (what am I thinking) when I say that the game seems reasonable and I am actually really enjoying it.

edit: sorry Neji, posted it before I saw your post.

I'm gonna sound like such a fanboy, but the ones I'm most fed up of are:

"Worst game ever"

"SI are a disgrace"

"This game is ***** in the rear **** because 3D is ***** and ***** dragons **** curry sauce ***** bugs bugs ***** bugs!"

You get the point.

EDIT: My asterisks are there as part of my point. Please don't consider them genuine expletives. :)

They're not as bad as the threads/posts that lay total blame on everything that is wrong with the game on the testers while simulataneously showing a total lack of knowledge of how testing/development for games work. IMO. :p

When did agreeing with me become so outrageous? :(

They're not as bad as the threads/posts that lay total blame on everything that is wrong with the game on the testers while simulataneously showing a total lack of knowledge of how testing/development for games work. IMO. :p

Not to mention knowledge of their own computer's inadequacies.

I really agree with the bit about the testers

But HOW did you miss the tyypppiinngg problem? :D Just kidding.

So any news on the social group idea? Seeing that there's been no update all week, I'm guessing that the mods have decided against it. So, can any mod clear this up?

I suspect it'll be a no! oh well it was at least a great idea in theory and I would tip my hat to you, but I am not wearing a hat!

I suspect it'll be a no! oh well it was at least a great idea in theory and I would tip my hat to you, but I am not wearing a hat!

Cheers. :D Oh well, I suppose the best idea would be to use Jez's forum for off-topic stuff, only problem is that there mustn't be many members as not many people would have heard about it. But I suppose the same could be said about the social group seeing that a few of you didn't know about them until I brought up the idea.

Cheers. :D Oh well, I suppose the best idea would be to use Jez's forum for off-topic stuff, only problem is that there mustn't be many members as not many people would have heard about it. But I suppose the same could be said about the social group seeing that a few of you didn't know about them until I brought up the idea.

I kinda like the idea that there isn't many of us. feels like an exclusive club!

Don't forget, Tuesday's poker night and the loser has to answer in all the next weeks 'when's the next patch coming' thread. :p

am I correct in thinking all answers in the patch threads need to be sarcastic in nature?

Lets hope Mike doesn't lose, probably be too much for him right now! :)

I've just been looking through some of the recent threads on the first couple of pages. I want to read something original, sensible, well thought out and maybe even, God forbid, have a bit of quality discussion. However it appears that just as I thougt we had turned a corner a few days ago all that has done is taken us down a cul-de-sac. Anyone able to provide linkage to a decent thread where there is a decent level of intelligent discussion going on and not all the usual shennanigans about bugs / problems / moans and general name calling please?

It says a lot about the forums (or maybe me) that the few threads i've taken any interest in and tried to get a debate going have dropped down the page very quickly to be replaced by the usual nonsense.

I'm hating this place atm. If you don't agree with every gripe you get slammed, even if you aren't fussed on the game. It seems that you're a fanboy unless you agree with every negative comment.

I know what you mean Nomis. The thread I started on Friday about tactics (which imo generated some interedting debate) had dropped to page 5 by the time I was back on the forums this morning.

I had a scan through what had replaced and didn't see much of interest tbh. Even the thread we were having a decent discussion in now has started to degenerate into nonsense.

Judging by the majority of complaints, I've come to the conclusion that these are not the forums of the game I'm playing.

One thing I have ntoiced is this. Whenever a thread includes a poll, the positive options seem to be ahead of the negative in terms of votes, even if the thread is full of complaints. Interesting, that.

Judging by the majority of complaints, I've come to the conclusion that these are not the forums of the game I'm playing.

I know what you mean. As you know there's one thing I'm disappointed about but the amount of 'bugs' being thrown around is beyond me.

It was your thread that I was talking about in my last post, I went looking for it this morning and got to page 4 before I gave up. I started a not particularly great thread, but still better than the majority, about squad rotation and how it might affect your push for trophies and it got one reply :rolleyes:

This year is definately worse than last year. The complaints aren't as bad, but there just doesn't appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

These forums have made me hate the words realistic, realism and simulation. If I hear the realistic argument one more time, I reckon i'll be infractioned all over the show.

PS. I've noticed a couple of things in my game which might be German League bugs, but there's no way on earth i'm putting my name to a thread that will more than likely go mental with "Oh great, another bug. What the hell were SI doing" comments.

This isn't the thread to do it, but I think I could construct an argument in favour of realism that wouldn't have you tearing your hair out. I place a lot of value on it and I would certainly hate to lose realism. But yeah, this isn't the right thread for it.

This isn't the thread to do it, but I think I could construct an argument in favour of realism that wouldn't have you tearing your hair out. I place a lot of value on it and I would certainly hate to lose realism. But yeah, this isn't the right thread for it.

IMO this is relevant to the forums because it is to do with etiquette and the reaction you get if you point out the obvious flaws in someones reaction.

I have nothing against realism, and you're right it's one of the things about FM that really appeals to everyone, but comments similar to "I've just got Whitley Bay to the CL final and I condeded a 30 yard goal from CD, how unrealistic, CD's never score long range goals IRL", drive me mad. If anyone dare draw their attention to what part of that sentence is actually unrealistic, they are met with a vitirolic display of petulance.

Is the population of this forum devoid of humility and ability to admit that they were wrong? I've apologised on a few occasions recently because i've said one thing, disagreed with someone and then been proved wrong, what's the problem :mad:

Without turning into too much of a rant, I genuinly think that most people want a 4-4-2 buy a couple of players in position where they think their supported cluib is lacking, and take them to glory.

I'm suprised the "difficulty mode" threads died down, as they're the sort of constructive suggestions that could improve the game in the future and make all the unhappy people, more content.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, the majority of the "SI EAT BABIES" posters aren't going to contribute constructively to a thread that will improve their gaming experience in the future.

Archived