Liverpool FC 2008/09

Moreclaw

Originally posted by Jearm84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J7-MAN:

Its only Itanje's positioning that is abit suspect, pretty good otherwise.

bit key for a keeper, which told vs Reading and Barnsley </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt dispute that.

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jearm84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niggle:

i read in one of the papers that pellegrino is coming back as a coach.

hopefully a striking one of midfield cos the ****er clearly didn't know defensive duties the way he sauntered up the pitch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, that is a load of absolute ********. If you can talk me through the positive and negative aspects of Pellegrino then fair enough.

If, however, you cannot tell me why he might be a very good coach at that level then i suggest it explains more about you than it does about him.

Benítez offers Crouch and cash to lure KeaneAndy Hunter The Guardian, Monday June 30, 2008

Article history

Robbie Keane joined Tottenham Hotspur from Leeds United in 2002. Photograph: Julian Herbert/Getty Images

Rafael Benítez will pursue his interest in Robbie Keane despite Tottenham's insistence that their vice-captain is not for sale. The Liverpool manager has proposed a cash-plus-Peter Crouch deal but the Republic of Ireland international will have to agitate for a move to bring Benítez's pursuit to fruition.

Keane has emerged as a leading target for Liverpool after discussions between Anfield officials and their Spurs counterparts about Crouch, the England international who is valued at between £10m and £12m and is also wanted by Portsmouth, Manchester City, Newcastle and possibly Arsenal.

Benítez, encouraged by Gareth Barry's willingness to make a public request for a move from Aston Villa, now hopes similar tactics will lure the 27-year-old Keane to Liverpool, the club he supported as a boy and who can offer Champions League football. Tottenham instantly dismissed Liverpool's approach last week but Benítez will persist with efforts to induce Keane to move. A £20m-rated deal involving Crouch would suit Liverpool but should the England forward resist a return to White Hart Lane they could put money from his sale towards a straight cash bid.

no quotes though, so pinch of salt and all that

Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

Again, that is a load of absolute ********. If you can talk me through the positive and negative aspects of Pellegrino then fair enough.

If, however, you cannot tell me why he might be a very good coach at that level then i suggest it explains more about you than it does about him.

positives: he's been at the club so may have picked up tips from past 1st team coaches

negatives: i dont really want our defenders following his example and drifting up to the centre circle- i was at a match where the closest he came to the 6 yard box was when they were warming up

as for it saying more about me than him- 'icon_biggrin.gif'

If it wasn't for the signing of Pellegrino, Hyypia wouldn't have been rested for those big european nights that led us to Istanbul. Pleased he is on the staff as its obviously someone Rafa knows and trusts, and also someone who knows what Rafa wants from his players.

Yes please to Robbie Keane but its never gonna happen now. Pretty sure he is a Liverpool fan too iirc.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Masch

Barry

Gerrard

Babel

Keane

Torres </pre>

maybe? Barry can move to support Keane down the left a bit defensivly, and Keane can sit a bit higher up and more central than Kuyt does. (I've got an odd feeling Keane prefers being on the left of a three(or was played there at spurs), but I might be wrong)

The alternative to that is playing how we did a few times last season (the first newcastle game comes to mind) With two CMs and then two AMs sitting in quite tight rather than out wide. Gerrard and Kewell (gasp!) pretty much owned the newcastle team doing that.

Though I don't really want to move away from the 4-3-3 at all, and think even if we got Keane we wouldn't need to.

All seems like papertalk at the moment anyway.

are we not keeping the old champo league numbering then? as iirc we only used the champs league shirt a few times last season.

Was thinking of getting it but not sure if i want the prem numbering on the back if we only use it in the champs league.

Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jearm84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niggle:

hopefully a striking one of midfield cos the ****er clearly didn't know defensive duties the way he sauntered up the pitch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If, however, you cannot tell me why he might be a very good coach at that level then i suggest it explains more about you than it does about him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pellegrino will be an excellent coach.

I didn't know his english was that good though.

Originally posted by Steffers:

are we not keeping the old champo league numbering then? as iirc we only used the champs league shirt a few times last season.

Was thinking of getting it but not sure if i want the prem numbering on the back if we only use it in the champs league.

did think that, but prefer the prem numbering, and didnt know what the chap numbering will be. i figure we will maybe use it vs stoke, though maybe the grey

all this keane talk has come out of the blue but it looks like the rumors gathering momentum. i would love to see him lining up with torres and gerrard next season, he'd bring alot of qualities with him and i could see him linking up well with them, as well as chipping in with a fair number of goals.

i would be happy for crouchy as well if he went the other way as i know spurs were his first club and are very close to his heart.

Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jearm84:

If, however, you cannot tell me why he might be a very good coach at that level then i suggest it explains more about you than it does about him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pellegrino will be an excellent coach.

I didn't know his english was that good though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I'll always defend Pellegrino, not always that drunkenly though.

Originally posted by The Rafalution:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Masch

Barry

Gerrard

Babel

Keane

Torres </pre>

maybe? Barry can move to support Keane down the left a bit defensivly, and Keane can sit a bit higher up and more central than Kuyt does. (I've got an odd feeling Keane prefers being on the left of a three(or was played there at spurs), but I might be wrong)

Would love that line up next season tbh.

Originally posted by Emersonlfc:

Confirmed that Anderson has went to forest on loan.

Think he'll make it for us ?

He also signed an extended contract with us till 2011 so I guess Rafa has plans for the lad. Hopefully he will avoid injury this season and get a proper run in the side.

REDS CONFIRM LE TALLEC SALE

Jimmy Rice 02 July 2008

Liverpool Football Club have today completed the sale of Anthony Le Tallec to Le Mans.

The French forward spent last season on loan at Stade Léon-Bollée – one of a string of temporary deals since arriving at Anfield in 2003.

Despite his Reds career never really taking off, Le Tallec did feature in the 2005 Champions League run, playing superbly in the quarter-final against Juventus.

\o/

Yeah what Raz said, if we wanted to keep Alonso and someone had come in for him it would have been £20m+

Though apparently we rejected whatever Juve bid the first time anyway?

So boring now euros have finished, not long to our preseason though I guess. Hopefully Dossena will get sorted soon.

God I want some winger/forward news.

Actually, I was thinking the other day how much I'd love Maxi Rodriguez, and on googling various things, found we were linked with him in April, though no quotes icon_frown.gif

Hopefully Dossena will get sorted soon.

Reading something on Times/Telegraph today about Adebayor, I think and little bit at the end basically said contract is just waiting for Dossena's signature ... take that however you like though :/

INSUA PENS NEW ANFIELD DEAL

Paul Eaton 02 July 2008

Liverpool youngster Emiliano Insua has today put pen to paper on a new three year Anfield deal.

The Argentine full-back - who has made five first team appearances for the club - has signed a deal to keep him on Merseyside until June 2011.

The 19-year-old is a regular for his country's under-20 team and was a key performer in Liverpool's second string landing the league title last season.

id like to see him go on loan next year to get some regular game time. as his chances will be limited next season.

Originally posted by The Rafalution:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">REDS CONFIRM LE TALLEC SALE

Jimmy Rice 02 July 2008

Liverpool Football Club have today completed the sale of Anthony Le Tallec to Le Mans.

The French forward spent last season on loan at Stade Léon-Bollée – one of a string of temporary deals since arriving at Anfield in 2003.

Despite his Reds career never really taking off, Le Tallec did feature in the 2005 Champions League run, playing superbly in the quarter-final against Juventus.

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much for?

Archived