Liverpool FC 2008/09

Moreclaw

voronin isn't **** because he's actually ****, he's **** because he would be rafa's only sub in the 87th minute when we're down 1-0 and couldn't produce in 3 minutes while the armchair managers at home wanted a different substitution earlier.

just too dumb to recognise your own scapegoatism.

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we seriously are in for silva i 100% guarentee some people like tony7 will be wanting bentley instead as he is 'premiership ready'. identical parallels to torres and bent.

silva looks absolute quality to me. he'd be right up there as my first choice signing this summer, even at £15m+

that's if we're in for him. which i really, really doubt, as if we had the money for him, why were we looking at milner and other garbage?

Originally posted by Flabarama:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rafalution:

much better to base personal opinion on FM?

who's that to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you

Originally posted by benkeat:

if we seriously are in for silva i 100% guarentee some people like tony7 will be wanting bentley instead as he is 'premiership ready'. identical parallels to torres and bent.

silva looks absolute quality to me. he'd be right up there as my first choice signing this summer, even at £15m+

that's if we're in for him. which i really, really doubt, as if we had the money for him, why were we looking at milner and other garbage?

you could take pretty much all of my pros and cons re: aimar 4 years ago and apply them to silva today. undoubtedly class, but a little lightweight and I worry he may not be physical enough to thrive in the english league.

Originally posted by The Rafalution:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flabarama:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rafalution:

you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and why?

silva is quality btw.

Originally posted by Daaaaave:

voronin isn't **** because he's actually ****, he's **** because he would be rafa's only sub in the 87th minute when we're down 1-0 and couldn't produce in 3 minutes while the armchair managers at home wanted a different substitution earlier.

just too dumb to recognise your own scapegoatism.

i agree tbh. while i don't think voronin is much of a player, he's perfectly fine to be a squad player. there's just no point in selling him as we'd have to spend at least £7-8m getting in a replacement, and if we do that, they'll probably kick up a fuss and want more game time.

voronin is happy on the bench and can contribute enough over a season to justify his wage. the stick he gets is well ott, and totally unreasonable as he only gets five minutes every 3 weeks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flabarama:

you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and why?

silva is quality btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you mean why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

and as for 4-5-1, I'd rather have voronin up top alone than neil mellor. probably prefer him to baros as well.

and? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and what? you have a boner for me or something? see you following me around everywhere. AND people talking about voronin being the worst in a decade have their heads up their asses.

you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and why?

silva is quality btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you mean why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's simple. why were you asking me the question?

Originally posted by Mika:

People always say that I'm the bearer of bad news when I post here so I shall buck the trend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BBB

Banned - Foul Language/Abuse - Expires 20/07/08

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's not a ban its a suspension what was it for btw?

Originally posted by benkeat:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlexTommo:

Dundee and Meijer were too **** to even reach cult status which is saying something.

meijer could not actually be more cult. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After successful years, Meijer moved to Liverpool FC in 1999, where he failed to make an impression next to Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler. He was therefore loaned out to Preston North End for one season. He returned to the Bundesliga and joined Hamburger SV in December 2000. Meijer became a cult hero at Anfield despite rarely making the first team, and he was christened 'Mad Erik' for his never say die attitude and love for the club. He joined Liverpool fans in Dortmund prior to the 2001 UEFA Cup, where he drank and sang with Reds fans.

really hate it when jep comes in saying "haven't seen much of player x, but when i have he didn't look like he was good enough for us or worth the money".

Can't really remember saying that too often tbh. If it upsets you so much I might start doing it more often.

meijer was the best paid ball boy of all time. just so enthusiastic.

i read a story once that he was playing in a reserve game on a rainy tuesday night away at bury (or somewhere equally ****), and with 5 minutes to go, and with liverpool 4-0 up, meijer chased down a loose ball that was destined for a bury goal kick with unfathomable gusto and managed to slide and play the ball out so that it was a throw in instead.

he then got to his feet, covered in mud, clenched his fist and screamed 'YEAH!'.

everyone else just looked totally baffled.

HERO.

Originally posted by jep:

really hate it when jep comes in saying "haven't seen much of player x, but when i have he didn't look like he was good enough for us or worth the money".

Can't really remember saying that too often tbh. If it upsets you so much I might start doing it more often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

flabs - because of that

Originally posted by Jearm84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

People always say that I'm the bearer of bad news when I post here so I shall buck the trend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BBB

Banned - Foul Language/Abuse - Expires 20/07/08

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's not a ban its a suspension what was it for btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who cares.

Hope he enjoys his holiday icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

and as for 4-5-1, I'd rather have voronin up top alone than neil mellor. probably prefer him to baros as well.

and? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and what? you have a boner for me or something? see you following me around everywhere. AND people talking about voronin being the worst in a decade have their heads up their asses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha, what? get over yourself dave

i'd also rather have voronin up front in a 4-5-1 than either of those too (well maybe not baros at his peak) but that doesnt change the fact that if he's there in our starting lienup we're in trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Can't really remember saying that too often tbh. If it upsets you so much I might start doing it more often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

flabs - because of that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, what?

he said "he hadn't seen much of him, but when i did he didn't look great". which he was wrong to say. you don't judge a player on seeing a few little glimpses of him.

as ian and benkeat said, silva is really really good.

i agree he's really good, but i don't see the problem of judging a player of a few performances, especially when you admit you haven't seen much of them.

there is plenty of players in europe i've only seen a handful of times, does that mean i shouldn't have any kind of opinion on them, or that i should just follow what everyone says/ go off FM?

Flabarama - what the hell are you on about man.

I stated I hadn't seen much of him, but what I had seen I didn't think he was a 10mill rated player. This is based on about 3 or 4 full games and some highlights going over the last couple of years. Now obviously if I was to see more of him and he played well then I would change my opinion no doubt, but why the hell would I just come out with a statement saying he is a world class player just because everyone else says so? Would rather form my own opinion thanks.

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Silva wouldn't be available for anything less than 15mil I don't think.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, we're only a few key signings away from the Prem title.

*Cough* David Villa *Cough*

We've been "a few key signings away from the title" for a number of years now though.

Originally posted by LiverpoolSimplyTheBest:

jep does seem to have a bizarre love for average English wingers. thinks Pennant is pretty good, and now wants Milner.

a question for you jep: who would you prefer we sign out of Milner and Silva (if given the choice of course)?

not a swipe or anything, just wanna know.

Clearly is a swipe LSTB, but I will humour you.

I rate Pennant as a good player, I rate Milner as a good player and from what I have seen of Silva he looks a good player too. My only problem with the Silva signing would be the massive price tags being thrown about.

If you are giving me an unlimited budget then it would be Silva. My ideal solution would be to sign both Milner and Silva and move Pennant on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

So you have no problem with the reported 9m Milner fee?

Yes I do have a problem with the 9mill fee - we should be looking at 6mill at the most for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We shouldn't be looking at him at all is the correct answer.

and you actually mentioned it up in replying to dp's post so you obviously know about it.

DP mentioned a reported 9mill fee ffs.

Of course I know the fees being bandied around by the press, but again I ask you to tell me where I said I would pay 9mill for him.

where have you been then? that's the main complaint - us paying £9m for someone who's pennant average and wouldn't get in our team.

To be honest the main complaint seems to be we are actually looking to sign him.

i never said you'd pay it though.

you said you'd take milner and silva if you had the chance to. but if we were to get milner than we'd have to pay £7-9m, which is being branded about everywhere really, and we've been discussing it on the last few pages, if not all.

where have you been then? that's the main complaint - us paying £9m for someone who's pennant average and wouldn't get in our team.

To be honest the main complaint seems to be we are actually looking to sign him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how? if we were to sign him for around £3m or £4m then i'd have no problem signing him.

Archived