Club Threads in WC Forum

Philip Rolfe

Should Club Threads be kept in the WC Forum?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should Club Threads be kept in the WC Forum?

• Yes, they serve a purpose
    • No, they're pointless, bin them

there's little point to them, but there's little point to a WC forum imo, and right now it's a bit bare and needs filling up, so they're not really doing any damage. Some of them will be utilised a bit I suppose (sure you can guess which ones) and perhaps more so than some national threads. It's also a way for certain communities to migrate over here and stay intact, which may or may not be a good thing. Also in some cases there will be many fans who only care about the WC from a club perspective (again I bet you can guess which clubs the majority of these fans support), and this gives them a chance to follow the WC in the way they want to rather than dipping in and out of several different national team threads to talk about individual players.

Ofc this could all be done in the Football Forum club threads, but with certain clubs the offseason talk will be focused on take overs, or a lack thereof, signings of 15 year olds we've never heard of, and a load of nonsense and speculation about the forthcoming season.

I think that by the time the World Cup itself comes around only a handful of them will be used and the majority of what will be posted in them could just go in club threads in the FF. I don't think they're as bad and as much of a waste as some people are making out, at the time I just jumped on the bandwagon after seeing the Man United and Everton one and made an Arsenal one, but I wouldn't be bothered to see it closed or any of the other club threads closed. It does seem likely that lots will be made just for the sake of it, a Newcastle one even though they have 1 or 2 players going, as well as an Ajax one despite the fact Ajax don't have an active thread in the FF.

Ofc this could all be done in the Football Forum club threads, but with certain clubs the offseason talk will be focused on take overs, or a lack thereof, signings of 15 year olds we've never heard of, and a load of nonsense and speculation about the forthcoming season.

that pretty much sums it up. no reason it cant be discussed in the Football forum threads

that pretty much sums it up. no reason it cant be discussed in the Football forum threads

no reason all of this can't be discussed in the football forum. Football forum is rather slow at the best of times, never mind over the summer, so sticking the World Cup in there makes perfect sense, especially what with it being you know, football and all.

I only started the United thread because there wasn't one thread in here that interested me one little bit otherwise.

if people want to have club threads why can't they have them?

What's the point when we already have club threads in the FF. No point in having a new thread just to say "Milner came on and played the last 30 minutes today aginst the USA", "Rooney injured himself in training so is missing the Algeria game"

That's all they'll be used for, so why can't that just be mentioned in the respective club threads in the FF?

Guest roberto922

In the end only 3/4 are gonna end up being used regularly, it's hardly a huge strain on the forum, but if there is a huge problem with this then it could be useful to just merge them to make a 'Premier League players watch'

The way some people are going on you'd think there was a strict limit on how many threads can be made, they're World Cup related and are therefore in the World Cup forum, simple.

Thank god, they are a truly despicably abomination that will destroy the soul of the World Cup forum from within. There presences is divisive, insular and against the spirit of the World Cup and takes discussion away from the national threads.

The Tottenham thread is full of discussion on whether certain players will make the world cup squads, it would be better in the national threads where their opinion of whether Huddleston or Jenus should go could be shared with opinions other clubs fans.

Switzerlands incredibly strong defensive record is being pointed out in the Arsenal thread, this is equally valid information for the rest of the forum but we don’t even have a Swiss thread yet and it will either be lost or repeated.

Arteta’s slim chances of making the Spain squad is being discussed in the Everton forum. Again much better off in the Spain thread where comparisons with the other Spanish midfielders can be made. The Arsenal thread is going to be updated with info an Fabregas Injury rather than been shared with the Everton fans in the Spain forum.

They are not just pointless they are actually to the detriment of the rest of the forum and must all be eliminated.

There presences (...) takes discussion away from the national threads.

(...)

They are not just pointless they are actually to the detriment of the rest of the forum and must all be eliminated.

This is exactly the point, imo. What I like about this forum so far is that you get into contact with and get to hear the views of people you don't usually run into. I've enjoyed reading the opinions of Celtic fans about Braafheid, who I've not yet seen play for that club. If they'd just started a Celtic WC thread and be done with it, I'd have missed that.

This is exactly the point, imo. What I like about this forum so far is that you get into contact with and get to hear the views of people you don't usually run into. I've enjoyed reading the opinions of Celtic fans about Braafheid, who've I'd not yet seen playing for that club. If they'd just started a Celtic WC thread and be done with it, I'd have missed that.

Got a good point here robbert, was indeed nice to read that opinion.

Archived