Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no prob with the defence in my game.... i've played 10 games and my players are scoring as hell i've scored from 4 goals + and i've conceded just 3 goals in this matches. What your problem is that your defenders aren't quick enough, oh an those 2 goals were conceded from corners :). You just have to give it a little time so that the team blends in, i haven't got any true blooded wingers so i've put Gourcuff as a AML and another regen of my as a AMR first 3 games they didn't score nothin only 2 assists but after that they now cut inside more often and score, Gourcuff got an hatrick last game :D

a yes and the atacking part is very distructive, in all of my matches i had 6 CCC + :D

This tactic is fantastic and is great going forward i have changed alot of things team mentality wise but i still score 4+ a game with everton, At home i agree it's extreamly effective and only needs slight tweaks when away from home, I will work these out soon and post an updated tactic.

Keep the faith

Dave

mmmmmmmh first match with man city vs spurs finished the first half i was 3-1 second half 3-2 .... 3-3... 4-3... 4-4...4-5...5-5...6-5.... the defence is not really good :(((

Perhaps you need to adjust your defensive line, pressing on or off and offside trap or not. I find when i adjust these according to my opposition after reading my scout report and by using common sense i keep clean sheets. Remeber if you play higher up you need quick defenders in case a ball does break free also offside is very important so you don't get caught out so concentration and discipline are very important to your defence as well.

If a team likes to draw you on by playing around the midfield press them higher up give them no time on the ball to start opening you up.

fast attakers sit deep and tight marking with man marking.

You have to adjust all the time to your opposition mate it's what real managers do.

After having some great fun with the classic version I would like to contribute some of my remarks.

I picked Panathinaikos from Greece, a team with some potential and targeted the European Cup.

I didnt use any players list or programms as finding good players is something I really enjoy.The scouting in FM2010 is quite good and if patiently done it yields some brilliant results.

I played 5 seasons to test the Computer's AI.Every year the computer tried to become better cause at the first two season I simply dominated in Greece.It was very easy!

European sucess on the other hand seemed far from achievable at least in the begining.Clubs like ManU, Barca, Inter, Real, Juventus were more than a match for us.While I enjoyed some occasional results even against the giants, I couldnt get past the Quarter final.My main problem was my mediocre defense and that I couldnt persuade the quality players to join my team.

Hopefully on my 5th season a talent discovery from Brazil had matured enough to be one of my main defending pylons only at 19! Then I was lucky to bring a young towering defender on loan from Man City.Meanwhile I had already signed a quality Brazilian International midfielder (very loyal as well) and the Mexican captain as my GK.

It seemed that should be my season but...my attack had gone old.Our reliable duo of Cisse and Salpingidis was 33+ yo and hardly performed.Injuries was another problem too! Only hope was our bargain capture of a Hungarian International Attacker who fans doubted at (!!!) and local hero named Christodoulopoulos (I know you can spell his name...lol) who was a natural Attacking Midfielder.

It proved quite an investement the consecutive upgrades on both our training facilities and youth academy which both were at the top level by now.

A youngster out of nowhere appeared and he would be the key to this season success, a dutch 16 yo with great physical stats (ideal target man).Our secret weapon name was Ad van Kanten:cool:

To make the long story short, we qualified as second from my group with ManU being first, then qualified over Bayern, Roma and Barca at the semi final.When we was at the final against Inter we thought we stand a chance but...three yellow cards in the semi final had cost us three backbone players out in the final! Yet we did it there as well...3-2 in a cracking game with a header scored from a corner in the 92'!!!! I must admit we had a great dose of luck plus our GK was performing like a super hero!!!

This was maybe one of the most enjoying seasons ever in my long FM (and CM) career.Even if some say I took the easy path, I really had quite a long time to feel so good with FM and kudos go to SI as well.

Enough with the story, some words for this brilliant tactic:

Pros: Very solid at the back, producing natural counter attacks (the ultimate goal for any tactic), really creative at front against organised defenses, earns possesion of ball most of the times for your team

Cons: big gap at the wings gets exploited by the AI, stresses players stamina, not producing against "low tempo + time wasting tactics", very dependent on the quality of your attack

I would change: The hard tackling at the midfield (I put it on normal even against the toughest opponents) to avoid cards

Also I find it very important to pay attention to Assistant's and tactical, pre-match and half-time comments and accordingly doing some "in match micromanagement".

One example: in the away match against Barca, we were 1-1 in HT having withstanded heavy pressure.I then read in the HT assistant's report, that we should try and man mark Messi and Zhirkov their two wide attackers (in a 4-2-3-1 formation).What I did was putting both my two MCs to man mark their wingers and create a "doubled defense" along with our fullbacks.I knew I would risk on the axis though where Xavi, Iniesta and Djeko were roaming towards the center of my defense.

Assistant was right though since Barca's game was nullified and only at late stages of the game where fatigue was an issue for my team Djeko scored two goals and gave a small margin to their side (3-2 FT).

Sorry for the long post, I just felt I had to share all this! And my big thanks to Mr Hough!!! :cool:

PS - Winger tactics is for loosers :thdn::p

img]<blockquote data-ipsQuote="" class="

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt254/gavaddy379/tactic-1.png' alt='tactic-1.png'>

defrightandleft.png

dc2.png

dc1.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?3brw2ni82avqk81 tweaked defense

http://www.mediafire.com/?zomz1y7ukbsztqb normal

how come you changed the style of formation not staggered dmc and mc,now one in front of the other and change to the original tactic maker mate?

http://www.filefront.com/17207444/gav's normal

http://www.filefront.com/17207446/gav's tweaked defense

here you go,did well with man utd normal,a lot of goals coming from wingers and strikers,defensively not 100% but just input my good defense from a previous tactic i made 4-1-2-2-1 wingers,the defense was solid in that formation but lacked goals with the 1 striker and 2 wingers,think this tactic has potential

I started a Scunthorpe game and finished 3rd with this tactic first season and overacheived considerably with Hooper and Hayes scoring around 30 each. However, in the premiership i followed the striker filter and signed Fuller but I struggled through the whole season and finished with only 18 points and struggled to score at all. I know im only scunthope but I managed to beat 3 premiership teams in 1st season in the cup then only managed 5 wins all season with a better team all signed using the filters

Update after 14 games with Ipswich - 8 pre-season 6 competitive, Going forward the goals are flowing, in the last 6 games I've scored 3-4 goals in each match bar 1, but defensively it seems to be a bit all over the place, as you can see from the last 6 games I'm conceding alot and as i posted before, goals from crosses and the striker running in behind the CB are the main culprits, I've also noticed after watching a couple of games all the way through that teams are dragging my man marking centre backs out of position, my full backs seem to be quite a way up field and wingers/midfielders are getting in behind as well, results so far:

Swansea (A) lost 3-0

Swindon (A) won 4-2 AET

Leicester (H) won 4-3

Scunthorpe (H) won 3-2

Millwall (A) won 4-1

Oldham (A) won 4-2

I use Ast manager team talks (I've got in Mark Venus who has good stats in all the right areas) and no opposition instructions. When I compare this with previous Mr Hough tactics I'm really liking the play going forward (especially on the break where teams get ripped apart) but the opposiiton, even weaker teams, are getting at least 2-3 CCC compared with very few CCC with previous tactics. Possibly stronger teams work better with this tactic as you'll be more likely to have quicker more technically gifted players who'll have more possession and better defensive stats

Another quick update last games:

Middlesborough (H) lost 2-1

Hull City (A) drew 3-3

Thats 17 conceded in 8 games more than 2 a game but 23 scored, nearly 3 a game, if the defence can be tweaked just a touch to reduce the goals per a game conceded this could be a world beater!

tactic-1.png

defrightandleft.png

dc2.png

dc1.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?3brw2ni82avqk81 tweaked defense

http://www.mediafire.com/?zomz1y7ukbsztqb normal

how come you changed the style of formation not staggered dmc and mc,now one in front of the other and change to the original tactic maker mate?

http://www.filefront.com/17207444/gav's normal

http://www.filefront.com/17207446/gav's tweaked defense

here you go,did well with man utd normal,a lot of goals coming from wingers and strikers,defensively not 100% but just input my good defense from a previous tactic i made 4-1-2-2-1 wingers,the defense was solid in that formation but lacked goals with the 1 striker and 2 wingers,think this tactic has potential

any feedback on this tactic,can see a few downloads,then it could help mr hough calculate things and maybe help tighten up his defense with all our help

Mr. Hough, great tactics, they make the game a lot more enjoyable without all the frustration. :)

Really looking forward to trying out the Winger tactic but I'd like to wait until you put out the required player attributes for that tactic. Looking forward to it and thanks once again for coming out with these tactics. :)

I don't know why but the winger tactic isn't working well with Real Madrid. Conceding every game approx. 2 goals and the team doesn't play that good.

I think I will just wait for the full version of the tactic since dave said it was a beta :p

I don't know why but the winger tactic isn't working well with Real Madrid. Conceding every game approx. 2 goals and the team doesn't play that good.

I think I will just wait for the full version of the tactic since dave said it was a beta :p

How are you usually conceding goals?

Ernest, I'm playing with Madrid and I've won 16 and drawn 1 of my 17 games so far this season with this tactic (that includes spanish cup, la liga, and CL im in november atm)

3.6 goals per match, 0.4 goals conceded per match

definitely helped once my team gelled together

and those stat's are using a very strict rotation selection policy (i have two completely different starting 11's for my la liga to my spanish cup/champions league group stage)

Ernest, I'm playing with Madrid and I've won 16 and drawn 1 of my 17 games so far this season with this tactic (that includes spanish cup, la liga, and CL im in november atm)

3.6 goals per match, 0.4 goals conceded per match

definitely helped once my team gelled together

and those stat's are using a very strict rotation selection policy (i have two completely different starting 11's for my la liga to my spanish cup/champions league group stage)

I know mate,that's the same I do with my Madris squad.And to add to the disappointment,my madrid squad includes the latest transfers like Ozil,khadira,carvalho and etc :(

mostly by defenders faults like passing the ball to the opponent on not clearing the ball good - And I'm playing with Real Madrid :(

Let your squad gel, especially since you brought in all those new players. Settle on a starting eleven and play it unchanged as much as possible.

Ok, so I have been using Mr Hough's new 4-1-1-2-2 tactic with Tottenham, and here are the results so far:

tottenhamhotspurresults.jpg

As you can see I have played 15 matches and won 12 of them, drawing 2 and losing only the 1 match. I have to say that i'm impressed with some of the results, like beating Arsenal 3-1, beating Man City 3-1 away from home! And beating Roma 3-0, but I will say that the tactic does conceed alot of goals. I mean in those 15 games I've played I have conceeded 16 goals, so basically conceeding 1 goal a game, not that great. But what the tactic lacks defensively, it makes up for with the attack! I genuinly enjoy watching my team play using this tactic, the attacking moves are excellent, and you will create alot of CCC's which I love. Also your strikers will score goals along with your wingers, which again is something I love, here is how Defoe is doing:

18jermaindefoe.jpg

He is doing really well for me upfront :)

Thankyou Mr Hough for this EXCELLENT tactic!

Steve

I'd still have the 2 wingers but it would be 2 MC's and 1 ST instead of 1 MC and 2 ST's

For me Mr Hough, the 4-2-3-1 is the best formation to get effective in FM which envolves wingers. As it seems to have more diversity :) IMO

Update.

I have changed the D-Line so it's deeper and also i have change the 2 CB's they are on very low mentality and Closing down the formation is still a 4-1-1-2-2 i still think i can get this tactic to work as it is hopefully this will help.

I ahve just played Chelsea as middlesbrough at home, I drew 1-1 they had alot of shots but they where all from long range or blocked and they had 0 CCC's i had a few shots 5 and had 1 CCC so the potential is there

Well I've started a new game as Ipswich with gav1979's tweaked defence tactic and so far the friendlies have gone like this:

Brighton (A) 3-5

Aberdeen (H) 2-1

Huddersfield (A) 0-4

GH Academy (H) 3-0

Shrewsbury (A) 1-3

Kidderminster (A) 0-5

So as you can see so far so good. Although the 1st game against Brighton they had more chances than me but it has settled down now with me creating many more chance than the any other teams. Now about to start the season so I will let you know how I get on.

Well I've just played 1st game of season against Swansea and what a cracker it was. It was 3-3 at half time and then I went 5-3 up but then Civelli got sent off in the 60th minute for 2 yellow cards. So I subsituted one of my strikers for a left back and it suddenly started to go very badly with Swansea scoring 2 goals in 2 minutes to make it 5-5. Andros Townsend scored in the 74th minute but it got ruled out for offside so at this point I was going to be pleased with a 5-5 draw but in the 87th minute Ashley Williams scored an own goal so Ipswich ran out 6-5 winners. I had 14 shots with 6 CCCs and Swansea had 13 shots but no CCCs. So we will see what happens next.

I'd still have the 2 wingers but it would be 2 MC's and 1 ST instead of 1 MC and 2 ST's

what you looking at then 4-1-2-2-1 winger,hope so my favourite formation and i am sure many other peoples to,the best formation to use in todays game in my opinion

Okay I'm gonna have to give up on the winger tactic for now, it has led to a less successful first half of the season than any of the previous tactics I've tried so I'll wait until Mr Hough has maybe sorted the defence, competitive results in the end were:

Played: 12

Won: 5

Drew: 3

Lost: 2

Goals For: 28

Goals Against: 20

The tactic Mr Hough released was just a 'beta' for you to try out, he is working on the defensive sides of it, to improve it.

Steve

yup, that's why I left more detailed feedback in earlier posts and why I'll wait for him to finish working on the defensive side while I use one of his other excellent tactics...

I think it's partly my team too, Ipswich 2009 aren't the strongest and the 4-1-2-3 formation is much stronger for less able teams, especially defensively, I might give the Gav1979 tactic a try with my 2014 save game thoughas my Ipswich team are very strong but I'll have to wait till the end of the season as I've got no wingers.