Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

yes, think exactly the same.

especially, the fact, that you just play with one striker make the games more random. I often have games, where I have 79% possession with over 10 shots on target and so on, but I cant find the net.

I guess its because the wingers in fm arent that dangerous in the opposition area.

they can make good runs and get into position but often fail to score.

well I have some ideas for the new season, If I fail, I will change to a 2 man forward tactic aswell.

maybe a 442 with two dmcs

I completly agree with the wingers when they get in the box and not scoring the seem to completly arrow the shots when it would be far much easier to tap it in.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will setup first choice partnership as rooney and berbetov(target man) then,how is the tactic coming on,is it looking like today.Prepared my man utd team,bringing in a lot of youngsters on contract not protected,saving money on big future transfers,going to try s frasier training schedule,is this what you use??

I don't use any training at all, Not for the first few seasons anyway i normally just test tactics and rarely have a main career game set up.

The tactic is soming along great it could be today it could be tomorrow i don't want to say it will be today because that will make you guys expect it but it will be soon i gaurentee that.

I don't use any training at all, Not for the first few seasons anyway i normally just test tactics and rarely have a main career game set up.

The tactic is soming along great it could be today it could be tomorrow i don't want to say it will be today because that will make you guys expect it but it will be soon i gaurentee that.

i am not sure what to do with training then,perhaps just leave it on general rather than individual training schedules for different positions,see how it goes

i am not sure what to do with training then,perhaps just leave it on general rather than individual training schedules for different positions,see how it goes

SFrasers training is very popular and i know alot of people swear by it, I just see no point in setting training up if i'm only planning on doing 1 season tests most of the time i have a couple of Saves going and i use Sfrasers training for them.

I get confused though which players are first choice which are developing and so on lol, So many choices.

we can wait dave, take ur time =) its not easy to make godly tactic like ur 4-1-2-3 and i won quar with Man U in 1st season

rooney got 59 goals 26 assist

aguero 31 goals 24 assist

pato 37 goals 29 assist

131 goals in league

all thanks to you dave =)

idk how 2 post SS but trust me ur tactic is all super

That should be good, for my 'Boro side i have brought in Simon Poulson on loan and he has been fantastic down the left, setting up 6 goals in 10 games so far, I'm also using a target man in this tactic, Scott McDonald who has scored 11 in 12 games.

I'm gonna post some screens on a goal i just scored and it will show the effective 'Deep' striker and the target man in full effect.

Reading playing in blue have a throw in deep in my half near the corner flag as you can see from the shot i have everything in the box covered and as i see the only goalscoring chance is if i give away a pen.

BoroGoal.jpg

In the next screen it will show you that David Weather has won the header and gary 'O neil has won the follow up and knocked it down to Scott Mcdonald.

As you can see Scott Mcdonald is deeper than he would be when receiving this ball, That's how i have set him up now he could either play the ball back to my Number 11 Petre or he could swing it out wide to poulson who is making his way up the left wing.

BoroGoal3.jpg

He don't do any of these and if you notice on the above screen the Reading defender is just to the right of McDonald so he spins him easily and advances down the pitch that brings one of the defenders that was marking leroy lita to him and so mcdonald has an easy option of passing the ball to lita who just manages to keep himself onside, He is through 1-1 and well he don't miss these chances.

BoroGoal2-1.jpg

As you can see from the above screen that the number 18 reading player don't even come over to cover as he is covering poulson and my player lita is free and clear on goal with 3 Reading players chasing him.

The effective Deep striker and Target man in effect here.

hey man i've seen it in very very screenshot and i wanted ask you what is the icon between paint and internet explorer?

hey man i've seen it in very very screenshot and i wanted ask you what is the icon between paint and internet explorer?

It's a program called Jdownloader and it helps you download lots of links at once, Very good progam if you download movies or games, Not that i do that of course!

SFrasers training is very popular and i know alot of people swear by it, I just see no point in setting training up if i'm only planning on doing 1 season tests most of the time i have a couple of Saves going and i use Sfrasers training for them.

I get confused though which players are first choice which are developing and so on lol, So many choices.

yeah true,going to give it a try maybe,especially for the point of developing young players into big stars.Cos through the game i am pretty sure man utd will not have big amounts of money to spend due to the clubs debts.So i think it will be in the best interest to develop younger players as will be very cost effective and i always find a good achievement.

we can wait dave, take ur time =) its not easy to make godly tactic like ur 4-1-2-3 and i won quar with Man U in 1st season

rooney got 59 goals 26 assist

aguero 31 goals 24 assist

pato 37 goals 29 assist

131 goals in league

all thanks to you dave =)

idk how 2 post SS but trust me ur tactic is all super

how did you afford pato and aguero in first season,what price did you get them for?????????????????

yeah true,going to give it a try maybe,especially for the point of developing young players into big stars.Cos through the game i am pretty sure man utd will not have big amounts of money to spend due to the clubs debts.So i think it will be in the best interest to develop younger players as will be very cost effective and i always find a good achievement.

I agree i always try and sign young players rather than expensive players and when i search for players i always go for the lesser valued players rather than the most expensive.

Mr Hough, in your 41212 tactic when you experienced problems with the strikers both always running away from goal, did you ever get to solving the problem and if so how? Reason why i ask is that I am using a 4132 (dm + flat 3mc) and a 4312 formation and have Neymar set to 'moves into channels' and Necid set as a targetman 'normal'. Noe Neymar seems to enjoy running away from goal heading towards the corner flag when he could clearly make a direct run towards the oppositions goal.

I have thought about removing 'moves into channels' but surely this does not count for when he actually has the ball at his feet and I am wondering if possibly it is to do with his creativity slider (15). I do have both full backs set to make forward runs often and mix (depends if I am home or away) if this is of any help. Just so frustrating because I am sure their is a way to stop this from happening. My wide settings is 10 and D Line is mixed between 11 & 14.

Any of these tactics using corner tweak/bug ?

And i have tried the classic version with Galatasaray and defense is making amazing mistakes and opponent comes 4-5 times and at least score 2. idk whats wrong

All of my tactics use the back post header, I'd hardly say that was a bug though just an advantage over the opponents if you have good defenders with the right attributes and even then you aren't guaranteed to score.

Try the unbeaten tactic that might be better for your team.

Here is an update on how i'm doing with 'Boro, There are 2 screenshots 1 of the formation and one of the league position.

Formation.

4-1-1-2-2Formation.jpg

As you can see from this screenshot i have opted for the 4-1-1-2-2 formation which is the best all round as it gives stability in defence and also dangerous on the attack. the left sided striker is the targetman and the rightsided is the deeper playing striker, Both wingers are set to the same settings and will bomb up and down the wings all day depending on the players you have, and the attributtes those players have. Defence as been an issue and now i'm happy with the way my team defends, Again i must stress the better the players the better the defence will be.

League Position after 21 games.

BoroLeaguwafter21games.jpg

As you can see from this screen my league position as overall dominace of the league speaks for itself, I releaise i am playing with one of the better teams in the league but to go unbeaten through them games is an excellent record.

I really wanna test this with another team before i release it so i will be testing with a mid table prem team not sure which one first.

I will proberly release it on sunday if i have no other hicups, I won't be making a new thread i'll make space for this tactic on here.

Here is an update on how i'm doing with 'Boro, There are 2 screenshots 1 of the formation and one of the league position.

Formation.

4-1-1-2-2Formation.jpg

As you can see from this screenshot i have opted for the 4-1-1-2-2 formation which is the best all round as it gives stability in defence and also dangerous on the attack. the left sided striker is the targetman and the rightsided is the deeper playing striker, Both wingers are set to the same settings and will bomb up and down the wings all day depending on the players you have, and the attributtes those players have. Defence as been an issue and now i'm happy with the way my team defends, Again i must stress the better the players the better the defence will be.

As you can see from this screen my league position as overall dominace of the league speaks for itself, I releaise i am playing with one of the better teams in the league but to go unbeaten through them games is an excellent record.

I really wanna test this with another team before i release it so i will be testing with a mid table prem team not sure which one first.

I will proberly release it on sunday if i have no other hicups, I won't be making a new thread i'll make space for this tactic on here.

Nice one Hough! Im really looking forward to see this tactic in action. One question though, what teamtalk did you use in this save? Bubbathay or just your assistant manager?

Nice one Hough! Im really looking forward to see this tactic in action. One question though, what teamtalk did you use in this save? Bubbathay or just your assistant manager?

generally my assistant and common sense on other

Mr Hough I think perhaps you missed my post. I was asking if you had solved the strikers running to the corner flag and if so how?

Sorry i haven't had chance to have a look at it, Once i release this winger tactic i'll have a look at the 4-1-2-1-2 and hopefully solve your situation.

Formation.

4-1-1-2-2Formation.jpg

Mr Hough, do u focus passing through the middle or down both flanks? also, do u play narrow and counter attack? Thanks

Sorry i haven't had chance to have a look at it, Once i release this winger tactic i'll have a look at the 4-1-2-1-2 and hopefully solve your situation.

Oh right, just I scoured the thread from page 38 upwards trying to look for the post that I thought you had written about how you had solved it. Seems like I was dreaming :rolleyes:

Another question though, does this happen with any tactic that plays with a front 2?

Oh right, just I scoured the thread from page 38 upwards trying to look for the post that I thought you had written about how you had solved it. Seems like I was dreaming :rolleyes:

Another question though, does this happen with any tactic that plays with a front 2?

the reason why it happens is because the AMC is basicaly in the way! The strikers move out wide to find space, I did kinda solve this issue but it made the tactic slightly more leaky in defence.

Try making the Fullbacks run from deep often, That will make the strikers less likely to run wide because the space is already occupied by the fullback. This might make it less effective in defence though and you might be cought on the counter but it's a useable solution till i have a look properly.

Formation.

4-1-1-2-2Formation.jpg

mr.hough

pls dont regard my comment as a critic, but I think, if you really agree to concede 21 goals in 21 games with a top team of a league, than I think, you could also upload your 1st winger tactic this amazin 4222 with tottenham, which you scored over 100 goals with.

dont get me wrong, but its right, that with a better team and better defence, your defensive performance could improve, but remember, better teams, in this case a premier league team means also better oppositions and a far much better strikers who are going to destroy your d-line.

honestly, 21 goals in 21 games with middlesbrough, who should have a top 3 squad in the league and so far the best defensive players in the squad, is for me a little bit too much.

but I hope you do much better with testing it with a higher level club.

the Fullbacks are on middle mentality with closing down set just below.

The defenders are on the same metality and closing down just one defender is different to the other by i think 3 notches

the defensive midfielder is on middle mentality with closing down set slightly higher

the CM's mentality is set just above the middle and the closing down is just off the highest closing down setting.

the wingers are on just above the middle setting for mentality and closing down slightly higher

the deeper strikers mentality is set the same as the wingers but his closing down is slightly lower,

The other striker the target man's mentality is set on attacking and his closing down is on the lowest possible

There is alot more to the tactic than the players mentality and closing down though.

Have started a new save with my beloved Spurs, using a version of this tactic you have been describing above Mr Hough......Do you think the current wingers and Forwards at Spurs will be suitable for this formation.

If you have problems with spurs using this tactic then..... Shoot yourself!

mr.hough

pls dont regard my comment as a critic, but I think, if you really agree to concede 21 goals in 21 games with a top team of a league, than I think, you could also upload your 1st winger tactic this amazin 4222 with tottenham, which you scored over 100 goals with.

dont get me wrong, but its right, that with a better team and better defence, your defensive performance could improve, but remember, better teams, in this case a premier league team means also better oppositions and a far much better strikers who are going to destroy your d-line.

honestly, 21 goals in 21 games with middlesbrough, who should have a top 3 squad in the league and so far the best defensive players in the squad, is for me a little bit too much.

but I hope you do much better with testing it with a higher level club.

I don't think the defence with middlesbrough is that good.

1, The central defenders are all pretty slow and the goalkeeper is pants, If i was really taking it as serious as any of you guys will proberly do i'd have signed at least a better central defender to partner weather and a better keeper

The defenders are on the same metality and closing down just one defender is different to the other by i think 3 notches

the defensive midfielder is on middle mentality with closing down set slightly higher

the CM's mentality is set just above the middle and the closing down is just off the highest closing down setting.

the wingers are on just above the middle setting for mentality and closing down slightly higher

the deeper strikers mentality is set the same as the wingers but his closing down is slightly lower,

The other striker the target man's mentality is set on attacking and his closing down is on the lowest possible

There is alot more to the tactic than the players mentality and closing down though.

well regarding your mentality settings, I guess you must play a little bit with higher tempo right?

I made the experience that the more you set your players mentality lower, the higher tempo you need, to get them run forward.

or do you really dominate the matches?

would be nice to read, how you solved that problem.

thx in advance

That makes no sense to be honest. Tempo doesn't control how attacking or how often you go forward. It simply controls the speed at which your players play. How quickly they pass the ball around, how quickly they take shots upon receiving the ball, etc.

Thanks for the info. I know a lot more goes into your tactics but I'm just giving it a try before the real one comes out. I've just played sheff utd at home and beat them 6-0. They are bottom of the league but a win's a win!!!

well regarding your mentality settings, I guess you must play a little bit with higher tempo right?

I made the experience that the more you set your players mentality lower, the higher tempo you need, to get them run forward.

or do you really dominate the matches?

would be nice to read, how you solved that problem.

thx in advance

The tempo is slow, If you look at the players mentality the mentality is just above the middle or on middle for most players apart from the targetman who is more attacking, This helps me keep possession and shape, Thats why i can play slow tempo.

It's quite hard to explain but you will see when you play with the tactic.

The tempo is slow, If you look at the players mentality the mentality is just above the middle or on middle for most players apart from the targetman who is more attacking, This helps me keep possession and shape, Thats why i can play slow tempo.

It's quite hard to explain but you will see when you play with the tactic.

Do you have a specific targetman or do u just leave that as 'none'