Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

the reason why it happens is because the AMC is basicaly in the way! The strikers move out wide to find space, I did kinda solve this issue but it made the tactic slightly more leaky in defence.

Try making the Fullbacks run from deep often, That will make the strikers less likely to run wide because the space is already occupied by the fullback. This might make it less effective in defence though and you might be cought on the counter but it's a useable solution till i have a look properly.

Thing is I am not using an AMC when playing away from home (4132) and I have RFD for my full backs set to often when home and mix when away, either way the striker still seems to run to the flag. I have actually managed to create a very solid defence conceding just 2 goals inside 10 matches whilst using very attacking full backs at the same time, something of which pleasantly surprised me. I just am at a loss at the moment in how to stop these wide runs from happening. Just to clarify, 'Moves into channels' does mean that the striker will look to make runs into the space between the centre back and full back and that it does not effect how he moves when he has the ball at his feet?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is I am not using an AMC when playing away from home (4132) and I have RFD for my full backs set to often when home and mix when away, either way the striker still seems to run to the flag. I have actually managed to create a very solid defence conceding just 2 goals inside 10 matches whilst using very attacking full backs at the same time, something of which pleasantly surprised me. I just am at a loss at the moment in how to stop these wide runs from happening. Just to clarify, 'Moves into channels' does mean that the striker will look to make runs into the space between the centre back and full back and that it does not effect how he moves when he has the ball at his feet?

you could try putting the strikers on cut inside, That might stop them moving out wide completly

I just tweaked a few things on the unbeaten tactic and i am currently standing leader in turkcell super league with Galatasaray, its my first season and i have not bought any players.

Haven't lost a single game since i tweaked it the way i think it would be better.

Here is a screen shot from a game stats against Antalyaspor ( they are 5th in the league doing well enough too )

I only played 15 games in the league so far. I will keep playing with the changes i made and if it works well i would like to share it with people too.

6fbafk.png

aguero 35m+valencia

pato milan offered me 25m i snap him quickly

my other signing is

De Rossi for 40m+nani

i sold berba, quite lot youngster

i bought lukaku for 5m =) which is bargain

sold chicarito for 12m to chelsea

bought also hamsik for 23m

im doing superbly both season

rooney on fire in 2nd season

60 goals in 41 games

lot of assist

pato 49 goals in 41 games

n aguero 32 goals and 35 assist in 46 games

How's it going with Everton?

Not too bad i have changed a few things from the middlesbrough save, The way the wingers play because the build up was far too slow and by the time they had the ball the opponents had 2 men marking them so i have made them slightly more attacking,

A few others things but nothing major

how's it going with everton?the tactic still on par

I'm having a complete nightmare to be honest, I started the season with the tactic that i was doing well with boro but it just never worked out at all, I had already deleted all my other tactic bases so i have nothing to work off now.

I'm having a complete nightmare to be honest, I started the season with the tactic that i was doing well with boro but it just never worked out at all, I had already deleted all my other tactic bases so i have nothing to work off now.

Do you want some of the old 4-1-2-3 tactic to work with? if so i can upload those if you want.

i'm still hopeing to get something out tomorrow, I will keep this tactic and work on what i have, It's not unbeatable but it's good!

I hope it is tomorrow. I always trust your tactics and no tactic is unbeatable and that's the way it should be!!!!!

I hope it is tomorrow. I always trust your tactics and no tactic is unbeatable and that's the way it should be!!!!!

mr hough. could you also upload your first winger tactic?

I mean this 424 which you won the championship with in your tottenham save.

maybe we other users can make the defence more solid.

I think from the success you had with this tactic, it seems like it has potential to be a so called "unbeatable" tactic.

have a nice day

mr hough. could you also upload your first winger tactic?

I mean this 424 which you won the championship with in your tottenham save.

maybe we other users can make the defence more solid.

I think from the success you had with this tactic, it seems like it has potential to be a so called "unbeatable" tactic.

have a nice day

I would but i have deleted it off my computer, I have been trying to recreate it but to no avail so far

I am about to give up. I tried Classic version for a season and didn't do well and started using avd mod 4132 unbeaten and doing horrible at the moment with Galatasaray... I feel like I should be the leader but I am currently 6th

played 26

won 14

tie 6

lost 6

;/

Some guy has posted his tweaky treaky tactic on here a while ago, basicly some modified version of the 4-1-2-1-2 formation from mr hough. Ever since i started using it i have not lost a match so far.

how you shaping up with the testing with everton,how are you placed in the league,any good cup runs,where are the goals coming from is it the strikers that get the majority(beckford)?

I stopped as i wanted to make the defence rock solid, I am testing with Middlesbrough at the minute.

I have nicked the defence for the 4-1-2-1-2 that me and JP woody made, Not sure if you remember it but i tested it with everton unbeaten in 40 odd games and had dozons of clean sheets. It's early days but it's working well at the minute.

I have only lost 1 game in 32 league games, 17 points clear at the top.

I'm still hoping to get something out today but it might have to be tomorrow at the latest now i wanna fully test this new defence.

I stopped as i wanted to make the defence rock solid, I am testing with Middlesbrough at the minute.

I have nicked the defence for the 4-1-2-1-2 that me and JP woody made, Not sure if you remember it but i tested it with everton unbeaten in 40 odd games and had dozons of clean sheets. It's early days but it's working well at the minute.

I have only lost 1 game in 32 league games, 17 points clear at the top.

I'm still hoping to get something out today but it might have to be tomorrow at the latest now i wanna fully test this new defence.

going quite good then,whats the goals scored and goals against situation looking like

going quite good then,whats the goals scored and goals against situation looking like

I ahve scored in the league 87 goals i have conceded 37, I know my conceded ratio is bad but i have been tweaking alomost every game until i thought of using the defence in the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic that i mentioned earlier, I have played 3 games and with it 2-1 away win at Hull, 1-0 home win against Derby they didn't even have a shot on target, I have just beat West Ham 3-0 in the F.A Cup aswell a full strength team west ham was and they only managed 3 shots on target 0 CCC's compared to my 18 shots 12 on target i didn't create a CCC though.

I defo think the defence has improved you can see the difference straight away, As soon as i finish my season with boro i'll post screens and crack on with Everton.

I'd say it was proberly about a 7 or 8, I've just got in from work slightly ****ed, LOL

Thanks, so to do as good as you can (no matter the formation/style) it's still best to play 4123 then.. :-) And just go this new one if one absolutely want to play wingers?

Thanks, so to do as good as you can (no matter the formation/style) it's still best to play 4123 then.. :-) And just go this new one if one absolutely want to play wingers?

No this tactic hopefully will be as good as the 4-1-2-3 i think it's just as good the minute last night it was a 7-8 with the improved defence it's a 9-10 just depends what you like i suppose.

I ahve scored in the league 87 goals i have conceded 37, I know my conceded ratio is bad but i have been tweaking alomost every game until i thought of using the defence in the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic that i mentioned earlier, I have played 3 games and with it 2-1 away win at Hull, 1-0 home win against Derby they didn't even have a shot on target, I have just beat West Ham 3-0 in the F.A Cup aswell a full strength team west ham was and they only managed 3 shots on target 0 CCC's compared to my 18 shots 12 on target i didn't create a CCC though.

I defo think the defence has improved you can see the difference straight away, As soon as i finish my season with boro i'll post screens and crack on with Everton.

how you looking to set the wingers up,will they be set as wingers,cutting inside any crossing of the ball?

Mr Hough, is your tactic gonna be

DR/DL

2 DC

2 MC

AML/AMR

2 FC

? please shed me some light cause i am getting rid of my AMC and DMC to suit your formation already :D

Also, gonna get world class AML and AMR (Simply because i've played over 6 months of FM10 without wingers, so much that I want to splurge 80m on 4 wingers)

how you looking to set the wingers up,will they be set as wingers,cutting inside any crossing of the ball?

The wingers are set to normal wingplay and i have crossing on rarely, This is the best trust me they still cross when there wide, I encourage them to play more through balls through

Mr Hough, is your tactic gonna be

DR/DL

2 DC

2 MC

AML/AMR

2 FC

? please shed me some light cause i am getting rid of my AMC and DMC to suit your formation already :D

Also, gonna get world class AML and AMR (Simply because i've played over 6 months of FM10 without wingers, so much that I want to splurge 80m on 4 wingers)

The tactic will be exactly how you have said but instead of 2 CM's it's a Dm and a Cm now

sell him for over the odds and buy someone else.

Thanks. But what about players that may want a new challenge? does that mean they don't really want to play for the club anymore or are they just saying how they feel short-term? Thanks

The wingers are set to normal wingplay and i have crossing on rarely, This is the best trust me they still cross when there wide, I encourage them to play more through balls through

i always find it hard to get wingers setup right,with crossing,cut inside v move into channels and forward runs with run with ball often,never get the best out of my wingers,maybe because i create a lot or try to create a lot of 4-1-2-2-1 winger tactics and getting them to interact with the lone striker in the right way

mr.hough,

dont you think, that setting dribblings often for the wingers make them isolate more?

for example in my 4231 system, when I especially play against oppositions with good full backs, my wingers often lose the ball immediately when I try to counter the opponent.

they get the ball and try to immediately dribble through the opposition area.

I know wingers are there, to use that space on the flanks.

but even in real life, did you for example see any winger, except messi, who tries to dribble from the own half/from deep positions?

I made the experience, that they play much better with dribbling set sometimes, since then theyre also considering the man next to them and pass a lot more than just running like headless chicken up and down and trying to cross, which badly finds the target.

I think giving a bit more creativity + dribblings set to sometimes is the best setting for possession play.

and something to the passing settings:

I know you are a fan of short passings, since nearly in each of your tactics, your offensive players have very short passing settings.

but Ive noticed, that this has bad effects on making the killerballs.

for example if you give your wingers very short passing + ttb sometimes, than they often run into 3-4 players instead of playing a pass.

theyre often running towards the player, they want to pass to, instead of you know holding the ball and passing and than running into advanced area.

if you give them normal passing settings, theyre likely to dribble less and make also forward passes.

could you explain me, why you did chose these passing settings?

have a nice day