Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DirtyAce, for your AVD Mod tactic,

would you recommend the 3 strikers to have high 'Creativity' even though they only have 10,11 for creativity?

where should i place strikers that are slow (Pace <12) but Heading and Jumping >15?

or should i just buy 3 strikers that are fast Pace >15 even though they cant head and are pretty weak, Strength <12?

I should say its pretty hard to get strikers that are fast, strong and good in the air. So i'm actually asking for players that are financially tight and

don't really have much choice but only to have strikers that are either (strong in the air and slow) or (speedy but weak).

Here is a little update on my winger tactic and some results i have had with it.

If you didn'y know already the tactic is a 4-2-3-1, The changes i have made to the tactic have been massivlt beneficial in defence and attack, Attack-wide the changes have been making the AMR AML AMC on roam from position, The AMC is an important part of the team not just in attack but also tracking back and trying to win/close the ball down for this reason i have him on the very middle mentality setting but with very high CF and with through balls often.

Defence-wise there are some major changes which haven't ever been in any of my tactics. First one the right CD is on the lowest possible mentality setting and with the closing down 5 notches higher, The left CD is on mentality notch 5 and closing down notch 8 with my DM's on the very middle mentatality setting. My theory behind this is why do i need my CD's to be high mentality when i have 2 DM's there, It didn't make sense and i think that and my deep defence line was the reason why i was conceding goals.

So i changed to the settings above and also changed the D-line aswell to make it higher and the results have been so much better, Not only that though the performace's have been better aswell.

I'll post some screenshots later on today.

Here is a little update on my winger tactic and some results i have had with it.

If you didn'y know already the tactic is a 4-2-3-1, The changes i have made to the tactic have been massivlt beneficial in defence and attack, Attack-wide the changes have been making the AMR AML AMC on roam from position, The AMC is an important part of the team not just in attack but also tracking back and trying to win/close the ball down for this reason i have him on the very middle mentality setting but with very high CF and with through balls often.

Defence-wise there are some major changes which haven't ever been in any of my tactics. First one the right CD is on the lowest possible mentality setting and with the closing down 5 notches higher, The left CD is on mentality notch 5 and closing down notch 8 with my DM's on the very middle mentatality setting. My theory behind this is why do i need my CD's to be high mentality when i have 2 DM's there, It didn't make sense and i think that and my deep defence line was the reason why i was conceding goals.

So i changed to the settings above and also changed the D-line aswell to make it higher and the results have been so much better, Not only that though the performace's have been better aswell.

I'll post some screenshots later on today.

Are both dm's on the same mentality as the left CB - 5 notches?

I find that tight marking ticked on the full backs tends to leave you exposed on the overlap from the oppositions fullbacks I also found my full backs tended to drift to far into the centre leaving my wings completly exposed.

I find that tight marking ticked on the full backs tends to leave you exposed on the overlap from the oppositions fullbacks I also found my full backs tended to drift to far into the centre leaving my wings completly exposed.

Hig touchline on fullbacks???

I have been currently training them in this ppm. And it certainly seems to be having some effect

I think I'm just not a complete fan of very tight marking as it tends to drag a back four all over the place especially if your up against very creative players it can be deadly as it leaves holes all over the place to be exploited. I personally tend to go with close player down on personal instructions against opposition before the match

I have been currently training them in this ppm. And it certainly seems to be having some effect

I think I'm just not a complete fan of very tight marking as it tends to drag a back four all over the place especially if your up against very creative players it can be deadly as it leaves holes all over the place to be exploited. I personally tend to go with close player down on personal instructions against opposition before the match

I agree wih the tight marking can pull players around and it can and does but i think thats where the cover/stopper defence comes in as one is closing down the other backs off but still stays tight to either the other attacker or an opposition player in the defenders area

Here are the 2 tactics you wanted both on mediafire enjoy mate.

Classic Tactic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?99ax536qvlibd9v

ADV MOD tactic by DirtyACE.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6p2z3iep2jgy1pk/AVD MOD - Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version. (Crdoba, Oct 2018).tac

I do also employ tight marking with both centre backs and both defensive midfielders i also use the cover and stopper combination as i like the way it works together. I myself have been playing around with the 4-2-3-1 formation and have made some good progress with it so far but I am struggling with the striker i am Bayern Munich and have Torres who i use as the complete forward when he plays and then Gomez as a deep forward both are played using support. I have tinkered with attack and back to support but although both play well they often fail to convert their chances any suggestions ?

Also my tactic was taken from your 4-1-2-3 formation then pulled apart and tinkered with into something different so you are most welcome to have it and take a look and see if it could be of any use to your own tactic thats under development ?

thing is it's quite hard to suggest things when i haven't seen your entire tactic. i have to be at work soon but i'll post a screenshot of my current striker and AMC settings so you can have a look.

Striker

Strikersettings.jpg

AMC

AMCSettings-2.jpg

Hopefully these will help you get your strikers scoring.

Sorry to bother you Mr Hough, but can u send me the tactic by email? I need it as i cannot access the links. Your help is appreciated.:)

Which one would you like?

I can send them, got them all lol

I thinj playing narrow will defo help you have more possession and overall that will be a massivfe bonus to your team because if you have the ball the opposition can't score.

i play on setting 8 of width so it is pretty narrow, I am gonna send you my tactic to have a play with tomorrow i wanna help you out and i think if you have a look at my settings it might help you with your own tactic. I would send it now but just got in from work and i'm fooked!

wow mr hough that would be pretty nice.

have played 20 games so far 14-2-4 are the statistics with palermo first season currently leader and am now playing against inter in coppa italia.

I am going to try to use your tips, but with small changes.

im gonna try to increase the passing settings of my amc to 10 notches so mixed, cause I think by giving him max. creative freedom, a normally intelligent player will make the right decision. i will try mixed through balls with dribblings often and my striker mixed through balls with dribblings sometimes.

edit: mr.hough I tried your settings with giving roam for the amc amr and aml and also used your mentality settings and tempo width and so on, but didnt really have success.

my wingers are running to early into advanced areas and trying to find a gap even I have the ball in my own half and this causes, that my fullbacks have badly a passing option. my amc acts even more offensive than my striker since he has roaming allowed, so I cant get a connection to the two dmcs.

have also tried to lower the tempo as I thought this would cause, that they take time when making forward runs, but didnt really change much.

am really looking forward to see, how its working with yours.

but would also be nice, if you could send me the tactic today. I am really looking forward to yours^^

FM is a game and not real life - what people want to do with the game that they have bought, is up to them, i for one who dont have all the time in the world to play the game, am very grateful to the people that put the effort in to make tactics

FM is a game and not real life - what people want to do with the game that they have bought, is up to them, i for one who dont have all the time in the world to play the game, am very grateful to the people that put the effort in to make tactics

well said alot of people in my opinion are very envoys/ jealous that they canny make good tactics.

thing is it's quite hard to suggest things when i haven't seen your entire tactic. i have to be at work soon but i'll post a screenshot of my current striker and AMC settings so you can have a look.

Striker

Strikersettings.jpg

AMC

AMCSettings-2.jpg

Hopefully these will help you get your strikers scoring.

Hi Mr Hough. Have u settled on the 4-2-3-1 formation for your new tactic? The reason i ask is I am trying to make a tactic with the formation that u will be using so i can get my team prepared for when your tactic comes out. Thanks

Hi Mr Hough. Have u settled on the 4-2-3-1 formation for your new tactic? The reason i ask is I am trying to make a tactic with the formation that u will be using so i can get my team prepared for when your tactic comes out. Thanks

I'm settled on the attack still not sure about the defence i have good games and then bad games in defence, It could be nothing but i wanna test it more anyway.

People who create tactics to take advantage of the game are doing it all wrong and doing things which are unrealistic are just pointless. Thats not what FM is about.

Thank you for this enlightening lecture in FM ethics. Please do come by again to reveal more of your wisdom to us.

Tell me what is unrealistic about my tactics?

This is just to explain what can be seen as unrealistic about the tactic - especially the 4123. In fact I dont know if we should label your tactic as unrealistic, it is more the GE that are unrealistic. I will just list two main arguments then we can discuss those.

1. Attacking wise the three strikers makes the opposition defence look like pub players. With 4 defenders it should be possible to handle 3 attackers, particular knowing there only is a 3 man midfield. But the backs do not mark/cover or defend against the FCR and FCL.

2. The 3 man midfield is capeable of defending to good. The two MC can cover the entire width of a pitch alone, even if they are facing four-five opposition players. If it where supposed to be a bit realistic, they should be complete out of stamina after some 25-30 min. But they never do.

Feel free to discuss :)

This is just to explain what can be seen as unrealistic about the tactic - especially the 4123. In fact I dont know if we should label your tactic as unrealistic, it is more the GE that are unrealistic. I will just list two main arguments then we can discuss those.

1. Attacking wise the three strikers makes the opposition defence look like pub players. With 4 defenders it should be possible to handle 3 attackers, particular knowing there only is a 3 man midfield. But the backs do not mark/cover or defend against the FCR and FCL.

2. The 3 man midfield is capeable of defending to good. The two MC can cover the entire width of a pitch alone, even if they are facing four-five opposition players. If it where supposed to be a bit realistic, they should be complete out of stamina after some 25-30 min. But they never do.

Feel free to discuss :)

Unfortunately, I do agree with you SLIGHTLY!

Yes tactics are created to make the most of the game, but then you still have so many other factors to take into account!

You would need to buy the 3 right strikers to make the tactic really effective, and manage a team, not just manage a tactic.

Altho every team and every club plays to tactics that suit them and make them play the best they can.

Unfortunately, I do agree with you SLIGHTLY!

Yes tactics are created to make the most of the game, but then you still have so many other factors to take into account!

You would need to buy the 3 right strikers to make the tactic really effective, and manage a team, not just manage a tactic.

Altho every team and every club plays to tactics that suit them and make them play the best they can.

Not really, what you need for strikers is acc and pace, basically that is it. Of course otb, composure, first touch and strength means something, but nothing more important than pace.

It's interesting, I play quite frequently against formations with 3 strikers, mainly 3-4-3 formations, yet my flat four defense has little problems dealing with them most of the time. I'm not trying to disprove any of these claims, in fact, I do know that there are certain advantages to using three strikers, however, these advantages are ever so slight, and only part of it does have to do with the ME lacking in some areas of defense, but you can't claim that all the advantages are because of ME's problems. That's just not true. There are also other reasons why such tactics are successful, especially in attack. One reason is they put many players into dangerous offensive positions either in or near opponent's penalty area, in effect overloading the defense, but that's really the point of it. Just as there's an Overload strategy if you use the tactics creator.

Then there are of course the players themselves, and especially the physical attributes, which are still overpowered somewhat. There's too much emphasis put on them, but that's again an ME problem.

So all in all, you just have a combination of different things. Some are slight ME imbalances or shortcomings, and others are just plain tactical decisions on the part of the tactics makers. If you want to start criticizing a tactic, then you have to criticize them all, because they all use the same principals to certain degrees to achieve success, and all will incorporate a certain exploitation of the ME in one way or another.

My personal advice would be to stop worrying about these things and simply enjoy the game the way you prefer. There are simply too many things for one to consider in order to avoid every single kind of ME exploitation. You'll probably drive yourself crazy trying to play FM the "right way".

It's interesting, I play quite frequently against formations with 3 strikers, mainly 3-4-3 formations, yet my flat four defense has little problems dealing with them most of the time. I'm not trying to disprove any of these claims, in fact, I do know that there are certain advantages to using three strikers, however, these advantages are ever so slight, and only part of it does have to do with the ME lacking in some areas of defense, but you can't claim that all the advantages are because of ME's problems. That's just not true. There are also other reasons why such tactics are successful, especially in attack. One reason is they put many players into dangerous offensive positions either in or near opponent's penalty area, in effect overloading the defense, but that's really the point of it. Just as there's an Overload strategy if you use the tactics creator.

Then there are of course the players themselves, and especially the physical attributes, which are still overpowered somewhat. There's too much emphasis put on them, but that's again an ME problem.

So all in all, you just have a combination of different things. Some are slight ME imbalances or shortcomings, and others are just plain tactical decisions on the part of the tactics makers. If you want to start criticizing a tactic, then you have to criticize them all, because they all use the same principals to certain degrees to achieve success, and all will incorporate a certain exploitation of the ME in one way or another.

My personal advice would be to stop worrying about these things and simply enjoy the game the way you prefer. There are simply too many things for one to consider in order to avoid every single kind of ME exploitation. You'll probably drive yourself crazy trying to play FM the "right way".

I guess some of this is pointed towards me. I just forgot to say, that I primarily play FML - and that I only play FM some 2-3-4 months after each release. But I am playing the game vs human managers, not offline AI controlled teams, which is why we probably experience it differently in the behaviour of the opposition.

I know this is a FM forum, but this tactic is by far the most common tactic in FML, where it really takes advantages of the GE flaws.

I would like to hear your opinion about my point 2?

4-1-2-3 CLASSIC

ST...ST...ST

....MC...MC

........DM

DL..DC..DC..DR

........GK

anyone who knows the roles of each possitions??

ST(center) =Deep Lying F ??

ST(left right) =Advance F ??

MC's =??

DM=Anchor Man ??

DL/DR =??

DC's =??

GK= ??

I WANT TO PUT THEM ON TRAINING SCHEDULES

(sorry for bad english)

thanks ;)

4-1-2-3 CLASSIC

ST...ST...ST

....MC...MC

........DM

DL..DC..DC..DR

........GK

anyone who knows the roles of each possitions??

ST(center) =Deep Lying F ??

ST(left right) =Advance F ??

MC's =??

DM=Anchor Man ??

DL/DR =??

DC's =??

GK= ??

I WANT TO PUT THEM ON TRAINING SCHEDULES

(sorry for bad english)

thanks ;)

GK = Goalkeeper Defend

DL/DR = Full Back Support

DCL = Central Defender Stopper

DCR = Central Defender Cover

DM = Defensive Midfielder Defend

MCs = Central Midfielder Attack

STL/R = Advanced Forward Attack

STC = Deep Lying Forward Support

Ive downloaded the final version of the 4-1-2-3 tactics and its worked great for my Worcester team from Blue Sq North, winning the league every time and now in the Championship. But I'm now getting destroyed defensively. When I won League 1 I scored 119 but let in 66. I've let in 12 in the first 4 championship games (although ive scored 10).

I've tried to get the best players I can for the tactic, but is there any way of tightening up defensively?

Ive downloaded the final version of the 4-1-2-3 tactics and its worked great for my Worcester team from Blue Sq North, winning the league every time and now in the Championship. But I'm now getting destroyed defensively. When I won League 1 I scored 119 but let in 66. I've let in 12 in the first 4 championship games (although ive scored 10).

I've tried to get the best players I can for the tactic, but is there any way of tightening up defensively?

Seriously I havent kept a clean sheet in over 20 league games now - what am I doing wrong? The team mentality is Attacking (one notch from overload), should I be changing this, or is it central to the tactic?

I'm settled on the attack still not sure about the defence i have good games and then bad games in defence, It could be nothing but i wanna test it more anyway.

mr hough

when are you going to send me a beta of your tactic.

cause the settings, you told me, like roam for all the amr,amc and aml plus mentality 10 for amc+rfd sometimes and so werent really helpful, as my wingers and amc were too far away from my other players and I couldnt really build up a game. do you think, its really good, to give roam for all these three?

would be nice if you could send me the tactic as you promised me yesterday.

have a nice day