Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, one question. I've been using mr hough tactics for 4 seasons now (2 seasons for each one). :D Now i've decided to change to the tactic creator one with jp woody collaboration and wanted to ask a question: do you play your left and right forwards on the side opposite to his prefered foot or do you keep the right footed to the right and the left footed to the left?

I guess some of this is pointed towards me. I just forgot to say, that I primarily play FML - and that I only play FM some 2-3-4 months after each release. But I am playing the game vs human managers, not offline AI controlled teams, which is why we probably experience it differently in the behaviour of the opposition.

I know this is a FM forum, but this tactic is by far the most common tactic in FML, where it really takes advantages of the GE flaws.

I would like to hear your opinion about my point 2?

Well, I wasn't trying to target you specifically, it was more of a general statement for anyone arguing or preaching in playing FM in the "right way".

I've never played FML, so don't know how these tactics do there, but I would have thought that when you're playing against other humans, it would actually be harder to replicate the effectiveness of these tactics. Human opponents could do so much more to adapt against various tactical approaches. Perhaps I was wrong in thinking that.

Regarding your second point about the center midfielders, I've had problems playing against teams that pack their midfield, like 3-5-2 or 4-2-2-2 formations. My MCs do get much more tired in those type of games. However, one of my MCs has very high stamina, so he usually lasts through the match just barely, but the other definitely needs to be subbed off around 60 minute or even before that. However, I doubt players would be exhausted after only 30 minutes. That is unless they've stopped training and gained about 30 pounds from eating bacon or something. I think it's a gross overstatement that their condition would take such a huge hit, as you describe it.

Is there a corner exploit already built into the Mr Hough and JP woody 4-1-2-3 tactic?

If you mean the one where you have player standing outside the penalty area, then receiving the ball and shooting it, then no, the tactic does not include this exploit.

Hi guys, one question. I've been using mr hough tactics for 4 seasons now (2 seasons for each one). :D Now i've decided to change to the tactic creator one with jp woody collaboration and wanted to ask a question: do you play your left and right forwards on the side opposite to his prefered foot or do you keep the right footed to the right and the left footed to the left?

Yeah, it can be helpful to have players who's preferred foot matches the side they're on, but it's not an absolute requirement. I use two right-footed players as side strikers, and also have them swap with each other.

If you mean the one where you have player standing outside the penalty area, then receiving the ball and shooting it, then no, the tactic does not include this exploit.

No, I mean the one with far post headers.

No, I mean the one with far post headers.

Yes, it uses that routine. You can always change it if you wish. However, it's not exactly an exploit. I've been barely scoring from corner kicks in the last 3 years and I have world class center backs, one of them attacking far post. Over 95% of my goals come from open play. But like I said, if you don't like it, then simply change the attacking corners routine.

As far as i'm aware you download these files and you put these files into documents/sportsinteractive/fm2010/filters

When you go into the game, you go to shortlist, player search, filters, manager filters and then import them from where you downloaded them. That's it!!!!

I understand its just a game and of course it can be exploited but the truth is FM is supposed to be realistic to some degree. We get told this. When crazy formations come into it which are just unrealistic. It ruins the game. Just my opinion.

i don't think there is anything crazy about my formation it's a 4 at the back a defensive mid player 2 central mid players and central strikers, What is unrealistic about that mate!

i don't think there is anything crazy about my formation it's a 4 at the back a defensive mid player 2 central mid players and central strikers, What is unrealistic about that mate!

I think what many people are thinking is the formation 4-1-2-3,hardly any teams use this in real life,they use similar but the outer strikers play wider down the flanks.Man utd for example my favourite formation for them in real life,rooney up front on his own supported on the flanks by nani and valencia.Chelsea drogba in the centre supported by malouda and anelka,anelka playing slightly out of his natural position but does the job for them.

Mr hough, can you tell me how to create my own formation?

Great skill and determination!

A LOT of patience helps greatly :D

Also its having a general knowledge of FM and tactics...

Learning and understanding what each function does helps you to create your tactic's that you want.

I understand its just a game and of course it can be exploited but the truth is FM is supposed to be realistic to some degree. We get told this. When crazy formations come into it which are just unrealistic. It ruins the game. Just my opinion.

Exactly. That's your opinion. If it ruins the game for you, then by all means, don't use these tactics, no one is forcing you. However, if you have something positive or interesting to contribute, or have questions about these tactics, then you're of course welcome to do so, but don't come in here and try to preach about some fictitious FM ethics. People buy the game and play it the way they want.

I agree with you that FM is supposed to be realistic. However, these tactics are perfectly realistic as well. The formations are perfectly realistic. What is not realistic, or is simply lacking, is the game's match engine. As players, there's nothing we can do about that, except that tell SI that it needs to be improved.

Even think back to some of the previous FM versions. There were some that could not handle a lone striker for example. So what then, using formations with a lone striker was not realistic?

I think what many people are thinking is the formation 4-1-2-3,hardly any teams use this in real life,they use similar but the outer strikers play wider down the flanks.Man utd for example my favourite formation for them in real life,rooney up front on his own supported on the flanks by nani and valencia.Chelsea drogba in the centre supported by malouda and anelka,anelka playing slightly out of his natural position but does the job for them.

I suppose you watch every league and team in the world to be able to make that statement? How exactly is 4-1-2-3 is not realistic? What is so radical about this formation that makes you say this? The wide strikers go wide quite often in it. They act much more as wing forwards/inside forwards, than pure strikers. They provide width to the tactic, along with the full backs.

DirtyAce, for your AVD Mod tactic,

would you recommend the 3 strikers to have high 'Creativity' even though they only have 10,11 for creativity?

where should i place strikers that are slow (Pace <12) but Heading and Jumping >15?

or should i just buy 3 strikers that are fast Pace >15 even though they cant head and are pretty weak, Strength <12?

I should say its pretty hard to get strikers that are fast, strong and good in the air. So i'm actually asking for players that are financially tight and

don't really have much choice but only to have strikers that are either (strong in the air and slow) or (speedy but weak).

upzz for some answers. :)

upzz for some answers. :)

Sorry, I missed your post.

The requirements for strikers stays the same as what Mr. Hough already posted. What do you mean by them having only 10 or 11 for creativity? Can you explain this part a bit more?

Hmm, it would be preferable not to have strikers that are too slow (pace/acceleration less than 14), but if you have no choice, then I'd stick him into the center striker position. If he is strong, then that should offset his lack of speed. However, he also needs to have at least decent balance, because he'll be dealing with the center backs more often.

If I were you, I would invest some money into quick, technical strikers. It's ok if they're not so strong. If they have good pace, acceleration, agility, then you should be fine.

I understand what it is to manage with very little or no transfer funds at all. When I started my career with Cordoba, my board literally gave me no money to spend and my wage budget was a measly 60k per week. I ended up basically signing free players and getting loans in my first season and second. However, there are some great bargains around, just have to find them. Don't forget, you can also loan players that are good. When you're in a tight financial situation, you definitely need to compromise with your transfers. I'd recommend going the fast striker route. Speed is always good to have. The more, the better.

May I ask who you're managing?

Hi. I am trying to develop my own 4-2-3-1 tactic, and I would appreciate your advice. The main problem I have is that I am not getting the best of AMR and AML. They are getting 7/8 goals and 7/8 assists per season, and a lot of dribbles. I want them to play more inside, and score more goals, what do you think I could do?

Really looking forward to seeing this 4231 tactic, my favorite formation but have not been able to make it work in FM2010. Basicly haven't played the game for months because I was bored with the old formation but seeing as this new tactic is on it's way I am getting excited again!

Wonder how it will fair in the 2011 edition... :-)

Exactly. That's your opinion. If it ruins the game for you, then by all means, don't use these tactics, no one is forcing you. However, if you have something positive or interesting to contribute, or have questions about these tactics, then you're of course welcome to do so, but don't come in here and try to preach about some fictitious FM ethics. People buy the game and play it the way they want.

I agree with you that FM is supposed to be realistic. However, these tactics are perfectly realistic as well. The formations are perfectly realistic. What is not realistic, or is simply lacking, is the game's match engine. As players, there's nothing we can do about that, except that tell SI that it needs to be improved.

Even think back to some of the previous FM versions. There were some that could not handle a lone striker for example. So what then, using formations with a lone striker was not realistic?

I suppose you watch every league and team in the world to be able to make that statement? How exactly is 4-1-2-3 is not realistic? What is so radical about this formation that makes you say this? The wide strikers go wide quite often in it. They act much more as wing forwards/inside forwards, than pure strikers. They provide width to the tactic, along with the full backs.

like i said with the anelka situation he drifts out wide.Let's say with this 4-1-2-3 tactic then,with man utd as they sometimes play that type of system but nani and valencia as wingers,if i used the 4-1-2-3 and play nani and valencia as the outer strikers will it work?as many teams play wingers and fm users like to use systems that imply that.I personally don't watch every game but watch a lot,and a good majority that have 3 up top have 2 wide men.In real life football i would say a lot more teams use 4-1-2-2-1 than 4-1-2-3.So back to my earlier sentence would nani,valencia,park,obertan and cleverly work in that wide roll???????

Ok, i mark "cut inside", but the problem is that i can´t make them play the way i want, when they make it. I want them to use their skills, so first, i told them to run with the ball often, but they tended to dribble too much. I would prefer them to mix the shoots, killer passes, dribbles and crossings, so i put those sliders (long shots, run with the ball, crossing) in the middle, and i put them a lot of creative freedom, but i am getting less than 10 assists and goals per season (not too many, as i am talking about very good players). Is it a matter of the player "decisions"? Maybe i should give them less creative freedom, for them to follow my instructions? I want them to play more like Messi on Barcelona, but i can´t find the balance between dribbling, passing and shooting.

Sorry, I missed your post.

The requirements for strikers stays the same as what Mr. Hough already posted. What do you mean by them having only 10 or 11 for creativity? Can you explain this part a bit more?

Hmm, it would be preferable not to have strikers that are too slow (pace/acceleration less than 14), but if you have no choice, then I'd stick him into the center striker position. If he is strong, then that should offset his lack of speed. However, he also needs to have at least decent balance, because he'll be dealing with the center backs more often.

If I were you, I would invest some money into quick, technical strikers. It's ok if they're not so strong. If they have good pace, acceleration, agility, then you should be fine.

I understand what it is to manage with very little or no transfer funds at all. When I started my career with Cordoba, my board literally gave me no money to spend and my wage budget was a measly 60k per week. I ended up basically signing free players and getting loans in my first season and second. However, there are some great bargains around, just have to find them. Don't forget, you can also loan players that are good. When you're in a tight financial situation, you definitely need to compromise with your transfers. I'd recommend going the fast striker route. Speed is always good to have. The more, the better.

May I ask who you're managing?

I'm managing Newcastle Utd.

First of all, I need to pay tribute to your great tactic. and of coz to Mr Hough.

I won the Championship easily (As expected, not a big hoo ha)

but what was amazing is I won the BPL the first season I got up. (This is truely amazing)

Anyway I feel its better I point out my question with the help of some screenshots.

The striker in question is Andy Carroll.

fm003.jpg

What I meant in my post is for Carroll, he only has 11 for his creativity.

Assuming the full backs regularly crosses the ball for him to head, I would want to put him in the centre striker position.

fm001.jpg

Yet for that position the Creative Freedom is actually maxed out. I am wondering if I should keep it maxed or I should actually drag it all the way from 'Much' down to 'Little'

Same goes for the two striking positions. (Although it is generally easier to get quick strikers with good Creativity)

fm002.jpg

Am I understanding the whole thing wrongly?

Or is there a stark difference between Creative Freedom and Players' Creativity?

I have been telling myself that if a player is generally not that creative, I should limit his creative freedom.

Similarly if he is very creative, >15, I would try to push his creative freedom up a few notches.

like i said with the anelka situation he drifts out wide.Let's say with this 4-1-2-3 tactic then,with man utd as they sometimes play that type of system but nani and valencia as wingers,if i used the 4-1-2-3 and play nani and valencia as the outer strikers will it work?as many teams play wingers and fm users like to use systems that imply that.I personally don't watch every game but watch a lot,and a good majority that have 3 up top have 2 wide men.In real life football i would say a lot more teams use 4-1-2-2-1 than 4-1-2-3.So back to my earlier sentence would nani,valencia,park,obertan and cleverly work in that wide roll???????

Yes, you should do fine with Valencia and Nani in the side striker positions. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Several people have already tried this or something similar. You can try searching through this thread, but there are players that have played wingers in those positions.

Just one suggestion, retrain both to strikers, and put them both on striker training schedules. This way you can perhaps improve their finishing and composure a bit.

I'm managing Newcastle Utd.

First of all, I need to pay tribute to your great tactic. and of coz to Mr Hough.

I won the Championship easily (As expected, not a big hoo ha)

but what was amazing is I won the BPL the first season I got up. (This is truely amazing)

Well, I think pretty much all the credit should go to Mr. Hough. He designed the original tactic. I simply tweaked it slightly here and there. However, thank you nevertheless :)

Anyway I feel its better I point out my question with the help of some screenshots.

The striker in question is Andy Carroll.

fm003.jpg

What I meant in my post is for Carroll, he only has 11 for his creativity.

Assuming the full backs regularly crosses the ball for him to head, I would want to put him in the centre striker position.

fm001.jpg

Yet for that position the Creative Freedom is actually maxed out. I am wondering if I should keep it maxed or I should actually drag it all the way from 'Much' down to 'Little'

Same goes for the two striking positions. (Although it is generally easier to get quick strikers with good Creativity)

fm002.jpg

Ok, I see what you mean. From the screen shot, it seems to me that Andy Carroll is a pretty bad striker for this position. He just has too many weak areas. In all honesty, if I was managing Newcastle, I'd sell Carroll. There are better options out there, like Mario Mandzukic for example. You can try lowering it for Carroll, but it will make that position less effective if you go too low.

Am I understanding the whole thing wrongly?

Or is there a stark difference between Creative Freedom and Players' Creativity?

I have been telling myself that if a player is generally not that creative, I should limit his creative freedom.

Similarly if he is very creative, >15, I would try to push his creative freedom up a few notches.

Yes, you're misunderstanding to a certain degree the relationship between creativity and creative freedom, but it's ok, many players do, including myself at some point.

Here's a really good explanation by SFraser from his thread about creativity and flair:

Creativity

Creativity is the ability to see things on the pitch. And not merely see possible passes but to see all possible options. From watching my team in action it is apparent to me that Creativity affects the ability to see every possible opening, opportunity or option. Creativity affects the ability to see finishes, to see ways of beating a man, to see where a first touch or dribble can go, to see targets for crosses or corners or the options for a freekick. Creativity is not merely an attribute for a playmaker sitting whipping the ball around the pitch, it is an attribute for everyone to see everything.

Flair

Flair is the desire to attempt the audacious and the ambitious, to take on risky options and try something. A genius without Flair is a conservative player taking the simple option and not expressing his ability. An idiot with Flair is someone you can be sure will always try to attack and try to make something happen but 9 times out 10 will completely waste possession.

A genius with Flair is a sight to behold. You give him options and make the game easy for him in terms of passes and runners and space and delivery to his feet and he will tear teams apart in a huge variety of ways. You slow down your Tempo just enough to make sure he doesn't rush and you can expect defences to be unlocked, the ball to be kept, opponents to be skinned, passes to be linked up and flicked accurately around.

Flair is the vital second component to Creativity. Without the ambition and desire to attempt the very things the player is capable of his talents will be wasted.

Now regarding the Creative Freedom setting. What it affects is flair, and flair affects creativity. It affects it by controlling how much the player is willing to express his creativity, or any of his other attributes.

Yes, you should do fine with Valencia and Nani in the side striker positions. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Several people have already tried this or something similar. You can try searching through this thread, but there are players that have played wingers in those positions.

Just one suggestion, retrain both to strikers, and put them both on striker training schedules. This way you can perhaps improve their finishing and composure a bit.

Well, I think pretty much all the credit should go to Mr. Hough. He designed the original tactic. I simply tweaked it slightly here and there. However, thank you nevertheless :)

Ok, I see what you mean. From the screen shot, it seems to me that Andy Carroll is a pretty bad striker for this position. He just has too many weak areas. In all honesty, if I was managing Newcastle, I'd sell Carroll. There are better options out there, like Mario Mandzukic for example. You can try lowering it for Carroll, but it will make that position less effective if you go too low.

Yes, you're misunderstanding to a certain degree the relationship between creativity and creative freedom, but it's ok, many players do, including myself at some point.

Here's a really good explanation by SFraser from his thread about creativity and flair:

Now regarding the Creative Freedom setting. What it affects is flair, and flair affects creativity. It affects it by controlling how much the player is willing to express his creativity, or any of his other attributes.

I think i understand what you're saying about creative freedom. This is my world-class midfielder Harry Armstrong:-

11harryarmstrong.png

Now to me, he has all the stats a midfielder should have. Creativity, decisions, passing, technique, dribbling a bit of finishing and excellent workrate and teamwork. The one thing that lets him down is his flair stat of 9. So tell me if i'm right. He's the kind of player that see everything(creativity) but because of his flair stat he is hardly ever going to express himself fully through his stats all of the time. So his creative freedom should be around 7-12 clicks. Am i on the right track here? Thanks

I think i understand what you're saying about creative freedom. This is my world-class midfielder Harry Armstrong:-

11harryarmstrong.png

Now to me, he has all the stats a midfielder should have. Creativity, decisions, passing, technique, dribbling a bit of finishing and excellent workrate and teamwork. The one thing that lets him down is his flair stat of 9. So tell me if i'm right. He's the kind of player that see everything(creativity) but because of his flair stat he is hardly ever going to express himself fully through his stats all of the time. So his creative freedom should be around 7-12 clicks. Am i on the right track here? Thanks

He looks great, but yes, the low flair attribute will let him down at times, however, with so many other excellent attributes, he should still be just fine. I would personally just leave his creative freedom setting in the middle as it already is.

It's kind of difficult to give a complete explanation, but in his case, the low flair will prevent him from taking riskier options. With high flair, players will be more flamboyant or eccentric in their approach (think of Ronaldinho in his Barca days ). Like they'll try things that may seem impossible, more often. Harry Armstrong here, will still be quite creative, and will make great decisions, but he wont try really eccentric stuff. He'll just stick to the norm much more.

That's ok, I don't really play Carroll as my first team player. I really just kept him because of his Real Life contribution to Newcastle Utd.

So I have 2 other players I would like to ask who should be placed at where.

First up, John Fleck.

fm004c.jpg

Second, Jo.

fm005.jpg

Where should I place Fleck? He seems to be as being more creative than Jo in terms of creativity and flair than Jo. But he is very bad aerially.

Since the Left and Right striker would behave similarly to wingers, I would reckon Fleck be on the left/right. But yet the creative freedom just gives the centre forward too much leeway (and as I pointed out, A high in Creativity and Flair Target Striker doesn't come cheap)

I would try Jo as center striker and Fleck as one of the side strikers. You should also try to design a training schedule for Fleck which will improve his acceleration and pace a bit. Those are pretty much the only areas where I can see him lacking a bit.

You can find some good pacy strikers for cheap. Like Gaston Fernandez for example. He is free at the beginning of the game. There's also Etien Velikonja who plays for Gorika in Slovenia. Armin Zec who plays in Croatia. Mario Mandzukic, also plays in Croatia for Dinamo. Marco Ruben, plays for Villarreal, but can be bought for less than 1 million Euros. There's really plenty of cheap talent, just have to find it. The main thing in these tactics, is that the strikers needs to have at least decent pace and acceleration, plus flair, and decent technical ability. You can get away from them having not as much creativity. While you have little money, you have to make sacrifices and compromises. Then later on you can really look for top class strikers when you have more money. Or you can go a different route and develop your own, which is what I prefer doing mostly, because you can mould them into players you truly want. Like these two guys from my squad for example:

denisgoncharenko.png

robertopenuela.png

I would try Jo as center striker and Fleck as one of the side strikers. You should also try to design a training schedule for Fleck which will improve his acceleration and pace a bit. Those are pretty much the only areas where I can see him lacking a bit.

You can find some good pacy strikers for cheap. Like Gaston Fernandez for example. He is free at the beginning of the game. There's also Etien Velikonja who plays for Gorika in Slovenia. Armin Zec who plays in Croatia. Mario Mandzukic, also plays in Croatia for Dinamo. Marco Ruben, plays for Villarreal, but can be bought for less than 1 million Euros. There's really plenty of cheap talent, just have to find it. The main thing in these tactics, is that the strikers needs to have at least decent pace and acceleration, plus flair, and decent technical ability. You can get away from them having not as much creativity. While you have little money, you have to make sacrifices and compromises. Then later on you can really look for top class strikers when you have more money. Or you can go a different route and develop your own, which is what I prefer doing mostly.

i see, thats ok. So i guess all 3 strikers would favour pace more than heading?

Another Update.

The formation is now a 4-1-1-2-2 so thats 4 at the back 1 DM 1 CM 2 wingers (Left and Right) 2 central strikers, I moved the AMC to the striker position purely to give me more attacking power, His mentality is still the same as the AMC, But he is just in the strikers postion now. This helps with Link Up play between the midfield and both wingers too.

I'm currently testing with my Home Team Middlesbrough on an updated Database, I will be playing this save as a career so i have made some transfers not many but ones that will help balance out the team.

I'm happy with the way the team plays, The way the players attack and defend, I'm not going to release it yet though possibly later on today at the very earlyiest, Or maybe sometime this weekend.

I'll upload some screens later on today to show you how i'm doin with 'Boro

Edit.

I did create the tactic in the Classic format but now have made it in the wizard and will be working releasing the wizard rather than the classic.

dave we fmers are really apperciate ur works, we really grateful to have some1 like u, we cant even describe in words how thankful we are with u here =)

hope u continue making formation, im looking foward to ur new formation with wingers

cheers mate

-Sam

dave we fmers are really apperciate ur works, we really grateful to have some1 like u, we cant even describe in words how thankful we are with u here =)

hope u continue making formation, im looking foward to ur new formation with wingers

cheers mate

-Sam

To be perfectly honest i enjoy making them, I enjoyed making my first one ever on the Possession Domionation thread, It's just snowballed from there really on how what different tactics i could make and if there where as successful as previous ones.

Thats one of the reasons i hold off releasing them because i want to get them as good if not better than anything i've done before.

Another Update.

The formation is now a 4-1-1-2-2 so thats 4 at the back 1 DM 1 CM 2 wingers (Left and Right) 2 central strikers, I moved the AMC to the striker position purely to give me more attacking power, His mentality is still the same as the AMC, But he is just in the strikers postion now. This helps with Link Up play between the midfield and both wingers too.

I'm currently testing with my Home Team Middlesbrough on an updated Database, I will be playing this save as a career so i have made some transfers not many but ones that will help balance out the team.

I'm happy with the way the team plays, The way the players attack and defend, I'm not going to release it yet though possibly later on today at the very earlyiest, Or maybe sometime this weekend.

Edit.

I did create the tactic in the Classic format but now have made it in the wizard and will be working releasing the wizard rather than the classic.

brilliant news,can't wait to see it,just downloaded a summer 2010 transfer update and getting my man utd team prepared for this tactic,bringing in rene adler(gk)guilerme ochoa(gk) and for the holding midfield roll looking at de rossi from roma,going to be costly but think he might be worth it.

brilliant news,can't wait to see it,just downloaded a summer 2010 transfer update and getting my man utd team prepared for this tactic,bringing in rene adler(gk)guilerme ochoa(gk) and for the holding midfield roll looking at de rossi from roma,going to be costly but think he might be worth it.

That should be good, for my 'Boro side i have brought in Simon Poulson on loan and he has been fantastic down the left, setting up 6 goals in 10 games so far, I'm also using a target man in this tactic, Scott McDonald who has scored 11 in 12 games.

I'm gonna post some screens on a goal i just scored and it will show the effective 'Deep' striker and the target man in full effect.

Reading playing in blue have a throw in deep in my half near the corner flag as you can see from the shot i have everything in the box covered and as i see the only goalscoring chance is if i give away a pen.

BoroGoal.jpg

In the next screen it will show you that David Weather has won the header and gary 'O neil has won the follow up and knocked it down to Scott Mcdonald.

As you can see Scott Mcdonald is deeper than he would be when receiving this ball, That's how i have set him up now he could either play the ball back to my Number 11 Petre or he could swing it out wide to poulson who is making his way up the left wing.

BoroGoal3.jpg

He don't do any of these and if you notice on the above screen the Reading defender is just to the right of McDonald so he spins him easily and advances down the pitch that brings one of the defenders that was marking leroy lita to him and so mcdonald has an easy option of passing the ball to lita who just manages to keep himself onside, He is through 1-1 and well he don't miss these chances.

BoroGoal2-1.jpg

As you can see from the above screen that the number 18 reading player don't even come over to cover as he is covering poulson and my player lita is free and clear on goal with 3 Reading players chasing him.

The effective Deep striker and Target man in effect here.

That should be good, for my 'Boro side i have brought in Simon Poulson on loan and he has been fantastic down the left, setting up 6 goals in 10 games so far, I'm also using a target man in this tactic, Scott McDonald who has scored 11 in 12 games.

Any release eta?! ;)

would you reccomend berbetov as my target man?rotated with owen?going to use rooney,macheda,chichereto,owen and berbetov as my strikers,rotated using macheda and chichereto to develop them for future stars

Another Update.

Edit.

hi mr.hough,

why did you change the tactic?

me myself have finished as runner up and reached the quarter finals of coppa italia.

I found out, that when you order your wingers to cut inside, than they will make much better runs into the box.

am still working on the tactic.

sad to read, that you changed your shape.

but do you still have the same settings for your wingers? so roam, high mentality, normal wider play, shortest passing, rfd sometimes and so on?

would you reccomend berbetov as my target man?rotated with owen?going to use rooney,macheda,chichereto,owen and berbetov as my strikers,rotated using macheda and chichereto to develop them for future stars

The target man is a pure striker, Fast quick player who who will score goals the deep striker would suit berbetov because i think he is better at creating things, So i'd have either owen or rooney as target man and berbetov as target man.

hi mr.hough,

why did you change the tactic?

me myself have finished as runner up and reached the quarter finals of coppa italia.

I found out, that when you order your wingers to cut inside, than they will make much better runs into the box.

am still working on the tactic.

sad to read, that you changed your shape.

but do you still have the same settings for your wingers? so roam, high mentality, normal wider play, shortest passing, rfd sometimes and so on?

No i have changed the set up completly, It was too random the performaces and i didn't like that so i've tried to make it more better with these current settings,

No i have changed the set up completly, It was too random the performaces and i didn't like that so i've tried to make it more better with these current settings,

yes, think exactly the same.

especially, the fact, that you just play with one striker make the games more random. I often have games, where I have 79% possession with over 10 shots on target and so on, but I cant find the net.

I guess its because the wingers in fm arent that dangerous in the opposition area.

they can make good runs and get into position but often fail to score.

well I have some ideas for the new season, If I fail, I will change to a 2 man forward tactic aswell.

maybe a 442 with two dmcs

The target man is a pure striker, Fast quick player who who will score goals the deep striker would suit berbetov because i think he is better at creating things, So i'd have either owen or rooney as target man and berbetov as target man.

will setup first choice partnership as rooney and berbetov(target man) then,how is the tactic coming on,is it looking like today.Prepared my man utd team,bringing in a lot of youngsters on contract not protected,saving money on big future transfers,going to try s frasier training schedule,is this what you use??