Steam Updating FM2010, Patch 10.3?!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steam will automatically update when available.

Try restarting Steam.

Do not download the torrent patches as that will break your game.

I've tried restarting, I've tried launching and closing the game, I've tried restarting my internet connection, I've tried shouting at my computer, I've tried getting bored and going on Facebook, but nothing has worked. :(

Now I wish I had have bought by Steam! I will wait for the direct download link!

If you have a boxed copy you can still install by steam.

Though I wouldn't recommend it right now as their servers are likely to be fairly busy for a while.

I've tried restarting, I've tried launching and closing the game, I've tried restarting my internet connection, I've tried shouting at my computer, I've tried getting bored and going on Facebook, but nothing has worked. :(

You've done all that in 21 minutes?

Did you start up your game and check it's not 10.3 yet? Could be it updated it quietly while you weren't aware of the patch, or it could be the servers are so busy at the moment they have to filter it down a bit slower. I'm not Steam staff so can't say for sure.

Thanks SI! :D

I will now start up a game with Reading :D

(if gylfi sigurdsson's stats are not up...)

Remember we were in the relegation zone when the data was reviewed - however i think you'll be happy enough with Sigurdsson's new stats.

I haven't played FM since Jan and have just been waiting for the patch!!! I've spent the last few days hoping that its gonna released any minute. And now typically as i watch it download i'm filled with dread that the patch won't fix the bugs i want and won't have been worth the wait! LOL. Am i a pessimist?

Updates to Football Manager 2010 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Football Manager 2010

Fixed crash when clicking on the backroom advice button

Players who say they are willing to leave the club to help with the clubs debts no longer get upset if you transfer list or offer them out.

Fixed scouts completing thier nation assignments too early for small reputation clubs.

Adjusted generation of names for Croatian newgens with second nationalities.

Fixed older newgens in some cases getting youth contracts instead of regular contracts.

Playing for a clubs A and B teams now does not count as having already played for 2 clubs in a season when joining a new team.

Past meetings tables are now sorted by goal difference and goals for after points.

National team facts information panel now only uses first team players.

Adjusted changes in very low average attendances

Fixed newgen name issues where some African newgens for example were getting English names because of their birth city language being English.

Players no longer get unhappy about the clubs league position until after a reasonable amount of games have been played.

Fixed bug where a person loses a language skill when changing from a player to a staff member.

Stopped inappropriate manager to manager comments been available on Brazilian State league games.

Adjusted newgen attribute creation and development

Adjusted Danish cup attendances

Players dont get called up to Olympic qualifiers if they have important club matches.

Automatic rejection of other national job offers if offered multiple jobs. When you accept an offer, it auto-rejects the other jobs just like it does with club management

Adjusted Turkish Super Cup attendances

Adjusted Bulgarian attendances in continental matches

Taken from Steam Update News

It said on steam that its going to take an hour to download. Is this normal? And trying to keep in the excitement here, but will if the patch is save game compatible, does that just mean that players stats are changed and bugs are fixed? Meaning that transfers wont be affected?

You've done all that in 21 minutes?

Did you start up your game and check it's not 10.3 yet? Could be it updated it quietly while you weren't aware of the patch, or it could be the servers are so busy at the moment they have to filter it down a bit slower. I'm not Steam staff so can't say for sure.

21 minutes is a long time to essentially do nothing. :D

As I said above, I sorted it by disabling and re-enabling auto-update. Thanks for your help anyway! :thup:

Can I carry on with my old save or do I need to start a new game for the patch to take effect ?

Either way- it is hibernation time for me.

Goodbye my friends.

You can carry on with a saved game, bugs will be updated instantly some things (rule changes) may only change at the end of a season. And of course you will have the same database as the saved game had.

Archived