Do you will buy FM09 ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Dejyothin:

With regards to the issue surrounding bugs, we've never claimed to be perfect. We are however always up front, open and honest whenever we've made mistakes and we'd like to think that goes a long way for many of you.

On top of all that, we do strive to get better and do things better with each and every release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mostly the reason why i stick by SI and will buy the game every year. icon14.gif

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely will be buying it.

One thing I would ask for though, is to have English language hard-wired into ALL releases, or make it possible to download the ltc files from SI.

I live in Spain and when I've previously bought FM08, FM07 from my local games store - the languages available have been Spanish, Portuguese, French or Italian. Now my Spanish is ok, but not to the extent I could play the game fully.

The only way I've been able to get the ltc files before is to download the demos and swap the language files across to my full installation of FM.

So to reiterate -

1) English language as a selectable option in all releases, after all, it's only about 750kb of file space.

or...

2) Make ALL language files available to download, either from an SI/SEGA website or authorised mirrors.

May or may not, depends on what changes are offered and if they make that big a difference.

Basically, with as much work as is done by those of us who work on updated db and the like, I see no reason to buy FM09 unless they make something huge happen.

I like many have been wanting to see some sort of league editing ability in this game and the addition more leagues. IF that happens, especially the league editor, I would jump at the chance, but being that I live most of the time from paycheck to paycheck, I dont see me plopping down 40 or so dollars for a game that only offers a few tweaks and additions.

As has been said, there is no real competition for SI and although they have been respectful toward its buyers in the past and do seem to try to listen to what we recommend, but like I said, unless there are some great new features or more new leagues, or expansion of the existing ones, I dont see a need to switch. I can update the FM08 db and keep going for a very long time.

Peace

Guest Navik

No I wont be buying 09, i've played since CM97/98 and usually played EPL but recently I have found a new passion for the MLS (both watching and playing in FM).

Even after 8.0.2 the MLS is a complete farce to play, I'm only visiting thses forums in hope of another patch icon13.gif

I'll be doing the same as KRS. The fact that its now March, there's been two patches released and I still find FM07 a far more enjoyable game is a little depressing really, so I won't be buying FM09 on release date, regardless of how much I enjoy the demo (because the long-term issues aren't going to be apparent with the demo).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kvadruple:

As I said earlier - buing FM because only of FM is not future-wise. Onlyiest result will be degrading quality of FM (because of no real/none competetion). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the other hand, continuing sales mean continuing funding for the development staff.

Falling sales don't mean "sudden improved development!"

Falling sales typically mean layoffs.

Layoffs are not going to mean "less bugs" or "a better game".

So, whether I'm 100% satisfied with the product or not, I'm definitely going to buy the next one.

Because I want to see it continue to improve.

I will most likely buy the next version. I don't expect other competitors to match SI yet, but nothing is certain. There will be improvement for the existing features and possibly a few more features. I will wait to see those.

I wish there are some places to give away the old version.

I will most probably buy FM09 but I wish that it were possible for SI to skip a year and work on FM2010. With alot longer to work on the game itself rather than the data alot of stuff could be ironed out.

Of course, much like like, perfection is always out of reach.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kvadruple:

As I said earlier - buing FM because only of FM is not future-wise. Onlyiest result will be degrading quality of FM (because of no real/none competetion). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the other hand, continuing sales mean continuing funding for the development staff.

Falling sales don't mean "sudden improved development!"

Falling sales typically mean layoffs.

Layoffs are not going to mean "less bugs" or "a better game".

So, whether I'm 100% satisfied with the product or not, I'm definitely going to buy the next one.

Because I want to see it continue to improve. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have right, at some point - but look at it from differen perspective.

Steady income mean not only comfortable develepment, but no presure for major improvments too. Nice example is Intel - Intel posponed relasing of new procesors from Q4 07 down to Q2 08 for simple reason - no presure to relase of better procesors (lack of competition/pressure ) - and good enougs sales of older CPUs.

And look for AMD - AMD is relasing many new versions of CPUs despite bad financial situation/low sales - with onlyiest hope - new CPUs will bring new customers for them (due to behavior of intel).

Same for ATI new firepower against NVIDIA.

I must repeat myself - buy AMD for better intels CPUs, buy ATI for better NVIDIA.

BTW - and imagine situation if intel/nvidia/SI :-) - will have NO REAL/NO AT ALL competition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

Ironically...

I can safely bet that every one who answers on this thread (be it Yes or No) WILL BUY '09.

And you know it's true.

I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehehe, dont forget there is ALWAYS THIRD PATH.

And third path for us in this case is MAYBY :-)))).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by junky:

I will most probably buy FM09 but I wish that it were possible for SI to skip a year and work on FM2010. With alot longer to work on the game itself rather than the data alot of stuff could be ironed out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case, why not just skip FM09 and get FM10 when it comes out? Since the features introduced in FM09 will be in FM10 as well, for you it'll effectively be as if there was no FM09. (The data is handled by the researchers, I don't think SI spend very much time at all on it; thus I think the code for FM10 will be pretty much the same, regardless of whether there is an FM09 released or not.)

This is pretty much what I did with FM08: after playing the demo I didn't feel like there had been enough progress from FM07, and never bought FM08. So I think I'll probably get FM09 very soon after the release, assuming the demo is decent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArcticFish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by junky:

I will most probably buy FM09 but I wish that it were possible for SI to skip a year and work on FM2010. With alot longer to work on the game itself rather than the data alot of stuff could be ironed out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case, why not just skip FM09 and get FM10 when it comes out? Since the features introduced in FM09 will be in FM10 as well, for you it'll effectively be as if there was no FM09. (The data is handled by the researchers, I don't think SI spend very much time at all on it; thus I think the code for FM10 will be pretty much the same, regardless of whether there is an FM09 released or not.)

This is pretty much what I did with FM08: after playing the demo I didn't feel like there had been enough progress from FM07, and never bought FM08. So I think I'll probably get FM09 very soon after the release, assuming the demo is decent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because creating an actual release takes up a lot of time, both in making the release itself as well as the customer care afterwards. If one could skip an actual public release, you could, theoretically, make more progress than if you had an intermediate release. That is, FM10 without FM09 would probably be a much bigger improvement over FM08 than FM10 with an FM09.

Of course, there are other considerations. One is the purely the business one, that is, SI probably cannot afford to skip a year as the yearly FM-sales probably makes up a lot of their revenue as well as risking losing market share. Further, the advantage of an actual public release is that you can get customer feedback on the future of the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

i'll wait until a patch is out then check here to see what kind of criticism it's getting, then decide whether i buy it or not

i really don't get the mentality of people who'll say they'll buy it for years to come, no matter what </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lim:

I will also be buying fm09 depsite the bugs in 08.But i do hope that they dont rush it and take there time in testing the game before release, i dont like all these patches they release left right and centre... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"All these patches"? There were two.

I never download demos, as they ruin Windows, but I will for the first time try FM09 before and if I buy it.

Somehow, I have a hunch that it would be significantly better than current version, at least, I hope to see a balanced game, kinda Ogame thing, crappy look, but balanced which makes the game so addictive.

Good luck SI.

Oz

Nope... I'm addicted to FM08 at the moment and have no intention of giving it up yet... agree with most people on here... i'll wait and see how it goes fater the 1st FM09 patch... I'll also have FM Live to keep me entertained!!!

I have ben long time fan of CM/FM series from Si for very long time, but after disasterous FM08 with bugs and with appochach of SI team to customers with " this is is not bug, but feature" which most customers (players) see as bug...interesing situation. Combined with to early relase of 8.02 (on 14th and most players hoping/expecting for 25th) with known issues (which is very easy to fix) - I have lost faith in quality of SI programers.

If I will buy FM09 it will be earliest at cca 3 mohnts (and first patch) after first relase to see how many bugs is in game and if lung term ruining bugs are present.

And I wonder how is posible to have bugs in 8.00 - later - which didnt exist in FM07 (or earlier). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM for me.

Especially since one of the creators in an Evertonian (or QPR fan).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lim:

I will also be buying fm09 depsite the bugs in 08.But i do hope that they dont rush it and take there time in testing the game before release, i dont like all these patches they release left right and centre... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"All these patches"? There were two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beta 1

Beta 2

8.0.2 version 1

8.0.2 version 2

5 patches. As bad as CM4. Whether you call it a patch, a hotfix, or an enhancement pack *shudder* it's still a patch.

FM for me these days is like that minging girl who you know you shouldnt go near, buts its 2am, the house lights are on and you just think '**** it'. Literally. You should know better and you'll regret it in the morning yet you know you'll do it again.

so to answer do i want to buy it: no, will i end up buying it: probably

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Actualy, it was 5.

Beta 1 of 8.01, beta2 of 8.01, 8.01 full, 8.02 full, re-relased 8.02.

Actualy, it was 5.

Beta 1 of 8.01, beta2 of 8.01, 8.01 full, 8.02 full, re-relased 8.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where you're wrong.

The beta patches were for testing purposes only.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Actualy, it was 5.

Beta 1 of 8.01, beta2 of 8.01, 8.01 full, 8.02 full, re-relased 8.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where you're wrong.

The beta patches were for testing purposes only. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So was the original game but sadly they saw fit to release that to the public. If they let people download it, it's a fresh version. Stop deluding yourself boy.

Bla bla bla bla bla.

It was made quite clear that they should only be downloaded for testing purposes - they were not 'official' patches.

Of course you have your own agenda and will always change the details to suit yourself.

How many posters on this thread have tried the "I'm so hard, I'm hiding behind a keyboard so I'll stand up and put my head above the crowd?"

Someone should make a note of their user names. 10 to a penny 75% of them post about then new game once its out

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theboydonegood:

FM for me these days is like that minging girl who you know you shouldnt go near, buts its 2am, the house lights are on and you just think '**** it'. Literally. You should know better and you'll regret it in the morning yet you know you'll do it again.

so to answer do i want to buy it: no, will i end up buying it: probably

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh?

6 years on the forum, probably more playing the game?

You must have kids? or a demanding wife?

Archived