The FMS X-Factor

Terk

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah your Joe Mcellderry and a mass campaign on facebook is going to stop you from winning it :D

It won't be RATM this time though, I hear they're still chasing Florence and her machine :p

I got a decent amount of votes there, thanks to anybody who voted for me :D Hopefully I'm one of the few that got a transfer and, with any luck, I'll be playing at the Bridge this season :D Thanks again!

At least you're not Alexandra Burke. Joe Whatshisface only massacred a terrible song, rather than one of the classics.

I only didn't vote for Zars because I presumed he'd get loads of votes anyway. Therefore, I suggest you vote for him, whoever ends up judging.

whoever ends up judging.

Judging panel already been decided, it was the top three scorers from this week, so it is Elrithral, 10-3 and Th-Perfect-FM'er!. Those guys need to PM me their choice on who should be voted off.

Having collected two of the three votes from our esteemed judges, maybe it was the fact that he's a centre back that can't jump, maybe it was the number of yellow cards he picked up, maybe it's just that no one likes him, but the first contestant to leave the FMS X-Factor is BenArsenal.

Ben, please make your way to the stage to make your leaving speech. Feel free to insult whomever you wish.

*sulky face*

You lot don't appreciate me. You'll regret it I tell you. REGRET IT!

*storms off stage*

:p

I love you Ben, thank you for your brave sacrifice. After all, someone has to run at the machinegun from the front so that the rest of us can flank it! :D

All done in the editor. Created each player with their user name as the player's common name, set positions based on a random draw I did, set everyone with the same CA and PA but left all other attributes clear. Then loaded the file as I started the new game. Took a couple of hours of editing, nothing major.

I love you Ben, thank you for your brave sacrifice. After all, someone has to run at the machinegun from the front so that the rest of us can flank it! :D

I also think this. Thank you Ben.

Thanks to the judges that voted me, your kindness will not be forgotten.

PM me if you did and receive free votes thats right free votes! Pay by credit card and receive a collectors item T-shirt signed by Saxonaitor himself :p

January 2011 Update

Part 1

Balthazars (Ipswich)

Ipswich may not be doing as well this season, but Balthazars is certainly improving, becoming an almost ever present on the left of Roy Keane's 4-4-2 before an achilies injury against Preston ruled him out. There's only so much a winger can do when the strikers he is feeding are Jon Steadn and Tamas Priskin, but a good end ot the season could still see Ipswich push up from 12th and into the play-off mix, but they'll need Balthazars back in the side to do that.

The RingMaster (Hibernian)

Not content with only almost getting Hibs relegated last season, The RingMaster stayed around for another shot. 8th place after 25 games isn't a bad start, and the nine point gap they have built up over the bottom side could easily be eroded come the end of the season. RingMaster made his international debut against Greece in June 2010, and is being labelled by some as 'the next Alan Hansen', but his judgement is clearly off as he thinks Sol Bamba is a good player.

Celtic_1967 (Southampton)

Southampton wouldn't entertain bids for the 10-3 baiter during the summer, but rather than sulk like Marco Negri, he;s got his head down and made the right wing slot his own, 6 assists so far helping the Saints to six points clear of the Championship relegation zone. Still yet to make his full international debut, he is being kept out of the squad by the dastardly Scott Arfield, who somehow earned a move to Liverpool from Falkirk.

Elrithral (AS Monaco)

The top scorer from the last round, the boy from Norn Iron has cemented his place as the nation's #1 and has actually even helped them win a game in the European Championship qualifying (though it was against Andorra and he did concede a goal). Could he help them land silverware in the Four Associations tournament in May, however? That looks like being his only chance of a trophy this season as Monaco are resolutely mid table, not in danger of relegation, nor of troubling the European places.

swagat singa (Sparta Prague)

From Bulgaria to the Czech Republic, swagat is getting his Eastern European geography down pretty good now. Sparta parted with £170,000 to prise him from Loko (Sofia) and he has become a regular fixture in their side. Still, however, he can't break into the national side (which has to call into question the sanity of the Indian coaching staff). At least with Sparta he's got a good chance of competing in a decent European competition over the next few years.

The-Perfect-FM'er! (Derby)

He's played 67 league games now for Derby, but I'm not sure he'll want to play many more if they slide further down the table. Currently sitting just one place outside the relegation zone, they did at least beat Balthazars' Ipswich in the FA Cup third round and have a fourth round replay against Swansea to look forward to. Currently he's willing to remain at the club, possibly because manager Joe Royle is listed amongst his favoured personnel.

SCIAG (Derby)

SCIAG's league performances have picked up from last season; it's just a pity for both Perfect and himself that the club's goalkeeper, Stephen Bywater, couldn't catch a cold. SCIAG is unsettled at the club, doesn't have the same fondness for Joe Royal as The-Perfect-FM'er! does and it's a surprise he's still at Pride Park after the window has closed given that Ipswich have maintained an interest throughout. Maybe in the summer he'll get to play for a decent club.

Dalbeider (Lecce)

Another who had his club hold tightly onto him in the summer, Dalbeider has been enjoying his season in Serie A, especially as Lecce sit outside the relegation zone (though admittedly by only three points). He seems happy at the club now, and in particular with them having picked up Czech striker Vaclav Kadlec from Sparta Prague for £4M. At international level he continues to sit on the bench for the U-21 side behind Fiorentina's Roberto Canella.

stoehrst (Wigan)

Although he continues to be only deputy for Hugo Rodallega at Wigan - new manager Paul Jewell does love a 4-5-1 - stoehrst rebounded from relegation in his first season at the club to feature for the US at the World Cup in South Africa. The striker played all in all three group matches, including a highly creditable 1-1 draw against Argentina, but unfortunately (for them, to the great joy of everyone else) the two points they accumulated were not enough to see them to the second round. He is still unhappy at Wigan and wants to leave the club, but so far the powers that be are holding him steadfastly to his contract.

January 2011 Update

Part 2

mark wilson27 (West Brom)

Things on the West Brom front just get better and better for Mark; he's been played in an AMC role behind Roman Bednar and Chris Wood this season and his return of five goals is ample reward. Better than that though, is the club's position of ninth in the Premier League table, so evidently Roberto Di Matteo > Tony Mowbray. Described as a player with 'a growing reputation amongst football fans in England', he's also listed as enthusiastic about his future at the club. Doesn't look like he'll be leaving the Hawthorns any time soon.

WLKRAS (CSKA Moscow)

Another of our movers, WLKRAS earned a £2.7M move to Moscow in August in time to play the final three games of their league season, earning a 7.90 rating in the process. He's found it hard to impress on the pitch since, given that the Russian league season is yet to start, but with a Europa League match against Athletic Bilbao on the horizon, he should be back in action soon.

tenthreeleader (Hearts)

Like stoehrst, 10-3 started each of the US' three games at the World Cup, playing at centre back alongside Oguchi Onyewu. It's perhaps a surprise to see him still at Tynecastle, especially as it's now Liverpool and Bayern who are chasing him, but he seems content for now to help keep Hearts in the top six of the SPL. He also now has real European experience to speak of, having helped his side get past Unirea Urziceni in the qualifying round, there were then wins over AZ, Slavia Prague and Zürich which saw through to the first knockout round, where they will face Tottenham. 10-3's goal this year came in a win over Motherwell, though he did cancel it out with a header into his own net against St. Mirren.

copperhorse21 (Hamilton)

Copper is the unfortunate one of the American trio to have remained uncapped, despite having earned a late call up as an injury replacement for the World Cup squad. He sat on the bench against Nigeria but didn't get on, and in recent friendlies he has that place in the squad. Hamilton continue to surprise in the SPL, sitting 6th in the table and looking a whole lot better than The RingMaster's Hibs side. Copper looks pretty happy to stay at New Douglas Park despite being a pretty ambitious young man, and if he does want a move he might want to occasionally score a few more goals.

viperk1 (Hamilton)

Injuries are the main problem for viper. Having lost his #1 shirt last season whilst out with a knee injury, he suffered a hip injury in July which saw him miss the start of the season and then a torn calf muscle against Rangers just weeks after making his comeback put him on the sidelines for four months. With a few other niggles picked up in the early part of last season, viper has been unavailable through injury for just over nine of the eighteen months that have passed in the competition. It's that which has kept his number of league appearances down to just 29, and he'll have to stop breaking himself if he's to stick around much longer.

Saxonaitor (Hearts)

Having survived the Judges' Panel, Saxon is making hay this season with fourteen goals for Hearts in thirty-three games so far. His overall record of 26 goals in 74 games for Hearts across all competitions in eighteen months is far superior to that of any other striker at the club, and this season it has been his European form (6 goals in 10 games) that has stood out the brightest. Whether his proudest moment was the winner in thre 3-2 success over AZ or the double in the 2-0 win in Prague is debatable, but he's certainly proven himself up to the standard.

gavrenwick (Yeovil)

Perhaps a misplaced sense of loyalty was at the heart of gavrenwick's decision to stay at Yeovil in the summer (them having stuck with him through the broken leg and all), but his decision to turn down fellow League One side Leicester looks to have backfired. Whilst Leicester sit comfortably in mid-table, Yeovil are mired in 23rd place. Unsurprisingly he now wants to be transfer listed, but with the January window gone, he'll have to wait to the summer to make his disappearing act.

ScottleeSV (Everton)

He may have come off the bench in the FA Cup final, but that hasn't helped Scottlee's cause this season as he has struggled for game time with Leighton Baines having been moved forward to the left wing position. Still, fifteen Premier League appearances so far is nothing to sniff at, and he remains happy at the club, so one suspects that David Moyes still rates him highly as a prospect. Still, surely he needs to play football soon.

JamboJen (St. Mirren)

Jen has continued to feature in the Scotland squad under Graeme Souness, but the fact that she continues to ply her club trade with St Mirren is surely hurting her chances as the Paisley club sit rock bottom of the SPL. Still, she's getting plenty of game time (53 league appearances so far) and this season has added goalscoring to her repetoire, but how long can she remain in the competition whilst she continues to play for a club who are so woefully useless?

Offspring8 (Reading)

He still isn't dominating the right side of Chelsea's defence, rather he's plodding about in Berkshire as Reading struggle to repeat their form of last season and sit 15th in the Championship table. Offy proved to be a bit of a diva last season, but looks much happier at the club now that John Gregory has taken over - the former Villa boss is listed amongst his favoured personnel - so it looks like the Madejski Stadium is his home for a little while longer, and I guess that more than £250,000 per year is ample compensation for that.

Trophies Won

U-20 World Cup

2009: Offspring8, Saxonaitor, SCIAG, The-Perfect-FM'er!, viperk1

FA Cup

2010: ScottleeSV

International Caps

Northern Ireland

Elrithral (9)

Scotland

JamboJen (4)

U.S.A.

tenthreeleader (11)

stoehrst (10)

International Goals

U.S.A.

stoehrst (2)

Perhaps a misplaced sense of loyalty was at the heart of gavrenwick's decision to stay at Yeovil in the summer (them having stuck with him through the broken leg and all), but his decision to turn down fellow League One side Leicester looks to have backfired. Whilst Leicester sit comfortably in mid-table, Yeovil are mired in 23rd place. Unsurprisingly he now wants to be transfer listed, but with the January window gone, he'll have to wait to the summer to make his disappearing act.

Loyalty. Something you beasts know nothing of!

ROUND 2 VOTING

Ding Ding, round 2, who's going to join BenArsenal on the garbage dump? Select your top three and send them to me via PM (if you include amusing reasons then all the better). You have until midnight on Friday to get your votes in, then the two with the lowest overall scores will be announced. They will then go to the judges panel, who will PM me their votes on who should get kicked off. Remember, anyone can vote, even if you're not a contestant in the game. And furthermore, you can base your votes on anything you want.

It goes without saying that you cannot vote for yourself.

Please don't post your votes in here.

---

FMS X-Factor Voting Slip

---

The judging panel for this round will consist of the top three scorers who were not on the panel last time.

tenthreeleader (Hearts)

Like stoehrst, 10-3 started each of the US' three games at the World Cup, playing at centre back alongside Oguchi Onyewu. It's perhaps a surprise to see him still at Tynecastle, especially as it's now Liverpool and Bayern who are chasing him, but he seems content for now to help keep Hearts in the top six of the SPL. He also now has real European experience to speak of, having helped his side get past Unirea Urziceni in the qualifying round, there were then wins over AZ, Slavia Prague and Zürich which saw through to the first knockout round, where they will face Tottenham. 10-3's goal this year came in a win over Motherwell, though he did cancel it out with a header into his own net against St. Mirren.

As the most-capped player in the group at the present moment, I should just say that a vote for 10-3 is a vote for ... well, it's a vote for 10-3.

Far be it from me to denigrate anyone else in this august body, but I should say that Hearts are always better than four-leaf clovers. ;)

And, unlike Rangers, we actually beat Unirea Urziceni.

Sucking in the Serie A ftl /o\. I can't see it in the shots, but my crossing must suck hard, what with never ever getting a darn assist...

Aaaanyway. Vote Dalbeider, vote future (because the present sucks)!

PS: Sorry for using the word "suck" three (four now) times in two lines. It's been a sucky (five!) day...

For some reason, I can't help but feel a bit like Theo Walcott...called up for World Cup but no playing time? Having trouble scoring? Fairly ambitious? The only thing that doesn't ring true is that I seem to have remained relatively injury free...

swagat sinha (Sparta Prague)

From Bulgaria to the Czech Republic, swagat is getting his Eastern European geography down pretty good now. Sparta parted with £170,000 to prise him from Loko (Sofia) and he has become a regular fixture in their side. Still, however, he can't break into the national side (which has to call into question the sanity of the Indian coaching staff). At least with Sparta he's got a good chance of competing in a decent European competition over the next few years.

Not now people, I can't sleep,

I've miles to go and promises to keep;

If you don't vote for me, you look cheap

If I go now, the fans shall weep.

All right. That's the maximum rhyme I can get. On to more reasons, I hear you say. Fear not, dear voter. You know you've made the right choice when you vote for me because:

1. I'm the only one promising you vodka, remember? ;)

2. I have to play for my country. I am still not capped. I know you want me to be the mainstay of the team, but it looks like it'll take some more time to convince the gaffer. Surely you'll vote for someone chasing his national jersey (to be read as me).

3. With your votes, I now have a chance to play in a continental competition also. Together, we can take our dreams higher dear voter. The champions league, Stamford Bridge, The world cup.. who knows! With my aspirations and your support, we can rule the world :cool:

4. My continued good performances, third highest average among this elite group.

5. My extremely poor wages, which need improvement.

So I hope you'll spend a few precious seconds of your time and put swagat sinha at the top of your best list. As someone else said, Yes we can. The vodka's on the ice, waiting ;)

I have not yet fulfilled my potential and I clearly have a great taste in friends (John Gregory - I mean, come on! Does it get any better than that?). As well as that, I have 1 England youth goal to my 5 caps - not a bad return for a right-back :D Vote for me and keep me on my tidy contract at Reading so that I may soon jump ships and become the best right back in the world :thup:

PS.

Any Villa fans reading this; a vote for me is a vote for Villa - only the best enjoy the company of the Gregormeister, as your club has proven ;)

EDIT: Oh and Swag, I'll meet you at the Bridge IF voters would be so kind as to keep us in the competition for that long :p

Archived