Flex skin 2010, download here

dave byrd

i coded this, your problem is the colour of the text? you need to edit to files. footer.xml and breadcrumbs.xml

Ah ok thanks for the reply. Is this the correct code

<!-- coloured bar image -->
<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer/bar" height="18" rthr="68">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<!-- set the colour of the image to the team background colour -->
<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="tbcl" set_property="colr"/>
</widget>

But i just need to edit the breadcrumbs as well as the footer, or are you using a different code?

EDIT: I'm using the default base dark skin & i can't find any breadcrumbs.xml?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Barkermush: use the breadcrumbs.xml of this skin the diference to the original is:

in this skin

<!-- then, a button -->

<!-- we will leave its text blank, because we're going to set it from code -->

<widget class="text_button" id="bcil" auto_size="horizontal" spec="text" rthr="68">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ttcl" set_property="colr"/>

</widget>

original

<!-- then, a button -->

<widget class="text_button" id="bcil" auto_size="horizontal" spec="text">

</widget>

@ RecliamTheKop: only dave work in this skin, i only helped in the begin.

@ Barkermush: use the breadcrumbs.xml of this skin the diference to the original is:

in this skin

original

@ RecliamTheKop: only dave work in this skin, i only helped in the begin.

Thanks for the reply, but i can't find the

<!-- then, a button -->

<widget class="text_button" id="bcil" auto_size="horizontal" spec="text">

</widget>

Here is what i find in my footer.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE panel SYSTEM "http://www.sigames.com/dtds/sios/panel.dtd">

<panel title="footer" height="25">

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer/bar" height="18" rthr="68">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="tbcl" set_property="colr"/>
</widget>

<!-- active area -->
 <container>
   <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" gap="0" layout="-1"/>
   <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<container>
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- Time and Date -->
     <container>
       <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" offset="4" gap="4"/>

<widget class="date_cell" id="date" text="date" standard_spec="text,large" alignment="left" auto_size="horizontal" colour="footer" >
         <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="date" set_property="valu"/>
         <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="cont" value="-8" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false" priority="1"/>
         <!-- <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ttcl" set_property="colr"/> -->
         <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="-4" />
         <string id="format">
           [%date#1-long] [%date#1-time] [COMMENT: date_format for metallic2007 FM skin]
         </string>
         <event id="click_event">
           <flags id="event_id" value="GCCA" />
           <flags id="event_target" value="scrn" />
         </event>
       </widget>
     </container>

<!-- Breadcrumbs -->
     <container id="crum">
       <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="10"/>
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>
       <attachment class="line_up_attachment" get_property="bcmb" submenu_type="bcrm"/>

<!-- Arrange the children widgets from left to right, horizontally centrered -->
       <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left"/>

</container>

</container>

---------------------------------------
CONTINUE BUTTON - BEGIN

<container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="2" layout_children="true" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- Continue Button -->

<widget class="icon_button" text="Continue" id="GCNT" width="150" size="10" appearance="button/blue/button" colour="white" style="semi_bold, embossed" alignment="centre" icon="icons/continue/button">

<record id="click_event" event_id="CONT" event_target="scrn"/>

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="cont" set_property="disa">

<list id="value">

<integer value="-8"/>

<integer value="-5"/>

</list>

</attachment>

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="cont" set_property="hidn">

<list id="value">

<integer value="-14"/>

</list>

</attachment>

<!-- match play text -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="cttx" set_property="text"/>

</widget>

<!-- Must do stuff Button -->

<widget class="icon_button" text="Respond[COMMENT: text to indicate that there is a news item the user must respond to before continuing the game]" id="MDSB" width="150" size="10" appearance="button/blue/button" colour="continue button text" style="semi_bold, embossed" alignment="centre" icon="">

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" mode="1" get_property="cont" set_property="hidn">

<list id="value">

<integer value="-14"/>

</list>

</attachment>

</widget>

</container>

CONTINUE BUTTON - END

</container>

</panel>

Do you know where i should place the code you suggested in there? Cheers.

sorry, not explained myself very well. the code is in the breadcrumbs.xml. this file controls the left side of the txt in the footer: europe -> spain ...

copy this code and save with the name breadcrumbs.xml

<!-- an example panel -->
<panel>
<!-- the panel has very simple content, just a label and a button arrange vertically
     one below the other -->

<!-- you specify the layout of the items with layout attachments -->
<!-- this is the trickiest bit of the whole process -->

<!-- first, we tell this container to lay out its content from left to right -->

<!-- then we tell it to make sure that all of its content sticks to the -->
<!-- top and bottom of the panel -->
<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" layout_children="true" priority="1"/>

<!-- we want the panel to be as wide as all of it's content added together -->
   <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill"/>

<!-- we want the panel to be as high as it's highest content -->
<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0"/>

<!-- this is where we actually create the widgets which form the content of the panel -->

<!-- first, an icon -->
 <widget class="picture" id="bcic" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="12" width="19" image_alignment="centre" hidden="true"/> 

<!-- then, a button -->
<widget class="text_button" id="bcil" auto_size="horizontal" spec="text" rthr="68">
   		<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ttcl" set_property="colr"/>
</widget>

<!-- then a popup -->
<widget class="breadcrumbs_popup" id="bcri"/>

<!-- then a divider -->
<widget class="picture" id="bcse" auto_size="all" file="menu/breadcrumbs/seperator"/>

</panel>

and your left side of footer will be colour.

i this tihs correct your problem, save with the name footer.xml

<panel title="footer" height="25">

</widget>

<!-- active area -->
 <container>
   <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" gap="0" layout="-1"/>
   <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container>
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- Time and Date -->
     <container>
       <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" offset="4" gap="4"/>

<widget class="date_cell" id="date" text="date" standard_spec="text,large" alignment="left" auto_size="horizontal" rthr="68">
         <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="date" set_property="valu"/>
         <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="cont" value="-8" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false" priority="1"/>
         <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="-4" />
         <string id="format">
           [%date#1-long] [%date#1-time] [COMMENT: date_format for metallic2007 FM skin]
         </string>
         <event id="click_event">
           <flags id="event_id" value="GCCA" />
           <flags id="event_target" value="scrn" />
         </event>
       </widget>
     </container>

<!-- Breadcrumbs -->
     <container id="crum">
       <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="10"/>
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>
       <attachment class="line_up_attachment" get_property="bcmb" submenu_type="bcrm"/>

<!-- Arrange the children widgets from left to right, horizontally centrered -->

</container>

</container>

CONTINUE BUTTON - BEGIN

<container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="2" layout_children="true" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- Continue Button -->

<widget class="icon_button" text="Continue" id="GCNT" width="150" size="10" appearance="button/blue/button" colour="white" style="semi_bold, embossed" alignment="centre" icon="icons/continue/button">

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="cont" set_property="disa">

<list id="value">

<integer value="-8"/>

<integer value="-5"/>

</list>

</attachment>

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="cont" set_property="hidn">

<list id="value">

<integer value="-14"/>

</list>

</attachment>

<!-- match play text -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="cttx" set_property="text"/>

</widget>

<!-- Must do stuff Button -->

<widget class="icon_button" text="Respond[COMMENT: text to indicate that there is a news item the user must respond to before continuing the game]" id="MDSB" width="150" size="10" appearance="button/blue/button" colour="continue button text" style="semi_bold, embossed" alignment="centre" icon="">

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" mode="1" get_property="cont" set_property="hidn">

<list id="value">

<integer value="-14"/>

</list>

</attachment>

</widget>

</container>

CONTINUE BUTTON - END

</container>

</panel>

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

was also looking for the skin, and after searching the net for almost and hour I found it...

As I've written in another thread I dont know whether I'm breaking any rules now, but please tell me if I am...

<link removed>

This link is to cleiria third version of the skin, and was found on a FM forum in language I dont understand, but who cares - I got the Flex skin... :)

Hi there

was also looking for the skin, and after searching the net for almost and hour I found it...

As I've written in another thread I dont know whether I'm breaking any rules now, but please tell me if I am...

http://www.filefront.com/15247125/2007v3.rar/

This link is to cleiria third version of the skin, and was found on a FM forum in language I dont understand, but who cares - I got the Flex skin... :)

[WIP] 2007 Skin (with tree)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=177925

• 4 months later...

2 things, this is still displaying same Pologon issue, plus within the skins folder flex does not exist. I still have 2007 skin (which is like Flex) but no Flex 10 folder, something is not right......... Flex 10 is avail for selection in preferences tho :confused:

2 things, this is still displaying same Pologon issue, plus within the skins folder flex does not exist. I still have 2007 skin (which is like Flex) but no Flex 10 folder, something is not right......... Flex 10 is avail for selection in preferences tho :confused:

I'm not getting any issue with the Polygon thing. Yes, the skin is in a folder named '2007' but will show up just fine as Flex 10 in your game, so not really an issue.

I'm after a bit of help with my skin and would be grateful to anyone that can lend a hand!

First, you can see that the boxes in the attributes section on the right are slightly higher than the personal details box on the left in the player section. How do i bring them into line?

capture1p.png

Second, on the information box there is a faint green rectangular box on the black background behind Torquays logo at the top which is there for any item displayed in it:

capture3xs.png

Also see here:

capture22j.png

Finally (for now) the news screen just looks a bit of a mess and is in need of a whole redesign.. The tops of the individual news boxes in the bottom half of the screen are just too big and you cannot make out the little icons properly to the left of the headline:

capture2u.png

My skin can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mngkcjijnzz/Flex10.rar and i'd be really greatful for anyone that could help me out with it and be more than happy to credit them in the skin!

***EDIT, these issues are now sorted an opening post updated with revised skin***

No idea what's wrong with the player attributes panel, doesn't look like you have edited them so you may need to mess around with the inset values in the default 'player attributes panel.xml' to get them realigned.

With regards to the news profile box, the extra green background I would assume would be an issue with the graphic (boxes/subsection/news)

To stop the overall form being cut off locate this line in the 'news item.xml' file and increase the width value:

<widget class="news_linked_object_panel" width="160" id="lnko">

For the news screen you should be able to change which graphics the game uses for the boxes by editing the 'news panel.xml' (and the 'subscribed news panel.xml') and point it towards one of the untitled news boxes.

A couple of other things you may want to renamed the folders from 2007 to something else as Cleiria named his skin 2007 and people might overwrite each skin by accident, you also might want to change the required version to 10.1 or 10.2 as the tree menu won't work correctly on an unpatched game.

No idea what's wrong with the player attributes panel, doesn't look like you have edited them so you may need to mess around with the inset values in the default 'player attributes panel.xml' to get them realigned.

With regards to the news profile box, the extra green background I would assume would be an issue with the graphic (boxes/subsection/news)

To stop the overall form being cut off locate this line in the 'news item.xml' file and increase the width value:

<widget class="news_linked_object_panel" width="160" id="lnko">

For the news screen you should be able to change which graphics the game uses for the boxes by editing the 'news panel.xml' (and the 'subscribed news panel.xml') and point it towards one of the untitled news boxes.

A couple of other things you may want to renamed the folders from 2007 to something else as Cleiria named his skin 2007 and people might overwrite each skin by accident, you also might want to change the required version to 10.1 or 10.2 as the tree menu won't work correctly on an unpatched game.

Cheers for this, i'll have another bash. One other thing, the ticker news isn't being displayed in the footer. The news button does link to the news screen when clicked but there should be rolling news displayed to the right of it. Any ideas?

I just have a couple of other minor issues with the skin.

How do i move the search bar on the inbox page into the centre of the bar? It's too low here:

capturegs.png

Also how do i make the show filters button smaller on the squad screen as its too big for the bar:

capture1q.png

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Archived