Offering players out, way to go :/

• Administrators
Me too, what on earth do the testers do? I mean really, how hard can it be? Surely it's a case of a company to say, here you go, play this. When you do play it you point out obvious errors surely? How on earth do they fail to pick up things year after year, things which are spotted after 5 minutes by Joe Bloggs (and all his mates!) at home.

I agree ME is better though, LLM is painful to watch isn't it IRL lol?

We not only have an internal testing team, but we also have a beta testing team of hundreds of people. Just because something is in the game doesn't mean the testers missed it. The coders only have so much time to fix certain issues, with everything the slightest tweak in the code can have a knock-on effect - that's the nature of software development and testing.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
In fairness, this really shouldn't be getting released in a patch imo. There was talk last night of pausing our online game to wait for a fix as everyone thinks this is a huge problem. Teams are all set to rake in an absolute fortune for average players going to top european teams.

Personally I think this is the biggest flaw there has been in the last few years. It allows you to basically afford anyone in the game by selling players for inflated prices all the time.

As said before, any examples of this (and I mean ridiculous examples) please upload the save to the FTP and we'll add it to our review on this issue. It agree it is a flaw and a bug, but it's one the users can exploit and choose not to. Thanks.

As said before, any examples of this (and I mean ridiculous examples) please upload the save to the FTP and we'll add it to our review on this issue. It agree it is a flaw and a bug, but it's one the users can exploit and choose not to. Thanks.

You don't need savegames in order to recreate this issue, just see post #34 and follow the instructions.

-Mic

I too thought the game was fine before the patch - still not installed 10.2 - was going to do it tonight?! :confused:

I could defend like a peach on the old patch and hardly conceded any long shots....now I hear some people are finding it a maire to score.........buttons are unresponsive......goalies are too good.....transfers are unrealistic.

I just hope that if/when I install the new patch I again dont have a problem with these so called issues.

Bit off topic I admit, but I had no defensive issues prior to the patch. In the half season I have played post-patch, my team have been shambolic, which seems the reverse of most of the complaints. Scoring seems about the same to me.

We not only have an internal testing team, but we also have a beta testing team of hundreds of people. Just because something is in the game doesn't mean the testers missed it. The coders only have so much time to fix certain issues, with everything the slightest tweak in the code can have a knock-on effect - that's the nature of software development and testing.

With all due respect, that is the nature of bad design, poor coding and perhaps inefficient testing.

Nevertheless, we all appreciate your efforts, even though it seems that the FM monster is out of your pocket, and it's slowly becoming almost impossible to keep under control.

Yeah, I am looking for a job, but I have to warn you I am quite expensive, sometimes moody and easily annoyed by the undocumented flags of the build system.

I've found it very easy to sell 3 players I didn't want at Leicester post patch. One was 31 year old Robbie Neilson who isn't that good for £750,000, which seemed excessive. I sold Michael Morrison who I played 3 times in the Championship last season to Premier League Burnley for £1m. I also sold Paul Gallagher to a Premier League team for over £1m, despite him hardly playing last season.

The latter 2 definitely aren't Premier League standard. Morrison in fact was poor in the Championship.

Not to be an SI apologist, but Real did loan Flaubert last year for no apparent reason and Milan signed Onyewu this year. True neither was a huge expense, but neither player belongs in those uniforms. Also how many people would've laughed last year if in your game Man United signed Owen? On the flip side, would anyone have believed Beckham going to MLS in their game? Strange things happen.

Have to say I agree with the comments here... before the patch I couldn't offload any of my deadwood. Playing as Sportinc CP, players were already undervalued, and to top that, I had a hard time selling anyone (except for the very good players) for their value. Now, post patch, it is the complete opposite -> When I offer players for 50% more than their value, I will have almost always about 10-15 clubs interested on them.

Granted, it is much more fun to play now, but also unrealistic.

A correct balance, clearly, lies in the middle between 10.1 and 10.2.

We're looking into this, but in fairness there is a 'workaround' for this which is pretty simple. Only offer players out for values you feel they are worth.

My workaround is NOT using this 'offering out' option at all. Seriously, how many times in the game do you see an AI team offering a player to you like that? Very seldom. So, to make things fair, don't use it.

The game is almost great right now, but as usual there are some functions that don't work properly. So, the only thing I can critisize SI for is to include those non-working features in the game. Just don't put them in until you are sure they are working properly.

But again, it is not show stopper. Just don't use it. If there are players you want to get rid off, just put them on transfer market for low prices and see if anybody will make an offer. You will have a much more realistic transfer market this way, trust me.

I am in no way a fanboy (see any previous posts of mine) but you really should get the patch it is far superior. apart from this offer out issue the game is spot on. It is said the hardest thing to do in football is score goals, most of the 7-2s 8-1s 5-4s 4-4s etc are gone but will occur occasionally, matches are far better, you are much more tactically involved.

All in all this patch is far superior, apart from the issue this thread states.

Exactly. Just don't use that feature (you don't have to, you know) and you will be fine. Good job SI :thup:

Well, but a better balance on the offer feature could be achieved. For instance, the balance in FM09 was much better than in 10.1 or 10.2.

Of course. I'm just suggesting a very viable workaround. Pretend that this feature doesn't exist. In my Dortmund game I just finished preseson and so far I was able to loan out 2 youngsters and 1 rotation player that I didn't like, and I haven't been able to sell anybody yet. I got 2 offers for 2 of my best players though which I turned down because I want to keep them. I didn't get any offers for my crappy players, and that is realistic too.

Without the 'offer out' option the transfer market in 10.2 is much more improved than 10.1. Just holiday a game and see how today's strong clubs still remain strong 15-20 later. Just don't exploit this not properly working feature, and you shall have a fun game with a challenging AI :)

My workaround is NOT using this 'offering out' option at all. Seriously, how many times in the game do you see an AI team offering a player to you like that? Very seldom. So, to make things fair, don't use it.

As manager of Real Oviedo (Start of game to October 2010) I received 9 offers from different clubs for players. Ranging from £150K to £2m - shame I never once had a penny to spend. :(

Well, but my managing style, in all FMs, as always involved offering players I don't want to keep. I don't want to sit around waiting for the AI to finally decide to buy the players I want to get rid of. I have no problem with selling them at a discount, but the situation in 10.1 was a little extreme, as some players were unsellable. It is realistic to try to shop players around (through their agent) when you want to sell them in real life, so I will keep using this feature - The game will be easier :D until SI releases a new patch, but I can live with that :D

Well, but my managing style, in all FMs, as always involved offering players I don't want to keep. I don't want to sit around waiting for the AI to finally decide to buy the players I want to get rid of them. I have no problem with selling them at a discount, but the situation in 10.1 was a little extreme, as some players were unsellable. It is realistic to try to shop players around (through their agent) when you want to sell them in real life, so I will keep using this feature - The game will be easier :D until SI releases a new patch, but I can live with that :D

Sure, if it doesn't bother you that much, then use it buddy. I prefer to keep it more realistic, hence I don't use it ;)

Hopefully SI will get it right in patch#3, and we will be all happy.

Surely £9.5m is about right for Bentley? In real-life he joined Tottenham for £17m last year, sure, he hasn't been playing regularly, but there's no way they'd let him move without recouping at least £8-10m. The only thing questionable is the fact European giants want him and not more top 10 kinda teams, like Villa/Everton etc and their foreign equivalents.

It's not that I'm getting bids of £9.5m as I think it's pretty safe to say that is a realistic fee for a player like Bentley, but Man Utd and Barcelona offering for him is a joke.

It's gone drastically into the realms of the ridiculous for offering out players. If it's not massively inflated fees being offered it's a whole host of 'big' clubs offering good money for frankly mediocre players.

Neil can say "there is a workaround" all he likes but the fact of the matter is that we simply shouldn't have to workaround it, it shouldn't be there. This is a pretty damn big flaw in the patch and, regardless what any tester or SI employee might say, it should not have been released with the patch as it really is that big of an issue.

It's a bug that, no matter how you "workaround" it, will ruin the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people. You either don't use it and get stuck with players you want to shift but can't or you offer out for a realistic price and get unrealistc clubs interested and bidding which ruins the long term games.

In 10.1.1 I managed to easily sell a lot of my players so I was shocked to see why SI made this change.

It was a part of the game I thought was fine and did not require a change.

In my opinion it was only an issue with people who played with 1-2 active leagues and found it difficult to offload players mainly because there were not enough active teams interested. I played with 25 + countries and I found transfers spot on with 10.1.1. I even had strange arab sides buying my players. (:D)

I think SI (and don't take this the wrong way) is trying too hard to please its customers, making drastic game changes, even minority groups who complain about issues such as this - and it's going to have a bad effect on the game.

Me too, what on earth do the testers do? I mean really, how hard can it be? Surely it's a case of a company to say, here you go, play this. When you do play it you point out obvious errors surely? How on earth do they fail to pick up things year after year, things which are spotted after 5 minutes by Joe Bloggs (and all his mates!) at home.

I agree ME is better though, LLM is painful to watch isn't it IRL lol?

It is because most of the testers that are chosen are quite frankly excited about FM, love everything SI do and might be so overly eager (and/or blinded by love) that they miss things.

SI need to really "employ" the really big whiners to their BETA teams, and watch things get solved. :p:D

Yes there is a high level of jest in this post, please do not rant or whine at me - it was a joke. :p

I'm ****ed off because after winning a championship, german cup and losing in champions league final Bayern board accepted offer for €19mln from Man City for Toni Kroos who is worth 12,5mln and he is key player in my team...

im on + with my financial so thats ridicilous :| SI should really do something with board acceptations... season earlier they sold Franck RIbery (with 4 year contract) for 36(!)mln

The problem for me isn't really offering players out, rather the amount of players, which big clubs are interested in. This is a huge flaw imo, and I really don't feel much like playing now tbh. Here's some of the utterly ridiculous transfers in my game, all from july 2009:

Luciano Galletti, Olympiakos -> Chelsea (10,5M euro)

Julio Cesar Caceres, Boca -> Chelsea (9,75M euro)

Anderson Polga, Sporting -> Inter (9,25M euro)

Dede, Dortmund -> Chelsea (9M euro)

Tranquillo Barnetta, Leverkusen -> Real Madrid (7,75M euro)

Marco Di Vaio, Bologna -> Barcelona (7M euro)

Jesus Gamez, Malaga -> A.C. Milan (6,5M euro)

Christian Gimenez, Pachuca -> A.C. Milan (6,25M euro)

Jakub Blaszczykowski, Dortmund -> Arsenal (6M euro)

Hamit Altintop, FC Bayern -> Barcelona (6M euro)

Tobias Weis, Hoffenheim -> Real Madrid (4,7M euro)

Matias Caruzzo, Argentinos -> Lyon (4,5M euro)

Matias Vuoso, Santos Laguna -> Lyon (3M euro)

Tim de Cler, Feyenoord -> FC Bayern (2,3M euro)

Daniel Luduena, Santos Laguna -> FC Bayern (2,3M euro)

Ivan Obolo, AIK -> Lyon (2,2M euro)

Tore Reginiussen, Tromsø -> Lyon (1,9M euro)

Amr Zaki, Zamalek -> Liverpool (1,5M euro)

Vegard Forren, Molde -> Real Madrid (1,2M euro)

Mind, I said some of the transfers, thus not all. These are only to the very top clubs, other big clubs makes silly purchases as well. There are other transfers to the above clubs, but they may be described as young talent purchases, but there are some dubious ones there aswell. Very few if any of the above could happen irl, and none of these players has what it takes to cut it at those clubs.

patch 10.2 :(

In 10.1.1 I managed to easily sell a lot of my players so I was shocked to see why SI made this change.

It was a part of the game I thought was fine and did not require a change.

In my opinion it was only an issue with people who played with 1-2 active leagues and found it difficult to offload players mainly because there were not enough active teams interested. I played with 25 + countries and I found transfers spot on with 10.1.1. I even had strange arab sides buying my players. (:D)

I think SI (and don't take this the wrong way) is trying too hard to please its customers, making drastic game changes, even minority groups who complain about issues such as this - and it's going to have a bad effect on the game.

i agree with you. it was actually more than fine on 10.1 if anything, it needed to be toned down a bit.

here are some of my transfers in 10.1

season 2: stefano okaka 11.5M pounds to shef united, david pizaro(31) 9.5M to atletico

season 3: ricardo faty 9.75M to PSV

sebastian mladen 5.25M to koln

season 4: marco andreolii 11M to wolfsburg

gaetano d'ago(31) 9.75M to atletico

these are alot of cash for quality. the only thing they needed to fix from 10.1 is

1)teams pay a lot for players at the age of 30-32( two examples given above)

2)teams pay a lot for players who barely play. you can get someone for free and sell him for 5M just like that without even playing one game.

I rarely criticize this game but this issue is a big one and is ruining the game for me.

Everything else is superb but Roma, Fioremtina and Inter Milan being interested in Chris Riggot just ruins the realism for me.

Please SI, send out a hotfix for this in the next couple of days-i''m planning on playing FM solidly next week and this issue is really putting me off.

As Rangers I did not expect to have my targets taken off me by Arsenal (at least not at the beginning of the game). Some of the players they're signing are just not of the required standard (eg. Mihael Kovacevic who was offered to me by Dundee Utd and I decided wasn't good enough for my Rangers squad).

Conversely it's good to have some bids now so it has actually improved. So well done SI.

This issue needs an urgent fix. I've said it time and again that si seem to have a problem with code balancing. There is no workaround as big teams are buying players that are far too obscure. I also find it a bit of a show up that si are asking for save games as this issue is noticeable from the start. If si cannot see this without saves we have a problem.

This issue needs an urgent fix. I've said it time and again that si seem to have a problem with code balancing. There is no workaround as big teams are buying players that are far too obscure. I also find it a bit of a show up that si are asking for save games as this issue is noticeable from the start. If si cannot see this without saves we have a problem.

So this explains why I was able to raise over 20 million pounds just by selling **** backup players at Athletic Bilbao..

Listen, I quite like this patch and it's fixes, but having Arsenal sign Koikili (28 y/o rightback) and seeing Ion Velez (24 y/o **** poor striker) go to Palermo is just not enjoyable.

Frankly, I'd love to upload some evidence but I can imagine it's easier to recreate it yourselves; considering the lack of effort it requires to get this kind of thing going. Just offer every single player in your first team for 200% his asking price or more in team settings and look at them go..

All I can say is that we are very aware of the issue and it is something that is always being worked on. There is no doubt that with the first patch selling players was slightly too difficult but that with this patch a fix has taken it too far the other way. The third patch will definately see another altering of this module, hopefully finding the middle ground :thup:

The problem for me isn't really offering players out, rather the amount of players, which big clubs are interested in. This is a huge flaw imo, and I really don't feel much like playing now tbh. Here's some of the utterly ridiculous transfers in my game, all from july 2009:

Luciano Galletti, Olympiakos -> Chelsea (10,5M euro)

Julio Cesar Caceres, Boca -> Chelsea (9,75M euro)

Anderson Polga, Sporting -> Inter (9,25M euro)

Dede, Dortmund -> Chelsea (9M euro)

Tranquillo Barnetta, Leverkusen -> Real Madrid (7,75M euro)

Marco Di Vaio, Bologna -> Barcelona (7M euro)

Jesus Gamez, Malaga -> A.C. Milan (6,5M euro)

Christian Gimenez, Pachuca -> A.C. Milan (6,25M euro)

Jakub Blaszczykowski, Dortmund -> Arsenal (6M euro)

Hamit Altintop, FC Bayern -> Barcelona (6M euro)

Tobias Weis, Hoffenheim -> Real Madrid (4,7M euro)

Matias Caruzzo, Argentinos -> Lyon (4,5M euro)

Matias Vuoso, Santos Laguna -> Lyon (3M euro)

Tim de Cler, Feyenoord -> FC Bayern (2,3M euro)

Daniel Luduena, Santos Laguna -> FC Bayern (2,3M euro)

Ivan Obolo, AIK -> Lyon (2,2M euro)

Tore Reginiussen, Tromsø -> Lyon (1,9M euro)

Amr Zaki, Zamalek -> Liverpool (1,5M euro)

Vegard Forren, Molde -> Real Madrid (1,2M euro)

Mind, I said some of the transfers, thus not all. These are only to the very top clubs, other big clubs makes silly purchases as well. There are other transfers to the above clubs, but they may be described as young talent purchases, but there are some dubious ones there aswell. Very few if any of the above could happen irl, and none of these players has what it takes to cut it at those clubs.

patch 10.2 :(

Ok, first of all, teams can transfer players as 'back up players', right? So, most of transfers taht are listed above could be back up player transfers. Guys, the only reason that makes you think that these transfers are meaningless is because they are foreign transers. Think about Hamit Altintop. He is a rotation player in Bayern, and Bayern is a giant. Sure a player his caliber can also be a rotation player in Barcelona, at least a back up. The problem is that currently in FM teams don't care about nationality at all. If Barcelona would transfer a similar caliber Spanish player from, say Villareal, you wouldn't put it into the list above. SI said they will tweak this and teams will be more interested in domestic players in 10.3.

AI teams need to buy backup players too sometimes, that's not a bug. They still buy a lot of first team quality players too! If it was like you say (big teams always buy crappy players), then somebody explain to me how whenever I holiday a game to test the transfer system, big teams always remain strong?

All I can say is that we are very aware of the issue and it is something that is always being worked on. There is no doubt that with the first patch selling players was slightly too difficult but that with this patch a fix has taken it too far the other way. The third patch will definately see another altering of this module, hopefully finding the middle ground :thup:

Which sounds excellent, it really does, but I've just finished an internship and was looking forward to playing FM for a change. Now this whole bug thing pops up with no way to go back to 10.1, which basically means an integral part of the way I play the game is ruined.

Selling players this easily feels like cheating and I don't like it. But again, it's good to hear it's being looked at.

Sure, if it doesn't bother you that much, then use it buddy. I prefer to keep it more realistic, hence I don't use it ;)

Hopefully SI will get it right in patch#3, and we will be all happy.

You don't know how many players are offered to big clubs by month, don't you? Unrealistic is what you do. There are hundreds of offers, but they pick one or two at most. The agents keep calling at all times. So, the offering is very realistic, certain prices don't.

@Lavezzi: How much do they pay you?

It's easy enough to recreate ...

Start a new game as Fulham, offer out Toni Kallio (yeah, who?) for 1.5mil and watch the offers come rolling in from Fiorentina, Porto, Lyon, Athletico Madrid, Palermo etc etc ... this is for a player whose not made a single competitive start for Fulham since joining in 2007, is 31 and is in the last year of his contract.

Way to go on the testing SI !

i tried this out, and got similar teams bidding that amount. But i also tried another game where i put in 3 managers in charge of Rangers, Everton and Bolton and made an enquiry plus asked for a scout report on Toni Kallio. The result was that the scouts reported bids of between £1.5mil-£1.6mil (min) and £2.3mil - £2.6mil (max) would be needed to buy him and the enquiries were meet with requests for £2.5mil - £2.7mil.

So while agree that in terms of realism the values are a bit big, i think this is also true when you are trying to buy players. So if anything the bug is no more than inflated fees across the board, so its actually making it fairer rather than the human player cheating. Only issue might be with the clubs that are interested.

Ok, first of all, teams can transfer players as 'back up players', right? So, most of transfers taht are listed above could be back up player transfers.

That'd be the case if they didn't already have full size squads. See all of those transfers was first month, first window, first year of my game. None of the clubs had sold any of the players that they currently rely upon IRL to make it through a whole season. So they don't believe there's a necessity to buy more players, yet in the game, they buy a bunch.

Guys, the only reason that makes you think that these transfers are meaningless is because they are foreign transers.

Erm, no. It also has to do with the fees. Fees indicates a players expected role in a team. Galletti going to Chelsea for 10M indicates, that they rely upon him to be very involved with the first team. Teams don't buy backup players for these kind of sums. If possible they snap 'em up on frees or pay small amounts like with Arbeloa to Real Madrid. But you're right, the nationalities make it even worse.

Think about Hamit Altintop. He is a rotation player in Bayern, and Bayern is a giant. Sure a player his caliber can also be a rotation player in Barcelona, at least a back up. The problem is that currently in FM teams don't care about nationality at all. If Barcelona would transfer a similar caliber Spanish player from, say Villareal, you wouldn't put it into the list above.

Yes he can play as a backup at Barca, but only in case they felt they were missing a player in that area, and if they'd be able to pivk him up for a small amount. Now, Barca have 5 midfielders to fill 3 spots, so I can approve of the transfer, but again, like you said, bringing in a spaniard would be more reasonable.

AI teams need to buy backup players too sometimes, that's not a bug. They still buy a lot of first team quality players too! If it was like you say (big teams always buy crappy players), then somebody explain to me how whenever I holiday a game to test the transfer system, big teams always remain strong?

They should buy backup players, yes. But they shouldn't be interested in this many, when there's no need for it. Let alone purchase all of them. And yes they do buy first team players, but these were all the trasnfers to these clubs in that window, meaning that they ended up with a ridiculous ratio of backup buys to first team buys.

SI said they will tweak this and teams will be more interested in domestic players in 10.3.

Sure, but it p***** me off, that I have to wait for another patch to fix a game that has been released for months. Assuming this patch will arrive after the january transfer window, i'd have waited for nearly half a year to play the game, with only half a year till the next version. But what can you do, eh? I side with the one above mentioning a hotfix though, hopefully it'll happen.

I'm having the opposite now in 2nd season of my game. I offer a player out for 2.8 mil, Then about 10 teams bid 1.8 mil. So i offer him out for 2mil, then about 10 teams bid 950k.

I tried offering another player out for 1mil and about 6 teams have bid 250k.

It is really anoying, Its like there is a bug with the asking price i am offering them to clubs for.

Because they are not saying 'decline to make a bid cos it does not represent value for money'

Instead all the teams just keep making lower bids than what i offered the player out for. All teams offer the exact same amount too (i.e. 250k), so i don't think its to do with the clubs budget.

Also when i offer a player out for a certain amount, when i click on his profile say after 3 days or so without clicking on his profile, it shows the asking price as increased to a stupid amount.

Example: The player i offered out for 2mil and got offers of 950k, which i rejected all of them.

I have just clicked his profile/transfer screen now and it shows his asking price at 5.5 mil?

I set his asking price to 2mil and the last time i offered him out was for 2mil....

It does this with all of my players, The computer just keeps changing the asking price to a higher amount than i set by its self.

get over it all i say

my mate got qualified for CL w sunderland in season 2. by season 3 he'd won the prem et al.

think that's gonna appen irl? me neither, but if the game was 100% realistic we'd all have very little power in controlling our own teams destiny

get over it all i say

my mate got qualified for CL w sunderland in season 2. by season 3 he'd won the prem et al.

think that's gonna appen irl? me neither, but if the game was 100% realistic we'd all have very little power in controlling our own teams destiny

The game is a simulation, meaning it simulates real life. Such a game should always aspire to be as realistic as possible. The transfer market is where we, the gamers, have a possibility to affect our clubs in a major positive way, even with it being as realistic as possible. Cudos to ur mate, and even though Sunderland going that far is unpredictable, it's not impossible. Sevilla have achieved great things, despite being a small-ish spanish club a decade ago.

What I came in here to say is, that I think part of the problem is that way too many players are now considered first-team players in the big teams now. Looking through the clubs, players seem to get better squad status' now, and that may lead the clubs to buy more rotation/backup players.

I think we should all just hibernate and wait until Patch #3 comes out.

It's not just Human-to-AI. It's AI-to-AI as well, and this ties into the domestic player bias as well. I understand that when a player is unhappy, you'll have to sell him for less and since your desperate for a replacement, you tend to overpay but this should only occur in rare circumstances.

I'm going to hugely have to disagree with you. I've had no ridiculous bids. I've offered a £250k player out for £300k and had no bids. My game feels exactly the same.

Just curious as to how many leagues you're running, as that might have something to do with it?

Archived