[FM10/FM11] Metallic Logo Megapack

kremmen

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,how do I open the 4 zip files at the opening post? Downloaded everything, but only opened the rar ones, these are only the updates :-(

Right I'm going to explain this one last time as i really hate repeating myself - really people, if you don't know how to use a program like Winrar or 7Zip and have failed to read the stickied posts in this forum which tell you everything you need to know about adding the content there is no hope for you at all.

you need to get ALL 4 files from Filefront - not 2 or 3, but all 4 - either that or it's the dreaded Torrent. There is a good chance most people who claim this does not work are among the 7,000 who have not got all 4 parts so i have emphasized that again (dont take it personally please).

Right, first thing to do is double click on the 001.zip file - that will bring up this window in 7Zip which is the program i use

openwithzipprogram.jpg

Now you click on the Extract icon and you will get this window come up

extracttofolder.jpg

Find your Sports Interactive folder and click OK and you're done - thays all you have to do. Then use the Updates in order to fix the error which will come up, remembering to extract them to the identical filepath and accept any overwrite file popup that appears.

Hopefully i will have an updated Megapack file cut down to 2 parts uploaded by the end of the week if all goes well.

If there are any more 'how do i do this questions' i will ask the mods to close the thread down - the thread is for discussion of the logos themselves, not their installation.

Thank you very much, will try it this way and thanks for the logos, the coming megapacks and the time and mood you had to create all this stuff. I don't see why you should speak this wayand talk to the rest who can't do it like this..read you're post again..Thank you very much and RELAX!

P.S.: I got this at last last night..you need to transfer all 4 files and then select all 4 in the graphics folder to do this, otherwise it says that the file is corrupted..

Hi thanks for your help and patience. i think ive managed to update the pack. is there a way to check if it has taken affect? just with already having the original pack im not to sure if ive got it working. is there a badge or club crest i can check to see if it has taken affect? thanks again

The simplest way is to look through your Nations as they are always in the game. If Germany, for example, have the green DFB logo the update has worked fine - if it still shows the 3 starred shirt logo then it's not quite right somewhere. That is still in the pack btw as well as the WC logo as alternatives.

The majority of new logos in the packs are from the lower leagues so you may never even see them in game, so looking through the Nations or Competitions is always a good bet.

HELP HELP HELP!! i think ive just done the worst thing ever!! when i was tryin to update my pack by placing the update in documents/sportsinteractive it asked me if i want to override which i did. but its only went and saved over all my saves. im talkin 60 plus hours of game play its lost all my facepacks!!!. its basically went back to the default settings when you get the game.

im using a mac.

what i did was open up the update pack which is called ' update pack 3 '. this has the the 3 part update for the metallic logo megapack which i needed.

so when i opened ' update 3 ' i copy and paste the file ' football manager 10 '.

i then went to documents/sportsinteractive.....i copeyd the file over sportsinteractive and it asked me if i wanted to over write which i did.

"That's correct - Either extract the Update to your Docs\Sports Interactive folder and if you have got that right you will get an overwrite message in which case click yes, or just extract to any location you choose and cut'n'paste. Once again i will say that only the FM2010 Metallic Logo folder will be overwritten as that is the only folder with any contents aside from the Editor Data one, and that is only optional." .............GOING BY THIS I THOUGHT THATS WHAT I HAD TO DO.

i know there probarly isnt but is there any chance of recovering all my lost data?

whats the best way to get all my facepacks pack. i was using megapack v2 with all updates. is there anyway i can get that back??

if anyone can help in anyway or give me advice i really would be grateful!

PLEASE HELP

Sorry, but that not possible - my file structure does not contain a games folder or a facepack folder, so how can it possibly overwrite it?

I've no idea what you have done or how a Mac's file system works, but ask yourself a simple question before you get into a panic - if my files wipe out your save games, dont you think someone may have mentioned it by now?

I've now tried several times downloading the basic pack with a downloadmanager, and every single time I get a CRC error and I'm unable to unrar not even a single file... anyone any idea how this might be possible? Maybe upload to a different server?

I'm referring to the filefront links.. I'll now try the torrent link...

I've now tried several times downloading the basic pack with a downloadmanager, and every single time I get a CRC error and I'm unable to unrar not even a single file... anyone any idea how this might be possible? Maybe upload to a different server?

I'm referring to the filefront links.. I'll now try the torrent link...

I should have a Megaupload link up over the weekend - it should have been up already, but my internet has cut off over a dozen times whilst trying to upload it all.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Brilliant pack thx for the good work

as for install I dl'd it twice and it failed with winrar, corrupt issue

then I dl'd the 7zip tool and it installed ... relieved I was ;)

It seems to depend which version of Winrar you have - i have the Pro version and it unpacks it fine save for the 3 small errors which always occur. 7Zip is the best compression software i have found though.

I should have a Megaupload link up over the weekend - it should have been up already, but my internet has cut off over a dozen times whilst trying to upload it all.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

It seems to depend which version of Winrar you have - i have the Pro version and it unpacks it fine save for the 3 small errors which always occur. 7Zip is the best compression software i have found though.

hehe, didnt wonna claim winrar doesnt work, indeed might be my version but were couple posts of ppl with that problem and just downloading 7zip is less time consuming then redl'n all files to give it a try :D

First of all, the work you and your friends have done is great.

Though I do not want to bother you with questions about the installation, I still have one:

What is with the editor folder with "chris db changes. xml" that is in the update packs? I ask this, while I am allready using a very good database update and I don't want the 2 too make trouble with eachother.

I´m doing my best to avoid asking this, but here´s the problem: downloaded the pack (great, it´s fantastic) and all the Updates. Everything went fine.

But there is absolutely no way to make the Updates work properly. Tried several times extract them to the SI file, but all I´ve got was new files, spread everywhere. I have a Update pack 3 file, and another Metallic Logos file, and another one inside the FM 2010 file.

However, none of them are in the same graphics file where the original pack is.

Tried to copy and paste manually the Updates to the graphics file, no good again as after extractions I simply see new files with those names already mentioned. Checked a few logos included in the Updates, none of them appear.

I know that we´re already receiving for free that brilliant piece of work, but do you have the time or will to upload a single pack, including all the Updates? I think it will make things easier for a lot of people.

Cheers and thanks again

Marcus, when I unzipped everything I had 4 different packs too. Copying only the Metallic Logos FM10 folders from every single folder did the job. So first I looked it up in the megapack and copied it to the graphics folder. Then I did the same for update 1 till 3. Whenever Windows asked to overwrite I said yes. It gave me no problems whatsoever. Perhaps you could load your skin or cache again, to let the game know you have all those new pictures.

I have another question too (and still have the one that is posted above Marcus'). I removed the small country pictures because I wanted to see the country flags when I choose a new game and when I see a players profile. The flags do show up when I setup a new game. But the player profiles don't show no flags whatsoever. Any idea how to solve this?

Okay there are 2 things to remember

The Megaupload file is the complete pack with all released updates, and due to problems with the extraction process and people claiming it wipes out other stuff i just made it to extract into your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\pictures\logos folder. (those instustions are also in post#1 btw).

The Torrent, Filefront ones, and updates 1-3 are the older files and extract to the Documents\Sports Interactive folder.

regarding the Flag issues - both the small Flags and small Nation logos have the same config so simply rename the config which you do not want to display instead of removing the files completely. Why the small flag does not display on the player profile is a mystery tbh - i assume they display fine on the header and everywhere else?

@Jorgen - the editor data file has no effect on your game unless you select it when setting a new game up. All it does in any case is just alter some team and competition names.

Hi Kremmen,

I've looked at it, and as far as I can see, they don't show anywhere right now. No small flags, no small FA logo's. Not in the player profiles, not in the staff profiles, not in my own profile, not in the club profiles, not in the national team profiles, not in the league standings. Just nowhere. All I have is a very small (and invisible) place where the mousepointer transforms in the hand, but no picture whatsoever.

I also see that I do not have the left logo of the Dutch FA.

I will remove the complete logo-update and copy it again, to see if that fixes it.

Just wait a few moments.

Hi again,

I removed all logos and installed the Megaupdate pack again.

I now see:

Small FA logos everywhere, as they should.

All other logos (only the ones that I've checked), as they should, except for the Dutch logos.

Still not working:

Dutch national team screen logos:

* Right background shows the normal logo instead of the background logo

* Left background shows no logo at all

* Left normal logo shows no logo at all

Dutch league standings

* Right background shows no logo at all

* Left background shows FA background logo (good)

* Left normal logo shows FA logo (good)

* Some lower leagues show only standard (shield)logo and standard (goal)background

Dutch people profiles:

* Showing all 4 logos when viewed from club

* Showing only 2 logos when viewed from national team

Any idea?

I haven't renamed, altered or deleted anything yet.

I am using the Vitreous 2.2 skin by the way

Downloaded the whole pack using the link at the first page (I haven´t seen before because I saw them a few weeks ago, and that link wasn´t there).

The whole package is a gem and a masterpiece of work, thanks and congratulations.

Checked a lot of lower league clubs and they´re all there, fantastic. It is a real travel to the world of football.

Found tho a few minor clubs that hasn´t been covered yet, and as I know that you´re might been looking for them, here´s the list:

Crucero del Norte, El Liqueño and Ctral.Cordoba (Santiago del Estero) are the missing clubs in Argentina.

Found that most of 2nd level bolivian clubs are missing too.

Don´t know if you intend to, but logos for the extinct competititions would be a cool add on, as we can activate them with the new editor (Intercontinental Cup, Cup Winners Cup, South American Supercopa and Inter-American Cup are a few examples.

Thanks again.

What is with the editor folder with "chris db changes. xml" that is in the update packs? I ask this, while I am allready using a very good database update and I don't want the 2 too make trouble with eachother.

does anybody now the answer to this as i dnt know what it does neither

regards

I answered it in post#178, but basically it just changes some club, stadium and competition names to what they really are or will be - it is entirely optional whether you use it or not.

oh ok thanx 4 ur reply :)

For starters I may be being thicker than a thick thing on a thick day after taking thick pills on the tickest day of the year, but I'm not sure if the update has worked. Firstly I got no errors, I downloaded the torrent and installed then downloaded the three updates and installed, my UDF is

C:\Users\Dave\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Graphics\Pictures\Logos\Metallic Logos FM10

and I've done the un-ticking and ticking piece in preferrences as well.

Further up this thread, Kremmen writes. "If Germany, for example, have the green DFB logo the update has worked fine - if it still shows the 3 starred shirt logo then it's not quite right somewhere." mine has this, but the carling up logo has not changed and the logo for the Dutch national side has disappeared, also in the update the Nottingham Forrest badge got changed to be white or silver to make it stand out more, so I checked for this and that hasn't changed.

I'm sure I'm missing someting but don't know what.

EDIT 1 Think I've sussed it, I spotted the alternatives folder, so I guess you can manually swap like for like logos, depending on your own personal tastes.

EDIT 2 Sorted the Carling Cup logo issues as well. It's amazing what you can acheive when you read every word written and not every other word

EDIT 3 Cheers Kremmen, quality work which is most appreciated, thank you very much.

Regards

Dave

Well if anyone can supply the logos i am happy do do them, but custom leagues are not my main priority.

Oh and Crucero, Linqueno & Cordoba are in Update pack#1 :D

What do you need supplied? I'm thinking of Corinthians (PR) (301218) which have the logo of their old name, J. Malucelli Futebol.

I copied the one from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_Club_Corinthians_Paranaense for myself, but without the metallic effects it certainly doesn't look as nice!

The Corinthians one is in the next update, as are an additional 20 odd Brasilian clubs

For starters I may be being thicker than a thick thing on a thick day after taking thick pills on the tickest day of the year, but I'm not sure if the update has worked. Firstly I got no errors, I downloaded the torrent and installed then downloaded the three updates and installed, my UDF is

C:\Users\Dave\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Graphics\Pictures\Logos\Metallic Logos FM10

and I've done the un-ticking and ticking piece in preferrences as well.

Further up this thread, Kremmen writes. "If Germany, for example, have the green DFB logo the update has worked fine - if it still shows the 3 starred shirt logo then it's not quite right somewhere." mine has this, but the carling up logo has not changed and the logo for the Dutch national side has disappeared, also in the update the Nottingham Forrest badge got changed to be white or silver to make it stand out more, so I checked for this and that hasn't changed.

I'm sure I'm missing someting but don't know what.

EDIT 1 Think I've sussed it, I spotted the alternatives folder, so I guess you can manually swap like for like logos, depending on your own personal tastes.

EDIT 2 Sorted the Carling Cup logo issues as well. It's amazing what you can acheive when you read every word written and not every other word

EDIT 3 Cheers Kremmen, quality work which is most appreciated, thank you very much.

Regards

Dave

You have no idea how glad i am to read a post like this. For a while i was thinking how on earth most of you guys can actually figure out how to use a computer as all this stuff is not rocket science - It's simply being able to understand file structures.

Look at the opening post. You can choose to either download the original Megapack

1) as a torrent

or

2) from filefront (4 separate links)

or

3) from megaupload (2 separate links)

Once that has been accomplished, download the three Update packs in order and merge them into the megapack file :thup:

Ive downloaded the pack fine! Unarchived it, placed it in the Graphics folder as requested. Then, ive done the Reload skin on confirm and all that. . . . but ive lost all the default team logo's and only Cameroon, Togo, Chile and Norway have the new metallic logo's! Help please!?!?!?

Ive downloaded the pack fine! Unarchived it, placed it in the Graphics folder as requested. Then, ive done the Reload skin on confirm and all that. . . . but ive lost all the default team logo's and only Cameroon, Togo, Chile and Norway have the new metallic logo's! Help please!?!?!?

Sounds like you have not intsalled it correctly - you cant lose logos that don't exist in the documents folder.

Archived