Critique of FM08 transfer mechanism - will it ever change?

Some more point:

1)why when i want to loan out players (mostly for spain,ex: R. Madrid Castilla) even if you set 0 as loan cost,o% of the wage (the player pay all the wage) and stick make avaible for cup and still no one is interested...With those condition IRL many LL teams should be interested...

2) Why non-playable league teams often don't loan/buy/sell/enquiry at all? Surely they don't are as busy as playable league teams, but i think they should do much more...

3) Why non-playable lower league teams are not interested to loan/buy for free (this for youngster with very low wages of course icon_wink.gif)?

This could be a solution for 1)

4) Why teams like buy foreigners instead of homegrowing players? Maybe this is common in Premiership but you have to agree that there isn't only english football...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fonz:

The problem of being unable to sell excellent players, even if there vauled for £0 particulary irritates me and always has done. Perhaps though, since this has been a problem for so long (many of these issues I remember in CM3 and 99/00) it isn't possible to fix.

I suspect that it is entirely possible to fix, it just requires more time and effort than SI feel are warranted in this area, as i've said before, new features sell better to new customers than merely fixing the old ones.

Originally posted by DMaster2:

Some more point:

1)why when i want to loan out players (mostly for spain,ex: R. Madrid Castilla) even if you set 0 as loan cost,o% of the wage (the player pay all the wage) and stick make avaible for cup and still no one is interested...With those condition IRL many LL teams should be interested...

2) Why non-playable league teams often don't loan/buy/sell/enquiry at all? Surely they don't are as busy as playable league teams, but i think they should do much more...

3) Why non-playable lower league teams are not interested to loan/buy for free (this for youngster with very low wages of course icon_wink.gif)?

This could be a solution for 1)

4) Why teams like buy foreigners instead of homegrowing players? Maybe this is common in Premiership but you have to agree that there isn't only english football...

1-Players at Castilla won't go to a LL team. That's why no LL offers to loan them, just because the players won't accept.

2-More or less with the same answer. Few players would play in LL teams if they think they deserve to play higher. LLTs know it and don't offer.

3-yes it's like 1

4-IRL it's the same. Maybe if foreign players demanded more money (in order to pay a new house), teams should buy less foreign players, but best teams around the world do the same. In best leagues in europe half of the players are from abroad.

Originally posted by Ched:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fonz:

The problem of being unable to sell excellent players, even if there vauled for £0 particulary irritates me and always has done. Perhaps though, since this has been a problem for so long (many of these issues I remember in CM3 and 99/00) it isn't possible to fix.

I suspect that it is entirely possible to fix, it just requires more time and effort than SI feel are warranted in this area, as i've said before, new features sell better to new customers than merely fixing the old ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think about Cassano for example. Nobody wants him due to his wages. It's the same with some other players. Real Madrid had to sell players in the past for 0€ and also pay some of those players wages :/

And LL teams only sell players IRL if they are too good. Players not in the starting eleven are never sold (unless they are great young prospets), they are instead released

Originally posted by Ter:

I've been reading this thread through and have passed on some suggestions. I know next to nothing about how the transfer stuff works in the game so it's not really my place to pass comment on it.

We know there are areas of the game that are far from perfect and we do have ideas to improve on all of these areas. There is a lot of underlying complex code and you would be quite amazed at the detail some of it goes into. I certainly was.

You could probably take any area of the game and analyse it and come up with a lot of ways to improve it. We certainly do that sort of thing at our end and it's good to see some of the people on here doing similar things (although you should just play and enjoy the game instead of trying to find faults icon_wink.gif )

Excellent OP.

At least someone official is prepared to reply, and thanks for that. it is appreciated.

But as you self confessed to know very little about how the transfer system is implemented, is there any chance if seeing someone on here of an official capacity who does actually know how the transfer intricacies are programmed, and a reason of why it is like it is. It shouldn't be up to you to come here and explain something that isn't particularly your field. And from your profile, you're in charge of the skin, so I'd presume you're hard at it trying to rectify that disastrous mess.

On that subject, quickly, IMO there was nothing really wrong with how 07 looked, just a few tweaks with the positioning of the icons would've sufficed, I think, to make it more user-friendly and less work for the mouse to do.

Since playing the debacle that was the 08 demo, for some considerable time, I've gone back to 07, and will continue to do so instead of wasting money on the latest version, patched or not. I can live with the transfer system in 07, as bad as it is, because I've already parted with my cash, but seeing as it's as bad as ever in 08 and totally unchanged, I'll save my money until something drastic is done. As always, I'll be watching the forums and updates on the faults of 08, and when they're corrected to a satisfactory standard, and the general opinion of the users is favourable, I'll consider buying the latest version.

As someone said earlier; we generally don't look for faults. While we're enjoying playing the game, the faults find us.

I've been reading this thread through and have passed on some suggestions. I know next to nothing about how the transfer stuff works in the game so it's not really my place to pass comment on it.

We know there are areas of the game that are far from perfect and we do have ideas to improve on all of these areas. There is a lot of underlying complex code and you would be quite amazed at the detail some of it goes into. I certainly was.

You could probably take any area of the game and analyse it and come up with a lot of ways to improve it. We certainly do that sort of thing at our end and it's good to see some of the people on here doing similar things (although you should just play and enjoy the game instead of trying to find faults icon_wink.gif )

While it is certainly not your friend Ter, some of us are quite fed up with these responses that are aimed for brainless 15 year olds.

"We are always trying to improve the game" or

"There is a lot of underlying complex code and you would be quite amazed..."

No, some of us are not amazed and we have no interest on the underlying code. Some of us can't certainly not be mystified like we are small children by the "amazingly complex code that geniuses like SI can produce", you know?

These type of answers (although not especially by you, I have always thought of you as a valuable member in these forums) can only seduce children.

FM08 has tremendous design faults and many showstopping bugs. No amount of mysticism of the "underlying complex code that can amaze" can change that.

Your "underlying complex code" does not work.

Firstly, thanks for responding to this thread. To be honest, this fault in the game is a bit like the boiling frog. You can put in a frog in hot water and it will immediately jump out, but if you put it in cold water, you can slowly boil it and the frog will not move and die.

The transfer system is the same. Since 05 it has steadily become worse and it takes a post like this one (original post that is) to highlight just how ridiculous the transfer system now is in the game.

I have no doubt that it is highly complex. The reason I know this is because no-one understands how it works - not even you. But perhaps this is the root of the problem. It is now so highly complex that it does not resemble any degree of reality. Perhaps SI could consider an overhaul and completely simplify this area of the game.

Many of the old-timers know what to expect within the game, and have really just "put up with it" for the past 3 or 4 years, but buying and selling players (including the loaning of players to affiliated clubs) is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game and we'd like to get the most out of it.

I am sure you can tell the difference between the many rants that go on in the forums but this thread is clearly not one of them. In fact, this thread is exactly the type of thing that I would want to read about if I were a representative of SI. It has been carefully compiled and argued reasonably between your loyal users and I believe we have a consensus of opinion about the frustrations within the game. Surely this is the point of the forums?

Which brings me to my point (finally). The karma system (i.e. points being awarded for posts on the forums) rewards pointless numerous posts as there is no weighting on the value of the post. So, Ched and the rest are rated amateurs and yet the value of this post is worth a thousand of the 'general nonsense" threads I see on here each day.

To summarise though, I don't expect the karma system to be changed, but I would settle for a revamp of the transfer system. That would be reward enough for this thread and your many loyal FM'ers.

It is such a pity that there isn't a way to make a poll on these forums (that I could find anyway) otherwise someone could just ask what needs to be done.

e.g.

Do you want:

A) Board confidence info

B) Ability to vote in player awards

C) Coach reports

D) An updated transfer system rather then the same one that we developed 5 years ago.

I wonder how many people wouldn't vote for D?

It seems to me that rather then make a completly new game, SI are just updating their old games year after year without fixing the mistakes.

As mentioned before in this topic, since there is no real competition for football management games, SI can do what they like - namely wallpaper over the cracks.

I am rather lucky that I didn't buy this game - it was a present - so I unlike around 95% of the people her, I am satisfied with what I paid for it!

To those people complaining about SI's customer interaction - try dealing with the industry "leader", EA Sports. The level of service is laughable. The guys at SI do a very credible job with the service they provide, if you continually tell them they're doing a crap job though, do you really think they're going to continue what they do?

And on the transfer market, I thought this year's version was actually pretty credible. My transfer dealings in Feb 2012 with Newcastle had me spending £291m on 41 players and receiving £236m for 47 players. I even received £28m for van der Vaart from Man Utd (who never played him and then sold him back to me for £10.75m).

Pretty realistic for me, as I was upgrading the squad and, thus, better players were coming in than going out.

Originally posted by Britrock:

To those people complaining about SI's customer interaction - try dealing with the industry "leader", EA Sports. The level of service is laughable. The guys at SI do a very credible job with the service they provide, if you continually tell them they're doing a crap job though, do you really think they're going to continue what they do?/QUOTE]

Lol, quit the crab job then, I wouldn't mind icon_biggrin.gif. But, there are obvious differences in EA and SI, the biggest is the size difference. Not to question SI people's professional skills, but I think EA has a "little" bit more of experience in making of computer games, they are doing many different games and they have the resources to get good developers etc. together, and there are many more of them having time to contribute to games. And their ambitions are seemingly much lower than SI's, because the games they make are very easy in many ways, thus many people buy them and many won't even care because then they wouldn't be buying some of that crap icon_biggrin.gif. But they will make the money which matters.

And the amount of complainers is rationally much more lower than with SI. Which I hope shows that people playing FM are actually smarter and caring, if it only made their gaming experiences better. EA keeps on throwing their assembly line games which are played through in a couple of days and are full of maybe unrealism, but still they seem to make people happy, because they aren't trying to be multispectacles and they don't care anything else but pleasing the customer, though in a cheap way. FM tries to be a simulation and realistic, which it never will be, and not only it falls short in this aspect, but it will ruin the fun factor of the game for many. I really couldn't care less if FM wasn't "realistic". I'd like to it give me pleasing experiences and making me feel good. Now it only makes me angry (and hitting keyboards etc. if I didn't care about those breaking) after playing it 15 minutes and I have to find ways to get my mood back to even neutral level. Maybe this isn't a game for me then, but I sturdily claim that it isn't my fault.

I appreciate the feedback and that you passed on some suggestions but I’m somewhat bewildered by your end remark about finding bugs. The examples given are ‘logical’ bugs and have been in the system for some years now. If I want to enjoy the games than I will enjoy it even more if in the next version this part of the game gets an overhaul.

• SI Staff

It wasn't a comment aimed at anyone in particular and was just in passing that I find it strange that as soon as the game is released a lot of people are holidaying and testing rather than just playing the game.

We most certainly do appreciate the feedback given to us, especially when it's done as constructively and detailed as this thread is.

Originally posted by Atytse:

I agree as well. Lots of excellent point. Hopefully SI will take this into matter and make a new patch

I don't think many people here expect this to be done in any patch any time soon, but I would "hope" that SI would address it for FM 2009. We've put up with it for this long and one more year of this torture is something we can tolerate.

Ter is right though. We should try to enjoy the game as much as possible, but I am sure he realises that we probably all started off as pure gamers, but we've been coached/trained by SI to test the game in the expectation that our efforts will make it better in the long run.

So, it's back to having fun with the game for me, but it would help to even have a nod or a wink from someone at SI to indicate that this is in hand and that they'll take a serious look at the opinions constructed in this thread.

icon_wink.gif (Something like this perhaps ?)

Originally posted by Hawshiels:

Ter is right though. We should try to enjoy the game as much as possible, but I am sure he realises that we probably all started off as pure gamers, but we've been coached/trained by SI to test the game in the expectation that our efforts will make it better in the long run.

I doubt nobody did their tests if there wasn't anything to test. Who really thinks someone is only playing a perfect game just to find bugs in it so he/she can come around forums to whine? But as RedmanJB said, faults are finding gamers, not otherwise. And if there is anything that will seem weird surely people will want to know why it is happening, and as most (rightfully I say) claim they don't understand the reasons and aren't doing anything wrong, then enter the tests.

And for me the enjoyment of the game is flushed straight in toilet when there occurs a bug big enough to change my game's way, be it stupid transfer situation or a losing streak without no identifiable reason. Try ignoring your best striker being sold for 0 £ because of your chairman and dropping out of the cup to a 3rd division team with two real players with skills at 5-12 against your champions. Please tell me then how you keep enjoying FM after these kind of happenings? I seem not to be able to do it.

It wasn't a comment aimed at anyone in particular and was just in passing that I find it strange that as soon as the game is released a lot of people are holidaying and testing rather than just playing the game.

I think it WOULD usually be a strange thing to do, but people have come to accept that with any new version of FM there will be weird weird things happening after about 3 years. It's become normal and as you say it's extremely useful for the makers of the game (or at least for the makING of the patches).

What i find strangest of all about the whole thing is that SI don't seem to test the holiday future in the same depth, so that the game is released in a situation where in 10 game years most major European nations have only 2 or 3 internationals under 25, a situation which was either unflagged or not considered worthy of priority alteration during the testing and patching stage. The fan-led investigations into patterns in the game through analysis of long-term holiday games seems to always throw up useful information, but also information that suggests no such tests were carried out by the makers.

Same unaltered pattern every year, with apparently no more emphasis put on holiday testing at SI, even though it seems to be the major way that fans get substantiated data to help balance the game. THAT's strange.

We most certainly do appreciate the feedback given to us, especially when it's done as constructively and detailed as this thread is.

I appreciate there are some instances where people are producing ludicrous experiments to make complaints (one springs to mind where a guy sold his whole team to see how well his greys did.....) but there are some holidayed experiments that are not only useful but are also perfectly understandable.

Take for example the guy who posted about the decreasing quality of regens; i personally had seen a handful of threads stating that people thought the regens were of a lower quality than they should be, and in every case there was a response from someone from SI (miles, paulC etc) just saying "no there isn't" (or words to that effect); however the experiment that was run showed beyond all resonable doubt that there IS a problem with regens.

So while there are many useless holidayed exp, i think that there are also some equally useful ones. While my post was based only on what i've found through playing the game repeatedly, i would not be so hasty to condemn the holiday experiments.

Not having a go or anything, just trying to justify SOME of the threads on here.

Originally posted by Ched:

So while there are many useless holidayed exp, i think that there are also some equally useful ones. While my post was based only on what i've found through playing the game repeatedly, i would not be so hasty to condemn the holiday experiments.

Hey, there isn't such a thing as useless tests. Those tests aren't only made to show faults, they can surely be telling that there aren't any in a one particular situation icon_wink.gif. Maybe they could give people some reason for self examination, I at least want only to know what goes wrong. If it's me, then I'll learn how to do better. If it's the game, then it should be fixed if SI wants people to keep playing FM.

Besides, if SI had a different history as a developer, then things would be different. You bet your ass that I am going to test the game before starting a long term career and investing huge amounts of time on it. If I don't I will find myself hammered by bugs in 2, 3, 4 years time and my whole experience -and time- will have gone to waste.

It is SI's fault that we are testing the game. It's her broken games background that has created the fear.

And some of us are not blind fanboys to play a broken game and be happy about it.

Originally posted by Lyvean:

Besides, if SI had a different history as a developer, then things would be different. You bet your ass that I am going to test the game before starting a long term career and investing huge amounts of time on it. If I don't I will find myself hammered by bugs in 2, 3, 4 years time and my whole experience -and time- will have gone to waste.

It is SI's fault that we are testing the game. It's her broken games background that has created the fear.

And some of us are not blind fanboys to play a broken game and be happy about it.

You're being a tad dramatic aren't you? The game's hardy "broken", it just needs a bit of work to make it near perfect.

Maybe the SI testers could take a leaf out of the dedicated fans' books and test the game properly themselves before putting it on the shelves?

Just read the original post, don't know how I missed this thread, but heres my comment.

You make very good points,all of which, in my experience, are accurate and have been since FM 2005.

All I wil say is that I seem to have found an easy way around point 1, the transfer fee negotiation process.

e.g.

I'm Inter. I bid 18 million for Quaresma of Porto.

Porto come back and want 21.5 million plus a 10% sell on.

I bid 21 million, with no sell on clause and make the offer non-negotiatable.

Porto accepts.

I use the "non-negotiatable" option all the time when a club comes back to me with an acceptable offer. I can almost always drop the sell on clauses and offer slightly less money than is being asked for. The example I gave is a perfect one.

Originally posted by neil220779:

Just read the original post, don't know how I missed this thread, but heres my comment.

You make very good points,all of which, in my experience, are accurate and have been since FM 2005.

All I wil say is that I seem to have found an easy way around point 1, the transfer fee negotiation process.

e.g.

I'm Inter. I bid 18 million for Quaresma of Porto.

Porto come back and want 21.5 million plus a 10% sell on.

I bid 21 million, with no sell on clause and make the offer non-negotiatable.

Porto accepts.

I use the "non-negotiatable" option all the time when a club comes back to me with an acceptable offer. I can almost always drop the sell on clauses and offer slightly less money than is being asked for. The example I gave is a perfect one.

Recently i've found the "non-negotiable" option to cause clubs to refuse all and often raise the price.

E.g. i was recently after ribery, my scout said £28m, so i bid £25, the AI asked for £30, i made a non-negotiable offer of £28m. The AI said no. I then made a non negotiable offer of £30m, the AI said no, i then made a non-negotiable offer of £40m.....the AI said no, finally i made a negotiable offer of £28m...the AI accepted. Anybody else think this is a little dodgy?

Originally posted by Raúl Alfonso:

I agree with the original posts. And yes, the repeated enquiries are super annoying. The good thing however, is that you can choose to ignore those enquiries. icon_biggrin.gif

I know we CAN ignore them but should we HAVE to?

I doubt that this can be fixed in a patch as the problem lies in the entire system which needs to be reviewed. The problem, IMO, is not about that I cant sell player X or Y, but rather a simulation of the real transfer system that exist in football which in the game is not realistic. There is no negotations in the game, the AI makes illogic decisions and actions within the system and the system is based on reputation rather than funding as IRL.

I find the actual gameplay keeps improving and getting more and more realistic while this important area has been neglected for years. And I agree with Ched that much time seem to be spent on features that, unfortunately, I believe is unwanted or of less interest to most players.

I just have to agree with everything in this thread. I've been playing the game for 15 years or so - since the earliest editions and for the last couple of years I find it harder and harder to get excited about the game. And it's all due to one thing: The fact that the transfer system in the game is so bad that it ruins everything.

As you all say, this has been a problem for years, but absolutely nothing has changed unfortunately.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to realise that the buying and selling of players is the most important area of the game - it's what makes the game enjoyable. Now you it's so flawed that it's hard to believe.

I'm not even mad anymore - I'm just sad, disappointed and about to give up and let FM become just a fond memory and not the time consuming enjoyable game of the present.

haven't been a regular at this forum, as I've always preferred to play the game instead of using hour after hour reading threads, so I don't know all that much about the SI-user interaction. But I find it very odd that only Ter (who is obviously not the right guy to take the discussion) has replied for SI.

Maybe it's been debated and answered in other threads, but we all know it hasn't been fixed - not for a long time.

The worst thing about it all is that we are just begging for a complete revamp of the transfer area of the game - so it at least is enjoyable again. I can't even believe I'm saying this, but here goes: "I'm even ready to live with the fact that I year after year pay a lot of money for a game that is filled with bugs and have to be patched several times and is still far from bug-free. I'll live with that if you just make the game enjoyable again".

Thumbs up to everyone at this forum to use countless hours trying to get SI to listen. Hopefully someday - before I'm too old - the game will be back to the game I knew and loved..

One thing that can be fix relatively easily, is to lower the threshold between player squad status and current club reputation vs bidding player squad status and club reputation.

Listed players should them by easily tempted by a regular or key status at lower rep. team.

Originally posted by edved:

I just have to agree with everything in this thread. I've been playing the game for 15 years or so - since the earliest editions and for the last couple of years I find it harder and harder to get excited about the game. And it's all due to one thing: The fact that the transfer system in the game is so bad that it ruins everything.

As you all say, this has been a problem for years, but absolutely nothing has changed unfortunately.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to realise that the buying and selling of players is the most important area of the game - it's what makes the game enjoyable. Now you it's so flawed that it's hard to believe.

I'm not even mad anymore - I'm just sad, disappointed and about to give up and let FM become just a fond memory and not the time consuming enjoyable game of the present.

haven't been a regular at this forum, as I've always preferred to play the game instead of using hour after hour reading threads, so I don't know all that much about the SI-user interaction. But I find it very odd that only Ter (who is obviously not the right guy to take the discussion) has replied for SI.

Maybe it's been debated and answered in other threads, but we all know it hasn't been fixed - not for a long time.

The worst thing about it all is that we are just begging for a complete revamp of the transfer area of the game - so it at least is enjoyable again. I can't even believe I'm saying this, but here goes: "I'm even ready to live with the fact that I year after year pay a lot of money for a game that is filled with bugs and have to be patched several times and is still far from bug-free. I'll live with that if you just make the game enjoyable again".

Thumbs up to everyone at this forum to use countless hours trying to get SI to listen. Hopefully someday - before I'm too old - the game will be back to the game I knew and loved..

Got to agree with everything said here, i just hope that SI pull their finger out for FM09 and stop wasting their time with "new" features and anti-piracy software that targets legitimate users.

Originally posted by jkebab:

I've been complaining about this for years but was completely ignored by the SI fanboys who said it was 'realistic'. blah blah blah

Well it's not, bottom line the AI is just plain stupid!

I suspect that the AI is the cause of many of the problems people have with the game, but it probably would take more effort to fix than SI deem worthy. Pitty.

I even received £28m for van der Vaart from Man Utd (who never played him and then sold him back to me for £10.75m).

Pretty realistic for me, as I was upgrading the squad and, thus, better players were coming in than going out.

You mean signing someone for 28 million pounds and never playing him is pretty realistic? icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by endtime:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I even received £28m for van der Vaart from Man Utd (who never played him and then sold him back to me for £10.75m).

You mean signing someone for 28 million pounds and never playing him is pretty realistic? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well SWP only cost 24-ish and he hasn't exactly been a regular. Not that I disagree that transfer fees in FM08 are getting stupid.

Though I think it has much to do with finances, it's just too easy to keep your clubs rich and that causes transfer budgets to go over the top in later seasons.

Originally posted by AnalcoolicA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by endtime:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I even received £28m for van der Vaart from Man Utd (who never played him and then sold him back to me for £10.75m).

You mean signing someone for 28 million pounds and never playing him is pretty realistic? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well SWP only cost 24-ish and he hasn't exactly been a regular. Not that I disagree that transfer fees in FM08 are getting stupid.

Though I think it has much to do with finances, it's just too easy to keep your clubs rich and that causes transfer budgets to go over the top in later seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must agree that the occasionally dodgy financial model is the cause of many of the problems, but it doesn't really explain the first or second season transfers.

Just had a new hilarious transfer, summer 2008, Arsene Wenger, at arsenal spends £24m on.......reyes, why oh why oh why

Great thread, totally agree with everything said.

I hope SI realise we are not trying to take the game apart, but as we all play it loads we, surely, would be the best people to look at when trying to find flaws in the game. The transfer system being a major one.

Good topic this, constructively thought out too.

Another example from my game:

Offered a strike worth 7.5m out for 5m. No clubs are interested at all.

The next day I transfer list him. Now 4 clubs are interested. I offer him for 7.5m and 3 clubs bid and I sell him for 2.5m more than I offered him out for 3 days earlier!

Originally posted by T-Bag:

The next day I transfer list him. Now 4 clubs are interested. I offer him for 7.5m and 3 clubs bid and I sell him for 2.5m more than I offered him out for 3 days earlier!

while i agree with much of the OP, isn't this particular example because the player's wage demands are reduced when he feels like he isn't wanted (i.e. is transfer listed) by his club?

Originally posted by edved:

I too used to play with Ian Rush up front and Martin O'Neil in DC position.

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by E:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T-Bag:

while i agree with much of the OP, isn't this particular example because the player's wage demands are reduced when he feels like he isn't wanted (i.e. is transfer listed) by his club? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But would you not agree that me offering this player out to other clubs would give the implication that he is not wanted anyway ?

In addition to that as no one actually bid for him they never discussed terms with him so they shouldn't really be aware his wage demands are unrealistic. On top of that the 2.3m saved on the transfer fee would have paid the extra wages!

I do take your point as valid though but I don't think the transfer system is intelligent enough to take into account what you are suggesting.

Originally posted by bojanfan:

I agree. SI is rich as hell and have a huge development team, yet we've been dealing with the same problems in the game for the last 10 years.

You guys suck!!!!! you are HORRIBLE game developers!!!! Truly abismal. awful. terrible.

You're wrong in every aspect of that post. Please go away, and think before you post.

Archived