dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

apg26 - Gloucester City - Budget - £2412 - Actual - £5659

ManU@oldtrafford - Hednesford - Budget - £2704 - Actual - £7213 icon_eek.gif

Thank you for making me feel better! icon_biggrin.gif

Has being overbudget so much affected your board's confidence yet?

I'm not far into the season yet, but I'm already hearing rumblings of disatisfaction. I'm worried that I'll be sacked for bad budget management, regardless of how well the team is performing. icon_frown.gif

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

WORKSOP

I got Wealdstone as my parent club!!!

Safe to say I'm changing it at the end of the season.

Anyone any tips on tactics (not formations) I've a big lumbering target man who is decent in the air and a whippet of a striker to play alongside him.

Tried this season to get 'names' in like Torpey, Hignett and Sagi Burton. It hasn't worked so will concentrate more on the players stats in the upcoming end of season.

Saying that, I'm not safe from relegation yet. Just go beat by the bottom club too

Actually, forget that - I just got sacked!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you just got sacked!! doesn't bode well for me.... what stage of season did you go??

Originally posted by redordead999:

After last years moderate success (championship mid-table before rl got in the way) with Bath City, I'm looking forward to a brand new year.

Literally just installed the game and am holidaying now.

I only got chance to play about 10 games on the demo so I'm throwing myself in at the deep end. Yipes.

i didn't get to play the demo once as wouldn't work..... and i had no players or staff at the club when i started!! that's a VERY deep end.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Jimbokav1971 Boreham Wood Budget - £2843 Actual - £4406

NUFCSean Gateshead Budget - £9500 Actual - £8170

Poyplemonkeys Harrow Borough Budget - £5370 Actual - £5060

Scab Hendon Budget - £2423 Actual - £2287

dafuge Chippenham Budget - £5290 Actual - £4490

Davehammer Chelmsford Budget - £2550 actual - £2672

Gilbster Hendon Budget - £2550 Actual - £3364

Alurny Stamford Budget - £2200 Actual - £2600

migwar Bedford Budget - £2563 Actual - £2562

andy139s Chelmsford City Budget - £2315 Actual - £3176

trypio Chippenham Budget - £2334 Actual - £2307

apg26 Gloucester City Budget - £2412 Actual - £5659

paulsgruff AFC Hornchurch Budget - £2620 Actual - £2250</pre>

Originally posted by apg26:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

I'm not far into the season yet, but I'm already hearing rumblings of disatisfaction. I'm worried that I'll be sacked for bad budget management, regardless of how well the team is performing. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it has not affected my board's confidence it right in center as it has been all season and I'm 4th up to now in later december

is your over all balance in the red?

Well What A Season

Seeked Into Play-off Last Day Of Season And Won

What A Season

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5355/dafugechallengeza2.jpg

Transfers

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3903/dafugechallengezl8.jpg

Had To Sign A Keeper Quick After My Only First Team Keeper Got Sent Off In First Leg Of Play-Off

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apg26:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

I'm not far into the season yet, but I'm already hearing rumblings of disatisfaction. I'm worried that I'll be sacked for bad budget management, regardless of how well the team is performing. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it has not affected my board's confidence it right in center as it has been all season and I'm 4th up to now in later december

is your over all balance in the red? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, although I've only just finished pre-season. I won't know whether I'm on course for serious debt until I see what type of income I get during the normal season.

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Jimbokav1971 Boreham Wood Budget - £2843 Actual - £4406

NUFCSean Gateshead Budget - £9500 Actual - £8170

Poyplemonkeys Harrow Borough Budget - £5370 Actual - £5060

Scab Hendon Budget - £2423 Actual - £2287

dafuge Chippenham Budget - £5290 Actual - £4490

Davehammer Chelmsford Budget - £2550 actual - £2672

Gilbster Hendon Budget - £2550 Actual - £3364

Alurny Stamford Budget - £2200 Actual - £2600

migwar Bedford Budget - £2563 Actual - £2562

andy139s Chelmsford City Budget - £2315 Actual - £3176

trypio Chippenham Budget - £2334 Actual - £2307

apg26 Gloucester City Budget - £2412 Actual - £5659

paulsgruff AFC Hornchurch Budget - £2620 Actual - £2250</pre>

Thanks icon14.gif.

For our next little thread poll, perhaps we could all share what our pre-season expectations were and our current league position.

Jimbokav1971 - Stay clear of relegation - 4th in Conference North.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

WORKSOP

I got Wealdstone as my parent club!!!

Safe to say I'm changing it at the end of the season.

Anyone any tips on tactics (not formations) I've a big lumbering target man who is decent in the air and a whippet of a striker to play alongside him.

Tried this season to get 'names' in like Torpey, Hignett and Sagi Burton. It hasn't worked so will concentrate more on the players stats in the upcoming end of season.

Saying that, I'm not safe from relegation yet. Just go beat by the bottom club too

Actually, forget that - I just got sacked!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you just got sacked!! doesn't bode well for me.... what stage of season did you go?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got to around 35 games.

Was in 17th place. Only 15k in debt. Seemed they wanted more. ?

Boreham Wood September update Conference North.

Wood 1 Cambridge 2.

McGivern.

Wood 2 Bath 0.

Ian, Bailey.

Wood 2 Havant & W 0.

Semple, Vincent.

Wood 2 W-S-M 1.

Max, Mullin.

Wood 1 Bromley 3.

Mullin.

FA Cup 2nd Rnd Qual.

Wood 1 Didcot 0.

Graz.

Current league position 4th.

Things moving along nicely icon14.gif. The goals are being shared around a little more and the Bronly result wasn't a fair reflection on the game. We were however lucky not to lose to non-league Didcot in the Cup.

Thought I would just post a message to say about my pre season !! Having League 1 side Southend offer me a friendly, I thought that it would be a good matche to see how good some of my new players were. Having started with no players, and having to bring all in myself, only losing 4-0 wasnt a bad result and boded well for the future I thought. After another couple of mediocren results against teams much lower down the pyramid than myself, things werent looking to good.

Coming into the new season, my first match was another recently promoted team, in Mertyhr Tydfil.I wont bore you no more, got a creditable draw so its a start.

Just about to play my first home game of the season and I'm greeted with this message.Season Tickets Its a bit of a kick in the numpties, but hey, thats the challenge I guess..

Lets hope that we can get fans here and get them to keep coming, but with my side I have assembled I cant see that happening in any sort of time, but times will tell..

This is for Jimbo as well.

Super Kyle

Looks good at this level, lets hope that doesnt come and bite me on the bum when I play him later on in the season

Gilbster - Respectable League Position - 2nd Conference South

migwar - Stay clear of relegation - 16th in Conference South

Hadlinho - Mid Table Finish - Currently 19th Conference Prem

ManU@oldtrafford - Mid Table Finish - 4th Conference North

paulsgruff - Safe Mid Table Finish - Currently 8th Conference South

Hadlinho - Mid Table Finish - Currently 19th Conference Prem

sergent21 - Avoid Relegation - 11th Conference South (1 Game icon_razz.gif)

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Jimbokav1971 - Stay clear of relegation - 4th in Conference North

Hadlinho - Mid Table Finish - 19th Conference Prem

paulsgruff - Safe Mid Table Finish - 8th Conference South

sergent21 - Avoid Relegation - 11th Conference South

wisla_krakow - Respectable Finish - 1st Conference South</pre>

Work code please work.

*** Rant Alert***

What is it with my board? At the start of the season they expect us to "enjoy life in the Blue Square Premier" and achieve a respectiable postion. They give me a budget of £2,389pw and the media predict me to finish 19th. I have no players, no staff - it is all me.

So I am now in early November and am sitting 4th in the league.. You would think they would be happy with that. But no. They then tell me I should be performing slightly better. Wtf?? They should be delighted.

I am 4th for ffs, well away from the relegation zone so I fail to see what else they could want from me. I am in my office every day working with the players, training them, motivating them, scouting players all for £220pw and they are telling me to do "slightly better". What effin clowns. I would like to see Sir Alex Fergusson or Jose Mouorinho do better.

Their main gripe seems to be Steve Torpey. I agree he is a useless bag of dung but the board wont let me pay him off and no-one else wants him. They also conveniently forget to mention my ****-hot midfield three of Crowell, Igoe and Disley who have scored 20 goals this season and a tearing up teams in this league. What am I to do?

Anyway if they are still unhappy at the end of the season I will be off. They can manage their team themselves and see if they can do any better, the ungrateful little *****.

Originally posted by The Flux Capacitor:

*** Rant Alert***

What is it with my board? At the start of the season they expect us to "enjoy life in the Blue Square Premier" and achieve a respectiable postion. They give me a budget of £2,389pw and the media predict me to finish 19th. I have no players, no staff - it is all me.

So I am now in early November and am sitting 4th in the league.. You would think they would be happy with that. But no. They then tell me I should be performing slightly better. Wtf?? They should be delighted.

I am 4th for ffs, well away from the relegation zone so I fail to see what else they could want from me. I am in my office every day working with the players, training them, motivating them, scouting players all for £220pw and they are telling me to do "slightly better". What effin clowns. I would like to see Sir Alex Fergusson or Jose Mouorinho do better.

Their main gripe seems to be Steve Torpey. I agree he is a useless bag of dung but the board wont let me pay him off and no-one else wants him. They also conveniently forget to mention my ****-hot midfield three of Crowell, Igoe and Disley who have scored 20 goals this season and a tearing up teams in this league. What am I to do?

Anyway if they are still unhappy at the end of the season I will be off. They can manage their team themselves and see if they can do any better, the ungrateful little *****.

The board confidence does seem a little screwed, I'm sure I read someone from SI confirm it as a problem that would be addressed in the patch.

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Jimbokav1971 - Stay clear of relegation - 4th in Conference North

wisla_krakow - Respectable Finish - 1st Conference South

Alurny -Stay clear of Relegation -

3rd Conference North </pre>

Apologies if that fails.

Jimbokav1971 - Stay clear of relegation - 4th Conference North

migwar - Stay clear of relegation - 16th Conference South

Alurny - Stay clear of Relegation - 3rd Conference North

dafuge - Win promotion - 1st Conference South</pre>

dafuge - Win promotion - 1st Conference South</pre>

Mid-Season Update thing

Season has had its ups and downs so far, rarely found any consistency with my results, and have had problems with getting wins, but of late I've been getting some good results, including a 5-2 win over Lewes and a 1-0 win over Newport.

Was hoping some of my new signings would help me pick up some results, most hopeful of Marcus Stewart but hes let me down a bit. But i did sign Danny Racchi who has been giving some good performances.

January Table

Season 09/10 - Chippenham Town - Blue Square Premier

A much tougher season meant that I only managed to stave off relegation last game of the season. Having not managed to attract the loan players back for a second season it was ironic that this squad was far weaker than the one that had strolled through the southern division.

In particular my strikers had a nightmare, with Delroy Facey scoring 8 goals in 40 appearances despite being billed as one of my star men.

With most of the suad out of contract in the summer there is no doubt that there will be a number of changes across the whole picth. Unfortunately that low reputation is hampering who I can get in - who suggested we start with team of reputations lower than 900! icon_wink.gif

League Table

Squad

I am interested to know whether anybody has managed to keep their form going into the prem as it was far tougher than I anticipated, primarily due to teh quality fo player the full time teams could attract...

Made some decent transfers which I hope can help me stay in the league in my first season. Mid table would be nice.

While I'm here, my first two games were pretty uneventful, a 1-0 home loss to Hitchin and a 1-1 draw away from home and then in my third game this happened! icon_eek.gif

Needless to say I'm expecting the second half to be a total anti climax icon_biggrin.gif 8-7 to them?

I'm really struggling now, going from 8th down to 12th in the Blue Square South in my second season by losing most of my last few games when I could have had a playoff place. The board haven't yet offered me a new contract and mine ends in just over a month now. Not looking good icon_frown.gif

Having just said that it doesn't look like I'm going to get a contract renewal, I now REALLY hope I do because I've just recieved an incredible transfer offer for my young star striker that my board has accepted on my behalf. I thought this guy seemed really good when I signed him, but didn't think I'd be getting an offer like this after only 1 season of owning him.

Is this a transfer offer record for the conference south? £310k up front, that's extreme financial security if the deal goes through - assuming I actually get a new contract that is.

Mickey Stewart Transfer Bid - Attributes

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

Having just said that it doesn't look like I'm going to get a contract renewal, I now REALLY hope I do because I've just recieved an incredible transfer offer for my young star striker that my board has accepted on my behalf. I thought this guy seemed really good when I signed him, but didn't think I'd be getting an offer like this after only 1 season of owning him.

Is this a transfer offer record for the conference south? £310k up front, that's extreme financial security if the deal goes through - assuming I actually get a new contract that is.

Mickey Stewart Transfer Bid - Attributes

My bad it's a negotiation up to £250k over 12 months + 50% of next transfer fee, not £310k up front like I just said. I been reading through forums and had forgot I had negotiated this when the bid came in icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Joshisapoolie:

Made some decent transfers which I hope can help me stay in the league in my first season. Mid table would be nice.

While I'm here, my first two games were pretty uneventful, a 1-0 home loss to Hitchin and a 1-1 draw away from home and then in my third game this happened! icon_eek.gif

Needless to say I'm expecting the second half to be a total anti climax icon_biggrin.gif 8-7 to them?

Having a similar scoreline at HT against Havant & W, 4-3 up with 10 men (keeper sent off!) icon_biggrin.gif.

Originally posted by dafuge:

dafuge - Win promotion - 1st Conference South