Official Patch 10.1 Discussion

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does this mean?

It means that previously the Glenn Hoddle Academy was creating it's own players, rather than just signing up rejected English academy players - as it should do.

Cheers.

Do we have to have actually purchased the game via steam to get the patch automatically with steam or will we still get it if we only activate via steam?

You can perform everything via Steam even if you've purchased a physical copy of the game, as long as you choose to install the game via Steam when you run the installer.

Do we have to have actually purchased the game via steam to get the patch automatically with steam or will we still get it if we only activate via steam?

If you have the disk you'll get it automatically if you install through steam

which file do i copy patch to ????

You just click on it and it should update automatically.

I am sure I was not running FM while i try to install the patch,

Then I can't help you. :D

Who can help me by answering on my question about are the tactics that worked in the demo going to work in the full game with the patch? :D

This was a serious annoyance playing '09, and one of the things I'd have to see fixed before purchasing another FM. Having subbed-out players regain no conditioning forced very counter-intuitive choices about who to sub out and when.

This is a major glitch that should be in the list of top issues to address, imo.

I can confirm that the player substitution bug haven't been fixed in this patch . Very sad. It will probably never be fixed.

Hi

Do the touchline instructions only kick-in when the ball goes out of play re change of tactics. I thought they were meant to be fly on the wall instructions that took effect whilst in play?

Ta...K..;)

I have installed the patch but it still says version 10.0.0 when I start a new game?

EDIT: Never mind, I should have read the thread. Data base is still 10.0.0.

Because there weren't any changes in DB. When you're in game click on Game Status, then you'll see 10.1

• SI Staff
I can confirm that the player substitution bug haven't been fixed in this patch . Very sad. It will probably never be fixed.

I fixed it for 10.2 today as it happens.

I hope they will fix the bookings 'bug'. To much yellow and red cards, almost to irritating. But the next patch will not release until christmas :(

Which league is this? Is it your team or all teams in your division?

i've downloaded the patch added the .exe that was ok but when i run it, it starts winzip extracting but when it gets to 100 it just goes away and i can't press setup i've tryed it a few times and the same happens again.

anyone else have this happen and know anyway to sorted.

I fixed it for 10.2 today as it happens.

Which league is this? Is it your team or all teams in your division?

The Dutch Eredivisie. These are the cards of all teams. There are more referees in that leaque, this was just an quick look.

Edit: haven't I posted an screen of it?

We'll be making an announcement in due course :)

Paul - Re the bookings bug:

It is apparent especially when tackling is set to 'hard'. I think it just needs a bit of tweaking - it's slightly over the top at the moment but noticable.

I also think the fact that Ass Man advice on opp instructions often sets tackling to hard on a lot of players is impacting this as it is overriding default instructions that may be set to medium tackling.

More constructive fedback after long (ish) term play.

After playing several seasons patch 2 needs to address the following. I'm sure some of these will be addressed but all need to be, imo.

1. Too many penalties. Is it linked to Assistant advice and hard tackling? Maybe. But needs adjusting.

2. Too many red/yellow cards. Possibly linked to Ass Man again but it's certainly a problem, even when tackling is medium in default tactics.

3. Substitute condition bug. No reward for resting players late in a match. Badly needs fixing.

4. Regens. Too many at the start of the game?? I'm running large database.

5. Next match screen in the 'overview'. More info needed as it was a lot better in FM09, yet there is more room this time! Such as days to next game. Surely easy to implement.

6. Tactics screen. Slight delay when accessing should be optimised.

7. Professional fouls not recongised. I've seen a few players clear through, get fouled, yet the defender only gets yellow.

• SI Staff
More constructive fedback after long (ish) term play.

After playing several seasons patch 2 needs to address the following. I'm sure some of these will be addressed but all need to be, imo.

1. Too many penalties. Is it linked to Assistant advice and hard tackling? Maybe. But needs adjusting.

2. Too many red/yellow cards. Possibly linked to Ass Man again but it's certainly a problem, even when tackling is medium in default tactics.

3. Substitute condition bug. No reward for resting players late in a match. Badly needs fixing.

4. Regens. Too many at the start of the game?? I'm running large database.

5. Next match screen in the 'overview'. More info needed as it was a lot better in FM09, yet there is more room this time! Such as days to next game. Surely easy to implement.

6. Tactics screen. Slight delay when accessing should be optimised.

7. Professional fouls not recongised. I've seen a few players clear through, get fouled, yet the defender only gets yellow.

For my part:

1. Not according to our stats, must be tactical, or even database related if its certain divisions. What division are you?

2. Ditto.

3. Fixed 10.2

7. I've seen it go both ways, be happy to look at any clear cut examples you have. That said, Jamie Carragher needed to do it 3 times before getting a red in the last week or so ;)

What's wrong with too many regens at the start of the game? You'll be lucky if 5 or them became world class players in the future.

Just an observation that quite a few seem to be generated in the first season - they also go on to claim awards for youngest scorer in champions league and things like this.

It's a small concern, obviously, but thought I'd mention it as it makes the game seem a bit unrealistic in season one.

I also get these regens recommended by scouts.

For my part:

1. Not according to our stats, must be tactical, or even database related if its certain divisions. What division are you?

2. Ditto.

3. Fixed 10.2

7. I've seen it go both ways, be happy to look at any clear cut examples you have. That said, Jamie Carragher needed to do it 3 times before getting a red in the last week or so ;)

1. I agree it is tactical but I just fear that people are setting tackling to medium and not realising the effect of the Assistant advice - which is overriding the team setting by advising lots of opponents to be tackled hard. So it could be this that needs tweaking.

The division I have played the most seasons in is the English Championship and I have two players that are medium tackling in team settings with 10 yellow cards in 22/23 games - which is a 3 match ban.

7. It's fine if subjectivity is there and being used - no problem with that. I can just recall a few contentious decisions and not many where the red has been produced.

Archived