FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Right. Here we go.

Chairman Michel Rebrioux called a press conference today to announce the new manager of Stade Olympique Romorantinais, Pete Harmer, just promoted into the French National league, the chairman considers this appointment to be somewhat of a coup for the small club from south of Orleans.

Monsieur Rebrioux, described his manager as very similar to the man who brought unprecedented glory to the small Italian club of Domegliara. Though obviously much younger and more attractive.

The manager inherits a small club with a couple of semi-decent players. The trophy cabinet is as of now empty so The young manager starts with a clean slate to make his mark on.

Set-up wise it seems to be a fairly well little club. It has a small stadium with a capacity of 6200 (2600 seated), but has adequate training facilites. It is blessed with two feeder clubs already, one in the Cote d'Ivoire and the other hailing from Madagascar.

The club is affectionately known as Les Solognots, though it is understood the new manager likes to establish a new nickname for the club, after the Sologne area of France in which it is located. The region is reclaimed swamp land, the project was initiated by Napoleon III in the mid-19th century.

The club colours are a home kit of green, and away kit of white, and a third kit of what can only be described teal with white arms.

The town itself has a population of 18,350 as of 1999, and was known for its cloth trade during the 19th century. It is now most famous for its gastronomy festival held in the last week of October. "Les Journées Gastronomiques de Sologne" as it is known attracts over 13,000 visitors.

It is speculated that this food heritage is one of the reasons, the manager decided to accept the job offer, that and the hefty £1,100 per week salary.

The manager takes over at a time when the club sit on a comfortable bank balance of £192,884, with a transfer budget of £20,000, and a healthy wage budget of £11,000 per week.

Let the challenge commence!

(Oh, and sorry for the length, I'm a little excited!)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am i ok to start as Farense? yes they were in Liga Sagres a few years ago, but were unplayable from the start, so should be ok right?

If they are unplayable in the first season of the game then yes, they are fine to take over in season 2.

PRDH - great intro :thup:. Let the good times roll!

Am i ok to start as Farense? yes they were in Liga Sagres a few years ago, but were unplayable from the start, so should be ok right?

Been playing them too Charles. From the looks of it, they're one of the easiest promoted teams you'll find.

Guys thinking of starting in France :), quick question seeing as the CFA aren't playable do I have to load them?

Good question. My immediate assumption is no but having not managed in France I can't really say for sure as it may effect something I don't know about. Can anyone in France clarify?

rlipscombe - thanks. I feel I'm putting together the makings of a decent side already. Though that may have just jinxed the whole thing. One thing I am sorely lacking is any sort of pace anywhere in my team. Hopefully French football doesn't need much of that at the lower levels! I suppose I ought to change my location!

Oh My Gods! I've just gone a goal up in a friendly against Ligue 2 CS Sedan Ardennes! That's got to be a good thing right? Right?

Well, five points below the promotion playoff spots, and our portuguese playmaker injured for 8 weeks with 13 games to go. It's safe to say we wont be doing anything much this year. I'll settle for Top 8 after avoiding relegation in the last day of the season last year.

2010/2011 Casa Pia - Portuguese Second Division Central

We finished 11th only six points from relegation not to happy about that. But we only lost 10 games during the season which is something to build on for next season.

Notable players

:thup:

Career

Season   Division         Position  Achievements
2010/11  2:nd Division C   11th       None

Good fist season Uffe, you'll be up there in no time with that squad.

Sad that we are already six points away of playoffs after being up there for most of the season. The fact that both our starting mids got injured for 2-3 months in a period of 4-5 months, and that our starting GK cot called for his side to play the African Cup. Could have been better. We have 12 games left and we're 6 points behind 4th and 16 behind leader Cadiz, so it's not impossible to get that 4th place but not looking good without our star player atm. This guy has 8 goals and 15 assists in 24 league games :(

just lost 2-1 to CS Louhans-Cuiseaux thanks to 2 goals from the Christian Vieri :(

Wow what a coup for them!

They're so bad nobody would want to sign them and I don't want to have to pay off their contract. Why's it so hard to find players in Italy with pace/acceleration ratings of over 10? :D

Having the same problem here too :thdn:

Welcome and good luck to the newcomers of the challenge.

To answer a few of the questions aimed at me. In the Scottish Premier Division you play each team 3 times and then it cuts in half and you play each team in your half once more. Currently there are 2 Champions League spots and up to 3 UEFA (Europa?) Cup spots (depending on winner of Scottish Cup), and 1 relegation spot. So basically top 4 and bottom 2 are interesting fights!

I've just lost in the League Cup quarter final to Motherwell on penalties.

And to update on the takeover the first alleged takeover failed, but the chairman is still willing to listen to offers.

Ah crap. After going 6 unbeaten with 5 consecutive draws we went and lost to 15th placed Gimnastica :thdn:

With 5 games to go we are now in the relegation zone in 17th, 1 point behind 15th and 16th...need a seriously big result soon otherwise this Spanish adventure could be over :(

Edit: We have runaway leaders away next, 11th at home, 3rd at home, 18th away and 15th at home. We have to beat those three down here with me :mad:

Lost 3-0 away at Alavez as expected. Didn't stand a chance.

11th placed Lugo at home and it was all them for 60mins of the game. I threw caution to the wind and went all out attack. 3 clear cut chances later and we were still stuck at 0-0. And that's how it stayed. A point gained but we really needed three...

Lost 3-0 away at Alavez as expected. Didn't stand a chance.

11th placed Lugo at home and it was all them for 60mins of the game. I threw caution to the wind and went all out attack. 3 clear cut chances later and we were still stuck at 0-0. And that's how it stayed. A point gained but we really needed three...

fingers crossed......

iacovone - Gimnastica are a good team. They where 4th last year and 5th so far this year on my save. Good luck on the run in, sounds like it'll be as exciting as for the rest of us.

Second season is going a lot better for us. 8-9-6 in 23 games and a fairly safe 12th place so far. 13 point down to the relegation playoff spot, so we need to fall apart to go down. In fact there's less points up to promotion playoffs, 8 points up. But we're way to inconsistent to manage that, not to mention 8 other teams have to slip up.

So it's looking like a comfortable season, and something to build upon.

Wow this going to be so tight. Nerve wracking stuff over here in Gran Canaria. 1-0 down to 3rd place Lemona at home after 60 mins. All out attack and a last minute equaliser!!! Dani Macias rescues what could be a crucial point!

Well, I've said it before but this time I think it's time to have a crack here (especially seeing as a few test runs show that my laptop isn't going to be able to handle a large career game...)

The question is where? I'm tempted by Turkey's new home but my favoured team, Yalovaspor, are not eligible anymore. Germany is a possibility, especially if I can get Türkiyemspor promoted. However, I'm leaning towards Spain or Portugal atm... Decisions, decisions ;)

Archived