OMG some news about the FM10 Demo!!!

On mirrorfootball, its says :

To celebrate the fact that the download of the new Football Manager 2010 demo will be exclusively available on MirrorFootball later this week, we're counting down the very best tacticians, thinkers and tinkerers ever to have graced the beautiful game.All week we'll be counting down the Top 10 managers in history via the pages of our amazing archive section.

The current countdown is at number 6 with Bob Paisley.

My guess is when we will have the number one manager, the DEMO will be out

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys read into everything don't you :D

Some of the "conspiracies" on here are great. Convinced some of you are sitting at home with tin foil hats on ;)

What do you mean sitting at home. Back garden 30 feet under with row after row of tinned products lining the shelfs!

Source: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Football-Manager-2010-new-features-blog-Day-30-New-fixtures-plus-more-feedback-from-our-beta-testers-article188721.html

"Football Manager 2010 new features blog Day 30: New fixtures, plus more feedback from our beta testers

By Football Manager 2010

Published 11:06 14/10/09

Hello again, and welcome again to another edition of the Football Manager 2010 blog here on MirrorFootball.

First off, some very good news. Football Manager 2010 is officially now in manufacture! And that means the demo must be very close to release too!

According to today’s Daily Mirror and Daily Record, the demo will be available on this very site from tomorrow, so we’d better get busy with getting it tested and available...

---------------------------------------------------------------

...And that’s it for now – I look forward to blogging to you all again soon. All that’s left to say is that I hope you really enjoy the demo of Football Manager 2010!

Cheers

Miles"

Good news from the horse's mouth :)

I bet you a million quid (not really) that it will be online this evening on here. They dont want to set a specific time incase the servers crash so everyone will be trying at midnight now they know its tomorrow...so it will be released around 7/8pm to lighten the load and that initial rush

You watch.....

According to today’s Daily Mirror and Daily Record, the demo will be available on this very site from tomorrow, so we’d better get busy with getting it tested and available...

I suspect the bit in bold is simply a joke, which has seemingly gone over most peoples' heads!

I wouldn't bother refreshing for a bit yet. We'll tell you when its ready.
on the mirror page it says the 16th and its the 14th today so how come people are expecting it at midnight?

Because todays Daily Mirror newspaper has a full page advert saying it will be available tomorrow, and today's blog confirms that.

Dont be surprised to find it online here later this evening!!

Everyone should take the healthy option. Expect it on Friday. Go and do something else. If it appears before then...its a nice surprise. If it doesn't, you have at least another day and a bit of normality before your life is ruined by 20 hour FM sessions.

I echo that.

God, we have the craziest junkies here.

Everyone should take the healthy option. Expect it on Friday. Go and do something else. If it appears before then...its a nice surprise. If it doesn't, you have at least another day and a bit of normality before your life is ruined by 20 hour FM sessions.

Should being they key word :)

this thread is bewildering....

albeit it in a amusing way.

for the F5-blokes:

out of patience

annoyed and impatient after being patient for a while. (*Typically: be ~; run ~.) I finally ran out of patience and lost my temper. The boss is finally out of patience with me

have the patience of a saint and have the patience of Job

Fig. to have a great deal of patience. Steve has the patience of Job given the way his wife nags him. Dear Martha has the patience of a saint; she raised six children by herself.

lose patience (with someone or something)

to stop being patient with someone or something; to become impatient with someone or something. Please try to be more cooperative. I'm losing patience with you.

Patience is a virtue.

Prov. It is good to be patient. Jill: I wish Mary would hurry up and call me back! Jane: Patience is a virtue. Fred: The doctor has kept us waiting for half an hour! If he doesn't call us into his office pretty soon, I may do something violent. Ellen: Calm down, dear. Patience is a virtue.

the patience of Job/a saint

a lot of patience

Usage notes: Job was a character in the bible who still trusted God even though a lot of bad things happened to him.

You need the patience of a saint to be a teacher.

try the patience of somebody also try somebody's patience

to cause someone to become extremely annoyed The judge told the lawyer that he was trying the patience of the court with his delaying tactics.

Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast. Antonyms include hasty and impetuous.

Patience is often described as a core virtue in religion or spiritual practices. For example, Job is a figure that appears in the Hebrew Bible, Christian Bible and the Qur'an; his story is considered a profound religious work. At its core, the theme is the co-existence of evil and God and the application of patience is highlighted as the antidote to the earthly struggles caused by that co-existence. The plot of the book is that Job endures near-apocalyptic calamities without losing his patience or reproaching Divine Providence. In the Qur'an, the person of Job is actually known as Ayyūb (Arabic: أيوب ), which is a name that is symbolic of the virtue of patience (although it does not mean patience in itself).

In the Christian religion, patience is one of the most valuable virtues of life. Increasing patience is viewed as the work of the Holy Ghost in the Christian who has accepted the gift of salvation. While patience is not one of the traditional biblical three theological virtues nor one of the traditional four cardinal virtues, it is one of the seven virtues, alongside chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, kindness, and humility.

In Buddhism, patience (Skt.: kshanti; Pali: khanti) is one of the "perfections" (paramitas) that a bodhisattva trains in and practices to realize perfect enlightenment (bodhi). Patience is recognized within Hinduism in the Bhagavad Gita. In both Hinduism and Buddhism there is a particular emphasis on meditation, aspects of which lead to a natural state of mindfulness that is conducive to patient, effective and well-organised thought.

In Human, All Too Human, philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche argued that "being able to wait is so hard that the greatest poets did not disdain to make the inability to wait the theme of their poetry." He notes that "Passion will not wait", and gives the example of cases of duels, in which the "advising friends have to determine whether the parties involved might be able to wait a while longer. If they cannot, then a duel is reasonable [because]...to wait would be to continue suffering the horrible torture of offended honor...".

Relax Guys; it's going to be uploaded when it's finished and it's going to be announced when it's uploaded.

I am relaxed, I WAS only joking about the F5 thing.... I am at work, and will be, till 6. Then I have the gym till 8. So regardless of when the demo comes out, im unavailable to play it till 8. Hopefully it comes by then, if not, I wont lose any sleep over it.

Nothing wrong with having a bit of a convo and a laugh on here whilst I kill time at work is there?

Anyway whats this about a Demo?

Relax Guys; it's going to be uploaded when it's finished and it's going to be announced when it's uploaded.

Anticipation or being enthusiastic, is an emotion involving pleasure (and sometimes anxiety) in considering some expected or longed-for good event, or irritation at having to wait. Robert Plutchik listed anticipation as one of the eight basic emotions in his psychoevolutionary theory. See also hope. A name for pleasured anticipation is excitement.

Anticipation can be shown in many ways; for example, some people seem to smile uncontrollably during this period, while others seem ill or sick. It is not uncommon for the brain to be so focused on an event, that the body is affected in such a way. Stage fright is a type of anticipation, stemming from the actor or actress hoping that they perform well.

Archived