Will Manager wages count?

When the board offers you a new contract, they always offer you the lowest wage as possible. Will this even matter in the next game? i hope you will be able to do at least something with that money.

It does actually "matter" now. The size of your wage packet can have an influence on your job security. It's cheaper to pay off a manager who's on a low wage. If you're on huge wages and then hit a sticky patch during the season, then the board might allow you a bit more time to put things right because it would cost them a fortune to fire you.

i always ask for more money. at the moment my Liverpool board offer me new 2 year deals at the end of each season. I've got them up to $450,000 a week on my current deal, and if they offer another one at the end of this year I'll be pushing it up to $550,000!!

I'm regarded as the best manager in the world at the moment so they'll do anything to keep me!

i always ask for more money. at the moment my Liverpool board offer me new 2 year deals at the end of each season. I've got them up to $450,000 a week on my current deal, and if they offer another one at the end of this year I'll be pushing it up to $550,000!!

I'm regarded as the best manager in the world at the moment so they'll do anything to keep me!

Fully Agree. PAY ME!

Wages are mainly cosmetic but they do count as far as your job security and your ability to move (negatively due to higher buy-out fee) are concerned.

Everything else has been suggested a few times and been rejected in many nice and rude ways. I expect SI to never do anything like that as it would merge the Sims with FM somewhat and this is just not what FM is about.

it be good if you could do things with your wages. nothink like fifa manager tho.

Like what? Unfortunately I'm yet to see a decent suggestion put forward in any thread as to what would be a good way to use the wages that wouldn't turn the game into either The Sims or Club Owner 2010

Like what? Unfortunately I'm yet to see a decent suggestion put forward in any thread as to what would be a good way to use the wages that wouldn't turn the game into either The Sims or Club Owner 2010

as i said it be good but i dont know what.i dont want the game to turn into fifa manager. i have played fifa manager its good for 5 mins then it get boring after that

I like to get as much as possible, I like seeing my "Total Career earnings" roll on and on.

£500k a week?* You damn right that's what I'm worth! :p

*Many years of slowly increasing your demand. FM09's economy makes it a bit harder with Chelsea, mind

Does a managers wages actually come out of the clubs finances on FM?

In other words if you were offered 25k a week and saved the game before accepting and then negotiated a higher wage (eg 125k p/w) and made different save would both seperate saves reflect differently on the clubs finances?

Thus a lower wage would mean more money in the club and maybe more for you to have to spend on players yourself?

Or are managers wages a cosmetic thing and have no relation to a clubs finances thus a waste of time?

an idea on spending your own money...

perhaps you could set up an independent football academy or center like Glen Hoddle has done in Spain and Keegan was doing before he re-joined Newcastle?

just an idea.

I always ask for the lowest possible wage so as to reduce the club's costs as much as possible. Luckily I'm nearly always successful so don't have to worry about getting a bigger wage to enhance my job security.

It does actually "matter" now. The size of your wage packet can have an influence on your job security. It's cheaper to pay off a manager who's on a low wage. If you're on huge wages and then hit a sticky patch during the season, then the board might allow you a bit more time to put things right because it would cost them a fortune to fire you.

However I found out to my detrement (either in 08 or 09, i forget now) that too high a wage can have a bad effect too..

I'd won everything at Arsenal (sure, big challenge, but still :p ) only to go two seasons finishing 2nd. That was fine, as I was mid contract. A few years later and the same happened though. This time the two 2nd placed finishes were at the end of my contract. They never renewed.

I'm sure it was because my wages were too high for them to keep me unless I was top every year. :( Youd think winning 4 titles, then two runners up, then another four titles (with various Champions League wins sprinkled in) would allow you to go 2 years in 2nd place. :p

Archived