Biggest transfer coup so far

mackemforever

So basically, who is the best player you have managed to snatch from under the noses of bigger teams, or got for a bargain price, who is far better than the level of football you are playing or is better than the normal standard of player who would join your club.

For me it would have to be Juan Manuel Mata in my first season at sunderland. Got him for £2.5 million from Valencia and he almost immediately became a wonderkid, by January he was wanted by all the big four and a lot of major european teams and he basically carried my team to 9th place.

mata-1.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mattock for me.... best 2.5 million ive ever spent in any version of the game..

for me he's been mr consistant and the best lb ive had, much better then clichy, maxwell, evra and co..

constantly bombing up the wings and getting pinpoint crosses in and just brilliant defensively

i just got Bojan for Spurs for free :D

Barcelona let him go

happens all the time, you should all look at the end of the 1st season and there is a good chance he would have been released or out of contract.

i got the chance to sign Xabi Alonso 30 minz ago for Spurs but i canceled the deal because i wanted 2 or 3 players

Pepe and Marcelo for Carvalho on my Chelsea save. Real put in a bid for Carvalho and I only wanted a part exchange. Marcelo's been backup for Ashley Cole but Pepe finished the season with 10 goals, including one in the FA Cup final and the 93rd minute winner in the League Cup final.

im starting my 4th season at leeds and on 23rd june 2011 (just been promoted to premiership as championship champions)

i searched for listed players, there he was sergio assenjo, with an asking price of £4.0mil, transfer listed by request, due to the financial worry at valladolid.

i bid a cheeky £2.2mil (as that is all i had)

the bid was accepted, and he signed, regecting everton, newcastle, deportivo :D

How come so many people are getting Bojan for Free!?

On my save he's worth £23M and has a contract until 2013! There is no way I could prise him away from Barce as he is also a first team regular and appeared against me in the Champo League.

How come so many people are getting Bojan for Free!?

On my save he's worth £23M and has a contract until 2013! There is no way I could prise him away from Barce as he is also a first team regular and appeared against me in the Champo League.

There is a bug which I think has been solved on the new patch where Barca don't renew Bojan contract at the end of the season! Same with Aquino, it's weird!

So basically, who is the best player you have managed to snatch from under the noses of bigger teams, or got for a bargain price, who is far better than the level of football you are playing or is better than the normal standard of player who would join your club.

For me it would have to be Juan Manuel Mata in my first season at sunderland. Got him for £2.5 million from Valencia and he almost immediately became a wonderkid, by January he was wanted by all the big four and a lot of major european teams and he basically carried my team to 9th place.

mata-1.jpg

How did u get Mata for £2.5m?!

I offered Darren Fletcher to clubs at the very begining of 1st season for 15m.

Tottenham and Manchester City want him but I rejected them as i felt 15m is not enough for him and i offer 20m to clubs again.

Now just left Manchester City who offer me with 20m, AND i negotiate to 30m!

Surprisingly the price is accepted by Man City! And i sell fletcher for 30m which his price is at around 7.5m! great 1!

Archived