Making Messi play like IRL!

OK, I'm pretty sure everyone's gonna recommend playing Messi AMR, inside forward, bags of creative freedom, roaming etc. been there done that, have him cutting in like irl, even tought him the ppm 'cuts inside' after a season because he wasnt performing anywhere near the same as he does irl.

So my question is, how do u get messi to score / assist as much as he does irl on fm10 from that position, which is where he predominantly plays?

Its not asif messi only started performing well after fm10 was released so SI couldn't have anticipated his performances as he had an outstanding season last year goal/ assist wise and is replicating the same this year, so is it just impossible to have messi score 30+ goals a season from AMR where he does so irl, or am I missing a crucial tactical instuction?

Same applies for C.ronaldo too, I appreciate he drifts and plays upfront sometimes, but still is employed as winger, and would like know how to get him to score the ridiculous amount of goals that he scores irl.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Guys.

In my barca save I had their rl tactic pretty much bang on. Don't have time to go into detail. Will do this evening. One important thing though, have his wide play as moves into channels. Same for your aml. That should definitely help.

just started a new game with barca this morning and i'm using the original johann cruijff 4-3-3 and i have to say, messi has been quite amazing just like real life

i'm just about to start october and he's started in every game starting right wing (despite coming off injured in the first half of the european super cup) and his record stands at Friendlies - 4 games 8 goals, Club - all comps - 9 games 10 goals International - 3 games 1 goal

pretty realistic IMO

Messi has been my most scoring player (closely followed by Suarez (ex-Ajax) and Zlatan (in a way also ex-Ajax) in my first two seasons as Barca.

He plays as an inside forward (right side, attack role):

Year- apps - (league) goals - assists

2009/2010 - 20 - 14 - 8

2010/2011 - 32 - 20 - 8

This season he has scored 11 out of 23, but Ibrahimovic is having a blast of a season with 24 goals and 12 assists in 25 matches so far.

Have played 31 league matches so far.

I play a 4-3-3 fluid Attacking, with more roaming.

------ ST----------

AML---------- AMR

-----CM-CM-------

-------DM---------

DL---CD-CD----DR

-------GK---------

Some notes: Back four have "normal roles" except one of the fullbacks (either Lahm or Alves) who plays as an offensive wing back

My DM plays as an anchor man, my CM are box-to-box (Iniesta) and a deeplying playmaker (Xavi). AML is a winger (support) AMR (Messi!! is an inside forward with attacking role), ST is a complete forward (Ibrahimovic).

Garion, my formation is exactly same as yours except for the dmc i have an amc, only conceded 6 goals all season so dont really need a destroyer. Still, i play messi the same as you and the johann cruyff formation, inside forward etc, but messi will only score 10-15 goals all season, perhaps the guy that said its the match engine is spot on.

Has anyone got messi to score 30+ goals in a season from the right wing? thats what he seems to be doing in real life for the past 2 seasons yet on fm10 its near impossible.

So would like to know if anyone has achieved this, how have u got messi set up/ the team?

I spent ages last night watching Messi's goals on youtube, downloading them and such. I was in awe. I can rewatch some of his goals over and over again, 2 hatricks in the space of a couple weeks. The guy is a god.

There is no way you can replicate the way he plays IRL, on FM.. :)

You can to an extent but its not with him set as an inside forward, people make the mistake of thinking that because he cuts inside then he must be an inside forward, try setting him as an Advanced Playmaker and change his wing play to cut inside my friend used this and said that he got the golden shoe and also the most assists in the league :thup:

He is absolutely fantastic in my Barca save. Playing him on the right wing as a inside forward and he's so far scored 20 goals in 20 appearances in the league. 1 goal in one match in the cup and 2 goals in 5 matches both for his national side and for me in the CL. It's not _that_ far off what he delivers in real life I'd say...?

He is absolutely fantastic in my Barca save. Playing him on the right wing as a inside forward and he's so far scored 20 goals in 20 appearances in the league. 1 goal in one match in the cup and 2 goals in 5 matches both for his national side and for me in the CL. It's not _that_ far off what he delivers in real life I'd say...?

It's not so much goals scored, but his involvement in play. My AMR/Ls tend to top the scoring charts when set up as roaming inside forwards, however, this usually sees them playing on the shoulder of the last man and not getting involved as much in build up play. Stopping them from roaming and running forwards as often actually sees them playing far more like Messi does.

I've just started a second season with Arsenal and have been fiddling with my formation. In the first season, goals were spread fairly evenly across the front 3 (roaming amr/l + fc) with around 20-30 goals each. I've brought those wingers into the game more this season by stopping them from roaming and running forwards as often. So far nasri has 12 goals in 14 appearances, so perhaps I'm onto something?

His stats are absolutely insane, so it's just an issue of getting him onto the ball alot. Why not experiment with "Focus Passing Down Right Flank" and set him as your primary playmaker. He should get the ball alot more often, then just set him to Run with ball - Often and Run from deep with ball - Often.

Seen it twice in this thread, and also in other threads about inside forwards... About holding runs a little. I've found my inside forwards are alway rinning into coverage by the opponent's fullbacks. I think I will take your advice and set fwd runs to rarely.

Also seen people suggest using an inside forward as a "support" role, to hold them back on the pitch a little, so they can get involved on play more (like messi does so well). Anyone tried that? Thoughts?

I always have my inside forwards as support, never actually tried them with attacking, but in my 4-5-1 they are extremely effective and get involved in play alot. My lone striker is also a modified Trequartista, so the front 3 all just roam about looking for goals and assists.

Playing as supporting inside forwards Van Persie has 4 goals and 9 assists in 12 starts and Arshavin has 9 goals 8 assists in 12 starts. Make of that what you will.

Whoever said that you should use 'move into channels' instead of 'cut inside' is spot on. Personally, Ive noticed that 'cut inside' only makes wide players move inside when they have the ball while the former has wide players moving inside off the ball according to their own judgement.

Messi 09/10

http://img716.imageshack.us/i/messistats.jpg/

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/messistatistics.jpg/

http://img140.imageshack.us/i/messiinstructions.jpg/

surprisingly enough he won......absolutely no awards except for goall of the season and champions league goal of the tournament

Also he may be rotating with jovetic (AML) but jovetic is also rotating with zlatan (striker) and zlatan with messi so its three rotating forwards

if you wanna see anymore info just ask :thup:

Archived