Planned FM Saves - The Ideas Thread

Just wondered what saves people were planning for FM10 (or other versions). Thought this might be a bit of fun and also a way to share some ideas for starting up new saves.

I have the following planned for FM10, although I doubt very much that I will have the time to attempt all of them! These are the saves that I am interested in trying out in order of priority:

1)

Description: Playing with the team that I support, St. Albans City. Start with them and manage them for the whole save. This will be my main save on FM10 and I will be saving it for after the last patch (10.3) which comes with the final data updates!

Setup: Probably large database and retain international teams and players from top clubs in Europe - maybe all international and top players if star rating is okay - plus I will be using a step 3 ddt to retain players at clubs in the Isthmian/Southern/Northern Premier Leagues.

Aim: Take the Saints up the leagues and set loads of new club records.

Long-term aim: Establish the Saints as a Premier League side and try to win as much as I can. Possibly manage internationally at some point too.

2)

Description: Calcio Journeyman save inspired by John Foot's history of Italian football Calcio. A journeyman save focusing on Italy. Start unemployed with lowest reputation and work my way up. Currently playing this save - see 'Crouchy's Calcio Journeyman Save' thread. :cool:

Setup: Load all Italy, top two of Spain and England with medium database plus all European international teams loaded.

Aim: Eventually work my way up to taking over one of the biggest club in Italy. Win Italian Serie A and Champions League.

Long-term aim: Possibly move abroad after achieving success in Italy and try to win English and Spanish top flight titles. Maybe some international management in Europe too.

3)

Description: International save with England taking them to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Start with England and possibly move on at some point. Inspired by Elrithral's 'It's not Terry's, it's mine - An international adventure' thread.

Setup: Large database and retain current international players & players at top clubs. Probably load top flight leagues in England, Italy and Spain.

Aim: Win World Cup and European Championship.

Long-term aim: Move to other international teams and win as much as possible with them as well.

4)

Description: Britain and Ireland Career save, probably starting unemployed. Work my way up to becoming a top manager.

Setup: All British leagues plus Ireland loaded, probably medium database plus retain current international players and players at top clubs.

Aim: Win every title in Britain and Ireland. Win Champions League.

Long-term aim: Possibly drop down the leagues to finish my career with Saints taking them up the divisions once the other challenges are finished before retiring!

5)

Description: Scandinavian career save probably starting in Sweden. Start unemployed and work way up.

Setup: All Scandinavian leagues, medium or large database, retain international players and players at top clubs in Europe probably.

Aim: Win every title in Scandinavia.

Long-term aim: Try to win the Champions League. Turn one of the Scandinavian countries into a major force internationally.

As you can see, most of my save ideas follow the same pattern of starting at the bottom and working my way up either with one club or by increasing my reputation and jumping ship. :D

So what are your planned (or even current) saves on FM?

Regards,

C.

1)

Description: Managing My beloved Cardiff City as I do every year, try and take them to th Prem.

Setup: Medium sized database I think, England,m Spain and Italy down to second tier, top tiers of Germany, Holland, France.

Aim: Take the BLUEBIRDS to the Premiership, which hopefully we'll be doing in real life soon :D(I've completed this aim already!)

Long-term aim: Similar to you, Established Premiership team, maybe Uefa Cup or something would be interesting.

2)

Description: Managing my favourite team in the Premiership, Liverpool, bringing them to glory and good times again.

Setup: 2nd tier of England, Spain, Italy and France, top tier of Germany and Holland.

Mini-aim: Win the league for the first time since 1990

Aim: Win the treble really, that's fairly reallistic if I win the league.

Long-term aim: Possibly manage a nation, and make Liverpool the best team in the world.

3)

Description: Manage Celtic, who I had a brilliant save with on FM09, I also have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Setup: Scottish leagues down to bottom tier available on the game itself, England down to League One, top tier of France, Spain a Italy.

Aim: Win domestic treble deason one.

Long-term aim: To win The Champions League, hopefully.

4)

Description: Mnage my country Wales, who have great youth, but not much experience, hopefully make them a top team.

Setup: Ep tier of England, to League One, Wales Premiership, top tier of France, Spain, Italy and Germany.

Aim: Qualify for Euro's/World Cup

Long-term aim: Establish ourselves as a strong nation who can qualify for most tournaments. Reason I load top tiers in European countries is that I would possibly manage a club, but only a strong one in these leagues.

5)

Description: Manage England, haven't done this before, would be interesting I'm sure.

Setup: England to League Two, top tiers of Scotland, France, Italy, Spain, Germany

Aim: Win Euro 2012

Long-term aim: A challenge would be win 2 consecutive World Cups .

I'm sure I'll start other various saves but these are the ones I'm looking at, I'd be interested in starting in BSN or BSS, o lower but I'm rubbish at those kind of saves, I quit well too early.

Good thread again Crouchie ;)

Great idea, Crouchy :cool::thup:

So, here are the votes of the German jury.

1)

Description: Playing with the team that I always start playing with, Newcastle United. This time a whole different challenge than before.

Setup: Major leagues loaded plus Scotland. Top two tiers but for ENG (top 4) and Germany (top 3), large db, retain top 3 to 5 clubs from most European nations and a few others.

Aim: Turning the magpies in a international top club again.

Long-term aim: Will see how things are going and maybe move to Barca if it's going well. Otherwise I might just move on to one of the games mentioned below. If it's great, plans 2 to 4 or some of them might as well not be touched at all.

Started already, won promotion in first year, now close to finishing the second, sitting 11th in EPL.

2)

Description: Taking over Wuppertal, my home town club for which I used to play myself, a bottom third division side irl.

Setup: As above, maybe with Holland and the odd Scandinavian league added.

Aim: Taking them back up to Bundesliga again.

Long-term aim: Winning things with Wuppertal and then see what becomes available to me.

3)

Description: A career game, started in a smaller country. Last time Bröndby went very well. Maybe I'll try Belgium or Sweden this time around.

Setup: As above with a few smaller nations loaded too, which ones depending on where I start

Aim: Make my own way up to the top level of football, winning things along the way.

Long-term aim: As above. Would love to be at HSV at some point of that career.

4)

Description: The winning everything game with which I can still pretend to have had a small challenge in that, Notts County.

Setup: Like the Newcastle save.

Aim: Win every title in Britain. Win Champions League.

Long-term aim: Going nowhere else. If boredom kicks in, I'll start another save or resign and then try to get a real challenge, somewhere down the ranks.

Mine are

Description: Career game of at least one country from all continents (i forgot south america :( ) win the champions league in of all continents

Setup: as a above one country from each continent, Egypt for africa, Qatar for Asia, USA for North america and Ireland(North & Republic) Spain, italy england ukraine for Europe

Aim: Win all the Champions leagues in the world, turn each club into a dominating club in their continent (except europe where i intend to win all the leagues available, and guide my home town side sunderland to world dominance)

Long-term aim: Earn the sunderland job and guide them to world dominance

Mine are

Description: Guide a small team near to where i live to the pinicale of world football Crook Town to the premiership! and beyond

Setup:load up the non-league set up as i need to go from step 10 and maybe the top divisions of a few other countries likes italy spain, holland

Aim: Win everything in England and europe with Crook

Long-term aim: stay till im fed up then possibly go back down to level 10 and start again

Good idea for a thread

1)

Description: Playing with the team that I support, LeicesterCity. Start with them and manage them for the whole save. Have started a new game with 10.2.0. Will most likley just patch this save.

Setup: Large database.

Aim: Win the premier league.

Long-term aim: Win the champions league

2)

Description: Real Madrid. With all the signings they made in the summer I really want to have a go with these galacticos.

Aim: Win everything

Long-term aim: Build the best team the world has ever seen.

3)

Description: Notts County. As I really enjoy building my own teams I'd like to see if I can take Notts County all the way to the top. Very interested to see how the financial model of the club is. Although this might change with the 10.3.0 patch.

Aim: Win the premier league.

Long-term aim: Win the champions league

Great idea Crouchaldino. :thup:

Wisbech

Description: Playing with my local team is usaully a good save. It use to be King's Lynn (10 miles from me, Peterborough being 21 miles) but with the Level 10 add-on thing, I can now manage my local team which is located literally a stone throw away from my house, level 9 Wisbech. (I can literally throw a stone from out of my garden, and I bet it lands in the stadium ;)) It is a hard save, as you hit Conference it starts to become exceedingly difficult.

Setup: Large database, and only England Levels 1-10 Playable. Retain all players from a few countries where you can pick up lower league legends, like Portugal, Spain etc.

Aim: Rise through the leagues as quick as possible.

Long-term aim: Make them a well recognised global force, Yeah... I am big!

Peterborough

Description: The other local team, which is a bit higher in the leagues.

Love taking control of Peterborough due to I love signing great youngsters with them, and destroy the league with 17-18 year olds in the first season. But due to them getting promoted last season to the Championship, means I will not be doing that. I am yet to start this save.

Setup: Large database, and my usual massive set up of 33 playable leagues, England down to North/South, top 2 tiers from all major countries (Italy, Spain, France, Germany) and then the top division from many such as Ukraine, Russia, USA, Portugal, the list goes on.

Aim: Get promoted as soon as possible and start building a premiership quality side with a few oldies in there.

Long-term aim: Win the Champions League within 8-10 seasons.

Man City

Description: This is always my first save on FM, because of the money. Just an easy save to get use to the game, get the hang of things and stuff like that. Nothing too serious as it is a very, very easy save.

Setup: Large database, and my usual massive set up of 33 playable leagues, England down to North/South, top 2 tiers from all major countries (Italy, Spain, France, Germany) and then the top division from many such as Ukraine, Russia, USA, Portugal, the list goes on.

Aim: Sign the best, and only the very best. Win the title in first season.

Long-term aim: Win everything (normally takes 3 seasons, then I stop).

Newcastle United

Description: Only for FM10, just get them back to former glory using an automatic reputation. Again, the first season is very easy and usually shouldn't be too much trouble, but when you get in the Prem, it is a lot harder than you would thought. As soon as I win the Premiership/Champions League with them, leave for another Championship club, only to do the exact same thing again. This can continue until I get bored.

Aim: Get promoted in the first season.

Long-term aim: Win the Premiership with 3 different clubs from the Championship (bringing them up each time).

Portsmouth

Description: My sacred Portsmouth, I just absolutely love managing Portsmouth on FM10. Because I support them, it makes me feel more involved and often can get sucked into a Pompey save for hours just looking for players and stuff :)

Aim: Stay up first season, aim mid-table.

Long-term aim: Over time, build a squad that is the quality of knocking on the doors of the big four, can usually take 3-4 seasons, but on FM08, I did it in the first season due to an amazing takeover (Man City esque) which has never happened again! :(

1)

Description: starting at la galaxy with pro footballer reputation so i can move abroad but signing some of the best free players for galaxy and having the fun of beckham, assist god

Setup: large db, load leagues from usa, mexico, australia, south korea, argentina, brazil, germany, france, england, italy, spain. second division in all leagues possible plus all leagues in england

Aim: winning league in usa and then winning the top league in at least four other nations incl. england, italy and spain so that i can unlock achievement of winning five top class leagues in different countires. also trying to win european champions league with a team from england, italy and spain.

Long-term aim: number one in all time hall of fame, manage man utd as my final club. possibly take usa or italy to world cup glory before retiring (nationality is an american with second nationality italian)

2)

Description: take doncaster rovers, my hometown team, to champions league success and try to sign a current world class star for them before the age of 32

Setup: huge db, load all leagues from england and top leagues from spain, italy, france and germany

Aim: play attractive football and build club up club so that they are a staying power in the english game

Long-term aim: try to have as many england internationals as possible and bring youngsters through from doncaster and surrounding area so they can be top class players. ideally i would want to have my own stadium named after me and end up as a club legend, if possible.

3)

Description: look to win continental competitions on every continent

Setup: medium/large db with south africa, usa, mexico, australia, south korea, brazil, argentina, england, italy, spain. maybe more europeans.

Aim: win the african champions league before moving on to usa/mexico, then asia, then south america and finally a european powerhouse. i have won the cl on three different continents on a previous fm save, but never all of them simply because the timescale of your career starts to take effect after a while and it can take a long time to win in africa.

Long-term aim: that's it. perhaps return to south africa and manage the national team until retirement if i have time.

4)

Description: lower league manager save where i move around a lot

Setup: large db with retain players from all of europe

Aim: win each league title in england with a different club, i've won the premier league with blue square south sides before but i think to do it with a different team at every stage would be something very different and on the new fm i am much more into moving around clubs

Long-term aim: win the world cup with england, retire whenever it happens. not interested in cl to be honest, though obv would be better to win it.

5)

Description: take lechia gdansk of poland to european glory, even if it's the europa league

Setup: all eastern european countries down to lowest level of country, major european countries too incl. france, germany, holland, portugal, scotland etc

Aim: build up an ajax like dynasty where i bring in young talent from around the world and threaten the big boys in europe, i'm up for this save because managing this side before was one of my best ever games on fm and i managed to beat real madrid at the bernabeu but never won a trophy in europe

Long-term aim: try and turn as many players as possible into internationals for poland even when they were born in other countries, on the other save with gdansk i managed to sign a young bosnian winger who ended up captaining poland even though he didn't start with them as a second nationality. this was one of my greatest ever achievements.

1)

Description: starting at la galaxy with pro footballer reputation so i can move abroad but signing some of the best free players for galaxy and having the fun of beckham, assist god

Setup: large db, load leagues from usa, mexico, australia, south korea, argentina, brazil, germany, france, england, italy, spain. second division in all leagues possible plus all leagues in england

Aim: winning league in usa and then winning the top league in at least four other nations incl. england, italy and spain so that i can unlock achievement of winning five top class leagues in different countires. also trying to win european champions league with a team from england, italy and spain.

Long-term aim: number one in all time hall of fame, manage man utd as my final club. possibly take usa or italy to world cup glory before retiring (nationality is an american with second nationality italian)

already started this one. so far i have managed la galaxy, sydney fc, herclues, boca juniors, barcelona, bayern munich, tottenham (just finished a season for three months after i'd been out of work for a while), ac milan. won the league with galaxy, the playoffs with sydney where i only spent four months, hercules i won the liga adalente, boca juniors won all five trophies possible in the first season, barcelona i won the cl and spanish cup first season then second season i won every trophy poss incl. world club cup, european super cup and spanish super cup, bayern munich i won the treble first season incl. the cl which was the first time i had ever won back to back cl with two different teams, milan i had an unbeaten league season first year but lost the coppa italia and europea league finals, then second season won the league again along with coppa italia but lost in cl quarter final to inter. this season i am currently playing i am top of the league by just three points but i am in the coppa italia final again and cl semi final, having just knocked out inter!

"as a above one country from each continent, Egypt for africa, Qatar for Asia, USA for North america and Ireland(North & Republic) Spain, italy england ukraine for Europe"

how do you get egypt and qatar? one thing i have always wanted is more african nations so if you could show me an uploaded db i'd be thrilled!

check the Editors forum they have downloads for most african nations

can i just ask you, as someone experienced with using them, if they are "easy" to implement?

everytime i go in there or the skins forum everything looks too complicated for me.

yea a doddle, download file drag and drop to the right file (path escapes me but was in a readme for the egyption league) start new game and the countries are there ready to be used. seriously its a 1 min job :D

to avoid this going off topic more just pm me if you get stuck :)

Good thread :)

1) Take Aston Villa back to 1982.

Description: Start as Aston Villa, as I do at the start of every FM.

Setup: England, Spain and Italy top leagues only. Medium database.

Aim: I want to take Villa back to the peak of Europe, while winning as much domestically as possible. I completed this last night in fact, I have resigned upon completion of the treble, and my next aim is to get an international job at one of the top nations (preferably England) and take them to win the world cup and their respective continental competition.

2) Take Bilbao to the top.

Description: Start as Bilbao

Setup: England, Spain and Italy top leagues only.

Aim: Pretty similar to the one above, I want to take Bilbao to be the top team in Spain and Europe

3) South American Challenge.

Description: start as one of the Argentenian clubs.

Setup: Not 100% sure, will be running Brazil and Argentina, maybe a country out of Europe too.

Aim: Establish an Argentenian team up there with River and Boca, win as much as possible, where I'd go from there, I'm not quite sure.

1)Description: To take Nottm Forest back to the top

Setup: England(down to league 2), Italy(Serie A), Spain (Liga BBVA) Portugal(Liga Sagres)

Aim:To win the premier league with Nottm Forest

Long-term aim: To win the league muliple times and to win the Champions League

2)Description: To get billericay Town to the premier league

Setup: England leagues down to level 10

Aim: To get billericay Town to the premier league

Long-term aim: To win the premier League and to win the champions league

3)Description: To make lexios SC a top europeon club

Setup: England(down to league 2), Italy(Serie A), Spain (Liga BBVA) Portugal(Liga Sagres)

Aim: To make lexious a top europeon club

Long-term aim: To win the champions league and world club cup

My 1 Save.

Mission: To take the worst club in playable divisions to glory and carve out a career from it

Setup: England to Regional 1st Divisions, Large Database

Aim: To get said club up a couple of leagues and see how it goes from there

Long Term: To get offered the England Job and win the World Cup (or another national side)

How's it going.....

09/10: Rossendale/Unibond D1N/Champions

10/11: Rossendale/Unibond Prem/Champions

11/12: Rossendale/BSN/Champions/Won FA Trophy

12/13: Rossendale/BSP/5th (lost in playoffs)

13/14: Rossendale/BSP/Champions/Won FA Trophy

14/15: Rossendale/LG2/Left them in 1st in December

14/15: Sheffield United/CH/ Guided them to safe mid table

15/16: Sheffield United/CH/2nd/Promoted

16/17: Sheffield United/Prem/19th in January

I had this idea a while back - suggested it on CSE as a challenge and some people liked the idea but didn't get going with it.

GANG OF FOUR

Description: Manage four different English clubs to different levels of glory - one from each league of the football league.

I'd personally use Manchester City, Sheffield United, Huddersfield Town and Rotherham United

Setup: England down to BSN/BSS, top league in Italy/Spain/Germany/Scotland/France.

Aim: To win every domestic title, i.e. all four divisions, JPT, League Cup, FA Cup and then the European trophies.

Long term aim: Get all four teams in the Premier League finishing 1/2/3/4.

Celtic and Rangers have just been dropped into league 2 (me managing the Bhoys). Interested as much as anything to see whether I can stave off financial disaster whilst keeping up with the boards demands. You never know, it might happen!! Will play it thro as far as the board will let me or until retirement and hopefully still be receiving news items about Rangers struggles in the Johnstone paint trophy in 2020. All leagues of Eng,Scot,Spain,France and Holland loaded

I havn't got anymore planned to be honest. Im quite happy managing my beloved Newcastle and have been doing since day 1 of release. Im just about to go into 2015 now, have established them as a premiership and have built them into champions league qualifiers. My game is just turning now to the point where regens are becoming a more common sight in first 11's all over the place. Due to my time setting up a global scouting network, ive managed to grab all the best youngster from areound the world and im starting to see the benefit.

If i do start a new save it will be after the last patch so i can utilise the data update. Im either going to use Super Bladesman's Level 10 edit and play with my current local team - Rugby Town - or just use the bog standard database and start unemployed.

Description: "The Loquacious Legend!"

Setup: Top leagues of England, Spain, France, Germany, Portugal, Holland, Italy, Scotland, Russia (more if the PC can handle it!)

Aim: To become the greatest manager in history, as well as being fluent in as many languages as possible

Long-term aim: Managing in every league available, as well as managing internationally, the manager must start with one language and master as many as possible. The rules are that you can only move on once a degree of success (ie at least one cup) has been won and you are fluent in the domestic language.

Optional Extra: A new tactic (or set) must be created for each team to earn the additional title "Master Tactician"

Description: "The Loquacious Legend!"

Setup: Top leagues of England, Spain, France, Germany, Portugal, Holland, Italy, Scotland, Russia (more if the PC can handle it!)

Aim: To become the greatest manager in history, as well as being fluent in as many languages as possible

Long-term aim: Managing in every league available, as well as managing internationally, the manager must start with one language and master as many as possible. The rules are that you can only move on once a degree of success (ie at least one cup) has been won and you are fluent in the domestic language.

Optional Extra: A new tactic (or set) must be created for each team to earn the additional title "Master Tactician"

Very innovative Wills. Not sure if I'd try it, but I do like the idea. Good luck with that :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ordered the Jonathan Wilson book Behind the Curtain: Travels in Eastern European Football so I will be adding another save to my list of planned saves based on it. Something like Elrithral's thread here (I'm always stealing his ideas :D).

Another recent thought was that I would like to try managing somewhere completely different, that is somewhere that I have never managed before on FM. This will definitely be outside Europe too because that is where I generally tend to manage. I'm open to suggestions. :D

I wonder if I will ever get around to playing all of my planned saves. FM10 has got me really addicted and I have been thinking of tons of saves to try out lately! :cool:

Main save AFC as usual. (Having not had my own computer for FM09 era) I am looking forward to seeing Wilshere and Ramsey developing into world class players under the tutelage of Arshavin and Cesc respectively.

I will also have a go at what I think most would consider among the most interesting clubs to manage this year: Man City, Notts County and Newcastle. Maybe Southampton also.

My local non-league side, Sutton Utd, are below the Blue Square South now.

Barca and Roma my favourites on the continent.

England.

I recently ordered the Jonathan Wilson book Behind the Curtain: Travels in Eastern European Football so I will be adding another save to my list of planned saves based on it. Something like Elrithral's thread here (I'm always stealing his ideas :D).

Another recent thought was that I would like to try managing somewhere completely different, that is somewhere that I have never managed before on FM. This will definitely be outside Europe too because that is where I generally tend to manage. I'm open to suggestions. :D

I wonder if I will ever get around to playing all of my planned saves. FM10 has got me really addicted and I have been thinking of tons of saves to try out lately! :cool:

I received this as an xmas present Crouchy. Not read much of it yet but its very interesting so far. Eastern Europe has always been a fascination of mine, I imagine I'll be interested in starting a career there when I get deeper into the book. :cool:

1)

Description: Playing with the team that I've supporter for like ever (Real Madrid, and no I'm not one of those Ronaldo fanboys I'm a Spaniard) And also be the La Furia Roja Manager (Spanish National Team)

Setup: Unsure yet

Aim: Win the Champions League once again, bring the club back to the top and try to get the best out of my youth academy like we used to do a while ago..And win the World Cup with Spain, so anyways just win as many prices as I can (I've got this save up already, am in Season 4 atm won the CL once, La Liga once, Copa Del Rey twice)

Long-term aim: None really, unless you count the one above as Long-term aims

Since I got this one up already, here's how it is going:

09/10: Ended 2nd in La Liga/Won Champions League/Won Copa Del Rey

10/11: Won La Liga/European Super Cup/Won Spanish Super Cup/Won Club World Championship

11/12: Ended 3rd in La Liga/Won Copa Del Rey/Won Spanish Super Cup

12/13: Currently 1st in La Liga am still in all competitions and I've won the Spanish Super Cup, Also got assigned as the Spanish National Team Manager.

2)

Description: Get Rayo Vallecano or Celta de Vigo back to the top, might even go for Leeds United.

Setup: Unsure yet

Aim: Bring one of the mentioned clubs back to glory.

Long-term aim: Get in the Legends book at one of the mentioned clubs.

3)

Description: Move as much as I can I'll start with a midtable spanish team and will get my way up.

Setup: Unsure

Aim: Win the Champions League and World Cup (With a not too big team or country)

Long-term aim: Move to other International teams and clubs to win as many prices as possible.

I received this as an xmas present Crouchy. Not read much of it yet but its very interesting so far. Eastern Europe has always been a fascination of mine, I imagine I'll be interested in starting a career there when I get deeper into the book. :cool:

Will be starting the book once I have finished Brian Glanville's Football Memories. I basically bought it because I loved Inverting the Pyramid. I really know very little about Eastern European football to be honest (well, apart from some of the stuff in Inverting and in The Ball is Round). I'm sure it will prove to be a great read though.

I have too many ideas for FM saves at the moment. Every time I read a football book, it gets worse. I recently read Beastly Fury by Richard Saunders and it made me want to start a British career save. Then, of course, there was Calcio by John Foot, which led me to start my current Calcio Journeyman save. I'm also getting Brian Glanville's book on England's managers from Walter Winterbottom to Fabio Capello, so no doubt there will be an England save started after reading that. Not forgetting my usual non-League save with my beloved Saints! It's never-ending! :rolleyes: And because FM10 is so addictive this year, I can see myself playing it way too much and having a go at a fair few of these ideas at some point. :D

Archived