FM2010 Confederation of African Football Project

magicmastermind124

I'm creating this thread to pool the efforts of those who wish to or are interested in setting up Leagues in the CAF region.

These work best with FuryG's update for African Players 2.10 found here and downloaded here.

The leagues are as follows (major leagues are in bold):

Zone 1 - Northern

Algeria

Sudan

Libya

Morocco - Thread - Download

Tunisia

Egypt - Thread - Download

Zone 2 - Western A

Senegal

Cape Verde

Gambia

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Liberia

Mali - Thread - Download

Mauritiana

Sierra Leone

Zone 3 - Western B

Nigeria - Thread - Download

Côte d'Ivoire

Ghana - Thread - Download

Benin

Burkina Faso

Niger

Togo

Zone 4 - Central

Cameroon - Thread - Download

Congo DR

Central African Republic

Chad

Congo

Equatorial Guinea

Gabon

São Tomé and Príncipe

Zone 5 - Central Eastern

Burundi

Djibouti

Eritrea

Ethiopia

Kenya

Rwanda

Somalia

Tanzania

Uganda

Zone 6 - Southern

South Africa (expansion)

Angola

Botswana

Comoros

Lesotho

Madagascar

Malawi

Mauritius

Mozambique

Namibia

Seychelles

Swaziland

Zambia

Zimbabwe

The countries in bold were on Wikipedia as having the most teams going through to the CAF Champions League.

I don't know how many of you out there are interested in playing African Clubs on FM, but seeing that there is only one playable league out of the box here I thought this thread was needed to help track the efforts of making the CAF more playable.

Edits will be made here to incorporate changes to the leagues below:

Added Cameroon Download and Thread link 9.12.09

Added Egypt Download and Thread link 9.12.09

Added Mali Download and Thread link 18.12.09

Added information regarding African Player DB 18.12.09

Added Nigeria Download and Thread link 10.02.10

Updated information regarding African Player DB 10.02.10

Added Ghana Download and Thread Link 03.04.10

Updated Cameroon Download link 03.04.10

Fixed Nigeria Download link 03.04.10

Added Morocco Download and Thread link 01.05.10

Updated Nigeria Download and Thread link 22.05.10

I'm working on a Nigerian league atm, I've added dozens of clubs, stadiums and cities, and created a playable league for the top three levels in Nigeria. Also added the Federation cup and super cup. The federation cup is not in the correct format as it ain't possible to create as the editor is now. What I need help with is the awards. The two awards i do know about is the Nigeria's Footballer Of The Year and the NPL Most valuable player. So if other have some knowledge it would be great...

Great! Can you estimate a release date yet? :) I'd propose the Nigerian Top Goalscorer Award (just basic as in all other countries). With the 10.2 patch being relatively close I prepare the relase of the updated version of my AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE (with ~2000 newly added African players!) and of a meticulously assembled Mali League structure which covers 3 tiers and adds another ~600 Malian players from newly added Clubs and Football Academies! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a Morocco league almost done. No players added, and it's an expansion of a previously created file I found on the internet... but I don't know who made it, so I'm not sure I'm comfortable releasing my update to the public when I can't give proper credit to the one who made the original.

I found it on some French website, and since I don't speak the language I didn't understand much... if anything.

It was created in French as well, so I had to rename the awards so they would make sense to me :)

What I've done to it is add all the missing Div 3 teams, and corrected the format of GNF2 as well as put the correct teams in there (his version had the teams that were relegated in 08-09, as the newly promoted teams didn't exist in the DB).

I've also fixed attendances (most were left at 250 average... which is ridiculously low).

Currently the awards are giving me a headache, because in my latest testrun they decided to stop being awarded at the end of the season... and I haven't even made any changes to them since they last worked.... awards seems to be a bit buggy in the editor.

If anyone knows who might be the original creator of the Morocco file, so I could contact him and have permission - I would be happy to share it with you all.

If you could tell me where you found it exactly we could try to find out who the original creater is.

My knowledge of French is only basic, but with a dictionary and Google translate, we can find a lot. :)

It´s very probably one out of this championate afrique:

http://www.manager-online.fr/sujet15581.html

Thank You! That is indeed the file I was working off of. I just downloaded after searching and checked it out, and then I couldn't find the download again... I've bookmarked the site, and I'll try to get a hold of the guy tomorrow.

Just running a late night soak to make sure everything works fine, and the first season saw the awards back up and running again.

Quite an enjoyable league, actually - but I was surprised to see the number of foreigners they buy! I'm running the tests with FuryG's database, so there's plenty of African foreigners to buy, and the Moroccan clubs are raiding every African team of all the talent... well, once I run with more leagues the Moroccan teams will face some competition for those guys.

All leagues seem to posted by flo2693.

I saw no other person credited, so you could ask him if he is the creater also.

Or you could ask Stev', who is an administrator on that site.

Good luck :)

Since it's been discussed... thought I'd let you all know that I've sent a PM to Flo over at that French site, and providing he understands some English (or knows how to use an online translator), I hope to receive some positive reply from him shortly.

I've finished my work on the Moroccan league and playtested it. Hope I'll be able to share it with you all... if not - I can still recommend the above link as it would offer a fully playable league, and my file don't offer any additional players this time around. Mostly just added teams, fixed the cup a little and re-arranged the GNF2 to reflect the current season.

Quite an enjoyable league' date=' actually - but I was surprised to see the number of foreigners they buy! I'm running the tests with FuryG's database, so there's plenty of African foreigners to buy, and the Moroccan clubs are raiding every African team of all the talent... well, once I run with more leagues the Moroccan teams will face some competition for those guys.[/quote']

Best way to sort this out is to go into the Nation section of the DB and sort out the transfer preferences for Morocco.

I also remember you mentioned in your Cameroon League structure thread (which I will defo be using in my career game!) that not many Cameroonian talent left to play in Europe. In order to achieve this you'd need to add Cameroon to transfer preferences of more playable nations, even if it is set very low.

Still waiting for a reply from Mr. Flo over on that French site, but it seems he hasn't even posted there since December.

I've posted to the boards now, so hopefully one of them French dudes can understand enough of my English to help me out :)

It'd be a shame if I couldn't share the file as it turned out quite well.

I'm currently working on the African leagues, particularly the minor ones. The problem is that some of the league info for the more obscure ones is harder to find. Hopefully, I'll get it released soon with any luck. I'd originally started of working on making a realistic Cuban league but their structure (4 conferences, bit like the MLS) is unachievable in the editor.

• 3 weeks later...

Really impressed with the work on the african leagues/players by FuryG/Veg/O'Leary's Trainee :thup: (apologies if I've missed anyone out)

I've ordered a new laptop and considering starting a career game, but a couple of questions:

Has anyone tested if all these xmls work together? (I'm thinking mainly of FuryG's update + Egypt/Mali/Nigeria/Ghana/Cameroon/Morocco)

Do these work with 10.3 database? (I remember reading somewhere that there is some overlap with FuryG's african update and new players added to 10.3...)

Is there an Ivory Coast xml out there? (I mean of a quality similar to the standards you guys seem to be setting, not a half-a***ed attempt!)

JBZ, if I recall correctly, there is an Ivory Coast file, posted in the same original thread as the Morrocan file, made by Flo and OLT. I have no idea of how good it is. But, as the Morrocan file was pretty good, as OLT said, the chance is that the Ivory Coast file isn't bad eighter. I am guessing however.

The players from FuryG update are duplicated if you chose to use the 10.3 database. You can choose to use the 10.2 database when starting a new game and no duplicates will be a problem.

Thanks lads.

Yeah, a list would be useful.

But I guess it is difficult to identify out of 6000 players (unless they can be identified by country and thus narrowed down?), and I suppose if it's only a few, not a big problem unless they're obviously noticiable ones.

FuryG, it would be great if SI could use your terrific work in FM2011 so this kind of thing is not an issue in future!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Alright chaps,

I've recently been given the task of researching more countries. I'm now responsible for pretty much everything (including Mali, Ghana, Cameroon and Nigeria) except the Maghreb region and South Africa.

I know some of you have made your own patches this year for new leagues and you've probably done some work in the editor that you felt should be in the default db (missing players, clubs etc.). I want to make it easier for people on the editing forum by including as much accurate information as I can. If you spot any glaring errors please let me know on the data issues thread.

Alright chaps,

I've recently been given the task of researching more countries. I'm now responsible for pretty much everything (including Mali, Ghana, Cameroon and Nigeria) except the Maghreb region and South Africa.

I know some of you have made your own patches this year for new leagues and you've probably done some work in the editor that you felt should be in the default db (missing players, clubs etc.). I want to make it easier for people on the editing forum by including as much accurate information as I can. If you spot any glaring errors please let me know on the data issues thread.

OK, is this officially endorsed by SI? Does this mean that SI will be using your research for Football Manager 2011, thus adding more African leagues playable because of this? :D

Blanchflower: Blue Lou is one of two Head researchers for the African Continent so of course they use his research... That being said it doesn't mean that more leagues will be playable..

OK, is this officially endorsed by SI? Does this mean that SI will be using your research for Football Manager 2011, thus adding more African leagues playable because of this? :D

Miles Jacobson has already confirmed that there will be no new leagues in FM 2011.

• SI Staff

I will provide SI with data for FM2011. SI's Miles Jacobsen has said that there will be no new leagues included in FM2011 however there is nothing stopping gamers from providing researchers more accurate information to make it easier for unofficial league patch makers :).

Archived