[RELEASE] Ghana Glo Premier + Poly Tank Division One Leagues

O'Leary's Trainee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENERAL INFORMATION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Data Editor file of the Ghana leages, created as accurately as possible with a few exceptions (as noted in the info sections of this file)

This file has been tested through year 2020 without any issues at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMPETITIONS

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghana Glo Premier League

Ghana PolyTank Division One

Ghana Second Division (Inactive)

Ghana FA Cup

Ghana President's Cup (SuperCup)

GHALCA Top 4 Tournament

Under 20's League and Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghana Glo Premier League

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16 Teams

Play each team 2 times for a total of 30 games

Bottom three teams relegated to Division One

Notes:

League history has been added to show past winners since 1953

Full real squads added to all Premier Division Teams

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghana PolyTank Division One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Regional Divisions *

16 Teams in each

Play each team 2 times for a total of 30 games

Top four teams qualify for Promotion Play-Off League

Winner in Promotion Play-Off League (3 matches) promoted to Premier League

Bottom four teams relegated to Second Division

Notes:

Players and Staff added where information has been available

Club kits and colors added to all teams - accurate where information available, otherwise random "fantasy" colors assigned

* In reality, the three Division One zones are also divided in two groups of 8 teams. They play eachother twice for a 14 game season, after which the top two of each group qualify for a promotion league of four teams (each zone gets a seperate promotion league). I could not do this in the editor, which is why I have combined the two groups under each zone to one 16 team league. I felt this was the best solution, as the teams promoted will be from the accurate regions, and the playability of Division One is enhanced, since you get a 30 game season instead of the short 14 game season that they play in real life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghana FA Cup *

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Division One + Division Two teams participate in a Qualifying Round (96 teams)

16 Premier League teams enter in Round 1

Semi-Finals and Final played at Neutral Stadium

Notes:

Cup history added from 1958

* In reality, the FA Cup has not been played since 2001 - or atleast there is no record of it since then. According to the Ghana FA statutes, the competition is still part of the domestic footballing structure - so I decided to add it to the league file I created. The format is a basic knock-out tournament, ordinary for most FA Cups in the world, since there is obviously no actual format to base it upon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghana President's Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winner of Ghana Glo Premier League player the winner of the Ghana FA Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GHALCA Top 4 Tournament

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre-Season Tournament

Top Four Teams from Ghana Glo Premier League participate

Play eachother once

Top two qualify for a championship play-off match *

Notes:

Cup history added from 2002 (when the tournament was introduced)

* In reality there is no final match played to determine the winner, but instead it decided after the league play has concluded. Could not find a way to get rid of the final match in the editor (had to manually edit just to make it the one group)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Under 20's League and Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Under 20's are played in regional leagues

~~~~~~

AWARDS

~~~~~~

Glo Premier Manager of the Year

Glo Premier Player of the Year

Glo Premier Young Player of the Year

Glo Premier Top Scorer

Glo Premier Goalkeeper of the Year

Glo Premier Defender of the Year

Glo Premier Midfielder of the Year

Glo Premier Striker of the Year

Glo Premier Goal of the Season

Glo Premier Player of the Month

Glo Premier Young Player of the Month

PolyTank Player of the Year

PolyTank Young Player of the Year

PolyTank Top Scorer

PolyTank Player of the Month

PolyTank Young Player of the Month

~~~~~

TEAMS

~~~~~

Total of 121 Cayman Islands teams in the database (44 in the original DB)

All teams also have an Under 20 squad

Many affiliations added accurately to teams

All teams have correct stadiums where available

If no known stadium was found, a fictional stadium in the correct city was added

All Ghanaian cities have accurate Longitude/Latidude values for as realistic regional divisions as possible *

As for teams in Division Two, I am not sure ALL of them play in that league, since there is no information to be found. Only fragments of various regional championships that play for promotion to Division One.

* For some reason the game still decides to mix things up unrealistically every now and then, but for the most part the regions work as they should.

~~~~~~~

PLAYERS

~~~~~~~

ALL players added to the DB are real players, but there is little to no research done on their attributes.

ALL Premier League teams have full (accurate) squads.

All players added are in their correct team, and have their correct name and nation.

Almost 1.000 players and staff added to the database!!!

------------------

DOWNLOAD HERE!

------------------

ADDITIONAL LOGO PACK FOR THE GHANA LEAGUES!!!

I've also put together a logo pack for the Ghana leagues for your enjoyment. Included are also some ready made logos for teams that were not in the original database, but I did not add the unique ID's to the config xml's in this case. These can be found in the "not in db" folder, and you can easily assign the unique ID's by replacing the XXX## strings in notepad or something, to make them appear in game.

Find the logos here:

GHANA LOGOS!

Torric shouldn't be at Portsmouth. Check the Pompey thread in the dataforum.

Ok... sorry about that.

When I did the player updates I only checked against the Ghanaian teams. Players from other clubs I just assumed the db had correctly.

Just did some research, and it does seem that perhaps he is not on loan at Hearts Of Oak, but rather did return there after some missed payments for the transfer...

...seems he's on his way to Arsenal now instead.

Either way... I'm not going to bother with this minor error. In each of my tests he's moved on to some big club like Real Madrid anyway.

Thanks for the info though.

Oh... by the way.

This is a question for those who have given this league a test run...

I forgot to mention in the list of updates that I created two new weather regions for the Ghana league - "Northern Ghana" and "Central/Coastal Ghana" - to accommodate for the specific weather in that area of our world. That means there are rainy seasons and dry seasons - so you'll be seeing a lot of rain during certain months.

In reality, I've noticed that the Ghana league seldom keeps to it's proposed schedule - which is what the schedule in my version is based on... and I'm guessing (in real life) that the rainy season is why they usually don't start until October or something, despite the league being scheduled to start in July/August.

Thoughts, experiences? Lots of rain-outs?

First of all I would like to thank you for all the effort you've put into this. It's really amazing. I've always wanted to play as a Ghanaian club.

I'm currently manager of Deportivo FC in Division one. I wanted a club located in Kumasi (my dad was born there) and a challenge (that's why i didn't pick kotoko). I haven't noticed any rain-outs as of yet.

I'm really enjoying myself playing this game. Currently sitting 2nd in the league (above expectations so it seems). I got a team full of generated players and boy are they bad ...

It was too hard to find the actual rosters ?

Glad to hear you're enjoying the experience managing in Ghana.

Yeah, I tried hard, but for most of the Division One teams it was impossible to find any rosters. I tried looking at news items, and could add one or two players every now and then, but a lot of those D1 teams sadly had to be left without any players.

I'd say getting Deportivo to promote to the Premier League would be a good accomplishment. Good luck!

Luckily, I've managed to win the promotion play-off with 2 draws and only 1 win.

I'm really excited about the premier league. A league fully provided of logo's and real players.

The hard part will now be to improve my team to premier league standard.

I really love your work !

• 3 months later...

If you want to know how to any update, I suggest you also read the FAQ

The most important things about using updates are:

Where Should I save files to?

Whether you have created the files yourself or downloaded them they need to be placed in the following locations for them to be loaded into the game.

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

Don't overwrite the config.xml file! Instead, you should give your file an original name of your own choice.

Following the 10.2 patch, a new option was included in the editor to compress the editor data files, saving them as a smaller *.dbc file instead of the *.xml. These can be loaded by FM10 without any decompression.

How do I load my file into my game inside FM?

When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived