Released: MALI League Structure (Ultra High Quality!!!)

FuryG

mali_league_cover.jpg

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/321800395/FuryG_-_MALI__High_Quality_.rar

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?myg3mg3njtt

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This editor data file was created by FuryG.

Note: It is highly recommende to utilize this league update together with FuryG's AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE (v2.00)!

Installation: just put the xml-file into the "editor data" directory

GENERAL INFORMATION

A Data Editor File (XML-Format) for Football Manager 2010. Adds the Malian League Structure as

accurately as possible.

Added Malian Domestic Awards

Dozens of new clubs created.

600+ players and staff added (mostly low reputation players for newly created clubs - additional

higher reputation players are available in "FuryG's AFRICAN MEGA DATABASE v2.00"!)

Added dozens of new cities and stadia with correct coordinates.

Worked out regionalization to make geographical league sorting in regional championships (D2) perfect!

Added several native languages and assigned to specific regions in order to get a realistic representation

of differences in ethnicity in such a large country as Mali. Hence, Newgens from the northern Region will

have differently sounding names compared to newgens born in the south of the country!

Tested until 2025 withou issues.

COMPETITIONS

Championnat National de 1ère Division (D1)

Championnat de 2ème Division (contains 11 regional sub-divisions with the winners of each sub-division

playing a promotion playoff to the top flight)

Ligue de l'ACEFOOT (League of Malian Football Schools & Football Academies)

Coupe du Mali

Super Coupe du Mali

Coupe BDM-SA (pre-seasonal cup played among D1 Clubs and D2 Clubs from the Bamako District)

Coupe du Port Autonome d'Abidjan (pre-seasonal cup played among top clubs of the top flight)

Coupe de l'ACEFOOT (Cup of Malian Football Schools & Football Academies with the academy

"Centre de Formation Naba Kango" from Burkina Faso as invited guest participant!)

Awards

Malian Player of the year (global)

Malian young Player of the Year (global)

Malian D1 Top Scorer

Malian D1 Team of the Season

Malian D1 Newcomer Club of the Season

Malian D1 Best Goalassistant

Malian D1 Player of the Season

Malian D1 Young Player of the Season

Malian D1 Manager of the Season

Malian D1 Goalkeeper of the Season

Malian D2 Top Scorer

ACEFOOT Top Goalscorer (Cup)

ACEFOOT Best Player (Cup)

Languages

Bambara / Dioula / Mandinka (Main Language in Mali; also spoken in large parts of Guinea, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone)

Fula (more common in the Southern/Western Regions as well as in Guinea and Ivory Coast)

Moré (South-Eastern regions and Burkina Faso and Northern Ivory Coast)

Wolof (Western regions and Sengal/Gambia)

Soninké (Western regions and Sengal/Gabia)

Dogon (Eastern Region around the city of Bandiagara)

Songhai (North-Eastern Region)

Tamashek (Northern Saharan Region)

Hassaniya Arabic (Northern Saharan Region)

Cities

added more than 30 cities with correct geographical coordinates and weather conditions

Newgen Names

linked cities with languages to get a stunningly realistic modelling of newgen names (hence, newgens from the northern part of the country will sound different from newgens from the southern part (as Mali is a HUGE country!). Example for a northern name: "Aboubacrine Assadeck"; example for a southern name: "Fousséiny Diakité". Also Newgens from the south-western part (near the Guinea frontier) that speak the Fula language are more likely to have names as "Diallo", "Sow", "Sy", "Sylla", "Bangoura", while central Bambara speaking newgens will rather be named like "Traoré", "Touré", "Coulibaly",...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

D1.jpg

acefoot.jpg

Hi Fury,

Excellent work. You seem to fly through these things. Can I ask where did you get your skin, your logos, and your facepacks?

The skin is basically the steklo skin that I adapted to my personal taste: I desaturated the (to my personal opinion) horrible purple elements and added a tint of blue.

The logos are basically available in some of the official logo megapacks (FMG09 I think), and I added a few additional logos that I found on wikipedia.

The facepacks for domestic Malian players are custom-made by myself. I utilized the great Panini-style template, as Octavanius correctly stated.

The backgrounds were also assembled by myself - I can offer them in a seperate rar-archive for download if requested.

Just have to ask this question: Why aren't you the official researcher of Mali?

I was back in 2004/2005. But today I'm mostly lacking the time to comply with official research deadlines. Unfortunately... But I've had a good cooperation with the African Co-HR this year :).

Grat that you cooperate with Blue Lou I guess it is. Anyway does the official research take that much more time than creating an unofficial DB?

No, but I can't tell in advance when I have time, that is the problem here. I'm a university researcher and frequently travelling in Africa and Europe. Furthermore, with the new XML concept of editing, it should not be too difficult to transfer my updated data into the official DB. I think that is one of the long-term plans of SI - to make such transfers possible.

No, but I can't tell in advance when I have time, that is the problem here. I'm a university researcher and frequently travelling in Africa and Europe. Furthermore, with the new XML concept of editing, it should not be too difficult to transfer my updated data into the official DB. I think that is one of the long-term plans of SI - to make such transfers possible.

I see. Let us hope that Driss too take a look and includes your work in the countries he is responsible for.

I agree you are correct although I must ask if a Malian league is necessary, I am sorry but you have probably wasted you time creating this. I'll be shocked if more than 250 people want it to be honest.

Why not? I am interested in this! Mali has produced several World Class players in recent years and will continue to do so... I know that most people in Europe tend to be extremely ignorant when it comes to such countries, but well - that's not what I am concerned with. I am not intending to serve some mainstream. I just want to discover the next Seydou Kéita (who, when he was only a small domestic youth player, won the "Best Player" award at the under20 World cup back in 1999 - ahead of a certain Frank Lampard and Ronaldinho...) in one of the Malian Football Academies that are now part of FM - and that makes me happy! :) I personally find this FAR more rewarding and exiting than playing down in level 10 in England (even though I highly appreciate Super Blademan's fantastic work!)

For example I created the language Hassaniya Arabic and gave it Mauritania as home country. I then assigned it to some northern malian cities. This way, newgens born in these cities will have a strong chance to get a mauritanian sounding name, like in reality.

For example I created the language Hassaniya Arabic and gave it Mauritania as home country. I then assigned it to some northern malian cities. This way, newgens born in these cities will have a strong chance to get a mauritanian sounding name, like in reality.

OK, I thought you somehow managed to assigned the names to a certain region or language :) Smart solution, BTW.

BTW - any sort of feedback is highly welcome. Two quick questions to people who downloaded this update:

1. Have you ever sent your scouts to Mali, and what have been the Results?

2. Have you taken a Job there? Which Club? How easy/diffcult seems the job to you?

cheers

FG

I agree you are correct although I must ask if a Malian league is necessary, I am sorry but you have probably wasted you time creating this. I'll be shocked if more than 250 people want it to be honest.

Then that's 250 people he has made happy with this database then!!!!!!!!!!

FuryG... silenced.

I doubt so. Still if you don't have anything constructive and don't like people creating a Malian league why don't you just ignore this thread. No one cares about you disliking it. Anyway let's hope the mods have a look about behaviour.

Absolutely fantastic work once again FuryG!

I think your work on Africa has made the game so much more enjoyable, as (like many others) I've always felt that the continent was extremely under-represented.

I found it incredibly frustrating that the only good "undiscovered" africans in the game were those already playing in Scandinavia etc, and there was no real point in sending your scouts to Africa at all - bar to a few big name teams such as ASEC Mimosas.

Now, however, I am currently playing a career as Le Havre and my mission has been to discover the best young african talents and bring them over to France before anybody else :). Like yourself, i find this type of game so much more enjoyable than playing with, say, my local english club somewhere near the bottom of the league pyramid.

Keep up the good work mate!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I would like to update my Malian league structure to make it even more similar to real life. At the moment, the structure is limited to what the normal editor can do, i.e.,

First Division (14 Teams, 2 Teams relegated)

Second Division (11 Sub-Divisions -> 11 Winner Teams play a promotion stage)

I would like to make the Second Division more similar to real life. In fact, the 11 Sub-Divisions are

Ligue Bamako A, Ligue Bamako B, Ligue Bamako C

Ligue Segou A, Ligue Segou B

Ligue Koulikoro

Ligue Sikasso

Ligue Kayes

Ligue Mopti

Ligue Gao

Ligue Nord

Promotion to the First Division is aquired through a promotion tournament of two groups of four teams (so 8 Teams enter the promotion tournament). For this purpose, the three Bamako leagues and the two Segou leagues have to play out their participant prior to the promotion tournament. This is a simple two-leg playoff for the winners of Ligue Segou A and Ligue Segou B, and a 3-team playoff for the three Winners of Ligue Bamako A, B, and C.

The final promotion tournament then consists of 8 teams in 2 groups of four, with the two group winners winning promotion to the First Division.

Is this possible, and could someone who is proficient with the Advanced Editor help me with realizing this? I would then of course share the file with the community! :)

Archived