OLT - Egypt League (An Update to Mohag's File)

O'Leary's Trainee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATED VERSION - CORRECTING A COUPLE OF MINOR ERRORS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had mixed up the Upper and Lower Egypt regions, thinking South and North. This was wrong in the original file, but I have now corrected this. Lower Egypt now is the northern part of with the cities of Alexandria and Port Said, while Upper Egypt now refers to the Southern area, such as Aswan and Assyut.

Also updated this info to give correct credit to Mohab (not Mohag)... sorry 'bout that ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENERAL INFORMATION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Data Editor file of the Egypt leages, created as accurately as possible with a few exceptions (as noted in the info sections of this file)

This creation was based on Mohab's original Egypt release, and I've simply expanded on that one. This was done to have correct regional division two (adding longitude, latitude values for all Egypt cities), as well as complete team colors and change their names so they no longer are english sounding.

This file has been tested through 3 full seasons without any issues at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMPETITIONS

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Egyptian Premier Leauge

Egyptian 2nd Division (Regional)

- Egyptian 2nd Div - Group A (Upper Egypt)

- Egyptian 2nd Div - Group B (Cairo)

- Egyptian 2nd Div - Group C (Lower Egypt)

Egyptian 3rd Division (Inactive)

Egyptian Cup

Egyptian Super Cup (SuperCup)

Reserves League and Cup

Under 21's League and Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Egyptian Premier Leauge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16 Teams

Play each team 2 times for a total of 30 games

Bottom three teams relegated to 2nd Division

Changes from Mohab's file:

Renamed some teams to their original Egypt names (Arab Contractors = Al-Mokawloon Al-Arab, Police Union = Ittihad Al-Shorta)

Ensured all teams play in their correct stadium (where info could be found), or at least were given a stadium in their correct home town, to ensure regional divisions below would work properly.

Ensured all teams had their correct team colors. If info not found - random team colors assigned.

Tweaked attendances to be more realistic.

Tweaked finances (including stadium rental for those who don't have their own ground)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Egyptian 2nd Division

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three Regional Divisions (Group A - Upper Egypt, Group B - Cairo, Group C - Lower Egypt)*

16 Teams

Play each team 2 times for a total of 30 games

Top team (each region) promoted to Premier League

Bottom three teams (each region) relegated to 3rd Division

Changes from Mohab's file:

Renamed some teams to their original Egypt names

Ensured all teams play in their correct stadium (where info could be found), or at least were given a stadium in their correct home town, to ensure regional divisions below would work properly.

Ensured all teams had their correct team colors. If info not found - random team colors assigned.

Tweaked attendances to be more realistic.

Tweaked finances (including stadium rental for those who don't have their own ground)

* Teams have all been placed in their correct regional division as of current 09/10 season, to correct errors from Mohab's file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Egyptian Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changed dates to reflect playing days as of 08/09 season.

No further changes from Mohab's file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Egyptian Super Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winner of Egyptian Premier League play against the winner of the Egyptian Cup

No changes from Mohab's file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reserves League and Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reserve Leagues are structured excactly as the Senior Divisions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Under 20's League and Cup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Under 21's Leagues are structured excactly as the Senior Divisions

~~~~~~

AWARDS

~~~~~~

Egyptian Premier League Best 11

Egyptian Premier League Manager of the Year

Egyptian Premier League Player of the Year

Egyptian Premier League Young Player of the Year

Egyptian Premier League Top Scorer

Egyptian Premier League Goal of the Year

Egyptian Premier League Player of the Month

Egyptian Premier League Young Player of the Month

Egyptian Premier League Goal of the Month

Egyptian 2nd Division Player of the Year

Egyptian 2nd Division Young Player of the Year

Egyptian 2nd Division Player of the Month

Egyptian 2nd Division Young Player of the Month

~~~~~

TEAMS

~~~~~

ALL Egypt cities now have long/lat values to ensure promotion/relegation into regional 2nd Division reflects reality.

Total of 93 Egyptian teams in the database *

Premier League: Al-Ahly, Al-Gaish, Al-Masry, Assyut Petrol, El Gouna, ENPPI, Entag Harby, Ghazl Al-Mehalla, Haras El-Hodoud, Ismaily, Ittihad, Ittihad Al-Shorta, Mansoura, Mokawloon, Petrojet, Zamalek

2nd Division Group A (Upper Egypt): Al-Fayoum, Al-Maqasah, Aluminium, Al-Wosta, Aswan, Ebshouay, El-Minya, Grand Hotel, Madina Monowara, Shabab Qena, Sohab SC, Sukkar Abu Qirqas, Sukkar Al-Hawamdeya, Telefonat Beni Suef, Wadi El-Gedeed, Walideya

2nd Division Group B (Cairo): Al-Mareekh, Al-Nasr Egypt, Al-Sekka, Asmant El-Suweis, Banha, Dakhleya, El-Shams, GASCO, Gomhoreyat Shepin, Itesalat, Montakhab, Olympi El-Qanal, Rebat & Anwar, Sharqiya, Tersana, Wadi Degla

2nd Division Group C (Lower Egypt): Abu Qair Semad, Ala'ab Damanhour, Al-Koroum, Al-Zarqa, Baladeyet, El-Hammam, El-Senbellawin, Kafr El-Sheikh, Maleyet Kafer El Zayiat, Meyah El Beheira, Nabarouh, Olympic Alexandria, Razja'h, Samanoud, Smouha, Tanta

* A number of new teams created for the 2nd division that were missing in the DB. A couple more 3rd division teams added as well.

~~~~~~~

PLAYERS

~~~~~~~

There has been no changes to the players database in my version. Whether or not Mohab's file had any player additions I don't know.

------------

DOWNLOAD HERE

Fixed Upper/Lower Egypt error...

Hmm, the allocation of D2-clubs is a bit strange. Given that "upper Egypt" refers to the upper Nile (so the southern part of the country!) it's strange to see the northern city of Alexandria in the upper Egypt league, while the southern city of Aswan is in lower Egypt league. Have you mixed up the league names?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ancient_Egypt_map-en.svg

Very nice - am eager to try it out! But... Cayman Islands Cup???

Ooops... That's just me using the same template for those league updates, and failing to change the cup name from my Cayman Islands league info file :) It's got the correct name in the league update though, so it only applies to the info file I write.

Changed the OP now, though.

Hmm, the allocation of D2-clubs is a bit strange. Given that "upper Egypt" refers to the upper Nile (so the southern part of the country!) it's strange to see the northern city of Alexandria in the upper Egypt league, while the southern city of Aswan is in lower Egypt league. Have you mixed up the league names?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ancient_Egypt_map-en.svg

That explains my confusion when I was making this. Didn't know that, and just assumed that "Lower Egypt" would mean the Northern part of Egypt. Sorry about that.

Ooops... That's just me using the same template for those league updates' date=' and failing to change the cup name from my Cayman Islands league info file :) It's got the correct name in the league update though, so it only applies to the info file I write.

Changed the OP now, though.

That explains my confusion when I was making this. Didn't know that, and just assumed that "Lower Egypt" would mean the Northern part of Egypt. Sorry about that.[/quote']

First of all its mohaB not mohaG

second of all lower egypt IS the northern part of egypt but its not called "lower egypt" its called "bahary" which includes alexandria.

and the upper egypt is the southern part of egypt which include aswan and is called "el se'eed"

First of all its mohaB not mohaG

second of all lower egypt IS the northern part of egypt but its not called "lower egypt" its called "bahary" which includes alexandria.

and the upper egypt is the southern part of egypt which include aswan and is called "el se'eed"

Sorry about spelling your name wrong. I've corrected that in all places, except for the thread title (which I cannot change).

I've also updated the download file to correct the Upper/Lower Egypt error, so the regional divisions are now named correctly.

• 4 months later...
Sorry for asking the same question over and over, but... Will there be a 10.3 compatible file?

This is compatible with 10.3 as far as I am aware. I am running tests with many leagues an this is one of them, and I am using 10.3

Sorry for asking the same question over and over, but... Will there be a 10.3 compatible file?

You could easy test every league file for 10.3 compatibilty by just setting up a new game with the 10.3 database and the league file you want to test. If there is no error the file will run with 10.3

The 10.3 patch did not change the way how the game does load and set-up leagues files. The only difference is the 10.3 database with some updated and new records, which could interfere with a league file made prior to the 10.3 database.

Most league files (I guess 99%) do work with the 10.3 patch.

But some of them do not work, when starting a new game with the 10.3 database, because of the changes in the original database.

I've missed the replies in this thread, but thought I'd step in and confirm that this is fully compatible with 10.3 from all my tests.

The only problem would be if you want to load it in the editor and make any additional changes, in which case you may have to re-assign all teams to their correct divisions. But loading and playing in the normal game isn't going to give you any kinds of problems that I'm aware of.

OLT, Thanks for confirming.

I am not wanting to edit your files. Only use them in combination with a lot of other files.

Thanks for all your great work, by the way. :thup:

As most (all?) of your have players added to them, won't that collide with FuryG's African players update?

No need to worry about any conflict with FuryG's file. I am using it myself, so I work around it if necessary to avoid any duplicate players. So far, he hadn't added any players to the nations I've been updating, so all players in Ghana and Cameroon were added by me.

This Egypt file does not have any added players, as the Top Level teams pretty much have full squads in the official db.

• 1 month later...

OK, I have a problem here. I downloaded the Ghana league and it shows. But when I download the Egypt league and place it in editor file, there is only one change which I can see and that is the Ghana league! Why is this so? I am supposed to see 2 changes right because I downloaded 2 different leagues!?? :(

Can't say what you may be doing...

You did make sure to tick the Change Database Files before starting up a new game? If you do - among the list of files available, is that where you mean you don't see the Egypt league?

You'll need to explain where this "change" is not happening before I can help you any further with the problem.

Can't say what you may be doing...

You did make sure to tick the Change Database Files before starting up a new game? If you do - among the list of files available' date=' is that where you mean you don't see the Egypt league?

You'll need to explain where this "change" is not happening before I can help you any further with the problem.[/quote']

OK, the problem is fixed! I mistakenly downloaded the Egypt league in the editor folder instead of going into the Football Manager 2010 folder first! Silly me! Thanks for your kind reply anyway! I guess I must be suffering from pre-match anxiety on seeing Man United win their 19th title! :D

Thanks. Good to know it's sorted. Have fun with the African experience!

I guess I must be suffering from pre-match anxiety on seeing Man United win their 19th title! :D

You're missing out on what is important here... Leeds are going UP! UP! UP! We're coming back to hunt you down :)

• 2 weeks later...

When trying to use this file I get the following error message:

Could not process group rule settings in ../../egypt.dbc

Egyptian Cup - Too many teams requested (16) from Egyptian 2nd Division C (Lower Egypt) (6 teams)

Any clues?

When trying to use this file I get the following error message:

Could not process group rule settings in ../../egypt.dbc

Egyptian Cup - Too many teams requested (16) from Egyptian 2nd Division C (Lower Egypt) (6 teams)

Any clues?

It would appear you are NOT using my Egypt file when getting that error.

Looking at the filename according to your error message it is called "egypt.dbc", while my file is named "OLT - Egypt V1.3.xml"

So, either you downloaded another file, or you made changes to the file and saved it as the new file name. In either case - I can't help you. My recommendation is to re-download the league using the link in the first post of this thread. You should have no problems using that one.

I certainly was using your file.

What I've done was loading the file in the editor (As I always like to check out the completeness, level of realisticness and so; btw your file looks great) and then saved the file compressed as egypt.dbc.

To even exclude the fact that I saved compressed as cause of the problem I tried in starting up a new save with just your plain xml file and even then I got the error message.

Edit:

Looks like the problem of disappearing clubs has appeared again as when I open the xml file at first in the editor everything is fine, when I try to start a game I get an error and when I open the xml file again there are only 6 clubs.

Looks suspiciously like the bug I had in: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185697

Edit 2:

Upon further investigation of the file it appeared that 28 clubs somehow were stripped of their assigned competition but still are available in the database. So after some tedious checking which club should be assigned to which competition the file is complete again and I get no further error messages when starting up the save.

Once again :thup: to the file anyway as most custom files are far from being so complete with regards to longitude&latitude/stadiums/kit colours.

Edit:

Looks like the problem of disappearing clubs has appeared again as when I open the xml file at first in the editor everything is fine, when I try to start a game I get an error and when I open the xml file again there are only 6 clubs.

Looks suspiciously like the bug I had in: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185697

Edit 2:

Upon further investigation of the file it appeared that 28 clubs somehow were stripped of their assigned competition but still are available in the database. So after some tedious checking which club should be assigned to which competition the file is complete again and I get no further error messages when starting up the save.

Once again :thup: to the file anyway as most custom files are far from being so complete with regards to longitude&latitude/stadiums/kit colours.

Glad you got it sorted.

Sounds odd though - it IS the version 1.3 that you got downloaded, right? Just making sure I didn't forget to update the download link. If it is the older version, then I understand that the teams got dropped from their divisions, as that was the problem with this file before I updated to version 1.3.

If it is version 1.3, I'll probably have to look into it some more so other people who download the file don't get the same problem.

Darn!

Yeah, that explains it. I'd forgotten to update the link for the file at my own forum where it is hosted.

I've updated the link here, and over there as well, so you should now get the updated, working file by clicking the download.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• 1 month later...

Archived