FM10: Alphonse Areola

John Smith

Player Profile

areola.jpg

One of the most promising goalkeepers in the world, aged only 16 years. Could be one excellent bargain if he develops nicely.

He is strangely an unconvincing left back / wing back. Plays with his left foot too. Potential to be one of the best left back? Hmm...

Facts:

Alphonse Areola is a goalkeeper training at the Camp des Loges, academy of Paris Saint-Germain. He is a graduate of the famed Clairefontaine, which helped groom top players such as Thierry Henry, Nicolas Anelka, and William Gallas. Areola holds Filipino nationality but is already declared for France.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting him tutored by Coupet in my PSG team, so that will get his determination up a bit.

I could never get Fiorillo to improve on 09 though, so hopefully it's different with Areola. :)

Can become the best in the world with a bit of luck.

France manager will have a bit of a headache choosing between Mandanda, Lloris and Areola. :eek:

Bought him for City on my save.

Has improved at a very very good rate, his determination has boosted a bit, and some of his technical have rose quickly.

He is being tutored by Shay Given, and is on the basic training regime, when he is 17, I will wack him on my custom Schedule.

Great little buy for compensation of 900k or what ever it was :D

Played well in his few games he has had. (Carling Cup and couple Prem games).

Areola.png

I think Areola is someone you need to take a risk with if you want him to develop to a quality standard. I think his starting CA is very low and he won't improve much unless you get that determination stat up. Good tutoring (I have Fabiasnki tutoring him) and lots of game time. Even as Arsenal, I've played him 5 times already and I'm aiming to give him 20 or so games. So even though he isn't very good right now, I'm using him as my number two just to see if I can develop him.

Bringing him in as my No2 at Manchester United. Going to have Van Der Sar tutor him and I'm thinking about starting the season with him, it's such a big gamble but I'm not too bothered about the Community Shield and I have Hull, Burnley, Fulham and Sunderland in my first month. Anyone know what his starting CA is?

Ive just baught him for my Manchester United Team. Being tutored by Van Der Sar and is in the Youth Schedule of Tuggs Training. Determination has gone up quickly already! We are only in about 4 months in - im looking at giving him a few games here and there. See what happens as we already had a shakey game against Doncaster with Foster in goal!

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7220/31539150.png

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5558/72707322.png

Start of the 2nd season, first season he was trained by VDS and Igor :D

Ill prolly give him a few runs in some of the cup games and depending how I go maybe even a few league games

You've resized the screen shots so the numbers are extremely difficult to see.

I know i should have expected Foster to be shaky - but His gone now - so i only have VDS - Areola and Adler in now... I'll post a screenie when i feel that he has improved enough to warrent it - He is improving but he doesn't look much different in his GK attributes

Here he is in my game, going into the 4th season.

Picture5-1.png

Not looking too bad I think, and still two or three years to still improve.

thats about how much he can be already.

go download genie scout and you will see thats about max-ing out his stats..

like i say, he couldnt reach a PA of *

Oh god he looks bad there lol. Don't think your tutors were good enough really, getting his determination up was one thing I focused on.

He is honestly turning out great for me. I am now at the stage where I feel confident playing him in pretty much any game.

Oh god he looks bad there lol. Don't think your tutors were good enough really, getting his determination up was one thing I focused on.

He is honestly turning out great for me. I am now at the stage where I feel confident playing him in goals.

I have a brazilian regen of equal PA...but my regens CA is miles passed areolas

hes only 19, 3 years younger than areola...but i can tell you now that areola will only ever be a sub keeper for me...my regen is that good already

Archived