Jonathan Cristaldo - a legend in the making?

cristaldo.jpg

Have FM unearthed a future star for Argentina? His stats speak for themselves. His technichal attributes are top notch, it's just a shame that his determination doesn't match the rest of his well developed mental attributes.

He's not particularly strong or quick, but with a high work rate and team work ethic, good composure, flair, anticipation, heading, finishing, technique and dribbling all at the ripe old age of 20...this guy could go onto be an FM great!

I picked him up for £1.5 million but he can be got for under £1 million.

He has had a massive over haul from FM09, he we was great on there, but obviously he has impressed a researcher to come back to the FM series looking like that!

Can he still be picked up for less than £1m, or do we have to fork out this year?

he's certainly great in the demo... but dont be too hasty..

he had random stats in fm09 and i suspect he does in this one too....

sometimes he has amazing technicals like in the demo.. but sometimes he has the stats spread out a lot more and doesnt seem so great.... either way he is a great buy for anything from league 1 upwards and has a lot of potential

yeah i take it your not using the english quick save then?

each quicksave is literally just a new game which has been loaded and then saved so stats will always be different in each one

and yeah.. of course he will be a good player... my point was jsut that dont expect him to have such great technicals etc in the full game each save..

just as the screenie above shows

heres a few of him in 09 just to illustrate:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/jon%20cristaldo%20fm09/ThoraxUK/crista.png

http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/144900_cristaldo_jpgc6f624bd1a7b1cd068c63f8432fcbdd8

Ahh.. i jumped to a conclusion to early :) what a noob!

Very lucky PA then in the english quick start save i must say! :rolleyes: But i would prefer him with more pace :)

Sorry if this is a bit off topic Hopey, i just got to know :) are there alot of peoples attributes that are going to look alot different in the full game? :thup:

Sorry, was a bit of a dumb question really.

What i meant was, I take it there is alot of people like Cristaldo in the demo, who look absolutely amazing, but are going to have random stats in everyone elses game in the full release. So there isn't really much point looking for 'gems' at the moment?

Short answer to that is yes, if a player has random stats (i.e. his stats are full of 0's) then he may look good in the demo due to these being based on saves. But in the full game he will be alot more random for everyone.

Perhaps Cristaldo comes under that branch, perhaps not. Time will tell, but yes if I were people I would use the demo to adjust to FM and the tactical structure, possible targets etc. I wouldn't use it for 'gem' research just yet. :thup:

just to add to whats been said ... cristaldo will always be a 'gem' tbh.. his spread of stats might not be as impressive as the OP but he'll still have the same sort of potential and will be a star in most games. .. and of course this will apply to most other young starlets you find in the demo...

Got a work permit for City. On appeal :) So it shouldnt really be that hard to get one.

Im going too see how low he will go in leagues, unless someone wants to save me some time and tell me, would be appreciated. ;)

he's certainly great in the demo... but dont be too hasty..

he had random stats in fm09 and i suspect he does in this one too....

sometimes he has amazing technicals like in the demo.. but sometimes he has the stats spread out a lot more and doesnt seem so great.... either way he is a great buy for anything from league 1 upwards and has a lot of potential

In 09 he had a random weaker foot, so all of his stats would be different depending on that. It looks like he still does, he looks almost unchanged from last year.

He does look the same as last year, i.e. some degree of random stats.

I remember people raving about him in FM09 but I bought him a few times for my Leeds team and he never turned out better than a decent Championship/lower Prem striker, but others seemed to have much better luck with him.

I bought him on my Sunderland game, he scored in the first league game but didn't score in the next 3, but 2 of those games were against Man U and Liverpool and I only brought him on in the 65th minute so maybe i'm expecting too much?

• 2 weeks later...

have him in my newcastle save, brought him in mid-season 1st year he scored 9 in 19 as a defensive forward on attack in my 4-1-2-2-1, start of second season trying to play him as an advanced forward to get better ratings, 6.5 in first season. anyone else have any ideas how to make him tick.

• 1 month later...
what role do you guys plays him as, cuz i have no luck with playing him as a complete CF?

Going by RandallUK's screenshot.

You could play him as a poacher, though it would limit his game.

Finishing

Dribbling

First Touch

Anticipation

Acceleration

Pace

Balance

Agility

only his off ball movement is a slight letdown for a poacher at 12, otherwise, everything else seems to be pretty good.

Archived